Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #1621
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
Anyone else concerned about those people? Not Donna and Tyreese, but the other two.... that one guy sounds like a loose cannon! Like they needed someone to fill Shane's shoes because the rest of the group was entirely too harmonic.
They were discussing them a lot on Talking Dead, and about how Rick needs to learn that basically his group is dwindling, they've lost Daryl (for now), and he needs to start trusting people to make their group stronger again. Which I agree with, but...

...at the same time, the father and son were talking about killing the rest of the group to get their weapons and stay at the prison. So in a sense, Rick was right not to trust them! At least not part of that group. There's just no right or wrong anymore.

As far as Daryl, I think his first impulse was to go with Merle, and it hadn't occured to him that if he ever found him, that he would do anything different. But I think he's outgrown Merle, and hopefully he'll realize that sooner rather than later.

I also that that was a mistake on Rick's part, shunning Merle. It's awful having him around, but it wasn't worth losing Daryl over, either. And especially after losing Daryl, telling Michonne to take a hike was just crazy on Rick's part.

I liked Carol in last night's episode. She wasn't brokenhearted over Daryl...she was PO'd at him. They both came from so much abuse, and seeing him go right back to that made him look weaker in her eyes.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #1622
JenM
DIS Veteran

http://www.theonion.com/articles/wal...adline:default

Quote:
'Walking Dead' Writers Regret Naming Every Single Character 'Rick'

ATLANTA—As The Walking Dead returns to AMC for the second half of its third season, writers for the popular zombie drama told reporters Monday they are beginning to regret naming absolutely all of the characters in the series “Rick.” “When we started working on that first episode, there were just a few characters, so we figured it didn’t really matter what we called them,” said showrunner Glen Mazzara, whose writing team has since expanded the show’s ensemble cast to more than 50 unique roles, including protagonist Rick Grimes, fan favorite Rick Dixon, and a mysterious, shadowy figure known only within the show’s universe as “Rick.” “As it stands, we’re juggling three seasons’ worth of characters—men, women, children, and even zombies—all of whom are referred to as ‘Rick,’ generally without a last name. Yes, it’s confusing, but what are we supposed to do at this point? Completely change the names of all the show’s characters?” Despite the show’s convoluted naming system, AMC executives have confirmed that Sunday’s midseason premiere—in which Rick and Rick rescue Rick while Rick comes to terms with his guilt over Rick’s death—garnered a record 12.3 million viewers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #1623
pixi3ness
Earning My Ears

"in which Rick and Rick rescue Rick while Rick comes to terms with his guilt over Rick’s death"

As for last night's episode, I really enjoyed it though I'm a little pissed off at Daryl right now for leaving and at Rick for telling Michonne she'd have to leave. He's just completely losing it. And did anyone notice the look on his face when he was holding Judy and the comment was made about her having Lori's eyes? I'm wondering what was up with that. Sunday needs to hurry!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #1624
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

they talked about the "Lori's eyes" comment on Talking Dead and I though the same thing the host did. I thought it made Rick think that it wasn't his child. The first thought that entered my mind was, "and she has Shane's nose (or whatever). I thought it was a reminder that the child may not be his and how Lori had a physical relationship with Shane and the child may in fact be Shanes.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #1625
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
I think in the comic Tyrese is like Rick's right hand dude. But he came about earlier in the comics too. They seemed wayyy closer than Rick and Shane. I know some of the comic folks have been wondering where Tyrese was.

I WANNA KNOW IF MORGAN COMES BACK!!!!

And I felt so bad for Carol, and I do love me some Daryl.

But I'm telling ya, Glen is gonna flip out, it's a matter of time.....
Morgan is scheduled to come back very, very soon. Not the next episode, but possibly soon after.

I'm also excited about episode 12. Andrew Lincoln has said it's his favorite episode of all and in interviews, all the producers and actors really seem hyped up on it, like some MAJOR things happen there. After reading the spoiler for the next episode (which is 10), I really don't see how things can get much better than that! I can't wait!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #1626
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Did I miss something, but Haley was shot in the chest. Wasn't she supposed to wake up as a walker? Did anyone shoot her in the head?

But all in all, Sundays mid season opener was awesome. So glad we have some new episodes!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #1627
Oh Hia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
They were discussing them a lot on Talking Dead, and about how Rick needs to learn that basically his group is dwindling, they've lost Daryl (for now), and he needs to start trusting people to make their group stronger again. Which I agree with, but...

...at the same time, the father and son were talking about killing the rest of the group to get their weapons and stay at the prison. So in a sense, Rick was right not to trust them! At least not part of that group. There's just no right or wrong anymore.
As far as Daryl, I think his first impulse was to go with Merle, and it hadn't occured to him that if he ever found him, that he would do anything different. But I think he's outgrown Merle, and hopefully he'll realize that sooner rather than later.

I also that that was a mistake on Rick's part, shunning Merle. It's awful having him around, but it wasn't worth losing Daryl over, either. And especially after losing Daryl, telling Michonne to take a hike was just crazy on Rick's part.

I liked Carol in last night's episode. She wasn't brokenhearted over Daryl...she was PO'd at him. They both came from so much abuse, and seeing him go right back to that made him look weaker in her eyes.

I don't think the man, and his son, in Tyrese's group aren't trustworthy. The only reason they even considered taking over the prison is because they're worried about being sent back out into a very dangerous world. They just lost their wife (and mother) and do not want to leave such a safe area.

If Rick's group had been even slightly welcoming, I don't think that thought would have ever crossed their minds.

It's a very different world and everyone's trying to survive, in anyway possible. They thought that plan up out of desperation, not malice.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #1628
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Hia View Post
I don't think the man, and his son, in Tyrese's group aren't trustworthy. The only reason they even considered taking over the prison is because they're worried about being sent back out into a very dangerous world. They just lost their wife (and mother) and do not want to leave such a safe area.

If Rick's group had been even slightly welcoming, I don't think that thought would have ever crossed their minds.

It's a very different world and everyone's trying to survive, in anyway possible. They thought that plan up out of desperation, not malice.
I tend to agree with this.
While I totally get Rick and his group being protective, I think they could perhaps explain that a little better to people when they come in, or something.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #1629
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Great episode tonight!

But where is the other little group at the prison? I guess maybe they are still locked up?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #1630
elfling8
Mouseketeer

I was wondering that too.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #1631
wdwmom2
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Hopefully the Disney magic will kick in
my co-workers made me bath in Scope mouth wash
Fractured Prune is like donut Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
Great episode tonight!

But where is the other little group at the prison? I guess maybe they are still locked up?
I'm guessing that they are still in the prison somewhere.

I think Carol was starting to like Axel, good thing Daryl is back. I will miss Andrew though.

I liked that Maggie reciprocated when Glen put his hand on her shoulder. Those two need to stay strong.

Rick needs a good psychiatrist He is truly riding the crazy train

And with Daryl being back, so is Merle

I dislike the Governor more and more!!!

Last edited by wdwmom2; 02-18-2013 at 04:39 AM. Reason: wrong character name!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #1632
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Watching the talking dead right now and they mentioned tyrese leaving? So did I miss something? He made it sound like it happened after Rick went nuts.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #1633
elgerber

Quote:
Originally Posted by java
Watching the talking dead right now and they mentioned tyrese leaving? So did I miss something? He made it sound like it happened after Rick went nuts.
They ran out when Rick went bonkers but we didn't see where they went. I was wondering tonight also, where they were.
Tonight was awesome! I liked Andrew too but he was getting too close to Carol LOL.
Daryl is awesome! That was a very different Zombie death. I was glad to see it didn't take him long to tell Merle off! He is so despicable!
So is the Governor. Looks like Andrea has finally figured that out! If she only knew the full extent.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #1634
elgerber

Andrew Lincoln has just been amazing recently, his acting as he is losing his mind is incredible!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #1635
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

I loved Axel role,shot off way too soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: