Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #196
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_Passenger View Post
I remember the end of Season 1 of True Blood, and thinking how quickly they jumped off the books. Going so far as to keep a character that died in the first book. And it has just digressed further from there.
lol Yes. I've said many times that I would like to TIE UP Mr. ALAN BALL and read the books to him. Remind him that he didn't create these characters or this world so he could honor it a LITTLE more closely. I like the things he has added but holy he just keeps killing off characters left and right who are in the books up to and beyond the 8th book!

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #197
Alsobrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_Passenger View Post
Comic fan?
Nope. I just suspect that there's something like that going on.... no guns allowed, a little bit of secrecy, the reactions at the well, and the religious talk towards the horizon.

I think he's hiding zombies.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #198
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
I haven't read the comics. Are they old editions or something current?
They started in 2003 and are on going. Robert Kirkman has said he will keep writing the comics as long as he can. He is up to 90 issues already!

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #199
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I do wish that they would find the girl but I think that a story like this needs a fairly slow buildup. Character development matters here - I just wish that they weren't making most of the women so annoying. Only the vet's daughter has any hope of being likable.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #200
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsobrook View Post
Nope. I just suspect that there's something like that going on.... no guns allowed, a little bit of secrecy, the reactions at the well, and the religious talk towards the horizon.

I think he's hiding zombies.
I agree. There were way too many clues last night not to at least suspect something going on.

Here is another thing. I might be thinking too much into this, but while the inquiry was subtle, it could be another clue. I am wondering if the doc is doing drug experimentation on what we believe are zombies in the barn. The young woman who went to the pharmacy with Glenn asked earlier if there were anymore antibiotics, etc. The replay was no. The doc is a veterinarian and I would assume he has his own clinic, where he would have a supply of medication. Many of the medications given to animals are human drugs. Has he cleaned out his supply? They keep making trips to this pharmacy, which I find odd, since if I knew the end of the world was near, I would have used my truck and wiped out the entire store, but anyway, what drugs are they getting from that pharmacy? If they have zombies, maybe doc is doing a steroid/antibiotic coctail to slow the process of decay, thus needing so many drugs. While you could assume the young woman was inquiring about antibiotic supply for Carl and T-Dog, maybe she was not.

Also, the young woman with Glenn in the pharmacy. They were very calm in that entire scene, especially Glenn. He has had the worst experiences with zombies and they just ride on horses into an abandoned town, leave the bait, I mean horses right outside the pharmacy. They leave the front door to the pharmacy unlocked while they wander around looking for supplies. Really? Something about that scene just was not right. Forget about the fact they are comfortable enough to have sex in such a casual way. I would be worried about a herd of those things traveling through town.

Then we have Sophia, who we believe has been hiding in the food pantry of that abandoned house. Daryl finds the can of freshly eaten sardines in the trash. Of all the food in the pantry, a little girl is going to choose sardines? Perhaps it is because it was the easiest item to open, but just a funny observation. At that age I would have gnawed through a can of something else to avoid eating a can of oily fish.

I assume the toilet is working in the farmhouse. Why didn't Lori just use that bathroom. It has a lock and could provide privacy for the pregnancy test. She could dispose of the test the way she smuggled it into the house earlier.....under her shirt.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #201
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

We wondered why Lori used the test outside too. That seemed very odd.

I also wondered about the horses. I would have left someone outside to watch and I would have hurried. They could have had their little tryst somewhere on the farm.

We love the show but there are plot holes you could drive a Mack truck through.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #202
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post

We love the show but there are plot holes you could drive a Mack truck through.
T-Dog's arm was gashed open and seemingly infected and he had fresh stitches, which is a plot hole, since any doc, including a vet, will tell you it is asking for trouble to close up an infected wound. But anyway, he has this freshly stitched, infected arm and has the ability to pull on the rope to save Glenn from becoming lunch in the well.

They were worried about shooting that zombie in the well to avoid contaminating the water. Would anyone else want to drink that water with the zombie swirling around in it? Just look at those zombies. They are open infection city. Just having one touch me would freak me out. I can't imagine drinking a glass of water if I knew a zombie stuck his finger in it, much less took a bath in it. YUCK. I would check the well supplying the house and make sure the cover is secure.

Daryl seems to have the right approach. How about holler for Sophia. Might be more effective. True, could attract more zombies, but not like they are getting anywhere walking around. They are already having conversations, which can attract zombies, so talking louder won't hurt anything. I saw a preview for next week. Poor Daryl. I will stop watching if they do something to his character.

Finally! The cop uniform comes off.

I hope Sophia doesn't have a learning disability. It would be a bad time to have reading comprehension problems.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #203
Alsobrook
DIS Veteran

I never worry too much about plot details like bathroom vs. outside. I make the assumption that it's for production reasons and dramatic effect. Outside, by herself, kind of all alone in this world with her secret sort of thing. If she's in the bathroom, then they have to get cameras in there, and she has to compose herself when she comes out and you get the typical, can she pull it off facial expression. Outside makes her seem more "alone" and gives her the time to freak and cry, and there's something more rustic and dirty about doing it out there.

As for the tryst in the pharmacy, I suspect that became a necessary production point too.

We're going to have to start losing some characters soon or having the band of people split up. So now we have a little get together that probably predicts some things coming up.

By the way, I'm with you on the testing stuff on Zombies. Wouldn't surprise me if that was going on....
Old 11-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #204
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsobrook View Post

As for the tryst in the pharmacy, I suspect that became a necessary production point too.
Yeah, the importance of using protection and not getting pregnant when you are having sex during a major disaster when no adequate medical facilities are available.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #205
Alsobrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysMoving View Post
Yeah, the importance of using protection and not getting pregnant when you are having sex during a major disaster when no adequate medical facilities are available.
Well.... DUH!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #206
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

My mom brought this to my attention and I am clueless. Go back to Season 2, episode 2 right after Carl was shot and Rick carried him to the farm house. As Rick approached the house, he was met by all the inhabitants on the porch. Aside from Otis (running behind him), was Patricia, Maggie, and Doc, there were 2 other people.....a younger woman with long blonde hair in a low ponytail and a younger man with short black hair. Where are these 2 unidentified people in Sunday night's episode? Who are they?

Last edited by AlwaysMoving; 11-08-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #207
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

So what did everyone think about tonight's episode?
Old 11-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #208
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

I expected the girl to push Glen into the walkers to keep him quiet. Thought it was going to happen after the commercials but looked at the clock and realized the episode was over. I haven't enjoyed a series this much in a while. Each episode seems like it's over in about ten minutes

What was written on the note she passed at the table? I was sitting far enough back from the TV that I couldn't make it out. At first I thought maybe it said "Meet me in the barn", since that's where Glen went, but I guess it wasn't that if they wanted to keep outsiders away from there.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #209
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

"Ever done it in a hayloft?".
Old 11-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #210
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
"Ever done it in a hayloft?".