Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #2416
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Guess what I went back for today?

I had to complete the set!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #2417
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how the comic cons work? You pay admission to get in but then do you have to pay go VIP passes to get autographs from the celebrities ? I don't get it? So expensive. $250 for VIP. What's the point of going to the convention
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #2418
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
Does anyone know how the comic cons work? You pay admission to get in but then do you have to pay go VIP passes to get autographs from the celebrities ? I don't get it? So expensive. $250 for VIP. What's the point of going to the convention
I think that at least for the bigger celebrities you have to get a separate ticket. I just looked real quick at the upcoming Boston Comic Con and found this:

"Tickets for autographed photo signings for John Bernthal and Lauren Cohan of The Walking Dead and Power Ranger Jason David Frank can only be purchased at the show at the individual celebrity's table on a first come first serve basis. These tickets are separate from admission tickets to The Boston Comic Con."

One day admission is $25.00. I'm not real clear on how much tickets are for Jon Bernthan and Lauren Cohan but it is extra.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #2419
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post

I think that at least for the bigger celebrities you have to get a separate ticket. I just looked real quick at the upcoming Boston Comic Con and found this:

"Tickets for autographed photo signings for John Bernthal and Lauren Cohan of The Walking Dead and Power Ranger Jason David Frank can only be purchased at the show at the individual celebrity's table on a first come first serve basis. These tickets are separate from admission tickets to The Boston Comic Con."

One day admission is $25.00. I'm not real clear on how much tickets are for Jon Bernthan and Lauren Cohan but it is extra.
The admission gets you in but you can't get an autograph ? It's was $200 to $250 for VIP. That gets you in the q and a room with the celebrity and I think a few walking dead items and can get pix with the celeb. I love Laurie Holden but not for $250. I would pay the $25 to get in and take a chance of seeing her and getting an autograph.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #2420
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I just looked at Chicago's C2E2 and they're having, from The Walking Dead, Chad Coleman, Chandler Riggs and Laurie Holden. Lots of other people too that aren't from The Walking Dead.

I can't find out how VIP tickets were for that. Were because it says they're sold out already. Just to get in the door is $25 advance sale and $35 at the door.

Last edited by Belle0101; 04-07-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #2421
Belle0101
New Rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
The admission gets you in but you can't get an autograph ? It's was $200 to $250 for VIP. That gets you in the q and a room with the celebrity and I think a few walking dead items and can get pix with the celeb. I love Laurie Holden but not for $250. I would pay the $25 to get in and take a chance of seeing her and getting an autograph.
Admission plus VIP, plus if you buy anything ... I bet it's nothing to drop $300 or more if you want to meet the celebrities.

Last edited by Belle0101; 04-07-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #2422
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Admission plus VIP, plus if you buy anything ... I bet it's nothing to drop $300 or more if you want to meet the celebrities.
Yea doesn't seem worth it. I would rather save money for Disney. If I had extra $ I would but I don't.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #2423
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

Just curious about this show. My stepdaughter tells me it is my five year old grandson's favorite thing to watch. Reading this threat I can't find anything that makes me think this is appropriate for a five year old. Am I way off base? She says he knows it is fake and its OK but I also know that he doesn't sleep well. He watches lots of other violent TV and movies too - waiting anxiously for Jurassic Park 3D for example.

What do those of you familiar with The Walking Dead think of a five year old loving it?
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
Old 04-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #2424
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Completely inappropriate for kids that young, knowing its fake or not.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #2425
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsMom View Post
Just curious about this show. My stepdaughter tells me it is my five year old grandson's favorite thing to watch. Reading this threat I can't find anything that makes me think this is appropriate for a five year old. Am I way off base? She says he knows it is fake and its OK but I also know that he doesn't sleep well. He watches lots of other violent TV and movies too - waiting anxiously for Jurassic Park 3D for example.

What do those of you familiar with The Walking Dead think of a five year old loving it?
There is no way on God's Green Earth I would let a 5 year old watch TWD! Heck, I had my 12 year old niece over, and changed the channel!

Look at it this way: The producers have stated they keep pushing the gore and the gross factor, looking for the censors to tell them they have gone too far. And they will keep pushing until they are made to stop. The violence is very very graphic. We are talking squished in heads with stuff splattering all over, and the camera hanging in for close ups. Guts falling out, with zombies feasting on them.

I can't imagine letting a 5 year old watch this, no matter if they know what is real and what is not. I now it is not real, and certain things have made me almost vomit.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #2426
CharityLynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just looked at Chicago's C2E2 and they're having, from The Walking Dead, Chad Coleman, Chandler Riggs and Laurie Holden. Lots of other people too that aren't from The Walking Dead.

I can't find out how VIP tickets were for that. Were because it says they're sold out already. Just to get in the door is $25 advance sale and $35 at the door.
My husband and I are going to C2E2 and you can get a photo and autograph with the Walking Dead three (Andrea, Tyreese, Carl) for $40 each. But that is standing in 3 separate lines.
Beach Club Villas 10/07
Bay Lake Tower 10/10
Beach Club Villas 10/14
Old 04-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #2427
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It has insane amounts of violence and partial nudity sometimes. It should be on Disney Junior. :rollseyes
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #2428
CharityLynn
DIS Veteran

There is no way I'd allow a 5 year old to watch this show. It is amazingly disgusting. I turn my head many times because of the gore and gore doesn't tend to bother me really. I won't even let my 10 year old watch it. MY nearly 14 year old has watched 2 episodes but he has been introduced to horror from his Dad's family and does okay with it.
Beach Club Villas 10/07
Bay Lake Tower 10/10
Beach Club Villas 10/14
Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #2429
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:

I have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old. Sometimes I watch while they are playing in their rooms. They have never seen the show but are very curious about and ask me questions about the zombies. The other day my 5 yr old drew a picture of a zombie she's never done that before. I think as side from the gore the emotional subject matter is to intense for a child. The show has very adult dialog and the characters interactions are violent and sexual. There is no way this is good for a 5 yr old. But my kids have seen Jurassic Park
Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #2430
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely inappropriate for a five year old. For one, there are very scary zombies. It's gory. Lots of death and bloodshed. Not to mention sex. And now they're torturing and killing each other. If there were a movie rating for this, it would definitely be R for violence and sex.

Jurassic Park isn't that bad, though.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: