Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #1576
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom2 View Post
Well, I though I would get to watch TWD, all three seasons on the New Year's Eve marathon. Apparently, AMC changed it's mind. Now it will only be season 3

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/12/30...-season-three/
so I'm not the only one who heard that when it was first announced! Originally they were airing all 3 seasons New Years weekend. Now its only half of season 3 and it wont start until 9pm NYE! I would be really annoyed if I didn't already have all the episodes in my iTunes library.

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 12-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #1577
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Looks like TheWalkingDead marathon was shortened. Because of the Sandy Hook shootings. I get it now. Understood.

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #1578
wdwmom2
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Hopefully the Disney magic will kick in
my co-workers made me bath in Scope mouth wash
Fractured Prune is like donut Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Looks like TheWalkingDead marathon was shortened. Because of the Sandy Hook shootings. I get it now. Understood.
Okay, I can be dense at times, explain it to me. Because for whatever reason, I am not connecting the two. I did catch Daryl at the beginning mention the Sandy Hook tragedy and warn of violence on TWD.

Yes, there is violence in TWD, but it was there way before the Sandy Hook tragedy. And I can't imagine it will alter the upcoming episodes. Hasn't stopped all the other "violent" shows from airing. Watched several episodes of NCIS today, numerous shootings.

Still wish I were watching S1E1

Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #1579
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom2 View Post
Okay, I can be dense at times, explain it to me. Because for whatever reason, I am not connecting the two. I did catch Daryl at the beginning mention the Sandy Hook tragedy and warn of violence on TWD.

Yes, there is violence in TWD, but it was there way before the Sandy Hook tragedy. And I can't imagine it will alter the upcoming episodes. Hasn't stopped all the other "violent" shows from airing. Watched several episodes of NCIS today, numerous shootings.

Still wish I were watching S1E1
I just guessed that why it was cancelled. The 1st 5 min of the season 3 premiere we saw Carl shoot a walker in the head. It made sense to me watching Norman at the beginning why the schedule was changed at the last minute.

TWD has made history for AMC they wouldn't have changed if they didn't have a good reason.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #1580
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

I just saw the notice about the violence "in light of the Sandy Hook tragedy." I guess I'm surprised about this - I just couldn't possibly associate anything wtih this show with that horrible ... thing. I don't even know what to call it.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #1581
wdwmom2
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Hopefully the Disney magic will kick in
my co-workers made me bath in Scope mouth wash
Fractured Prune is like donut Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
I just guessed that why it was cancelled. The 1st 5 min of the season 3 premiere we saw Carl shoot a walker in the head. It made sense to me watching Norman at the beginning why the schedule was changed at the last minute.

TWD has made history for AMC they wouldn't have changed if they didn't have a good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBarb View Post
I just saw the notice about the violence "in light of the Sandy Hook tragedy." I guess I'm surprised about this - I just couldn't possibly associate anything wtih this show with that horrible ... thing. I don't even know what to call it.
I'm with you WDWBarb. Watching TWD doesn't make me think of the Sandy Hook tragedy, and visa vera. I do not associate the two, at all.

Not showing seasons 1 and 2 only shortened the amount of time we saw any violence, it didn't omit any violence from what we did see.

Oh well, come on February!!!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #1582
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom2

I'm with you WDWBarb. Watching TWD doesn't make me think of the Sandy Hook tragedy, and visa vera. I do not associate the two, at all.

Not showing seasons 1 and 2 only shortened the amount of time we saw any violence, it didn't omit any violence from what we did see.

Oh well, come on February!!!!!
I am still scratching my head over it. I'm A-OK with Norman's message during the marathon (I hope that the events at Sandy Hook are never forgotten and that they do propel humanity to make changes to prevent future acts of terrible violence). I just don't get the association between this entirely VERY fictional show and what happened that day.

Now I will say that I was shocked by American Horror Story (season 1) and the blatant depiction of school violence. The shooter was a sympathetic character and even said that he shot those "he liked best" to save them from this miserable world. But you couldn't help feeling sorry for his character. I thought the show was well done but I also thought it was irresponsible of the makers of this show to include this particular story line.

Yet Season 1 is on NetFlix and Amazon Prime Instant Video with no cautionary messages.

I don't know - I know it's a terribly sensitive topic and I may be way off base here. I can't even imagine what the families have suffered. I can't even imagine what could spur such violence.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #1583
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Yes, I agree about that American Horror Story scene. It was very hard to watch & I couldn't believe they did it.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 58 out of 85
Old 01-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #1584
evildiva
Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy expectations in men.

My best guess for shortening the marathon is that in the first season there is more than one occasion when the characters had to kill a child walker. Two times off the top of my head they were first humans who had been with them and turned. I can see the sensitivity there.

June 1990 Grovsners, April 1995 Magic Music Days (Kissime), April 1997 Magic Music Days (Kissime), July 1997 Cocoa Beach, May 1999 Daytona, November 2005 Pop Century, Apirl - May 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 Pop Century, April 2009 Pop Century (solo), October 2009 All Star Sports (solo), December 2009 Pop Century, April 2010 Pop Century 30th B-Day Trip, October 2010 Pop Century, December 2010 Boardwalk Inn/Podcast Cruise/Beach Club, October 2011 Pop Century, December 2011 Pop Century Solo Disapalooza, November 2013 Pop Century Jingle Jungle 5k, Sept/Oct 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #1585
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I'm surprised to read this. These are zombies not people and purely fantasy so I don't see the connection either.

I suppose that I admire their attempt to be sensitive though. I just hope that they don't get carried away.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #1586
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

I never would have associated the two. I was looking forward to seeing the series from the beginning.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #1587
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I'm surprised to read this. These are zombies not people and purely fantasy so I don't see the connection either.

I suppose that I admire their attempt to be sensitive though. I just hope that they don't get carried away.
I think they were trying to play it safe...maybe overly so, but since this is the first time the show has aired at all since the Sandy Hook shootings, and the shows were originally scheduled to air during the day when kids were off from school and featuring two episodes from the earlier seasons while child walkers were shot and killed, the network wanted to play it safe, at least this time, when it's so close to the tragedy.

It seems silly, since it's a zombie show...but after being in NYC on 9/11, I remember being bothered by police/fire sirens on TV if they ran on too long. It's weird, but it just connects to something that reminds you of something else. A kid either from Sandy Hook - or even a kid just worried about going back to school knowing about Sandy Hook - stumbles onto a show like this, that has a ton of gunfire...AMC doesn't want those angry phone calls, so they just backed off this weekend. Understandable.

The shows they did air didn't seem to be edited, so it looks like it's just a temporary thing. We'll probably see a marathon back at another time.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #1588
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I think they were trying to play it safe...maybe overly so, but since this is the first time the show has aired at all since the Sandy Hook shootings, and the shows were originally scheduled to air during the day when kids were off from school and featuring two episodes from the earlier seasons while child walkers were shot and killed, the network wanted to play it safe, at least this time, when it's so close to the tragedy.

It seems silly, since it's a zombie show...but after being in NYC on 9/11, I remember being bothered by police/fire sirens on TV if they ran on too long. It's weird, but it just connects to something that reminds you of something else. A kid either from Sandy Hook - or even a kid just worried about going back to school knowing about Sandy Hook - stumbles onto a show like this, that has a ton of gunfire...AMC doesn't want those angry phone calls, so they just backed off this weekend. Understandable.

The shows they did air didn't seem to be edited, so it looks like it's just a temporary thing. We'll probably see a marathon back at another time.
Exactly my point! They were playing it safe. Out of all TWD marathons that have aired since the first season, its usually an all day or all weekend thing. But this marathon was different...it started at 9pm and it was over by dawn. That's a first. Plus movie studios cancelled premiers after the shootings it makes sense to me that AMC would follow suit. Hopefully we will see the weekend marathon when the show comes back in Feb.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #1589
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

New teaser!

I saw this and I had I share!

http://youtu.be/AlWCPHpICBU

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JBt_s...layer_embedded

I'm also hearing that they will show seasons 1&2 in black and white at the beginning of February.

Last edited by HonnyDipp; 01-03-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1590
Hidden_Mickey
DIS Veteran

Did you all know that AMC fired Glen Mazzarra? Not sure what they were thinking there, but they also announced that season 4 has been given the green light.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7356933.story

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: