Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #136
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I want to know too!!
This is going to sound really sexist for me to say...

But...I think women WOULD be more annoying then men in this situation.

I mean...Most women I know(even the strongest of the strong) are pretty emotional. Add to that the worry they have to have, not only for themselves, but for their children and you have basket cases in no time.

If my daughter went missing I wouldn't be rational in the least. I would probably be blaming everyone and everything.

PLUS...I mean...not to be gross, but how long has the zombie thing going on. I mean...periods can NOT be fun for them.

The men are just as bad I think...just in a different way. We are starting to see them break down more and more, it's just not manifesting the way it is with the women.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Old 10-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #137
Oh Hia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
I'm the same way. I can normally handle scary movies. I can watch them late at night and still sleep like a baby. But there's something about this show. I jump even when they are building up to something scary. It's well written, well scripted and the zombies are so freaky! I love this show, but I can only handle daytime viewing!
I may have to start waiting until the next day to watch it too.

I seriously laid in bed last night thinking of reasons why a zombie attack would never happen. I mean, honestly, the army wouldn't be able to take them out? They're slow. The government could build a blockade of some sort and put sharp shooters along the front wall, they could pick them off one by one...It wouldn't be that hard.

That's just one of many, many scenarios I played out in my head....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #138
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Hia View Post
I may have to start waiting until the next day to watch it too.

I seriously laid in bed last night thinking of reasons why a zombie attack would never happen. I mean, honestly, the army wouldn't be able to take them out? They're slow. The government could build a blockade of some sort and put sharp shooters along the front wall, they could pick them off one by one...It wouldn't be that hard.

That's just one of many, many scenarios I played out in my head....
I love scary movies (the kind that make you jump or look over your shoulder) but have to admit that this show unnerves me. I think it's because the people and the situations are so realistic (outside of the fact that zombies are everywhere - lol). And they are using real settings (Atlanta for much of last season).

And the zombies are pretty fast-walkers! I'm more comfortable with the more sluggish undead.

I also think that part of the fear factor is the fact that they really are everywhere and you can never be "safe," not even for a moment. They can corner you and you can be trapped and they can certainly outlast you. I think I'd feel safer if I had a tank to travel around in.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #139
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
PLUS...I mean...not to be gross, but how long has the zombie thing going on. I mean...periods can NOT be fun for them.
Not having one would be worse. Lori hasn't given that a thought, has she? Can't imagine anything worse than being in labor and spotting a herd in a distance. "Get under the car Lori. Be quiet".
Old 10-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #140
Aisling
Where your mind goes, your behind follows
I wear as little as decently possible, so I'd end up being the town hoochie if I lived in Walnut Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney1fan2002 View Post
Daryl? .....Now it looks like he is becoming the hero. I am really liking him so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I really like Darryl.

I'm really liking Daryl, too. If I were with that group, I'd be sticking to his side like glue. He's my hero.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #141
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
I'm really liking Daryl, too. If I were with that group, I'd be sticking to his side like glue. He's my hero.
I love the actor that plays him...Norman Reedus. He was in Boondock Saints as well!
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Old 10-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #142
Soldier's*Sweeties
I'll take the Palmettos

Bumping for tonight!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #143
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Before Rick is drained dry, isn't there a person in that house that can ask "Does anyone here have O- type?"

Andrea could benefit from Daryl's stash.

With all the abandoned cars, why is everyone still driving old, potentially unreliable cars? Even the new people at the farm are driving that old pick up.

One more thing. The car seat image was disturbing. Isn't it interesting how just one image doesn't require anything more to create a scene in your own mind of what happened?

Last edited by AlwaysMoving; 10-24-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #144
joyjoy
DIS Veteran

There are two threads about this show going on right now. Oh, well.

Last night at the high school when Shane and Redneck Guy were trying to get the medical stuff: Those walkers really WERE moving pretty fast! I also prefer my zombies to be staggering, stomping slowpokes, not all nimble like these new fangled zombies. Also, the old-style zombies had a heightened sense of smell, but these walkers (Or runners. Sometimes.) do not seem to have it. Remember when TDog cut his arm and it was spurting blood like a garden hose? Those zombies in the herd barely took notice.

That last scene last night with all those zombies pushing on that gate and the pin shaking precariously..... terrifying. Oh, one more thing. I'm so glad they found the farmhouse and those nice people. Now they can take showers. I swear I can smell them through the tv, especially Rick.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #145
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyjoy View Post
Also, the old-style zombies had a heightened sense of smell, but these walkers (Or runners. Sometimes.) do not seem to have it. Remember when TDog cut his arm and it was spurting blood like a garden hose? Those zombies in the herd barely took notice.
The scene with T-Dog is what left me confused about what attracts the zombies. In the first season the reason for Rick and Glenn covering themselves with zombie guts was to remain undetected by the zombies because of the human smell attracted them. Then, in that same scene, when the rain came and the zombie guts washed off them, the zombies went all feeding frenzy.

That is why when T-Dog got the blood waterfall coming from that gash on his arm, I was sure the zombies would have stopped and ran for him. Even though a dead zombie was thrown on him and he lay still on the ground, I would think the zombies could have noticed the smell of the blood.

I would also like to comment on the herd in that episode. They were walking all unstable, almost dragging their feet, yet later on, there are zombies running through the woods like crazed men. The episode last night had zombies running around the outside of the hospital. Are there degrees of disability that comes with how long one has been a zombie?

Also, they seemed sensitive to sound, even the smallest noise, such as when Andrea was in the camper bathroom last episode and tinkered with the gun parts. Yet, last night in the scene at the hospital, Shane and that guy who shot Carl (can't remember his name) were hiding behind that car and then opened the creeking door, made a loud noise as the trunk opened, and no zombies noticed. Either I am not understanding what attracts the zombies, or there is a rash of inconsistencies.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #146
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Renewed for season 3!

Just got this tweet from AMCNews!

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...medium=twitter

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #147
Toad_Passenger
Wild Ride Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysMoving View Post
The scene with T-Dog is what left me confused about what attracts the zombies. In the first season the reason for Rick and Glenn covering themselves with zombie guts was to remain undetected by the zombies because of the human smell attracted them. Then, in that same scene, when the rain came and the zombie guts washed off them, the zombies went all feeding frenzy.

That is why when T-Dog got the blood waterfall coming from that gash on his arm, I was sure the zombies would have stopped and ran for him. Even though a dead zombie was thrown on him and he lay still on the ground, I would think the zombies could have noticed the smell of the blood.

I would also like to comment on the herd in that episode. They were walking all unstable, almost dragging their feet, yet later on, there are zombies running through the woods like crazed men. The episode last night had zombies running around the outside of the hospital. Are there degrees of disability that comes with how long one has been a zombie?

Also, they seemed sensitive to sound, even the smallest noise, such as when Andrea was in the camper bathroom last episode and tinkered with the gun parts. Yet, last night in the scene at the hospital, Shane and that guy who shot Carl (can't remember his name) were hiding behind that car and then opened the creeking door, made a loud noise as the trunk opened, and no zombies noticed. Either I am not understanding what attracts the zombies, or there is a rash of inconsistencies.
BBM
Simply put, yes. I've always followed the lore that if someone who is highly athletic becomes a zombie, then they will retain a certain element of that as they begin to decay. Thus, they could possibly run you down soon after being turned.

We really haven't been given much background to how the zombies in the WD work. It's possible since the virus affects the brain, that there may not be a disconnect to the muscular structure, thus, again, a former track athlete may still be pretty fast on their zombie feet.

My WDW visits:
Ft. Wilderness Campground - 1986
Polynesian - 1989, 1991, 1998
Off-Site - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 2002 (Honeymoon), 2011
PO Riverside - 2003, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015
Old 10-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #148
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Am I the only one who thinks the people in tonights episode were just a little too relaxed hanging outside the farm house in the dark? Is there some invisible force field that keeps zombies off the farm? Glenn and the new woman talking about religion, Rick and Lori talking about purpose for living, Shane leaning inured against the vehicle. Nobody was outside on watch. I would be inside with the front door definitely closed and locked.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #149
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysMoving View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the people in tonights episode were just a little too relaxed hanging outside the farm house in the dark? Is there some invisible force field that keeps zombies off the farm? Glenn and the new woman talking about religion, Rick and Lori talking about purpose for living, Shane leaning inured against the vehicle. Nobody was outside on watch. I would be inside with the front door definitely closed and locked.
You aren't the only one. The whole world is crawling with walkers and it's just a little too quiet on that farm.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #150
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadecool View Post
You aren't the only one. The whole world is crawling with walkers and it's just a little too quiet on that farm.
It's quiet and they're distracted and that's probably why they seem relaxed. The zombies aren't consistent but seem to be somewhat noisy most of the time.

Wow, what an ending tonight. Yeesh!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: