Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #121
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Fabulous zoo pictures! How nice of a day to have seeing all the animals.

Loved the attempted escape of these guys....

Old 11-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #122
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Thanks

Those little guys were so cute and naughty
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #123
Stefy

Hello All

How are we doing?

Sorry for the lack of updates, really bad I know. But works been busy etc etc.

I will get some updates up this weekend though, so stay tuned

In the meantime, changes have been made to next years trip. We are now going to be coming earlier in September arriving on September 14th 2011 (anyone else going to be there at that time?), second we have changed resorts and are now going to be staying at the Polynesian instead of AKL (reasons why to come later on in the report). Thirdly, we also decided to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan as we loved all the Signature Restaurants this year and want to do them again next year.

So that's our news. Now all we got to do is book our flights and the Cruise and we are good to go

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #124
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

I'm finally here! Loving the TR! Looks like you had an excellent first day! Riding on the trolley down Main Street looks like so much fun - I must remember to do that on a future trip.

Very cool that you're booked to visit Disneyland Paris so soon!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #125
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleOrville View Post
I'm finally here! Loving the TR! Looks like you had an excellent first day! Riding on the trolley down Main Street looks like so much fun - I must remember to do that on a future trip.

Very cool that you're booked to visit Disneyland Paris so soon!
Yay you made it over You haven't missed much as I am waaaay behind right now.

The trolley ride was fun and you should defo do it on your next trip

We can't wait for DLRP, so excited to see all the new things and the Christmas decorations too
Old 11-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #126
Stefy

Hey everyone, so I think its about time that we get down to Day 2 so here we go

Day 2 - Friday October 1st
It was an Animal Kingdom day today. We were still quite tired from the night before and slept a little later this morning as we weren't that fussed about making rope drop. I think we made it to AK at around 9:30am which wasn't too bad.

Our first stop was Kilimanjaro Safaris to get some FP's then we made our way over to Expedition Everest which was a 5min wait

Love this ride, it was still 5mins after we came off the first ride, so on we went for a second

I looked at the guide map and saw that Finding Nemo was due to start soon and it was only round the corner, so off we went to find a seat.

That's the only pic I got as we both wanted to watch rather than take pics. Overall its a good show, but I started to get a little bored at the beginning and was worried I wouldn't enjoy the rest, but it did get better towards the end.

After Nemo we made our way back to Asia to grab a FP for EE and then wandered back over to Africa to catch a ride to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

The train ride was quite cool, but they need to do more with the scenery other than covering up the backstage areas.

This guy was pretty cool, wish I could have said the same for the CM. He just stood there, didn't explain anything and looked bored.

Our main goal here was to get a pic with this guy

We also looked at some of the exhibits, but it was a bit too busy to really look and read

We made our way back to go and explore AK some more, but at this point it started to get really busy, so we went to Kali to grab a FP and headed back to the resort for something to eat as we really couldn't deal with people/stroller dodging.

Cntd...

Last edited by Stefy; 11-14-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #127
Stefy

...cntd

We chanced a walk up at Kona and were seated straightaway. Our server was very cool, but crazy. She loved that it was Dave's birthday and came out with this before she had even taken our order.

Love this

She also convinced Dave to "treat" himself to a cocktail, so he went for one of these babies

First up appetisers, we got the Kona wings to share (you can't get these on their own anymore, only to share).

Mains were Kona Club Sandwich for Dave

and Stir Fried Asian Noodles for me

Dave says his sandwich was very good, had alot of meat and was very fresh tasting. The noodles were very good, esp the sauce went very well with the veg and noodles.

Dessert was Kilauea Torte for me, Dave was too full from his lunch and dessert at the beginning of the meal.

The torte was lovely, the sauce was warm and rich and the sponge soft and light.

Had to get a pic of this on the way out

Appetites sated, we made our way back to AK. Taking some pics along the way.

Cntd...
Old 11-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #128
Stefy

...cntd

We used our FP's for Kali. We didn't get soaked on Kali this time, which was a shame as I was all prepared to get a soaking. We grabbed another FP for Kali to ride again later and headed on over to Everest to use our FP's.
How cute is this little guy?

It was still pretty busy and we fancied a drink so we went to Tamu Tamu Refreshments for some water and a frozen coke.

Then it was on to Africa to ride KS.

The camera died after a while, which sucked. But all in all a good ride and I am sooooo glad they got rid of that shaking bridge. Hated that part.

After KS we went to Dinoland to check out the carnival games. Dave won himself a big black bat and me one of those sea serpent thingies. Dinoland is cool, but is dated and needs some modernisation and better prizes too.

It was also nearing to our ADR at Boma so we made our way out of the park to catch the bus to AKL. The line for the bus was huge and there were about 5 EVC's or whatever they're called which held up everything and everyone, we ended up getting on the second bus that came there were that many people! By this time I was also starting to get a bit grouchy as the crowds from the park and then the bus stop fiasco were giving me a headache. We finally made it to AKL and checked in at Boma. By this time my legs were aching so badly and my head throbbing we ended up leaving and taking a cab back to the Poly. Dinner that night ended up being from Captain Cooks and our entertainment an episode from Smallville.

All in all not a bad day and our system for the FP's worked out quite well. Before we left for lunch we had accumulated quite a few FP's so when we came back the crowds weren't too bad to handle because we could just walk on to the rides that we wanted.

Next up Day 3. Shopping!!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #129
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow! You really made great use of FPs that day!! LOVE Dave's shirt! I remember when you posted that in your PTR! So awesome! Where did you find it again? Tom would LOVE one!

MMM, Pina Colava! I don't know HOW you had room for dinner at Boma after that giant lunch! Those wings looked like enough for the whole meal!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #130
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Just read through your whole report and am enjoying it immensely. What a great time you guys are having.

Congrats on the trip to DLP in December. What a dream trip.

Loved the looks of your dinner at CG. Your lunch at LTT looked good, except for the turkey, not a turkey fan, but the burger looked delish. And your lunch at Kona looked heavenly. I just told my DH that we need to go there in March again when we are back. Yummmmo.

Please keep up the great job.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #131
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great job on getting all the fast passes and avoiding long lines everywhere. You got some great scenery shots at AK--something I forget to do a lot of the time.

Your lunch at Kona looks really good.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #132
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great new update, Stefy!

I love how much you were able to do in one day and your use of FP! Love to hold more than one set myself!
Great photos of AK!

Wonderful food photos of Kona! But I am stunned you managed all that food!

Sorry about the headache, but what a good idea to just go back to the resort and relax!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 11-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #133
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Your system for fastpasses really did work well. I'm going to have to try that myself sometime.

The food at Kona looks so good. I have to admit that I've only ever eaten there for breakfast, never for lunch or dinner. Looks like something I may have to try in the future.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #134
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Great update Stef! You really made great use of the FP system. I can never get it right! Looks like you had an awesome day at DAK. I have never ridden Kali so next year, it is a must!

I'm sorry that you didn't feel well.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #135
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

You got some really great pics at AK. I like the park but it always seems so hot there and crowded that we never stay more than a few hours. The food at Kona looked tasty, that is one of the places I plan on trying our next trip.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: