Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #2281
JenM
DIS Veteran

46 Things You'll Only Find Funny if You Watch The Walking Dead:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/thing...e-walking-dead

Daryl is never going to live down that cry face.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #2282
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
46 Things You'll Only Find Funny if You Watch The Walking Dead:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/thing...e-walking-dead

Daryl is never going to live down that cry face.
the cry face is epic!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #2283
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

To quote Dale in Season 1
To Andrea :
"You don't get to do that. Come into somebody's life, make them care, and then just check out." ...

They let her check out.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #2284
JenM
DIS Veteran

Interview with Dallas Roberts (Milton). He explains the original death scene, which sounds a lot more gruesome than what we saw:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/01/th...milton-andrea/

Quote:
EW: Yeah, I know you guys originally shot a much different version of this whole scene. Walk me through how it was originally shot.

ROBERTS: Originally, the beating scene that started the episode wasnít there. Originally, I showed up and was led into the room where Andrea was and I took the tools out Ė the instruments of torture that were laid on the table ó and then he shot me in the stomach, completely unexpectedly. And then I was left to bleed out in the same idea basically ó youíre going to kill her now. There was a lot more of Milton trying to open the door and him trying to free her from the chains. And then there was a section where he was going to wrap the chain around the neck and try to choke her to death before he turned so she wouldnít have to deal with Walker Milton, or Biter Milton, as it were.

And then at the end of that, it was just Tyreese and someone else who found her. Rick and Daryl and Michonne werenít there. So it was essentially the same idea, except you saw me taking chunks out of Laurie Holden in that version. And then they called us back a few months later to reshoot it and made all those changes. So now youíre not sure if Iíve gotten her until after that door opens, and I think thatís probably why they did it.

EW: So they actually shot the scene of you as a zombie biting into her?

ROBERTS: Yeah. Itís funny, in the articles and on Talking Dead last night, youíll notice stills of Milton where he has glasses on [Ed Note: See picture above!]. They are from the scenes that we shot and werenít aired. Because Milton gets his glasses knocked off and never has glasses in the interrogation scene in this finale. But Iíve seen a lot of pictures where Milton has blood on his mouth and glasses on that were from that first shooting.

EW: So tell me about the part where you were trying to strangle her.

ROBERTS: They both desperately wanted for that to work but at that point he had bled out so much. So he pulls and pulls and pulls but he doesnít get it done and he falls against the wall and is passed out. And he never comes back from that until he turns into a walker.

EW: When you came back to do the reshoot, was that after Glen Mazzara had moved off the show?

ROBERTS: Yes, it was after he and AMC had decided to part, but he was still theoretically in charge of the back half of the season. I didnít see him there. I donít know if we was in L.A. pulling those strings. Scott Gimple, who ended up taking the showrunner position, was there, so some of those changes may have come from him.
Hope it's included on the DVD.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #2285
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
To quote Dale in Season 1
To Andrea :
"You don't get to do that. Come into somebody's life, make them care, and then just check out." ...

They let her check out.
I like this! I feel like they let a lot of things "check out"....like the whole season. I hated what happened to Andrea's character, she was fine in the original group.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #2286
skylizard
DIS Veteran

As far as season finales go, I thought this one was poorly done. They seemed to rush thru the episode, jumping around quite a bit. Why didn't they just make it a 90 minute or 2 hour episode? Surely they had more than enough to fill in for that
I was actually hoping Merle and Andrea wouldn't be killed off. Why do they need to keep killing off characters? Unless they bring in some new ones, there's hardly going to be anyone left. I know they brought in the rest of the Woodbury residents, but they're just seniors and children. I doubt there'd be much of a story line there.
And I was annoyed that they let the governor live. I guess they need to keep him alive for a future episode.
Even though I wasn't happy with the finale, I'll still be watching next season
Old 04-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #2287
jgh
Peter Pan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
Yeah, Milton gave me that creepy vibe too.
Since we are talking about TWD & LOST similarities, the opening scene w/the Gov's eye is totally LOST.
I actually mentioned that when the finale started on Sunday.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #2288
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
I know they brought in the rest of the Woodbury residents, but they're just seniors and children. I doubt there'd be much of a story line there.
Considering where they seem to be going with Carl, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Woodbury resident in that group who was related to the kid he shot. Maybe a little brother or sister, or a grandparent who depended on that kid. Might be a nice-wakeup call for Carl, to understand that there are consequences for the choices he makes.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #2289
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
Yeah, Milton gave me that creepy vibe too.
Since we are talking about TWD & LOST similarities, the opening scene w/the Gov's eye is totally LOST.
The eye was also similar to the first shot of Season 3, which zoomed out from a walker's eye.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #2290
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

My thoughts:

Carl: I get the direction they want us to think he is going and that is fine. But I would have shot that boy as well. He had old man Hershel, girl crush Beth, and his baby sister right there. He was the main protector. If I tell a stranger (who is part of an army trying to kill me and my friends) to put his gun down, and not only does he not put the gun down but takes steps towards me, I would have shot him too. You don't take chances with your helpless baby sister right there.

Andrea: I was ok with her death. Wish Milton would have lived, I think he is an interesting character that we don't really have anyone else like.

Maggie and Glenn: All this episode I winced when they were on screen, kept expecting them to get sniped or bit. I don't think happiness is allowed in the zombie apocalypse.

Governor: I'm ok with him surviving. I think he can be useful to the plot next season.

Karen: wasn't that her son that Carl shot? Better not let her know. Also I really hope she isn't an automatic love interest.

Season 4: I wonder if we'll do another time jump? They don't seem to like to show winters on this show. If it does a time jump, I hope we see how everyone has made the prison a real home. All the prison yard should be planted with crops, people should make little homes out of the cells and be playing games and reading (prisons gotta have a library). Then the Governor can show up out of nowhere at the mid season finale and cause chaos.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #2291
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Karen: wasn't that her son that Carl shot? Better not let her know. Also I really hope she isn't an automatic love interest.
It wasn't. That kid was part of the group that found them in the prison. Remember they were running from the zombies and found a breach in the back part of the prison. Tyreese and Sasha were part of that group. The kid, his dad and mom(?) were the rest. But the mom got bit by a zombie and ended up being put down in the prison. So it was just the kid, dad, Tyreese and Sasha that made it into the prison when Carl found them and led them in. Tyreese and Sasha wanted to stay in the prison and help out, whereas the dad and kid just want to kill everyone in the prison and take it for themselves. So the kid was bad news to begin with and most likely would've shot Carl, Hershel, Beth and baby.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #2292
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It wasn't. That kid was part of the group that found them in the prison. Remember they were running from the zombies and found a breach in the back part of the prison. Tyreese and Sasha were part of that group. The kid, his dad and mom(?) were the rest. But the mom got bit by a zombie and ended up being put down in the prison. So it was just the kid, dad, Tyreese and Sasha that made it into the prison when Carl found them and led them in. Tyreese and Sasha wanted to stay in the prison and help out, whereas the dad and kid just want to kill everyone in the prison and take it for themselves. So the kid was bad news to begin with and most likely would've shot Carl, Hershel, Beth and baby.
I thought that kid (Ben) was the one who Merle shot who got in front of the governor.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #2293
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
That kid was killed by Merle I thought, the week before?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #2294
Oh Hia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The kid with Tyreese's group was Ben, and he was shot by Merle. It was the episode where Merle was turned into a zombie.

Merle was aiming at the governor and, the moment he fired the gun, Ben stepped in front of the governor and was killed instead.

I don't know who the kid Carl killed was, he didn't look familiar at all.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #2295
JenM
DIS Veteran

Yep, Ben was the kid from Tyrese's group, and he was shot by Merle.

There was a kid a named Noah in the Governor's army, who was asthmatic, but that wasn't the kid Carl shot either. I think the Talking Dead's "In Memorium" sketch said the kid's name was Jody.

I just re-watched the episode where the Governor was putting together his army. According to Milton, they had 20 volunteers, including one with arthritis and another with hearing problems (the Governor excused the old woman with arthritis). After he made them add in the teenagers over 13, their total came to 35 - including the asthmatic Noah.

No wonder they ran.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: