Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #2326
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
She probably doesn't have much game either, I'm sure she had to be very submissive with that pig she was married to, and I would guess they got married fairly young. I just want to see them show some emotion toward each other, it's very obvious it's there!!!!
Very true - Carol probably hated having to be with that husband. She needs to be with someone who is caring and sensitive, but can also take care of business when needed! She and Daryl do care about each other very much in some way. I'd hate for the emotion to come out (from him) after she gets killed or something. Hopefully we'll get to see something happen or something expressed before one of them 'goes.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
I thought that was kind of like a 'we were doing intense things and this is a good way to release some of that tension'.

To be honest last season I thought they were setting Andrea and Daryl up.
I can totally see how the Daryl-Andrea pairing looked like a possibility at one point. Weren't there at least a couple of scenes where Daryl and Andrea went off together to either look for Sophia or whatever? I think that at the time I first saw them together alone, I was thinking "I wonder if they're being put together to test their chemistry" (like soap operas do with various characters). Then they just stopped having scenes together or interacting with each other.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #2327
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
I believe we are going to see Daryl dealing with Merle's death in the beginning of next season. I just don't think he had time to fall apart yet. He made it back to the prison, and at that point Rick probably told him to get packed up because they were hitting the road. Then they had to quickly get some defenses in place. Daryl strikes me as someone who can push aside his emotions until he has time to deal with them.

Or he may just keep them bottled up, which wouldn't surprise me.
Yep, totally agree!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #2328
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
I believe we are going to see Daryl dealing with Merle's death in the beginning of next season. I just don't think he had time to fall apart yet. He made it back to the prison, and at that point Rick probably told him to get packed up because they were hitting the road. Then they had to quickly get some defenses in place. Daryl strikes me as someone who can push aside his emotions until he has time to deal with them.

Or he may just keep them bottled up, which wouldn't surprise me.
I really hope they do. It bothered me that he just jumped right back in like nothing happened

I can see him finally becoming vulnerable, but maybe only showing that side to Carol (and them hooking up in that moment of grief and passion). And then, that leads to regret on his part and more complications in their relationship. OK..maybe not That is too textbook TV writing
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #2329
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post

I really don't want Rick to be with anyone, yet, as his wife just died. I hope that they're not putting Karen in there to be his love interest.
I agree. With everything Rick has been thru, it would be way too soon to have him connect with someone. And I don't see it with Michonne. I just didn't see the chemistry between the two of them that other people saw. She seems too independent and strong minded to be with Rick.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #2330
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

How many more seasons do you think there will be ?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #2331
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
Just enough to kill off everybody.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #2332
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just enough to kill off everybody.
Probably. Ugh.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #2333
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Someone just said on FB was glen mazara fault they killed off Andrea. Made her into a jerk season 3 and fans ended up hating her. And it was Kirkman in season 1 and 2 who made her the bad *** everyone liked
Old 04-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #2334
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Someone just said on FB was glen mazara fault they killed off Andrea. Made her into a jerk season 3 and fans ended up hating her. And it was Kirkman in season 1 and 2 who made her the bad *** everyone liked
I read an interview where the decision was pretty much left up to Laurie Holden whether she wanted Andrea to be killed off or not. Let me try to find that interview.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #2335
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Who knows. The comics have been 10+ years. If they keep writing a good show and don't kill of the remaining characters it could go on for a while
Old 04-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #2336
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
So are they really pandering to popular opinion? I wish they wouldn't do that. Except for with Daryl. They must keep Daryl.

Really, I hated Andrea from the second season on. How she was so angry at Dale for not letting her die, and then suddenly, she was a big bad *** who just wanted to go and shoot things. I was kind of upset when Michonne came along and saved her.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #2337
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...terview-431969

This is a good interview, but I think I must have misunderstood. Here are some of the highlights:

The Hollywood Reporter: When did you find out that Andrea was going to die?
Laurie Holden: I got the official word a few days before we began principal photography on the finale. [Departing showrunner] Glen Mazzara called me. It was a shock to everyone. It was never part of the original story document for season three and was rather unexpected. That said, this is The Walking Dead and the show is not conventional by any means. We know as actors going in what this gig is about. You just roll with it. I had one hell of a run and feel blessed to have had three great seasons.

THR: If Andrea wasn't supposed to die then what was the original story?
Holden: Andrea was always supposed to save Woodbury. But she still did. There was peace to her death because she was reunited with her best friend and her family. In those final moments, she learns that the children and everybody at the prison survived. It's a pivotal moment for Rick Grimes. Her death does propel story forward because when you think of it, in spite of her incredibly tumultuous journey she had, the people of Woodbury did escape and reach their sanctuary and none of the people of the prison were killed. After an entire season of seeing Rick's descent into madness and tortured by the ghost of all things past, he heals by that interaction with Andrea. In those final moments, he gets what she's all about and what she's been fighting for. It's an enormous wakeup call for him and allows him to snap out of his state of insanity. The Rick Grimes we've rooted for and have loved since the beginning -- the strong, capable leader who believed in humanity, community and hope -- is back and there's a healing there.

THR: What kind of conversations did you have with Robert Kirkman about killing Andrea and taking such a major detour from the comics? He told us that there was a lot of debate about killing her off.
Holden: I've never had more people rooting for me in my life. The executive producers and the writing staff didn't want it to happen and were cheerleaders for me. It was a difficult decision and a hard decision but at the end of the day, it may have been the right decision. Andrea had three amazing, great seasons and her death wasn't in vain. It's a depressing and dark episode but out of that death emerged a lot of hope and transformation. It was the right ending.

PHOTOS: The 'Dead' and the Red: 'The Walking Dead Cast in Character and on the Red Carpet

THR: The way the scene was filmed when Andrea frees herself, it seemed like it really could have gone either way for her. Was there talk about changing her outcome?
Holden: There were two versions of that that were shot. The first one portrayed her as the ultimate victim and that was not the story that I think needed to be told or that any of us could put our shoulder behind. We went back and did another version -- the final version -- which is much more satisfactory. Andrea went out with grace, dignity and was reunited with people she loved and was able to voice how she felt and what was in her heart. After a tumultuous season, I'm so grateful that she was able to say what needed to be said and share that with her family.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #2338
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So are they really pandering to popular opinion? I wish they wouldn't do that. Except for with Daryl. They must keep Daryl.
Anyone but Daryl!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #2339
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I see the Daryl/Carol relationship as brother/sister. I don't think Daryl is interested in anything romantic with Carol and I wonder...now please don't get mad at me for saying this...but I wonder if he's gay and being a tough country boy from a hard family, he has had to bury that. I don't know...it was just a feeling I got when he rubbed Carol's shoulders and she said 'how romantic' and then said something like 'you fool around much' or something like that...and he seemed embarrassed and awkward and said something like 'not really'. Or it could just be that he looks at her like a sister.

Where do the comics have them going next? Do the comics have Daryl hooking up with anyone? Just curious, but if it's considered a spoiler then don't answer. So, they are straying far from the comics with the TV show?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #2340
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I see the Daryl/Carol relationship as brother/sister. I don't think Daryl is interested in anything romantic with Carol and I wonder...now please don't get mad at me for saying this...but I wonder if he's gay and being a tough country boy from a hard family, he has had to bury that. I don't know...it was just a feeling I got when he rubbed Carol's shoulders and she said 'how romantic' and then said something like 'you fool around much' or something like that...and he seemed embarrassed and awkward and said something like 'not really'. Or it could just be that he looks at her like a sister.

Where do the comics have them going next? Do the comics have Daryl hooking up with anyone? Just curious, but if it's considered a spoiler then don't answer. So, they are straying far from the comics with the TV show?
Daryl is not in the comics.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: