Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #181
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysMoving View Post
They are busy burying bones.

just relax Mun :wooho
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #182
Disney1fan2002
Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to find like another Val fer sure! ;)
Please don't anyone report this thread, it has the potential to get real good
He just comes across as a pompous donkey

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Scrap View Post
Funny, I thought the same thing about the bread. LOL

Also, getting back to the earlier conversation about this farm being zombie-free, I am picturing this farm-type fence - I have a hard time believing that would hold back the zombies but tall brick walls like some mansions have wouldn't. Therefore, I believe there should be mansions full of living people throughout the country. I would like to see the group stumble upon a mansion full of people holed up together.

And I still wanna know where all the stinkin' dogs are!
Dogs, cats, raccoons, squirrels???

I think there should be 100's of thousands of people still alive in the US. We see a city...but think of rural areas, rural STATES where houses are few and far between. Out in Western MA where my sister lives, you might see a house every 2 miles. These people should still be alive.

Can I just ask, are they ever going to tell us what the virus is? Where it came from? Or do we know this and I somehow missed it?

Carol is pissing me off....she really is. If you want your daughter back, get your butt out there and FIND HER!!!! Crying yourself to sleep until everyone else around you can't stand to listen to your grief gets them out and looking, and you just hang out in the camper.....WTH? Just like when she first ran off, she was being chased by two zombies and you just stand at the guard rail crying, while Rick is the one to actually take chase. WHat mother would just stand there as her 12yo daughter was being chased by Zombies.

The writers of this show must not have a mother on their team. They don't get that a mother will move heaven and earth to get their baby back, not curl up in a ball and cry and blame everyone else for her being gone.
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #183
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney1fan2002 View Post
Dogs, cats, raccoons, squirrels???

I think there should be 100's of thousands of people still alive in the US. We see a city...but think of rural areas, rural STATES where houses are few and far between. Out in Western MA where my sister lives, you might see a house every 2 miles. These people should still be alive.

Can I just ask, are they ever going to tell us what the virus is? Where it came from? Or do we know this and I somehow missed it?

Carol is pissing me off....she really is. If you want your daughter back, get your butt out there and FIND HER!!!! Crying yourself to sleep until everyone else around you can't stand to listen to your grief gets them out and looking, and you just hang out in the camper.....WTH? Just like when she first ran off, she was being chased by two zombies and you just stand at the guard rail crying, while Rick is the one to actually take chase. WHat mother would just stand there as her 12yo daughter was being chasa ed by Zombies.

The writers of this show must not have a mother on their team. They don't get that a mother will move heaven and earth to get their baby back, not curl up in a ball and cry and blame everyone else for her being gone.
We don't know the origin of the virus. The guy at the CDC never said, either because he did not know, or he wouldn't say. We know it is global, because he said he lost contact with scientists in other countries.

As far as Carol, she is an extremely weak individual. You have to remember when she was first introduced, her husband was beating her. I think it was Daryl or Shane who beat the crap out of him to let him know what it is like to be beaten. When he was getting the beating, Carol sided with her husband. Typical beaten wife response to protect her abuser. I think that ties in with how she is reacting now that her daughter is missing. She is a weak person who really doesn't know what to do because her husband never allowed her to handle situations. It is almost like she is waiting for someone to tell her or give her permission to go look for her daughter. I agree that I, as a mother, would be out there looking for my daughter, especially the moment she ran away. I wouldn't care if I attracted zombies, I would be out there calling her name.

My mother and I always have phone conversations about the most recent episode once it is done. We both commented how the adults in this series are way too lax when it comes to the children. The children are allowed to walk away as long as they "don't go too far". Sorry, but if I had seen zombies seemingly dead suddenly wake up and come after me, I would not allow my child to go searching through a traffic jam of cars where one of those things could be resting. It was really no surprise that something happened to one of the children.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #184
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not having one would be worse. Lori hasn't given that a thought, has she? Can't imagine anything worse than being in labor and spotting a herd in a distance. "Get under the car Lori. Be quiet".
AHA! I knew it! Just a matter of time and now she doesn't know who the father is, but we all have a pretty good idea of who it is.

I had a creey feeling about the vet at the farm house when I saw the previews last week for this week's episode, but now I am really not getting a fuzzy feeling about that man. What is he hiding? Anyone want to guess?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #185
Alsobrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What is he hiding? Anyone want to guess?
Zombies.

He's hiding Zombies.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #186
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I've watched since day one, but it's moving so slow this season that I'm starting to lose interest. DVRing is a must...I fast forward through a lot of stuff.

This is a very odd show. One of the few where the characters get more stereotypical and less complex.

Find Sophia for goodness sake! Dead, alive, in pieces...I don't care! All these people just sitting around. Makes so little sense.

The pregnancy test....please! Who would ask for a specific brand of pregnancy test? What if the store didn't carry that brand? That was just lazy writing.

The women are such whiney nags. "Teach me how to use a gun, Shane."...."I don't want you to leave now, Shane." Yuck

Truthfully the only character that still holds my interest is Daryl.

I agree with a PP...the doctor is taking care of zombie kinfolk, hoping for a cure. He is hiding them in the barn. That's why he doesn't want them near it. Plus his daughter needed to get the horses. They are hiding zombie Mama in the barn.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #187
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
I agree with a PP...the doctor is taking care of zombie kinfolk, hoping for a cure. He is hiding them in the barn. That's why he doesn't want them near it. Plus his daughter needed to get the horses. They are hiding zombie Mama in the barn.
I was wondering, after watching the reaction of the younger woman at the well, if maybe the zombie in the well was a family member. Then, when Glenn was trying to talk to her about it while riding to the pharmacy, she acted like she did not want to talk about it. He took it as her not being use to having many wander onto the farm, but I am sure, as you all say, they are holding zombies. It would only make sense that this is why the vet won't let any of them have guns.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #188
princessluvsapirate
Mouseketeer

My husband got me hooked on this show and Its not my type of show but I luv sunday nights .
Old 11-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #189
Aisling
Where your mind goes, your behind follows
I wear as little as decently possible, so I'd end up being the town hoochie if I lived in Walnut Grove

VERY interesting theory!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #190
Toad_Passenger
Wild Ride Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsobrook View Post
Zombies.

He's hiding Zombies.
Comic fan?

My WDW visits:
Ft. Wilderness Campground - 1986
Polynesian - 1989, 1991, 1998
Off-Site - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 2002 (Honeymoon), 2011
PO Riverside - 2003, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015
Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #191
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_Passenger View Post
Comic fan?
ha ha that's what I was gonna say. Maybe those of us who have read the comics should refrain from comenting any 'speculations' based on what may or may not have been in the comics.

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #192
Toad_Passenger
Wild Ride Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
ha ha that's what I was gonna say. Maybe those of us who have read the comics should refrain from comenting any 'speculations' based on what may or may not have been in the comics.
I usually just leave an open door for PM's if anybody wants to know any spoilerish things from the comics. But they have strayed from the comic before, so I won't commit 100% to anything.

My WDW visits:
Off-Site - 1995
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #193
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_Passenger View Post
I usually just leave an open door for PM's if anybody wants to know any spoilerish things from the comics. But they have strayed from the comic before, so I won't commit 100% to anything.
Totally. I've read the first like 80 issues. Great stuff.

I am a True Blood fan. I've read all the books. I could spoil people with some general stuff but the show is very different. BUT I saw a clip of one of the producers (i think) talking saying "If you're a fan of the comics you're going to love season 2" so I think they are planning to keep the major story line.

I hate being spoiled unless I wanna be.....so people should place spoiler warnings if they are going to give information from the comics. I think that's just nice to those who haven't read them.

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #194
Toad_Passenger
Wild Ride Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
Totally. I've read the first like 80 issues. Great stuff.

I am a True Blood fan. I've read all the books. I could spoil people with some general stuff but the show is very different. BUT I saw a clip of one of the producers (i think) talking saying "If you're a fan of the comics you're going to love season 2" so I think they are planning to keep the major story line.

I hate being spoiled unless I wanna be.....so people should place spoiler warnings if they are going to give information from the comics. I think that's just nice to those who haven't read them.
I remember the end of Season 1 of True Blood, and thinking how quickly they jumped off the books. Going so far as to keep a character that died in the first book. And it has just digressed further from there.

My WDW visits:
Off-Site - 1995
Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #195
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I haven't read the comics. Are they old editions or something current?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: