Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #76
ehsmum
Mouseketeer

I met up with friends from other boards when we were in the US and it was just like you said - as if we'd known each other for years! Cyber friendships are amazing things .

I love your Mary Poppins bag - where did you get it?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #77
shushh
DIS Veteran

PrincessInOz, some of the photos are just stunning! And some of the others stunningly...shocking

What a lovely day you had. WDW looks fabulous in orange! And it is so nice to meet up with people whom you've been chatting with online. Although I can understand the "what if..." dilemma. I'm another one of those "quiet" people in real life. I think I like being on forums because I can "hide" behind my words in print! So glad you guys got to meet up and get along!

Oh I want to know where you got that bag as well...
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #78
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Aww, I like that picture of the two of us and the one of me and your DH! I'm really glad we got on so well in person I know some people want to smack me when I keep giving them trivia on rides, so thanks for not smacking me
I horde trivia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsmum View Post
I met up with friends from other boards when we were in the US and it was just like you said - as if we'd known each other for years! Cyber friendships are amazing things .

I love your Mary Poppins bag - where did you get it?
I got my MP bag when I went to see the Mary Poppins musical in Melbourne. From the tags inside the bag, I'd say that this was the bag used in the NY production as well. I just couldn't pass it up! Are you planning on seeing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
PrincessInOz, some of the photos are just stunning! And some of the others stunningly...shocking

What a lovely day you had. WDW looks fabulous in orange! And it is so nice to meet up with people whom you've been chatting with online. Although I can understand the "what if..." dilemma. I'm another one of those "quiet" people in real life. I think I like being on forums because I can "hide" behind my words in print! So glad you guys got to meet up and get along!

Oh I want to know where you got that bag as well...
I hope to post more shockingly stunning photos and stunningly shocking photos.....coming right up .

I'll guess that when the Mary Poppins season finishes in Melbourne that it will head to Sydney and you can get the bag there....unless you get it from NYC first.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 11-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #79
PrincessInOz
in

MK, DisMeet, MNSSHP: Update 2 - Dinner with Pooh and the never-ending Lemonade

Two rounds of walk-on to Haunted Mansion later, it was time to head off to Crystal Palace. And I was keen to catch up with LuvChefMic again. I’ve missed chatting with her on the Boards.

Sadly, she was a no-show. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time to wait outside for an extended period of time because DH needed to eat and head back to the convention kick-off. So, we checked ourselves in and got a table PDQ.

And we helped ourselves to the buffet. I managed to grab shots of my food; DH and Firefly also ate but I was too busy enjoying my meal to fuss about photos of their plates.

I started with salad.

…. and moved on to the very tender and well done Roasts (Turkey and Beef), salmon and veggies. Delicious!

Firefly had acquired mini Pooh somewhere that day…

…and he looked like he enjoyed my banana bread and butter dessert. He probably enjoyed it better than me.

I got the very good Key Lime Pie, a chocolate cake and that vanilla looking cake that was masquerading as Tira Misu. The not Tira Misu was the most disappointing thing of the night.

In between our eating, we certainly got our share of the characters. I’m not sure what was going on with CP that night; but it was not busy. Therefore, the characters must have come round to our table at least 4 times, and every time they stopped and checked that we were the same people before moving on. Towards the end, Pooh even made a few hand/tummy gestures to us wondering if we were full.

I’m almost pretty sure he weren’t being sarcastic.

Piglet was all cute and fluffy.

Tiggruff was all bouncey.

Eeyore was positively un-typically cheerful!

And Pooh was super sweet…particularly when he spotted mini Pooh.

Somewhere in between the meal and the characters, DH headed off. But he kindly took this picture of us before he left. Firefly, mini Pooh and I were bonding along nicely!

Whilst we saw a lot of the characters, I can’t say the same about our server. But there was evidence that she was around. Plates were automagically cleared from our table and somehow, without requesting or wanting it, I ended up with 5 glasses of lemonade.

5!!! Never ending rounds of lemonade…. I don't know how I was ever going to drink it all in a month of Sundays!

More pictures of Crystal Palace

The view from our table

THAT dome

Spot the pumpkins!

I know CP gets mixed reviews on the Boards. For me, I enjoyed the salad and mains on offer that night. And the character interaction was really good - possibly as good as those for breakfasts I've had at Tusker House and Cape May.

Perhaps not being crowded makes a difference to the experience.

Up next: Prime pictures at MK

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 AM   #80
shushh
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping our experience at CP will be as great as yours. Our youngest likes "bears"!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #81
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Hi Clare! Nice to see you here! Hope you've been well and are starting to plan your 2011 fantabulous WDW vacay. I wasn't sure if it was such a good idea for us to get to WWoHP on this very short trip; but in the end, it was just great. But then, we're really mad Potty fans!

Hope you'll stop by again and let me know how you're doing!
Am very well thanks and planning is under way for my November 2011 trip - its ages away but at least it's booked so I know I'm going back

I think I'm going to have to go and visit 'Harry' aren't I lol - loving your report, I've never been for Halloween, that's another thing I should add to my 'to do list' for another time.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 11-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #82
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

They must love serving drinks at CP - we had like 3 full drinks also. It's a good thing we were extra sweatin' that night with our costumes on.

We love CP - it's our one Disney Tradition. Though I have to say, I was massively disappointed they didn't have the Frittata out. When I asked, turns out it is only available for breakfast and lunch - the lesson - next time it's breakfast or lunch for us!

Character interaction was strong. We got each character to sign what their costume was going to be for the party.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
Old 11-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #83
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

We've been for lunch twice, and I definitely enjoyed it both times. They had flank steak which was excellent as was the mac and cheese (kids table). We'll have to go back again in a few years.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #84
ehsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I got my MP bag when I went to see the Mary Poppins musical in Melbourne. From the tags inside the bag, I'd say that this was the bag used in the NY production as well. I just couldn't pass it up! Are you planning on seeing it?

We saw it in NYC already but I didn't see those cute bags .

Glad you had fun at Crystal Palace!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #85
stephielela
DIS Veteran

subbing! I followed youover from firefly's report. I loved your pictures there (and here for that matter!) Great review of WWoHP! We decided against going this time around, there just isnt enough time, but I look forward to going someday!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #86
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
I'm hoping our experience at CP will be as great as yours. Our youngest likes "bears"!
I hope you get a non-busy session as well. The characters were great with the kids at other tables (and us big kids) and I liked the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Am very well thanks and planning is under way for my November 2011 trip - its ages away but at least it's booked so I know I'm going back

I think I'm going to have to go and visit 'Harry' aren't I lol - loving your report, I've never been for Halloween, that's another thing I should add to my 'to do list' for another time.
I noticed the ticker. Polynesian??? You lucky thing....but then I know you work hard at it. Enjoy. I'll keep an eye out for your TR next year. I suppose that means you'll have Christmassy pictures and I'll be sitting here enviously!

Yes, IMO Harry is worth a visit. But you'll get there and work it out for yourself.

One of these trips, you're going to have to come downunder and visit.....no Disney; but it could be a different holiday for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
They must love serving drinks at CP - we had like 3 full drinks also. It's a good thing we were extra sweatin' that night with our costumes on.

We love CP - it's our one Disney Tradition. Though I have to say, I was massively disappointed they didn't have the Frittata out. When I asked, turns out it is only available for breakfast and lunch - the lesson - next time it's breakfast or lunch for us!

Character interaction was strong. We got each character to sign what their costume was going to be for the party.
Oooh....I looked for the frittata and was disappointed it wasn't on offer. I'd read that this was a great dish at CP. Thanks for letting me know that it's only available breakfast and lunch. At least I now know why it wasn't on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We've been for lunch twice, and I definitely enjoyed it both times. They had flank steak which was excellent as was the mac and cheese (kids table). We'll have to go back again in a few years.
Hope it stays as good as you remember it! That's always a risk of reality not measuring up anymore to the memory at WDW. I know that Chef Mickey is no longer as highly regarded as a MUST DO as it once was. I'm only glad I hit it in 2005 when it was still pretty highly regarded. We enjoyed our CM experience then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsmum View Post
We saw it in NYC already but I didn't see those cute bags .

Glad you had fun at Crystal Palace!
Thanks. Maybe you'll have to come to Melbourne and get one for youself! (Or PM me.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
subbing! I followed youover from firefly's report. I loved your pictures there (and here for that matter!) Great review of WWoHP! We decided against going this time around, there just isnt enough time, but I look forward to going someday!
Hi Stephielela. Welcome to my TR and thanks for coming on over.....

I'm actually one of your lurkers on your December PTR (followed you from Firefly's PTR); so I should probably head on over and officially sub in as well.

Hope you'll stick around for the rest of my TR.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #87
PrincessInOz
in

MK, DisMeet, MNSSHP: Update 3 – Prime pictures at MK

After dinner, we headed towards Big Thunder. I love this ride and it was fantastic to get on it again; pretty much walk straight on.

We looked across at Splash; but I wasn’t in the mood to walk around in wet clothes to past midnight; so we by-passed it. Pity – because I never got round to getting on Splash this trip. I was never at MK during the daytime!

We then headed for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. In my PTR, I had commented that I thought that this was one attraction that I had not been on. I know I didn’t get on it in May; but I couldn’t remember for sure if I had been on it in 2005. In any event, this ride was scheduled for shutdown tomorrow and this was the only time for it. Firefly remembered and figured it was now or never.

So, it was time to try that 50 mm f/1.8 prime lens again. I had abysmally failed to lock focus in HM but I don’t give up easy!

We passed the HM along the way and I was pleased with how this shot turned out. Now, if only I can remember what I did!

It took me a couple of go’s to get this shot of Firefly with the Hag (she’s the one on the left). I think I finally figured out that I needed to stand back and took a couple of steps back in order to get the right focus.

And I’m glad that Firefly stood where I was standing because she got a great shot of me and the Hag (she’s the one on the right).

When I got out of the ride and checked the camera, there were very promising signs for that prime lens and me….

And then there were these sorts of stunningly shocking pictures….

Turns out there is a very fine line between slightly out of focus…

…and slightly less out of focus!

Firefly and I had deliberately chosen not to attend the first parade for the night. It was usually a more crowded affair than the second parade.

But it was now getting close to HalloWishes time and we needed to work out where we were going to see the fireworks.

When we finished MAoWtP, Firefly got a text from HeatherBelle614. She and her DH had staked out a spot in the Hub to watch HalloWishes and the MNSSHP parade. So, we headed over to join them. I wish that I had taken a photograph of the 5 of us to post here; but somehow I just didn’t seem to get round to doing so. I liked Heather and her DH.

Time for more prime pictures! That prime lens was getting a work-out tonight and I was having to learn to come to terms with it quickly. I figured that I needed to ensure a certain distance between myself and the subject before the lens would lock focus. And given that the next photography subject was HalloWishes, I was in for another crash course. So, I set the camera into No Flash mode and didn’t play with any other settings.

The Castle always looks great all lit up.

I was really enjoying the changing colours of the Castle and almost forgot that there was still more flashing colour to come!

And if you believe that last statement, you’ll believe anything!

Up next: HalloWishes fireworks Part 1 and Villians

Old 11-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #88
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Those pictures came out really well! If I had the money, I'd so get a camera like yours

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 AM   #89
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Those pictures came out really well! If I had the money, I'd so get a camera like yours
Thanks. I'm still sorting through my gazillion pictures. I'm hoping to have it done by the weekend. Did you want me to download them ALL on a DVD for you; or just the ones of you and the animals?

ps. You might want to consider your response after you see my next couple of posts. I have TONS of fireworks and parade shots....Most good, some bad. And this is only for the first party!!

Old 11-10-2010, 04:21 AM   #90
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Thanks. I'm still sorting through my gazillion pictures. I'm hoping to have it done by the weekend. Did you want me to download them ALL on a DVD for you; or just the ones of you and the animals?

ps. You might want to consider your response after you see my next couple of posts. I have TONS of fireworks and parade shots....Most good, some bad. And this is only for the first party!!
That's entirely up to you. I'll take whatever you send me

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: