Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #2131
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing Herschel or Carol will go. I agree, as long as it's not Daryl, I'm good.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 03-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #2132
ariel71
For all my luck, the Google car would drive by right then, and when I want to sell my house next year, all people would see is a yard full of flamingos when they Google the address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Love the show, but I do find it interesting how every nook and cranky is stuffed with zombies! Is the entire population if North America herding to Georgia? And how are they all in dresses and suits. Why not more zombies in sweats or pjs? Lol. The woods are covered with zombies! Look how many Merle was able to attract with some Motörhead!
Apparently there were also no children in Atlanta The only zombie children I specifically remember are the blond girl in the pilot and Sophia. Maybe it's a censor/rating thing.

I enjoyed this article -
http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel...,7561962.story
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #2133
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I've already gone on record as saying that I think those Hershel-Glenn and Glenn-Maggie scenes were put there for a reason in last Sunday's episode (to get us to care even more about all 3 of them before an inevitable death happens), and that I think Hershel could likely be the next big character to go. But it could be Glenn too -- although he is such a major character in the show and such an important part of the group that I don't know if it's Glenn's time just yet.

I kind of think that Carol is on her way out soon, but I don't think it will be yet. Daryl just lost Merle, after all. He can't shoulder that much grief in such a short time frame - at least not by TV standards!!

The tricky thing about this show is that it is not entirely predictable, especially in terms of timing. Yes, there are certain events we can predict will happen -- we know the Governor will die at some point, for example -- but we don't know when. I figured that Merle would die sooner or later because he was too much of a wild card and could never be entirely trusted, but until I read the spoiler for last Sunday's show I didn't know he would be gone just yet. In fact, I thought Merle would become an even better, more decent person before he got killed. I didn't think he had really had a complete turnaround yet. So the fact that he got killed sooner than I expected surprised me!

So, to that end, this show is hard to guess at because just when we think someone will die soon, they stick around for a while (I thought Hershel would have been gone back at the farm, and he's still hanging in there). And if we think the person will stick around for a while (I thought we would be annoyed by Lori for many seasons to come), they die soon!! Sooner or later TWD will kill off someone that many folks don't expect to get killed at all -- like Rick or Carl -- and completely throw us for a loop!

This will sound very strange to say, and I hope it makes sense, but TWD is actually the one and only show where I probably do not mind if a character I like gets killed off! In every other show I watch I would hate it if all of the people I liked left early. Somehow, though, I think a huge strength of TWD is the fact that it is fearless in killing off major characters -- at random times in the season when we don't expect it. Way too many other shows back down, or they bring the characters to the point of certain doom and then save them at the last minute.

This show does not do that. TWD is not afraid to kill off the major players, one by one, and I have to say I LOVE that aspect of it because it keeps me interested and keeps me involved, as I never know who is getting killed at any given moment. Anyone -- even Rick -- could literally go at any time, and if it is someone we don't expect to go it is shocking and effective. I didn't think that Shane would be killed in the episode right after the one in which Dale got killed, for example - I thought Shane would 'get his' in another season so that we didn't lose 2 big characters so close together!

If TWD starts becoming predictable, or almost killing characters on the show and then saving them at the last second -- I will think they are selling out and becoming like every other show. So, even though I will shed tears and be very affected, I will forgive them if they kill off characters I like because it fits with the way the show has been laid out for us thus far. Killing off the people I like will make it much more gripping and moving for me, I think.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 03-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #2134
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Did not read this thread because I am just watching this series via the marathon that's been going on and I have only just finished season 2. But my question is...why, oh, why did Carl's parents let him wander around that farm and why are they letting him carry a gun? He's 10.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #2135
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Did not read this thread because I am just watching this series via the marathon that's been going on and I have only just finished season 2. But my question is...why, oh, why did Carl's parents let him wander around that farm and why are they letting him carry a gun? He's 10.
Carl has turned out to be one of the best shots. We always joke that Carl can take care of whatever happens.

As for why he wandered around so much, that is a good question. Rick seemed busy and Lori was wacky but still...
Old 03-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #2136
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Carl has turned out to be one of the best shots. We always joke that Carl can take care of whatever happens.

As for why he wandered around so much, that is a good question. Rick seemed busy and Lori was wacky but still...
Don't forget the t-shirt that said "Carl get in the house"

I am thinking we may loose Maggie, the Governor and Darryl
because every character has pretty much been on the Talking Dead before or the night they have died. I think they had the previous characters on and are saving Darryls guest apprearance for the finale.
You certainly wouldn't be able to have 3 characters on the same night.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #2137
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I think there are going to be a WHOOOOOOOOOOLE lot of people saying goodbye tomorrow. As long as the Governor is one of them, I'm okay with that. I think Andrea is going, maybe Hershel and his other daughter (not Maggie) and Carol. Milton likely. The father/son team who are always arguing with Tyrese and Tyrese's wife.

Then I think they'll leave the prison with Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, the baby, Michonne and Tyrese (I just think Tyrese is somehow going to end up with the group). Maybe they'll head north hoping the cold weather slows the walkers down, or they'll head south hoping that warmer weather will make survival easier.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #2138
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
why, oh, why did Carl's parents let him wander around that farm
Because Lori was the worst mother in the world and we were all glad to see her go! Every episode we were screaming at her to watch Carl, but she was too busy with herself...dingbat!

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
Old 03-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #2139
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I know this won't happen (unfortunately), but I would not be upset to see Carl go. That kid has bugged me from Day 1 (like mother, like son)! If not for his zombie-rock throwing shenanigans, Dale might have survived a little longer! I would have much rather seen Carl go than to see Dale go.

And that stupid hat! I am soooooo over that hat already. You're not your dad, Carl. You're not the Lone Ranger. You're not John Wayne. Get that hat off of your head!

Even though Carl is a good shot and is proving to be handy with a gun, he gets on my nerves every time he is onscreen. But, alas, Carl will stick around for a while -- probably forever, just to torment me. He will most likely outlive his dad.

Isn't tomorrow's show called "Welcome to the Tombs" or something like that? Assuming that someone utters that sentence in the show at some point, I wonder who is being "welcomed"? Maybe the Governor will be thrown in the tombs and left in a cell with walkers. Maybe Milton, Tyrese's people or Andrea move in to the tombs (even though I still don't picture Andrea living in the prison) after the war is over.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 03-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #2140
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel71 View Post
Apparently there were also no children in Atlanta The only zombie children I specifically remember are the blond girl in the pilot and Sophia. Maybe it's a censor/rating thing.

I enjoyed this article -
http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel...,7561962.story
Well considering we're supposed to believe that one zombie completely ate Lori....then my assumption is that children are so small they are completely eaten not left as zombies.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #2141
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I'm guessing Herschel or Carol will go. I agree, as long as it's not Daryl, I'm good.
No way. Carol can't go yet.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #2142
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I think there are going to be a WHOOOOOOOOOOLE lot of people saying goodbye tomorrow. As long as the Governor is one of them, I'm okay with that. I think Andrea is going, maybe Hershel and his other daughter (not Maggie) and Carol. Milton likely. The father/son team who are always arguing with Tyrese and Tyrese's wife.

Then I think they'll leave the prison with Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, the baby, Michonne and Tyrese (I just think Tyrese is somehow going to end up with the group). Maybe they'll head north hoping the cold weather slows the walkers down, or they'll head south hoping that warmer weather will make survival easier.
The son of the father son team was shot and taken out last week.

How many can they kill off before there are too few left? Already upset about tomorrows season finale.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #2143
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsmum1998 View Post
Don't forget the t-shirt that said "Carl get in the house"

I am thinking we may loose Maggie, the Governor and Darryl
because every character has pretty much been on the Talking Dead before or the night they have died. I think they had the previous characters on and are saving Darryls guest apprearance for the finale.
You certainly wouldn't be able to have 3 characters on the same night.
That's crazy talk. I'll give your the governor cause he HAS to go!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #2144
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

well i am hoping Andrea goes and the governer...........

but my guesses are Sasha ( cause shes on once upon a time now).....hershel ( though i love him i think way too much foreshadowing and there is already 3 alive greene family members)...................

Carol .... Daryl and Rick are my favs so i hope they make it................

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited by njcarita; 03-30-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #2145
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
No way. Carol can't go yet.
i agree................

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: