Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #106
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hi, Stefy. We had a great weekend (I finally got an update done after not having one done since our Halloween Party...it's so hard to keep up with everyone's reports and keep yours up-to-date too). We spent a good majority of it cleaning...but it was good cleaning...all those things you don't do on a weekly basis (fixtures, windows, etc.). Sore from it all today but feel good that we got it done.

Can't wait to see the Zoo pictures and your next update.
Sounds like you had a productive weekend, must get round to your TR want to see your updates and hear all about the Halloween Party
Old 11-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #107
Stefy

Weekend Update

Evening All

How was everyone's Monday, back to work after the weekend. Yawn!

It is ffffreeezing here in London at the moment. Walking to work was awful, windy and rainy, I nearly got blown away like Mary Poppins with my umbrella! Not fun and I think there is still worse to come

Enough weather talk. I thought I would share what we did at the weekend (if you don't mind). We decided to go to London Zoo as I recently read about the new baby gorilla that was born at the end of October. So we put those AP's to use and got ourselves out for the weekend. Won't go into too much commentary for you, so here are some pics

First things first, gotta get my peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks

Waiting for the Zoo to open.

The Gorilla house was our first stop as we wanted to catch a glimpse of the new baby before the crowds picked up.

Mama gorilla was fiercely protective of her little boy and the only time we saw the baby was when she kept moving to high areas out of view of everyone. Can't say I blame her. but from what we did see he was a small little thing, tightly clinging to his mum. If anyone is interested there is a video of them both here.

ZSL Baby Gorilla

We love watching the gorillas, so fascinating. This one seemed a bit bored so was just pottering around trying to amuse herself.

Apparently this guy went outside and started beating his chest (I was inside watching mama for a glimpse of baby).

It was funny watching the Lioness as she was watching the little ones (kids) intently.

Isn't he a handsome fella.

Cntd...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #108
Stefy

...cntd

These guys were so cute, pic isn't that great because they were on top of their box hugging the lightbulb, bless em.

I love watching the giraffes.

Cntd...

Last edited by Stefy; 11-08-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Posted double pic, changed.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #109
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great photos, Stefy! You got some real good shots there!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 11-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #110
Stefy

...cntd

These last few pics are mostly of trees as walking down this part you really notice how beautiful Autumn can be, all the vivid colours etc.

You wouldn't think we were in a Zoo in London from this pic would you.

Had to get a pic of these two cutey lovebirds

Next up lunch
Old 11-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #111
Stefy

I have always wanted to try this place out. Only a few steps from the Zoo exit. Its called The Feng Shang Princess and is a floating boat restaurant (doesn't move though).

This was our view.

I'm wearing my Disney Couture Tiger Lily top I scored from GF. I got a Tiana one too. Its a collection inspired from the Art of the Disney Princess book by Glen Keane. There are other designs but I can't find them anywhere online and they are sold out on the Disneystore.com

Appetisers - Shanghai Ribs and Prawn and Mango sauce egg rolls

Main Course - Sweet & Sour Chicken, Shredded Chilli Beef, Fried Chicken Noodles.

Dessert - Ice cream with strawberry sauce and chocolate pearls on the left and Caramel ice cream with chocolate pieces on the right.

Not a bad day out if I do say so
Old 11-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #112
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great photos, Stefy! You got some real good shots there!
Thanks, although credit has to go to Dave for most of them. I took the last few pics of the day i.e. lunch and the tree pics
Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #113
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great shots at the zoo, Stefy. I'm with you--I love watching giraffes (by far my favorite animal and WHY I want to stay at the AKL one day). You and Dave are just too cute.

Your lunch looks marvelous. Unfortunately, our trees that looked like that, have been barren for two weeks now and are in bags in my garage.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #114
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Thanks, although credit has to go to Dave for most of them. I took the last few pics of the day i.e. lunch and the tree pics
Then, .......... well done, both of you!
I cannot believe that in 30 years of regularly travelling to London I have never made it to London Zoo!
Guess when I get back there it needs to go on my list of things I must do!

The weather has been changing here too! It's getting considerably colder every day, but the colours of the trees on my way to work are still so beautiful! All shades of yellow, orange and red - just beautiful!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 11-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #115
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great shots at the zoo, Stefy. I'm with you--I love watching giraffes (by far my favorite animal and WHY I want to stay at the AKL one day). You and Dave are just too cute.

Your lunch looks marvelous. Unfortunately, our trees that looked like that, have been barren for two weeks now and are in bags in my garage.
Thanks

Giraffes (or raffees as I call them) are awesome aren't they. Weird looking, but also graceful and beautiful at the same time

I love how then bend to drink and their legs go or wonky looking

Can just imagine you yelling to Mark when you stay at AKL and see a giraffe go by your balcony

Our leaves are falling away and will be gone soon, then comes the colder weather and snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Then, .......... well done, both of you!
I cannot believe that in 30 years of regularly travelling to London I have never made it to London Zoo!
Guess when I get back there it needs to go on my list of things I must do!

The weather has been changing here too! It's getting considerably colder every day, but the colours of the trees on my way to work are still so beautiful! All shades of yellow, orange and red - just beautiful!
Autumn is really a beautiful time of year. Me and my dad were driving down past Buckingham Palace yesterday and the Mall with its tree lined pavements either side all golden, reddy orange. So pretty

Yes defo go to the Zoo when you come over again
Old 11-09-2010, 05:15 AM   #116
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

The London Zoo looks like fun. I can't believe how cold it is there already.
Great pictures!!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 11-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #117
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a lovely day! I LOVE your Disney shirt!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #118
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Loving your TR so far. We are going next fall and I can not wait after seeing your pics of MK all decorated. The food pics were great, everything looked so yummy I decided to put Cali Grill and LTT on my list for ADR's, we are doing the DxDP too!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #119
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Great day at the zoo! I love gorillas too! It does look cold there though.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #120
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
The London Zoo looks like fun. I can't believe how cold it is there already.
Great pictures!!
Thanks, it was a nice day out. The beauty of the passes is that we don't have to see everything in the Zoo on that day, we can always come back again as the journey isn't that bad to get to from home.

It is soooo freezing here and it doesn't help that its rainy and windy too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Sounds like a lovely day! I LOVE your Disney shirt!!!
Thanks Its also a great shape as well, it that it just falls on you and doesn't really cling. So its nice and loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Loving your TR so far. We are going next fall and I can not wait after seeing your pics of MK all decorated. The food pics were great, everything looked so yummy I decided to put Cali Grill and LTT on my list for ADR's, we are doing the DxDP too!
Hi and thanks for joining in

Halloween in Disney we think is the best time of year to go. The park looks amazing all decked out for Halloween and the parties are so much fun too. Are you going to one of the parties?

Great choices for restaurants, defo do LTT for lunch as its a nice break in the day. With Cali if you can't get a ADR in time for the fireworks, you can always come back later and show your receipt and they should let you watch the fireworks then

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Great day at the zoo! I love gorillas too! It does look cold there though.
Thanks We could have spent ages in the Gorilla house, but its so popular that they only let a few people in at a time at the mo because of noise control.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: