Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #1636
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Tonight's episode was great. I loved Rick's eyes at the end - I told DS that he looked like he was ready for a war now.

Yay, Daryl! He continues to be my favorite characters.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #1637
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Really good, and Axel's situation made me gasp. Poor Carol! Who thinks they're going to have to protect themselves like that? But, she's awesome!

As far as Merle is concerned, I think he represents a certain father figure in contrast to Hershel. Daryl is having to choose his family, again.

At least now I get why he's been so reluctant to let Carol get close. It's heart-breaking.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #1638
smidgy
dimples

I loved daryl saving the day! but I didn't like poor axel dying.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #1639
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Can someone clarify for me...I have only seen seasons 2 and 3. I never saw season 1. What originally caused the zombie apocalypse to happen to begin with?
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #1640
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
Can someone clarify for me...I have only seen seasons 2 and 3. I never saw season 1. What originally caused the zombie apocalypse to happen to begin with?
A virus. Watch Season 1. That's what hooked us!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #1641
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

The Govenor dropped a zombie bomb on the prison! Who ever was driving that truck was clearly female. Must have been that Karen chick. Looks like we have Rick back. Can't wait for next weeks show!

The look on Daryl's face after he killed that walker trying to attack Rick LOVED watching the Dixon brothers talking about their past. Something tells me Meryl will change for the better after he discovers how close Daryl is with the group. But I doubt he survive the rest of the season.

Axil. That was intense.

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #1642
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

I didn't like the smirk on Merles face after he helped save Rick, he looked so "how do you like me now". I was just glad he didn't say anything stupid at that point.
And it may not be very nice of me but I loved when Daryl put his crossbow to Merles head!!! And then the showed the sign for the river and it said Yellowjacket! Too bad Merle didn't see that sign.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #1643
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Wow, that was an epic episode last night. I watched it again after watching the Talking Dead.

Merle's face when he realized that Daryl. was actually. leaving. and heading back to the prison. And did everyone catch how Merle was giving Daryl crap in the woods about Daryl's navigation skills deteriorating? Yeah, that sign at the bridge? It WAS Yellowjacket Creek. Booya! In your face Merle! I was sooooo glad Daryl had had enough of Merle and realized he needed to get back to the prison. I truly don't know if Merle will be able to turn around and fit in. He had a small epiphany in the woods but I just don't think it was enough to make a permanent impression. KWIM?

That suprise shot - Axel and Carol actually having a pleasant time together... opening up to each other... laughing... POW!!! Thank goodnes he got it in the head first so that he didn't turn into a walker while Carol was using his body as a shield! I will miss Axel. I was hoping they'd really develope his character further. Hmmmm, those prisoners didn't fare too well once Rick and his group showed up, did they?

I was just glued to the tv this episode. Was it on Talking Dead (maybe last week?) when it was said that Andrew Lincoln's absolutely favorite episode ever is coming up. Episode 12 this season. 2 more weeks. How on earth does this show keep getting better and better!? Some seriously fine writers and actors.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #1644
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I've always loved Daryl because he was the underdog, the awkward guy who didn't really fit in, while Rick had all the game and would always come in to save the day.

Essentially, in the past few episodes, their roles have been reversing. Now Daryl is stepping up and Rick is isolating himself.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #1645
elgerber

I loved it too, when he corrected Merle, and said Glen was Korean, since he himself has made fun of Glen in the past, but now respects him.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #1646
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber
I didn't like the smirk on Merles face after he helped save Rick, he looked so "how do you like me now". I was just glad he didn't say anything stupid at that point.
And it may not be very nice of me but I loved when Daryl put his crossbow to Merles head!!! And then the showed the sign for the river and it said Yellowjacket! Too bad Merle didn't see that sign.
What is the significance of the sign?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #1647
elgerber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
What is the significance of the sign?
Because Daryl said they were nearing Yellowjacket, and Merle said they were nowhere near Yellowjacket and that is tracking skills had declined since he joined up with Ricks group.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #1648
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Was anyone wondering how the governors henchman made it all the way up that tower without no one seeing him? Also shouldn't someone always be with baby Judith? I understand the situation but what of they all died in that gunfight what would've happened to the baby?

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 02-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #1649
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Was anyone wondering how the governors henchman made it all the way up that tower without no one seeing him? Also shouldn't someone always be with baby Judith? I understand the situation but what of they all died in that gunfight what would've happened to the baby?
Yes, I know that Michonne closed the gate after Rick went out but she didn't seem to lock it, or maybe he just sneaked in, broke the lock, and climbed up there.

And I suppose that the baby was sleeping but yes-- knowing the tombs in the prison aren't safe I wouldn't put it past the walkers to somehow come through another way.

I also didn't really get why Maggie was so upset with Glenn. Is it because he kept bringing up the issue, long after she told him what happened? Or because she really was raped and doesn't want to tell him?

I try not to get too hung up on the many lapses of logic that occur during this show, but more and more of them keep reminding me that it IS only a TV show. But it's probably good thing that it isn't more true to life because otherwise I would be too scared to sleep!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #1650
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Something flitted through my mind during the scene where Maggie took Judith to feed her..... could Maggie be pregnant? The scene just seemed so... odd..... the way that she took and held the baby. Almost poignant. Like there was a secret shared between the sisters. I mean that can't be the first time that she held or fed Judith. KWIM? Could it be that she's pregnant but hasn't told Glenn yet and now is hesitant to tell him? Pure speculation on my part.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: