Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #1606
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
That said...the show has grown on me and I can't wait to see what happens. It has however made going out to feed the horses on the farm at night REALLY nerve-wracking.

Got a crossbow handy?

ooohhhhh, DS and I are SO looking forward to the new episode tonight!!!!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #1607
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM
Just a few more hours!!

That's awesome!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #1608
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

Welp, my husband has been sucked in after watching the marathons!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #1609
KandD
BUT YOU NEVER SAID THEY HAD TO BE WEARING SHOES!!!

So what did everyone think?

I didn't realize that was supposed to be Lori at the end...I didn't think it looked anything like her. But my husband was like, who else could it be? Doh! I fell asleep during the Talking Dead but I can watch it on demand.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #1610
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I immediately knew it was Lori... after getting the phone call from her, it was obvious that they're going to pursue the "crazy" story line. I really hope he pulls it together for the sake of the group, but if anyone deserves to go crazy, after all he's been through, it's him.

And all I can say is, I found the last half of the show to be missing something.... hmmm... oh, right. DARYL. He'd better get his butt back there, quick!!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #1611
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers
I immediately knew it was Lori... after getting the phone call from her, it was obvious that they're going to pursue the "crazy" story line. I really hope he pulls it together for the sake of the group, but if anyone deserves to go crazy, after all he's been through, it's him.

And all I can say is, I found the last half of the show to be missing something.... hmmm... oh, right. DARYL. He'd better get his butt back there, quick!!
They said someone was going to snap, I was half expecting Glen or Maggie or even the governor. I had briefly thought Rick, but thought the others had more of a reason in the moment. Being two months later you forget Lori has only been dead for about a week.

As far as Daryl goes? In wearing my I <3 Daryl tshirt in mourning that he was in like 5 minutes.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #1612
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

I was disappointed in the episode. It didn't leave me wanting more like it usually does. I am not happy about Daryl though! Poor Carol. I hope she doesn't hook up with that prisoner guy.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #1613
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

It seemed a bit slow. They are focusing more on the "feelings" of everyone, lots of talking and soul searching. I hope they don't go too far down the "Rick loosing his mind" road. I understand that he lost his wife and has a new baby and is under tons of pressure leading the group, but I don't like the hallucinations, phone calls from Lori messing with his mind etc.

One question, what did Merle ever do to Carol? A couple of times, someone said something like, "What will Carol think if we bring Merle back to the prison?" I keep trying to think back to what he did to her.

Totally missed Daryl. I think something will happen to test his loyalty to Merle. He best get back to the prison!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #1614
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
It seemed a bit slow. They are focusing more on the "feelings" of everyone, lots of talking and soul searching. I hope they don't go too far down the "Rick loosing his mind" road. I understand that he lost his wife and has a new baby and is under tons of pressure leading the group, but I don't like the hallucinations, phone calls from Lori messing with his mind etc.

One question, what did Merle ever do to Carol? A couple of times, someone said something like, "What will Carol think if we bring Merle back to the prison?" I keep trying to think back to what he did to her.

Totally missed Daryl. I think something will happen to test his loyalty to Merle. He best get back to the prison!
I don't think Daryl will be gone too long. Merle is such a scum bucket, I couldn't believe he just wouldn't shut up last night, after they came back and saved his behind and took him out of there!

We never saw Merle with Carol, the only place we ever saw him was in that building in Atlanta, we never saw him in camp.

I get Rick going crazy, but he needs to get it together quick LOL. He needs those new people, in case he hasn't noticed his group has gotten very small.

I hope Glenn gets over it soon too, so he will go back to Maggie.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #1615
Ginny Favers

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post

Probably because she's the only adult left at the prison who was around to remember Merle.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #1616
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers

Probably because she's the only adult left at the prison who was around to remember Merle.
And Merle is very abusive, controlling and mean like Carols husband who died.

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #1617
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
And Merle is very abusive, controlling and mean like Carols husband who died.
I actually think the Merle charector is going to soften up.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #1618
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

I wasn't loving last night's episode but am guessing that Merle and Daryl end up back at the prison somehow- like with the Governor going nuts and them having to pick a side quickly-

I think I read online a spoiler from the comics- and suggesting if they follow it what will happen

In white

The governor in the comics cuts off his own hand- suggesting that maybe they will merge Merle and the Governor. Also in the comics almost everyone gets killed off when the prison gets overrun

and hoping they don't follow the comic because again in white (I don't see any mention of Daryl!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #1619
Ginny Favers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post

I get Rick going crazy, but he needs to get it together quick LOL. He needs those new people, in case he hasn't noticed his group has gotten very small.
Anyone else concerned about those people? Not Donna and Tyreese, but the other two.... that one guy sounds like a loose cannon! Like they needed someone to fill Shane's shoes because the rest of the group was entirely too harmonic.

Also-- for anyone interested-- there is a full spoiler of the next episode floating around. I was compelled to read it because I was really nervous that the show was in danger of jumping the shark. But it actually sounds AWESOME.

Last edited by Ginny Favers; 02-11-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #1620
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

I think in the comic Tyrese is like Rick's right hand dude. But he came about earlier in the comics too. They seemed wayyy closer than Rick and Shane. I know some of the comic folks have been wondering where Tyrese was.

I WANNA KNOW IF MORGAN COMES BACK!!!!

And I felt so bad for Carol, and I do love me some Daryl.

But I'm telling ya, Glen is gonna flip out, it's a matter of time.....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: