Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #2296
RC Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
My thoughts:
But I would have shot that boy as well. He had old man Hershel, girl crush Beth, and his baby sister right there. He was the main protector. If I tell a stranger (who is part of an army trying to kill me and my friends) to put his gun down, and not only does he not put the gun down but takes steps towards me, I would have shot him too. You don't take chances with your helpless baby sister right there.
I was very suspicious of the way the kid was trying to hand the shotgun to Carl. It sure looked to me that the kid was going to fire the shotgun rather than hand it over.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #2297
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Let me take the time to thank everyone here for allowing discussion and providing a place to discuss the intricacies of this show, as well as not putting a ban on chat about the show immediately after an episode airs. While it's frowned upon to talk about spoilers before an episode airs, I'm soooo glad that we can freely come here and talk about it as soon as the show has aired and that we don't have to wait.

I was just listening to the Howard Stern Show, and Robin Quivers was eager to talk about TWD finale both yesterday and today. I think she wanted to discuss the Carl plot, based on what she was hinting at. Howard kept trying to shut her up because he said that too many people have complained that she spoils things and reveals plot points. So Howard didn't want to get in a chat about it.

Meanwhile, I feel that people who are diehard fans of the show will either watch it on the night it airs or the next morning, and people want to talk about it while it is current, relevant and newsworthy. They don't want to talk about it in 2 weeks or in 2 months. We want to discuss the show while it is fresh on our minds and currently in the news (TWD finale scored the highest ratings of the series on Sunday, so it is still in the news), and it's a buzzkill to have to wait for other people to catch up.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #2298
skylizard
DIS Veteran

My apologies, I was wrong. It was just one of the woodbury kids we didn't know. I still think Carl did the right thing.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #2299
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Fan View Post
I was very suspicious of the way the kid was trying to hand the shotgun to Carl. It sure looked to me that the kid was going to fire the shotgun rather than hand it over.
I think that was what got him killed. If he'd dropped the gun, maybe Carl wouldn't have shot him. In that pause, that kid looked like he was going to try something stupid, and that's why Carl shot.

The sad part is, that kid was probably as scared as they were, which is probably why he hesitated.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #2300
Oh Hia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
My apologies, I was wrong. It was just one of the woodbury kids we didn't know. I still think Carl did the right thing.
I agree with you. If the kid had dropped the gun immediately and begun backing up, then it would have been a different story. The kid held the gun in the air and continued walking towards the group, that doesn't exactly put a person at ease. Carl did what he had to do to protect the people with him.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #2301
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

I think Carl did the right thing. If he let the boy go, he would run to the others to let them know where they were hiding.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #2302
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I think that was what got him killed. If he'd dropped the gun, maybe Carl wouldn't have shot him. In that pause, that kid looked like he was going to try something stupid, and that's why Carl shot.

The sad part is, that kid was probably as scared as they were, which is probably why he hesitated.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
I think Carl did the right thing. If he let the boy go, he would run to the others to let them know where they were hiding.
And yep!

I was talking to the TV on that one too....telling the kid to drop the gun like Carl said, don't try to hand it to him (if that is what he was really doing).

Next Up:
Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #2303
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Meanwhile, I feel that people who are diehard fans of the show will either watch it on the night it airs or the next morning, and people want to talk about it while it is current, relevant and newsworthy. They don't want to talk about it in 2 weeks or in 2 months. We want to discuss the show while it is fresh on our minds and currently in the news (TWD finale scored the highest ratings of the series on Sunday, so it is still in the news), and it's a buzzkill to have to wait for other people to catch up.
I feel like people shouldn't get angry about discussions on a show immediately following the airing. I read this thread and the OUAT thread on the DISboards, and I know not to open it if I haven't seen the episode yet. Its not hard.

Quote:
I also have a second theory:

Carl sees semi attractive boy closer to Beth's age than he is. Thinks about it for a second, then decides to just solve that problem right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
This is exactly what Carl and Rick were discussing earlier in the episode. Rick let Andrew (one of the prisoners) go, he comes back and gets T Dog and Lori killed. Yeah, Carl could have let him run off, then what? Who gets killed this time?

Its really not even an issue though, the boy didn't drop his weapon and advanced.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #2304
swandiverpatt
DIS Veteran

I avoided most media yesterday to avoid spoilers. Phew!!

Okay, I did not notice Andrea's pedicure but I did make the comment that Andrea obviously could not multi-task. If I was given a tool that would free me from a dying man whom I knew would become a zombie and eat me, I'd be working on that chore instead of yakking.

One question I had: When the governor shot all of his people, then gathered his two people up into his truck -- why didn't they take 3 trucks for the equipment, gas,etc. (Never mind not shooting the governor ...)

I hope they gathered up a lot of supplies from the town because they've brought in a lot of needy people.

I'm hoping they're on the move next season instead of hunkering down in the prison.

And I wouldn't mind a hook-up between Rick and Michonne.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #2305
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Hia View Post
The kid with Tyreese's group was Ben, and he was shot by Merle. It was the episode where Merle was turned into a zombie.

Merle was aiming at the governor and, the moment he fired the gun, Ben stepped in front of the governor and was killed instead.

I don't know who the kid Carl killed was, he didn't look familiar at all.
Yep, I had to look him up because I had never seen him before. It looks like they pulled his character out of thin air for this scene

Actor Tanner Holland
Gender Male
Hair Brown
Age Teens; 16-19
Occupation Unknown
Relations Unknown
First Appearance "Welcome to the Tombs"
Last Appearance "Welcome to the Tombs"
Death Episode "Welcome to the Tombs"
Cause of Death Shot in the head by Carl
Status Dead
Series lifespan "Welcome to the Tombs"
Ethnicity Caucasian-American

Pre-Apocalypse
Nothing is known about Jody's life before the outbreak or as the outbreak began. It is possible that he was a resident at Woodbury before the apocalypse.

Post-Apocalypse
Nothing is known about Jody's life after the outbreak. Except that he had taken shelter in Woodbury and enlisted in The Governor's army to fight Rick's group at the prison.

Killed Victims
This list shows the victims Jody has killed:

Possibly numerous counts of zombies.

Death
Killed By
Carl Grimes
After fleeing the ambush at the prison, he runs into the woods where he comes across Hershel, Beth and Carl. Too slow to drop his gun, Jody is shot by Carl while attempting to surrender. Carl later explains to his father that he killed Jody because he may have come back and killed someone, just like how Rick did not kill Andrew, who later returned and caused the death of T-Dog and Lori.

Next Up:
Old 04-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #2306
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I feel like people shouldn't get angry about discussions on a show immediately following the airing. I read this thread and the OUAT thread on the DISboards, and I know not to open it if I haven't seen the episode yet. Its not hard.

I didn't catch up on this thread until I had seen all the episodes, including the finale. The whole point of this thread is to discuss the show, including current episodes. I don't get how anyone can be mad about that, unless they are dropping a spoiler for a future episode!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #2307
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swandiverpatt View Post

One question I had: When the governor shot all of his people, then gathered his two people up into his truck -- why didn't they take 3 trucks for the equipment, gas,etc. (Never mind not shooting the governor ...)

I hope they gathered up a lot of supplies from the town because they've brought in a lot of needy people.

I'm hoping they're on the move next season instead of hunkering down in the prison.

And I wouldn't mind a hook-up between Rick and Michonne.
I guess when you finally board the crazy train and massacre most of your army you really aren't thinking straight to take the army truck with the heavy artillery.

I hope the prison crew went back and took the army trucks, park the one with the heavy gun in a strategic position and no one will even be able to approach the prison gate.

I also like Rick and Michonne. That is why I am wary of Karen, I already have all the prison crew paired off in my mind.

Daryl and Carol (I hated Carol season 1 and 2 but she is awesome this season, and the writers have been slowly building these 2 up forever).

Rick and Michonne

Carl and Beth (in a few years)

Glenn and Maggie (obviously)
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #2308
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:

I didn't catch up on this thread until I had seen all the episodes, including the finale. The whole point of this thread is to discuss the show, including current episodes. I don't get how anyone can be mad about that, unless they are dropping a spoiler for a future episode!

Agreed, while spoilers are not cool, once it's aired, it's fair game. If I can't watch on time, I avoid this thread like the plague, until I've watched LOL.

I agree, that kid should have put his gun down, but I think it's more Carls attitude that was making him like Shane.

As far as the governer not taking all the trucks, he wouldn't be able to ensure that Martinez and the other guy stay with him, if they were each driving their own trucks. They could just drive away from him.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #2309
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maggie and Glenn: All this episode I winced when they were on screen, kept expecting them to get sniped or bit. I don't think happiness is allowed in the zombie apocalypse.

Season 4: I wonder if we'll do another time jump? They don't seem to like to show winters on this show. If it does a time jump, I hope we see how everyone has made the prison a real home. All the prison yard should be planted with crops, people should make little homes out of the cells and be playing games and reading (prisons gotta have a library). Then the Governor can show up out of nowhere at the mid season finale and cause chaos.
I felt the same about Maggie and Glenn. When he stepped out and took off his helmet as the Woodbury 'army' was fleeing I thought for sure he was going to get picked off.

I hope they don't do another time jump. It would skip over far too much of the human side of the drama, basically taking the whole "basic survival" issue out of play just as they're dealing with the addition of a large number of less than able bodied people to the group and the time of year where survival is most difficult. But I think they will because the nuts and bolts of surviving doesn't exactly make for riveting television.

As far as the Governor goes, when he disappeared my daughter and I both had the same thought - in the comics, after Woodbury/the prison what's left of Rick's group comes into conflict with someone who has essentially built up an army and is running a post-apocalyptic protection racket. If they do another time jump, it wouldn't be difficult to see the Governor re-creating himself in more or less the image of that particular villain, especially with Martinez and his other henchman at his side. It would be a logical evolution of his character, from pretending to be the benevolent leader and trying to rebuild something resembling normal life to openly being the sadistic monster he's revealed himself to be and preying on other survivors who are clinging to humanity/morality.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Old 04-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #2310
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I love season 2 the best. Season 3 So chaotic...the writers feel as though they have to top the previous season by implementing all sorts of crazy story lines. Is this the way it's gonna be season 4?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: