Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #2311
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
I also like Rick and Michonne. That is why I am wary of Karen, I already have all the prison crew paired off in my mind.

Daryl and Carol (I hated Carol season 1 and 2 but she is awesome this season, and the writers have been slowly building these 2 up forever).

Rick and Michonne

Carl and Beth (in a few years)

Glenn and Maggie (obviously)
I was thinking that Karen could end up as an interest for Tyreese. But even if she ends up hooking up with no one (she may be dead by episode 2 of the next season, for all I know), her mere presence could light a fire under some of the other potential hook-ups and get them going!

For example, if Karen starts getting chummy with Rick, maybe Michonne will get annoyed and Rick will notice that annoyance.

If Karen sidles on over to Daryl and giggles at some of his witty one-liners, Carol might finally step up to the plate and get her man!

I don't like Carl, so I don't care who he ends up with!

As for Carol and Daryl - yes, there has been build-up and a kind of 'will they or won't they' tension for a while, but I'm not sure IF they will hook up. I don't picture Carol lasting too much longer on the show, for some reason. Sometimes they flirt (she flirts more with him than he does with her, I think) and sometimes there is more of a motherly vibe from her. Sometimes they just seem like unlikely pals. Let's face it - in the real world, that is a pairing that probably would not happen because they seem to be a mismatch. In the zombie world, people are forced together and end up bonding under bizarre circumstances and things may spring from that.

I heard an interview that Norman Reedus did last year at some point (with GeekTime on Sirius, I think it was??), well before season 3, and he was asked what was going to happen with Daryl and Carol. He said that he didn't know if they would end up together or not, but that IF they did he hoped it would - and I am paraphrasing because I cannot recall the exact quote - not be a good experience. He didn't want it to be perfect and romantic and all of that. He wanted it to be flawed. It almost sounded as if Norman wanted a Daryl/Carol hook-up to be a disaster!

Then again, that was a while ago so Norman may have changed his mind since that interview!

The weird thing is, I never really saw any interest from Andrea towards Shane until....that moment in the car. I didn't think she was interested in Shane, nor he in her (well, we all know where Shane's heart was). But something was sparked when they were out shooting targets, and she suddenly looked at him differently. He, of course, was still hung up on Lori but an opportunity presented itself so he took it.

I think that if Carol just 'pulled an Andrea' and made an overt pass, Daryl might actually recoil and pull away at first because he'd be embarrassed, or because he and Carol have become close friends and he'd be afraid of ruining that. And in some strange way he might not make a pass at Carol because he respects her and cares about her feelings.

So they'd have to get over themselves long enough to get anything done. They have to be put into a situation that gets them alone and away from the gang (like the Shane and Andrea set-up) so they can kind of see where things go, or see if things are not meant to go anywhere.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12

Last edited by Sherry E; 04-02-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #2312
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I love season 2 the best. Season 3 So chaotic...the writers feel as though they have to top the previous season by implementing all sorts of crazy story lines. Is this the way it's gonna be season 4?
Absolutely no clue. I feel like all the 3 seasons so far have had very different feels to them.

No idea which way they'll go with this next one.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #2313
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Carol jokingly asked Daryl if he wanted to hook up, or something like that once already, he got embarrassed
Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #2314
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
As for Carol and Daryl - yes, there has been build-up and a kind of 'will they or won't they' tension for a while, but I'm not sure IF they will hook up. I don't picture Carol lasting too much longer on the show, for some reason. Sometimes they flirt (she flirts more with him than he does with her, I think) and sometimes there is more of a motherly vibe from her. Sometimes they just seem like unlikely pals. Let's face it - in the real world, that is a pairing that probably would not happen because they seem to be a mismatch. In the zombie world, people are forced together and end up bonding under bizarre circumstances and things may spring from that.

So they'd have to get over themselves long enough to get anything done. They have to be put into a situation that gets them alone and away from the gang (like the Shane and Andrea set-up) so they can kind of see where things go, or see if things are not meant to go anywhere.
I am pretty sure that the character of Daryl never had a serious gf. Who knows, maybe he never even had a gf. He didn't have a normal childhood. I am not sure how old he is supposed to be right now.

I agree that Carol or another girl will have to make the first move.

I think some of your comments about him being sensitive to Carol's feelings is probably a major reason he has so many fangirls.

He is bad *** and sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Carol jokingly asked Daryl if he wanted to hook up, or something like that once already, he got embarrassed
Yeah. I am not sure he would even know what to do. But I think he and Carol could work well together, they both have similar abusive pasts so they know where the other came from.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #2315
elgerber

Quote:
I am pretty sure that the character of Daryl never had a serious gf. Who knows, maybe he never even had a gf. He didn't have a normal childhood. I am not sure how old he is supposed to be right now.

I think some of your comments about him being sensitive to Carol's feelings is probably a major reason he has so many fangirls.

Yeah. I am not sure he would even know what to do. But I think he and Carol could work well together, they both have similar abusive pasts so they know where the other came from.
I agree, it would be a very awkward relationship, and probably frustrating at times, but I bet very sweet.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #2316
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Yes! I remember it well. She made the comment (I didn't know if it was DIS-appropriate so I didn't quote it). He got embarrassed. He started to climb down the ladder. She made another comment. He looked at her and snickered. She laughed. That was the end of it.

At the end of that little exchange, I wondered if that was how the writers were addressing the 'will they or won't they' tension the viewers had picked up on. I wondered if we were supposed to come to the conclusion that Carol and Daryl are just pals who can crack jokes like that with each other and flirt a bit, but that it won't go anywhere. Or, it could have been something to sort of break the ice and let Daryl know that Carol was receptive...if he ever decided he was interested.

Rick and Michonne will have to get over themselves too, for anything to happen. They are both so intense and serious. At least Carol is cracking some jokes, and Daryl throws out the one-liners here and there.

I can see the Rick and Michonne 'romance' (if it ever happens) also being sparked by something along the lines of how Shane and Andrea hooked up - where they are trying to outdo each other, or gain the upper hand in an argument or something, and the competition erupts into fiery passion!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 04-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #2317
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I don't know what that was between Andrea and Shane in the car. I think it was a one time deal. Even after it happened I didn't see any interest towards Shane from Andrea.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #2318
elgerber

Quote:
I don't know what that was between Andrea and Shane in the car. I think it was a one time deal. Even after it happened I didn't see any interest towards Shane from Andrea.
I agree. It was a heat of the moment thing, they were both very hyped up and it was purely physical. I don't think there were any emotions involved.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #2319
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

He sure does have a lot of fangirls, doesn't he? I don't think I ever realized it until fairly recently.

I think the abusive past connection is a major thing to bond Carol and Daryl, other than the whole zombie apocalypse thing. But you're right - he may not even know what to do if put in the situation. We don't know that he has any game, really. Carol might have to lead!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #2320
elgerber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
He sure does have a lot of fangirls, doesn't he? I don't think I ever realized it until fairly recently.

I think the abusive past connection is a major thing to bond Carol and Daryl, other than the whole zombie apocalypse thing. But you're right - he may not even know what to do if put in the situation. We don't know that he has any game, really. Carol might have to lead!
She probably doesn't have much game either, I'm sure she had to be very submissive with that pig she was married to, and I would guess they got married fairly young. I just want to see them show some emotion toward each other, it's very obvious it's there!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #2321
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought that was kind of like a 'we were doing intense things and this is a good way to release some of that tension'.

To be honest last season I thought they were setting Andrea and Daryl up.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #2322
elgerber

Quote:
I thought that was kind of like a 'we were doing intense things and this is a good way to release some of that tension'.

To be honest last season I thought they were setting Andrea and Daryl up.
Really? Interesting. I never thought that at any time. Interesting how different people pick up on different things.
My dd pegged Glenn and Maggie from minute 1 LOL.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #2323
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I honestly think they're "toughening up" Carol so that people will see her more as a good match for Daryl.

I do not think Beth and Carl will ever get together, seeing as the actor playing Carl is 13 and the actress playing Beth is 27. I imagine one of them being killed off before that happens!

I think Michonne and Tyreese will probably get together, like in the comics.

I really don't want Rick to be with anyone, yet, as his wife just died. I hope that they're not putting Karen in there to be his love interest. But... she looks like Lori.

Also, season 1 was my favorite, because the horror of what was happening was so new. Now that they're getting used to the world they live in and how to cope with the walkers, it becomes more about the character relationships . . . which I'm not really sure they're very good at. I mean, what was the deal with having Daryl falling apart over Merle one episode, only to have him perfectly fine the next?

Last edited by Ginny Favers; 04-02-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #2324
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I agree. It was a heat of the moment thing, they were both very hyped up and it was purely physical. I don't think there were any emotions involved.
Shane was a male. Any female who made a pass at him probably would have had a shot - including Carol, Maggie or Beth!

The encounter with Shane was adrenaline-fueled on Andrea's part, because she was so excited to discover that she was a good shot and could kill zombies. Plus, Shane had been goading and taunting her to get her to be better, so her physical 'reaction' was almost like saying, "Oh yeah? I'll show you who's boss around here, Mr. Tough Guy!"

Andrea still chose a specific target to make a pass at. It's not like she was making passes at Dale! And she didn't even look twice at T-Dog.

However, later I think it was Rick who asked Andrea if she was close with Shane and she was sort of vague in saying, "We talk." I don't think she would have minded having more fun with Shane (he did tell her that he should have left with her when they had the chance), but I don't think it had gotten to the point of feelings being involved. She barely batted an eyelash when she found out Shane was dead, other than to marvel at the fact that Rick killed him.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #2325
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really? Interesting. I never thought that at any time. Interesting how different people pick up on different things.
My dd pegged Glenn and Maggie from minute 1 LOL.
The first time I thought they might have a connection was when they were searching for Sophia together and Daryl opened up a lot about his past. That was really the first time we heard him talk about his past, so I thought he might have felt a connection to Andrea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
I do not think Beth and Carl will ever get together, seeing as the actor playing Carl is 13 and the actress playing Beth is 27. I imagine one of them being killed off before that happens!

Also, season 1 was my favorite, because the horror of what was happening was so new. Now that they're getting used to the world they live in and how to cope with the walkers, it becomes more about the character relationships . . . which I'm not really sure they're very good at. I mean, what was the deal with having Daryl falling apart over Merle one episode, only to have him perfectly fine the next?
I think in the show Beth is supposed to be 19 or 20. I may be wrong, its happened before It is still a big age gap, but once Carl hits 15 or 16 it probably wouldn't be a problem.

I believe we are going to see Daryl dealing with Merle's death in the beginning of next season. I just don't think he had time to fall apart yet. He made it back to the prison, and at that point Rick probably told him to get packed up because they were hitting the road. Then they had to quickly get some defenses in place. Daryl strikes me as someone who can push aside his emotions until he has time to deal with them.

Or he may just keep them bottled up, which wouldn't surprise me.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: