Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #2387
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I think Dale's death really upset me. Probably because he was so concerned with preserving their humanity, and losing him was like, score one for the savages.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #2388
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

stinks for T-Dog, because I was upset by his death, but then minutes later came Lori's, and I was just toast! That was a rough episode! My only glimmer of life left, was my belief (or total denial perhaps) that Carol was still alive somehwere.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #2389
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

So, no one visits the TWD forums on Television Without Pity's website? (I asked on the previous page but everyone ignored me!) They have discussion threads for Carl and for each character, but I find the threads on the individual episodes to be really fascinating and interesting.

Anyway, I must be the only one who is not crushing on Norman Reedus! I like the Daryl character. I like his friendship with Carol (whether it goes anywhere or not, I think they need each other to lean on). I just don't get weak in the knees over him - or any of them, really. But if I were going to be weak in the knees over anyone, it would probably be Andrew Lincoln - because what girl wouldn't want a guy to do what he did at the doorstep of Keira Knightley in Love Actually? That is a very romantic scene of unfulfilled, unrequited love! Still, though, his accent bothers me on TWD.

I had no clue that Norman had been involved with Helena Christensen! Wow! I knew he had been a model, so I guess it makes sense that he hooked up with some models, but I didn't know about her.

Helena Christensen gets around! She also had her hooks in the late, great (and super HOTTTTTT) Michael Hutchence of INXS - who I did have a crush on - for quite a while! And, there were rumors that she and Chris Isaak hooked up during or after her appearance in his video.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #2390
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
So, no one visits the TWD forums on Television Without Pity's website? (I asked on the previous page but everyone ignored me!) They have discussion threads for Carl and for each character, but I find the threads on the individual episodes to be really fascinating and interesting.

I found the bit about the town very interesting. It's nice to read that they've been investing money into that little town. On the other hand, the original residents might be happy with the way it was and not want all the attention and new development going on.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #2391
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
I think they will do a time jump through the winter again. Did you see that in the last couple of episodes, they were back to wearing their warmer clothes, like it was starting to get colder?
I really hope they don't do another time jump. Or at least give us some flashbacks to let us know what happened during it. I didn't liek how season 3 started and it left a lot of unanswered questions.
And what about the whole Lori being mad at Rick thing? I know that when season 2 ended she was mad at him for killing Shane....which I totally didn't get since she was the one telling Risk that Shane had to be dealt with. But to still be mad at him several months later? Especially since Rick had managed to get them off of Hershel's farm and kept them safe over the winter.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #2392
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post

I really hope they don't do another time jump. Or at least give us some flashbacks to let us know what happened during it. I didn't liek how season 3 started and it left a lot of unanswered questions.
And what about the whole Lori being mad at Rick thing? I know that when season 2 ended she was mad at him for killing Shane....which I totally didn't get since she was the one telling Risk that Shane had to be dealt with. But to still be mad at him several months later? Especially since Rick had managed to get them off of Hershel's farm and kept them safe over the winter.
I think they do time jumps because Carl is maturing and growing quickly in real life!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #2393
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't like that either. It's really just a sloppy way for the writers to explain that characters have grown and matured. Carol used to be a marshmallow and now she's a badass? Michonne saved Andrea and now they're BFFs? Carl was a kid who liked to get in trouble, and now he's a child soldier? Some life-altering things must have happened over the winter. What, exactly? We will never know.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #2394
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtasanSatine View Post
Any ideas on where to find the Daryl figure? But I'm also digging for any movies Norman Reedus has been in too.
If you mean the Pop Vinyl figure, I got mine at Hot Topic. But I found the Rick one at Barnes and Noble (for $4 less..ouch, LOL).

Quote:

Anyway, I must be the only one who is not crushing on Norman Reedus! I like the Daryl character. I like his friendship with Carol (whether it goes anywhere or not, I think they need each other to lean on). I just don't get weak in the knees over him - or any of them, really. But if I were going to be weak in the knees over anyone, it would probably be Andrew Lincoln - because what girl wouldn't want a guy to do what he did at the doorstep of Keira Knightley in Love Actually? That is a very romantic scene of unfulfilled, unrequited love! Still, though, his accent bothers me on TWD.

I had no clue that Norman had been involved with Helena Christensen! Wow! I knew he had been a model, so I guess it makes sense that he hooked up with some models, but I didn't know about her.

Helena Christensen gets around! She also had her hooks in the late, great (and super HOTTTTTT) Michael Hutchence of INXS - who I did have a crush on - for quite a while! And, there were rumors that she and Chris Isaak hooked up during or after her appearance in his video.
LOL - I went to find that other message board when I read your post last night and ended up staying over there reading (and never made it back here).

Next Up:
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #2395
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

I'll blame Boondock Saints for part of my being a Daryl fan, I flipped into an epsiode and spotted him so cue connect the dots and being hooked on TWD from there.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #2396
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:

I found the bit about the town very interesting. It's nice to read that they've been investing money into that little town. On the other hand, the original residents might be happy with the way it was and not want all the attention and new development going on.
My understanding (from family who live there) is that the townsfolk are pretty happy with the fame.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #2397
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Quote:

I agree. When I saw the first ep of TWD I screeched "It's the 'To me you are perfect guy!'" I don't mind his accent but I prefer his real voice.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #2398
nuke
Life is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
Andrea. You have no idea how much :*(

I think we have an idea how much.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #2399
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
I think we have an idea how much.

nice
Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #2400
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Anyway, I must be the only one who is not crushing on Norman Reedus! I like the Daryl character. I like his friendship with Carol (whether it goes anywhere or not, I think they need each other to lean on). I just don't get weak in the knees over him - or any of them, really.
Nah, I like Daryl (mostly because he carries a crossbow), but I'm not obsessing over his character. My favorite character was Glenn, back in the days that he wore the baseball cap and went on crazy runs. He just hasn't been the same since Maggie came along and he was tortured...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: