Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #91
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

I fully hold Karin responsible for this trip, she planted the seed in Stefs mind during her trip report.

Cali Grill was very good and will be tried again for sure. I have actually forgotten what we did some days and ate etc so im sorta reading along with the rest of you
Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #92
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
I fully hold Karin responsible for this trip, she planted the seed in Stefs mind during her trip report.

Cali Grill was very good and will be tried again for sure. I have actually forgotten what we did some days and ate etc so im sorta reading along with the rest of you
That Karin and Tom--such troublemakers!

You guys will have a blast.

Mark reads my TR as I write it because he forgets too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #93
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I am loving your TR!! It makes me so excited for our trip at the end of the month! It will be our first time to go to Disney!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #94
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You better be nice to me young man!!!
I got YOU a present in DLRP! Well, I go Stefy one too, but yours was way more trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
That Karin and Tom--such troublemakers!
Thank you, Kathy, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I just caught up here in time or .........................

By the way, Stefy and Dave,

Congratulations on booking your DLRP trip! Newport Bay is wonderful, you're going to love the view of the lake and the parks are just out of this world for Christmas!!!

Great updates, just got all caught up again and I promise I won't fall behind for the next week, then I need to take my kiddos to Vienna for a week and I wonder how much DIS I'll get to do!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 11-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #95
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
I am loving your TR!! It makes me so excited for our trip at the end of the month! It will be our first time to go to Disney!
I'm glad you are enjoying it There is loads of cool stuff still to come. You must be so excited, the first trip is always extra extra special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I got YOU a present in DLRP! Well, I go Stefy one too, but yours was way more trouble!

Thank you, Kathy, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I just caught up here in time or .........................

Congratulations on booking your DLRP trip! Newport Bay is wonderful, you're going to love the view of the lake and the parks are just out of this world for Christmas!!!

Great updates, just got all caught up again and I promise I won't fall behind for the next week, then I need to take my kiddos to Vienna for a week and I wonder how much DIS I'll get to do!
LOL i'm sorry!!! I will behave from now on but I thought that might get you out of hiding Though it was your TR that pushed her over the edge to book, you know she has been talking about it for months lol. I dont suppose you are in the area over christmas/new years?

Cant wait to see my present :D
Old 11-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #96
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL i'm sorry!!! I will behave from now on but I thought that might get you out of hiding Though it was your TR that pushed her over the edge to book, you know she has been talking about it for months lol. I dont suppose you are in the area over christmas/new years?

Cant wait to see my present :D
No need to be sorry, Dave! Mickey is very happy with me for pushing more guests through his European gates!

I know Stefy has been thinking about DLRP for a while, we did talk about it before you went on vacation.
Unfortunately Christmas/New Years at DLRP is not in our future, but I really hope you are doing a trip report and take us along for the ride!

I need to get your present wrapped and ready to travel, guess it will go in the mail on Tuesday! Hope you like yours and Stefy will like hers! Guess I better add one of the new park maps I picked up, so you can get even more excited - lots of new things to discover!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #97
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

WOW... Disneyland Paris.. I am jealous!

Still never ever been... every time I price it up, it just seems more cost-effective to hop on over to WDW .. but I will get there, one day!

Love the look of that hotel, it was designed by the same architect as the Yacht & Beach Club

It'll be perfect just after xmas too!

Happy weekend!

x
Old 11-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #98
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

That is excellent news that you guys have a Paris trip to look forward to!I've not long finished reading the unofficial guide to DLRP and I am sooo interested in going in the next few years! Part of the reason that inspired me in the first place was your halloween pictures from your previous trip!... But like Dave says the prices for the Disneyland hotel can get a bit crazy!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #99
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That is such exciting news about Disneyland Paris! I just came back from my first trip there in September and had such a good time. I can't wait to go back. You guys will have a great time. I have to say I absolutely loved Space Mountain there!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #100
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That is such exciting news about Disneyland Paris! I just came back from my first trip there in September and had such a good time. I can't wait to go back. You guys will have a great time. I have to say I absolutely loved Space Mountain there!
We much prefer Space Mountain in Paris, though I always smash my head off the harness repeatedly

2 rides I am looking forward to the most. Stitch live and Crushes Coaster :D
Old 11-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #101
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Yay for DLRP!!!!!

Part of me was hoping that you were going to post that you are coming to see me this Christmas!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 11-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #102
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We much prefer Space Mountain in Paris, though I always smash my head off the harness repeatedly

2 rides I am looking forward to the most. Stitch live and Crushes Coaster :D
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I totally smashed my head on Space Mountain, but still had a great time. Crushes Coaster was absolutely my favorite thing there. I could not stop laughing the entire time on the ride, it was so much fun!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 AM   #103
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Actually, there no longer are characters at LTT for dinner (they stopped that over a year ago).

Your dinner at Cali Grill looks great, especially that cake for Dave's birthday.

Your news for the trip to Disneyland Paris is wonderful.
Oh I thought the characters were still there.

We can't wait til next month, its been too long. Can't wait to see how different it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
You are going to have a great time, WDW is such a magical place. Make sure to get your first visit pins as well

Quote:

Lol, ooh presents I guess you are forgiven for falling behind then Although I am behind myself, haven't even started Day 2 yet.

We are so excited for DLRP and we do have you to thank for that, but also I am a bad influence too as we always talk about going back one day. I just bit the bullet and said lets go for Christmas.

Quote:
No need to be sorry, Dave! Mickey is very happy with me for pushing more guests through his European gates!

I know Stefy has been thinking about DLRP for a while, we did talk about it before you went on vacation.
Unfortunately Christmas/New Years at DLRP is not in our future, but I really hope you are doing a trip report and take us along for the ride!

I need to get your present wrapped and ready to travel, guess it will go in the mail on Tuesday! Hope you like yours and Stefy will like hers! Guess I better add one of the new park maps I picked up, so you can get even more excited - lots of new things to discover!!!
Its a shame we won't get to meet up with you guys, but maybe next year? As Dave is already saying he wants to go for Halloween.

Am excited to see what you got for us, although you are very naughty for buying us presents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
WOW... Disneyland Paris.. I am jealous!

Still never ever been... every time I price it up, it just seems more cost-effective to hop on over to WDW .. but I will get there, one day!

Love the look of that hotel, it was designed by the same architect as the Yacht & Beach Club

It'll be perfect just after xmas too!

Happy weekend!

x
It is more cost effective, but we really wanted to go back and see all the changes and whilst we nearly opted to pay OMG prices for Disneyland Hotel, my sensible cap came on at the last minute and we booked Newport, am very excited all the same to be staying here as the rooms look lovely and a lake view is always a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
That is excellent news that you guys have a Paris trip to look forward to!I've not long finished reading the unofficial guide to DLRP and I am sooo interested in going in the next few years! Part of the reason that inspired me in the first place was your halloween pictures from your previous trip!... But like Dave says the prices for the Disneyland hotel can get a bit crazy!
I just got Dave to dig out that book too. Am skim reading the tips at the moment, will most prob read properly nearer the time.

Disneyland Hotel prices are crazy, but if you catch it at the right time of year its not too bad.

Quote:
Ooh a September trip, did you go for Halloween? Bet it was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Yay for DLRP!!!!!

Part of me was hoping that you were going to post that you are coming to see me this Christmas!
Lol, don't you worry we will come over for a visit at some point. We can get our thinking caps on next year when we are at WDW.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I totally smashed my head on Space Mountain, but still had a great time. Crushes Coaster was absolutely my favorite thing there. I could not stop laughing the entire time on the ride, it was so much fun!
Space is awesome, but yes you do get thrown around a bit. I came off with the pinkest ears afterwards
Old 11-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #104
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of postage/update this weekend. Have been quite busy busy.

Went to London Zoo on Saturday which was fun. Will post some pics later

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #105
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of postage/update this weekend. Have been quite busy busy.

Went to London Zoo on Saturday which was fun. Will post some pics later

How was everyone's weekend?
Hi, Stefy. We had a great weekend (I finally got an update done after not having one done since our Halloween Party...it's so hard to keep up with everyone's reports and keep yours up-to-date too). We spent a good majority of it cleaning...but it was good cleaning...all those things you don't do on a weekly basis (fixtures, windows, etc.). Sore from it all today but feel good that we got it done.

Can't wait to see the Zoo pictures and your next update.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: