Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #2251
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Leaving one scene out is one thing, but I felt that there were several highly relevant scenes cut out that could have warranted a 2-hour finale, or at least 90 minutes.
Still wish they'd left this in the season premiere.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #2252
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
So, I got all caught up and watched last night's season finale today. I was wondering why they didn't just all go and stay at Woodbury...why the prison? Woodbury seemed safe and it was nice and almost normal. I thought the finale was pretty good.
It seems crazy, but I would imagine the prison would be safer at this point. The people the Governor took with them were the same people who guarded the barricades of the town, and they're gone now along with the weapons. They don't have their 'army' anymore.

The prison has the walls, and the better means to fortify themselves against walkers, which remains the everyday threat. For now, it works.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #2253
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Here's a really good clip from the Season Finale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNbjk...11A261&index=1

There are a few small bits with the actors about their characters.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #2254
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

OKAY one thing that isn't making sense to me is about two episodes ago Michonne and Andrea were sitting around the woods and she looked like she just came to and Andrea says how did you find me. Where does that fit in.

I thought it was going to make sense when they found her.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #2255
JenM
DIS Veteran

If anyone missed Talking Dead last night, here's the creepy yet hilarious phone bomb they got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=XF6mnuWewY8
Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #2256
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mickey View Post
OKAY one thing that isn't making sense to me is about two episodes ago Michonne and Andrea were sitting around the woods and she looked like she just came to and Andrea says how did you find me. Where does that fit in.

That was supposed to be either like a flashback or reminiscing by one of when they met. I remember the scene, I just don't remember who was remembering it.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #2257
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mickey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
That was supposed to be either like a flashback or reminiscing by one of when they met. I remember the scene, I just don't remember who was remembering it.
About that scene...that was while those 2 were out on their own (the 8 months Andrea was split from her group after they left the farm). Am I correct in assuming that Michonne was assaulted (edited what I really think those 2 did to her...since this is the Disboards) by those two pet walkers (when they were live humans)? That's what I have gathered by some bits and pieces here and there...which would explain her distrust in men and her being so mysterious and private.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #2258
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Quote:
About that scene...that was while those 2 were out on their own (the 8 months Andrea was split from her group after they left the farm). Am I correct in assuming that Michonne was assaulted (edited what I really think those 2 did to her...since this is the Disboards) by those two pet walkers (when they were live humans)? That's what I have gathered by some bits and pieces here and there...which would explain her distrust in men and her being so mysterious and private.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
Thank you, I went to rewatch it and someone erased that episode
Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #2259
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Well, I was underwhelmed by last night's epi, but not totally disappointed. I am glad Daryl & Michonne are fine, but I did think there would be other deaths. I figured Milton & was hoping Andrea.
Andrea did drive me crazy too w/how she kept stopping to chat. I kept yelling at her & then I said "now she'll drop the pliers" & sure enough. That & her pedicure reminded me of why I won't miss her. DH wanted Milton to turn & eat her, so he was happy. I did think her death scene was nicely done, getting to say goodbye to Rick, taking her own life w/Michonne next to her.
I was surprised about Gov's mass killing of his own group & kept yelling at Martinez to shoot him. I did like that Karen survived & now Woodbury people are joined w/them.
Carl reaction to Rick bringing back those people was priceless.
Rick is normal again & now his focus will be on Carl. Dh says Carl is his favorite character, but to me he has lost his humanity.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 58 out of 85
Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #2260
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

I have to say I agree with other posters that have said they glossed over too much. It seemed kind of rushed and then anti-climactic. I enjoyed it, just wished there weren't so many "holes". It's such a popular show and lord knows they sold a million commercial slots to air during the show....why couldn't they have made it a 2 hour season finale??
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #2261
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
I have to say I agree with other posters that have said they glossed over too much. It seemed kind of rushed and then anti-climactic. I enjoyed it, just wished there weren't so many "holes". It's such a popular show and lord knows they sold a million commercial slots to air during the show....why couldn't they have made it a 2 hour season finale??
I totally agree. I wish we could have seen more at the massacre sight and at Woodburry, some kind of speech or something that would bring all of the townspeople around. I feel like Andrea's death was just...eh. The whole episode waiting, waiting and waiting for Milton to turn and then the whole scene happened behind the door. I too enjoyed it but I also wish it would have been two hours.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #2262
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

Maybe Woodbury had a nail salon
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #2263
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
....I do not like Carl, he grates me like Shane did. I think he's turning into a Shane. That caller on the 'Talking Dead' who asked if they thought Carl was more impressed by Shane than his dad...I think that's the case. There will be some problems with him and I wouldn't mind him being gone early on in Season 4.

...I also saw a spark with Rick and Michonne though too.
I totally agree about Carl and about Shane! Sooooo grating! Carl just gets on my last nerve every time he is onscreen, and I feel like he is going to start taking matters into his own hands and killing whomever he chooses when he decides it is warranted.

And Shane - aside from the fact that he was a loose cannon, what was up with his accent? He had an accent like none I've ever heard. It didn't sound pleasing and smooth like anyone else's accent on that show. It was almost incoherent at times! For example, instead of saying something like, "Hey, Rick..." Shane would say,"Hey, Ri..." He'd leave off the last two letters so it was only half a name! It was the strangest thing.

There's definitely a spark between Rick and Michonne. It first showed itself when they were coming back from their mission to get the crib and all of that, and Rick let her drive the car. I thought he had messed things up when he considered handing her over to the Governor, and that she would not get past it. But she forgave him and seemed to understand, and that spark appeared again last night.

At first I got the feeling that Michonne just hated men in general for whatever had been done to her in the past. She seemed like she was totally hostile and mistrusting of men. She even got mad when Hershel was trying to patch up her leg or whatever it was when she first got to the prison. So I didn't think she was even an option (romantically) for any of the men.

Now, of course, Rick and Michonne seem to be forming some sort of friendship and partnership. Plus, she isn't weak and cowering. She can kick butt, and I think he likes that. If nothing else, he needs her in his group for her battle skills. (But I'm hoping they decide that they need each other as people too, and not just as co-warriors!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Still wish they'd left this in the season premiere.

That would have been so fun! Imagine Michonne with one of those things! She could do some serious damage!

Quote:
I was assuming the same thing (about Michonne and what happened to her). I was wondering if it was ever going to be revealed or if we are just supposed to read between the lines (or read between the pets!), but I think that's what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuO View Post
I totally agree. I wish we could have seen more at the massacre sight and at Woodburry, some kind of speech or something that would bring all of the townspeople around. I feel like Andrea's death was just...eh. The whole episode waiting, waiting and waiting for Milton to turn and then the whole scene happened behind the door. I too enjoyed it but I also wish it would have been two hours.
I think that if ever there was an episode that needed to be 90 minutes or 2 hours, it was this one.

Yes, all of that 'will Andrea free herself before Milton turns' tension came to a conclusion...behind the door, as you said!

I could see maybe leaving the door closed and keeping us in suspense if Andrea survived in the end. Rick and Daryl could see the blood flowing under the door, open it and assume the worst, only to find Andrea alive but shaken up (and not bitten). But because she was bitten and had to die anyway, why didn't they just let the viewers see some of it? We saw a good portion of T-Dog's demise. We saw Dale go down. We saw Shane get killed. It was odd that we didn't get to see Andrea actually get bitten, or see her take out Milton.

Am I the only one who got a "Ben Linus from Lost" vibe from Milton? Ben and Milton had the same creepy, nerdy vibe about them.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #2264
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

Quote:
In the comics, I believe it was explained that her "pets" were her former boyfriend and her best friend. They never delved into their backstory on the show, as Michonne didn't want to talk about it in that scene with Andrea. Whether they'll go back and recount later is another story.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #2265
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
In the comics, I believe it was explained that her "pets" were her former boyfriend and her best friend. They never delved into their backstory on the show, as Michonne didn't want to talk about it in that scene with Andrea. Whether they'll go back and recount later is another story.
I thought the comics said it was her brother and father? Maybe I'm mistaken..

I thought the epi was okay - commercials killed me!!! Should have been 90 min at least.

Knew Andrea would drop those pliers ... Had a feeling Milton was going to turn and die. Governor really lost it huh? Wonder what will happen to him next season.

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: