Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #151
tink_lover
POLKA PRINCESS

Yes! Predicted what happened at the school yet hard to watch. I commented to dh that I wouldn't be outside on that porch in the middle of the night with walkers out who knows where! I think the farm has some kind of gate around it? I guess they think that protects them?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 AM   #152
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Another solid episode. I tell you, this is definitely becoming one of my favorite shows!

My biggest gripe seems to be with the night shots. I've got the brightness turned up on my tv but sometimes it's still hard to see what is going on in some of those night time shots!

My blog!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #153
Toad_Passenger
Wild Ride Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadecool View Post
You aren't the only one. The whole world is crawling with walkers and it's just a little too quiet on that farm.
Not sure how many people have read the comics, but if they follow the same storyline about the Farmhouse, then there is a reason it is so quiet. Just wait.

My WDW visits:
Ft. Wilderness Campground - 1986
Polynesian - 1989, 1991, 1998
Off-Site - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 2002 (Honeymoon), 2011
PO Riverside - 2003, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #154
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

I think Shane is seriously losing it. What an absolutely awful thing to have done to Otis, or curtis, whatever his name was. I hope a walker takes him out soon. He annoys me more than Andrea does, and Andrea really annoys me!

Me- my cat Tigger my dog Bubba

Old 10-31-2011, 07:40 AM   #155
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

I love, love, love this show! I'm glad to see there's a thread about it
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #156
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_Passenger View Post
Not sure how many people have read the comics, but if they follow the same storyline about the Farmhouse, then there is a reason it is so quiet. Just wait.
I haven't read the comic but according to some who have, AMC has already made some significant changes to the comic storyline.

If I had the willpower, I think would just wait til the end of the season and watch all of the episodes back to back. It's tough to watch an hour at a time, only to wait a week for the next hour.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 AM   #157
Toad_Passenger
Wild Ride Dreamer

Quote:
I haven't read the comic but according to some who have, AMC has already made some significant changes to the comic storyline.

If I had the willpower, I think would just wait til the end of the season and watch all of the episodes back to back. It's tough to watch an hour at a time, only to wait a week for the next hour.
I've read them, and they have changed a lot. I have a feeling, though, since they included the group at the Farmhouse, they are going to keep that whole storyline.

My WDW visits:
Ft. Wilderness Campground - 1986
Polynesian - 1989, 1991, 1998
Off-Site - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 2002 (Honeymoon), 2011
PO Riverside - 2003, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015
Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #158
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_Passenger View Post
Oh your killin' me here! I haven't read the comics! Can you PM why that place is so quiet?

I couldn't believe Shane didn't at least put Otis out of his misery before the Zombies got him. That was beyond cruel!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #159
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
I couldn't believe Shane didn't at least put Otis out of his misery before the Zombies got him. That was beyond cruel!
Shane needed Otis to be "live" bait for the zombies in order to get away, hence the shot to the leg. If he had just killed him, the zombies wouldn't have been interested in Otis anymore. I agree with you that it was beyond cruel, especially since Otis saved Shane's life several times moments before.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #160
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Oh glad I found this thread I love this show. This was a great episode. I feel like something snapped in Shane this week. It happened before the stuff with Otis though. He looked like things were changing in his head when he got out of the gym before Otis saved him he looked to me like he might just give up and let the walkers have him. I don't feel like Shane would have done that to Otis though if they had been trying to save anyone else. The fact that he and Lori kind of had a family dynamic going before Rick showed up made him willing to do anything for Carl.
I am seriously wondering where Sophia is. I don't have great hopes that they will find her.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #161
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisney121 View Post
I am seriously wondering where Sophia is. I don't have great hopes that they will find her.
I think of the possible outcomes, they will either find Sophia hiding somewhere and ok, or they'll find her eaten. I wouldn't think they would just leave her fate unknown.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #162
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Shane needed Otis to be "live" bait for the zombies in order to get away, hence the shot to the leg. If he had just killed him, the zombies wouldn't have been interested in Otis anymore. I agree with you that it was beyond cruel, especially since Otis saved Shane's life several times moments before.
I disagree. For comparison, look at the zombie hanging in the tree. This man had been bitten, had a fever, and knew he was going to die, then turn into a zombie, so he hung himself to get it over with. The zombies still ate the meat off his lower legs, so my guess is zombies will eat someone who is already infected and dead, just not after the point of reanimation. I think, Shane could have killed Otis and the zombies would have still eaten him. Of course, there seem to be some inconsistencies with these zombies, so who knows.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #163
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysMoving View Post
I disagree. For comparison, look at the zombie hanging in the tree. This man had been bitten, had a fever, and knew he was going to die, then turn into a zombie, so he hung himself to get it over with. The zombies still ate the meat off his lower legs, so my guess is zombies will eat someone who is already infected and dead, just not after the point of reanimation. I think, Shane could have killed Otis and the zombies would have still eaten him. Of course, there seem to be some inconsistencies with these zombies, so who knows.
Good point about the guy hanging in the tree. Maybe the zombies at his legs before he died the first time. I would argue that Shane intentionally shot Otis in the leg because he believed that a live Otis would make a better diversion for the zombies. I agree with you that the characteristics of the zombies vary quite a bit. Some can climb fences and stairs, some can't. Some can run faster than others.

This is the most ridiculous and most interesting debate I've had in a while. I love this show.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #164
Luv2Scrap
The only way is if you have the Gypsy
Y'all are going to get me in so much trouble with my supervisor!
The new baby was much more interactive

I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread - I just posted a new thread about this show giving me nightmares! LOL

Well I think I'll start at the beginning of this thread and try to catch up to the last page!
Nov '09 Pop - free dining
Aug '10 CSR - Free dining and BCV for our first DVC trip home!
Jan '12 CSR - Free dining
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #165
Alsobrook
DIS Veteran

I actually thought the reason Shane shot Otis is because the producers of the show wanted to make sure we saw a good old fashioned feeding frenzy with a screaming, live dude's blood spurting out, gurgling noises, etc.... Wouldn't have been as grotesque and "frenzied" if Otis had been dead and they were just going to town that way.

i.e. I really don't know that it matters all that much whether he was dead or alive in the story. ...I do know that we've seen the body shield thing, at least once, where a live person covers themselves with the dead to avoid detection, and we've seen covering yourself in the yuck to keep them from noticing you....

I also think that a thrashing Otis certainly would have drawn more attention than a dead one, but in the end I thought you could sort of see it coming and yet it was still a bit stressful.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: