Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
one2admire
Mouseketeer

Uh Oh...My DDxDp Trip Turned Upside Down (AGAIN)...We're back!! FF & Cali Grill 11/22

DH, DS and I are headed to WDW in 19 days. I've spent months after months planning our perfect trip. We're self-proclaimed foodies, not experts, but we can appreciate a good meal.

So here's our lineup:
Teppan Edo
Chef Mickey's
H & V
Flying Fish
'Ohana breakfast and dinner
Crystal Palace
Cali Grill
Tusker House breakfast
Boma breakfast and dinner
Cape May breakfast
Narcoosee's

Sounds near perfect, huh? Sure did, until this Saturday when I found out I was pregnant! <---- That was my reaction....DH's was a little different.... We'd plan on ttc AFTER this trip, a bit too early but we're excited )

Anywho, now even the thought of food makes me nauseous. My beloved seafood...makes me want to stick my head in the nearest toilet.

So now I'm stuck trying decide if I want to downgrade to the regular plan or keep the deluxe and suck it up.....

I started a PTR because I'm interested myself to see how this all unfolds.

Last edited by one2admire; 11-22-2010 at 11:29 AM.
one2admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
tinkerbell313
DIS Veteran

No words of advice for your dining plans...but I ams ending you a huge congratulations
tinkerbell313 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!!! I am thinking you'll want to downgrade to regular dining. Last year, I found out I was pregnant two days after I got back from WDW (I was pregnant there, but stupid me didn't figure it out). Anyhow, my m/s started right after we returned and there is no way I would have been able to deal with the food and smells of restaurants. I was starving, but also puking... So I'm thinking the Deluxe plan may not work.

It does depend on how pregnancy is for you - some people are ravenous and don't get m/s. But to be on the safe side, the regular plan seems like a safer bet.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

First of all...Congrats! Hope you have an easy time. Now to the food...Can you eat at all? Are you sick all day? If so downgrade. Several of your choices can still be hit and save the 2X for another trip. If you feel better in the evenings, go for it. If at all possible I would keep them and avor the moments!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!! That is awesome.

If it were me I would downgrade, esp. if you are already feeling sick. Stick with the basic plan and maybe keep a few ADR's that you can pay for OOP like breakfast if you get there and end up being hungry all the time. When I was pregnant just the smell of fish or chicken(my usual fav) made me sick.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
high meadows
Mouseketeer

Downgrade AND put the money saved into little Herb/Herbina's college savings account! The tot will thank you and Disney in 20 years, you can avoid smelling food and soldierly DH will be slimmer.
high meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
one2admire
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
First of all...Congrats! Hope you have an easy time. Now to the food...Can you eat at all? Are you sick all day? If so downgrade. Several of your choices can still be hit and save the 2X for another trip. If you feel better in the evenings, go for it. If at all possible I would keep them and avor the moments!
I can eat, its the thought of food that makes me nauseous. I didn't have much morning sickness with my first child and I'm hoping these bouts I'm having won't last long.

I learned the key is to eat small portions...but how can you do that when you have an app, entree, and dessert staring you down??

I'm going to talk it over with DH. How ironic, I chose the dates for the F&W festival.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2admire View Post
I learned the key is to eat small portions... How ironic, I chose the dates for the F&W festival.
That will be a very easy way to keep small portions going!! DH will just enjoy the wine for you!! I'll watch for you, we should be there about the same time. Let me guess, you could be wearing your lime green color if you are really nauseated right?? Hopefully you'll feel great and have a wonderful time!!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Congratulations!

I'd personally consider going with no plan at all, since who knows how you'll feel each day.
disneyfav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I am going to Disney when I am 7 months pregnant. We will be on the deluxe dining plan. I am currently 3 months and have hypermesis gravidarum (excessive vomitting) and am on anti-nausea medication. I have food adversions galore. I am so picky about what I eat and I hate the smell of cooking food lol. Anyway, we chose to do the deluxe plan exactly for this reason and have already made our ADRs. However, who knows if we will stick to those if I am feeling sick but it's good to have the option. Which is why it's good to have the deluxe plan. Let's say you have to eat a little something but no one else is hungry, you could always get your snack option or maybe CS. Then when it's time for your TS and you aren't feeling well or are too full, you could have it wrapped up for later. Or the other members of your party could get dinner while you decide to go back to the room for room service, which is 2 dining credits. With the deluxe plan you have alot of options. And if you have to eat small meals every so often, you need access to a decent amount of food so the deluxe plan wouldn't go to waste. I personally love the idea of knowing that if I don't feel like going to the restaurant, I could always use some of my unused credits for room service and with the deluxe there is plenty of credits to go around.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Wow you will be there the same times as us! Which days are your ressies? We are going to a lot of the same places.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #13
one2admire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I am going to Disney when I am 7 months pregnant. We will be on the deluxe dining plan. I am currently 3 months and have hypermesis gravidarum (excessive vomitting) and am on anti-nausea medication. I have food adversions galore. I am so picky about what I eat and I hate the smell of cooking food lol. Anyway, we chose to do the deluxe plan exactly for this reason and have already made our ADRs. However, who knows if we will stick to those if I am feeling sick but it's good to have the option. Which is why it's good to have the deluxe plan. Let's say you have to eat a little something but no one else is hungry, you could always get your snack option or maybe CS. Then when it's time for your TS and you aren't feeling well or are too full, you could have it wrapped up for later. Or the other members of your party could get dinner while you decide to go back to the room for room service, which is 2 dining credits. With the deluxe plan you have alot of options. And if you have to eat small meals every so often, you need access to a decent amount of food so the deluxe plan wouldn't go to waste. I personally love the idea of knowing that if I don't feel like going to the restaurant, I could always use some of my unused credits for room service and with the deluxe there is plenty of credits to go around.
Great advice.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #14
one2admire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
Wow you will be there the same times as us! Which days are your ressies? We are going to a lot of the same places.
I'm going off memory here:
10/23 - D: Teppan Edo
10/24 - B: Chef Mickey's L: H & V D: Flying Fish
10/25 - B: 'Ohana L: Crystal Palace D: California Grill
10/26 - B: Tusker Houst D: Boma
10/27 - B: Cape May D: 'Ohana
10/28 - B: Boma D: Narcoosee's

I think thats all of them.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #15
one2admire
Mouseketeer

The aversions have gonna away. Thank God they seem temporary, with the exception of crab, my favorite, it still makes me a bit queasy. So, we'll maybe sticking to our plans since I haven't had much nausea the past couple days. The smaller portions definitely helped. Of course, things can change with in the next week or so.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: