Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #76
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Amazing first day! I'm hoping to try California Grill on honeymoon

Not been to LTT since 1996 (!) when it was a character-meal.. I remember havng a Thanksgiving style dinner & it was delicious! must try it again one day

What is your exciting news.... !?

x
Old 11-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #77
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Fabulous 1st day! Sorry you were so tired at Cali Grill. I've eaten there once and loved it! You'll have to schedule it for your Disneymoon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #78
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

I Was literally falling asleep during that meal. Rubbing my face and eyes constantly and just not being as active as I'd have liked. Still the flatbread was ok, nothing special but I do remember the steak being very tender and juicy. We will definitely be eating here again next year. The view of Hallowishes was the BEST!, could see everything up there

I'll let her post the 'news' tomorrow morning since it's her idea.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #79
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

So not fair!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 AM   #80
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNLogansDad View Post
Bravo! Can't wait for day two already
I'll try and get some of it up tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Amazing first day! I'm hoping to try California Grill on honeymoon

Not been to LTT since 1996 (!) when it was a character-meal.. I remember havng a Thanksgiving style dinner & it was delicious! must try it again one day

What is your exciting news.... !?

x
LLT is still family style with characters for dinner, its just lunchtime that's not character. We tried dinner on our first trip and loved it, the food was good too. It was the first time I had experienced Disney mash (soft and creamy) and was obsessed for the rest of that trip with mash

Exciting news coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Fabulous 1st day! Sorry you were so tired at Cali Grill. I've eaten there once and loved it! You'll have to schedule it for your Disneymoon.
We defo will go for CG as we have decided to upgrade to the DxDP again

I don't feel so bad this time consuming lots of food as this trip I didn't put on any weight at all (which was a plus), think it was all the walking we did, burned everything right off. Now if only it could tone too

Quote:
So not fair!
I'm assuming that's to the exciting news? Don't worry its coming right up
Old 11-05-2010, 04:15 AM   #81
Stefy

We interrupt this trip report to bring you some breaking news!!!

We have been ever so naughty and last night we...
booked...
A Christmas trip to...

Disneyland Paris!!!

We are very excited as its been about four years since we were last there

We booked two nights at the Newport Bay Club staying on the Admiral Floor with a lake view. The hotel looks really lovely, very Yach/Beach Club esq.

Its gonna be a great mini break as its just after Christmas, there's lots of new things to see and experience and believe it or not I am actually looking forward to the weather at that time as it will make it even more authentic Am already preparing and browsing for coats and thermals
Old 11-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #82
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

That's not naughty ! That's really, really NICE!!!
Congrats - can't wait to read THAT trip report!!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #83
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
She is a bad influence on me, Disneyland Paris just never gets cheaper. I remember the last time we went we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and managed to get a huge discount/saving on the room. When we were pricing it up a few nights ago, we looked at staying 2 nights for new years eve/day and the price for tickets and hotel alone was £1700 / $2700. CRAZY amount of money so we decided against that lol. Should be interesting to see how much the place has changed as there are lots of new rides, restaurants and characters. We plan on eating at Walts on Main Street and Inventions.

I cant wait to take loads and loads of photos
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #84
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Such exciting news!!!!!! I am so happy for you both! Can't wait to hear all about that trip! Plus... it'll make waiting for your Disneymoon a little easier!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #85
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post

Disneyland Paris!!!

Fantastic!! I am soooo completely jealous and can't wait to hear all about it!

Delish looking food at Cali Grill -- so sorry you were knackered (LOVE that word by the way) to completely enjoy it. The view looks incredible! I love the looks of that chicken flatbread and had to read twice those were only your appetizers ..... the steaks look heavenly!!

Definately going to try and find a way to fit that in next trip.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #86
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
I'll try and get some of it up tonight
You're doing better than I did with my first TR I always had a day (or seven) between updates. They are time consuming! Keep up the good work
Old 11-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #87
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:

Disneyland Paris!!!
That's awesome!!! I was expecting another trip, but the Paris was a curve ball! When does that PTR start....or has it already?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #88
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

WOW! That's awesome!!! We had seriously considered Disneyland Paris for our honeymoon. The castle there is so beautiful. (Eddie Izzard does a skit about how people in the USA don't appreciate old things and other countries have buildings that have been around for thousands of years and we just tear them down as soon as they start looking old. Anyway, he got onto how Disney came to Paris and built a castle and they said "We better make it a bit larger, they'll actually got them here!")

So excited to see that TR!! Maybe we'll go there for our 10th anniversary!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #89
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Hi and

It is naughty really, as we shouldn't be going on short mini breaks right now, what with our wedding, moving out and the Disneymoon. But such is the Disney addiction

Stick around for the TR as I will defo be doing one when we get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
She is a bad influence on me, Disneyland Paris just never gets cheaper. I remember the last time we went we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and managed to get a huge discount/saving on the room. When we were pricing it up a few nights ago, we looked at staying 2 nights for new years eve/day and the price for tickets and hotel alone was £1700 / $2700. CRAZY amount of money so we decided against that lol. Should be interesting to see how much the place has changed as there are lots of new rides, restaurants and characters. We plan on eating at Walts on Main Street and Inventions.

I cant wait to take loads and loads of photos
I'm not a bad influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Such exciting news!!!!!! I am so happy for you both! Can't wait to hear all about that trip! Plus... it'll make waiting for your Disneymoon a little easier!
Its a great way to spend Christmas and is a small fix whilst we wait true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post

Fantastic!! I am soooo completely jealous and can't wait to hear all about it!

Delish looking food at Cali Grill -- so sorry you were knackered (LOVE that word by the way) to completely enjoy it. The view looks incredible! I love the looks of that chicken flatbread and had to read twice those were only your appetizers ..... the steaks look heavenly!!

Definately going to try and find a way to fit that in next trip.
Its gonna be so much fun. Am going to book our dining reservations tomorrow, just need to work out times and such first Get this, normal park hours are 9:30am at the mo and hotel guests can enter the park 2hrs before, meaning we get in at 7:30am!!!

I would highly recommend Cali the food is fantastic and the view is phenomenal to watch the fireworks.

Quote:
You're doing better than I did with my first TR I always had a day (or seven) between updates. They are time consuming! Keep up the good work
Updates take a while to actually put together, there's all the uploading and typing and making sure you don't loose what you typed etc So I tend to update more in the evenings when I get a chance, as lunch hours fly by too quickly for me

Quote:
That's awesome!!! I was expecting another trip, but the Paris was a curve ball! When does that PTR start....or has it already?
I think I might incorporate a mini PTR into this TR and the same for TR as the DLRP TR's on the UK Forum are weird, people update each day in separate threads, rather than posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
WOW! That's awesome!!! We had seriously considered Disneyland Paris for our honeymoon. The castle there is so beautiful. (Eddie Izzard does a skit about how people in the USA don't appreciate old things and other countries have buildings that have been around for thousands of years and we just tear them down as soon as they start looking old. Anyway, he got onto how Disney came to Paris and built a castle and they said "We better make it a bit larger, they'll actually got them here!")

So excited to see that TR!! Maybe we'll go there for our 10th anniversary!
Stick around for the TR, I am sure it will convince you to defo go sooner, if not for your 10 Anniversary

I still prefer Cinderella's Castle to Sleeping Beauty's, but it is pretty and you can actually go inside this one properly and also see the dragon at the bottom too
Old 11-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #90
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

LLT is still family style with characters for dinner, its just lunchtime that's not character. We tried dinner on our first trip and loved it, the food was good too. It was the first time I had experienced Disney mash (soft and creamy) and was obsessed for the rest of that trip with mash
Actually, there no longer are characters at LTT for dinner (they stopped that over a year ago).

Your dinner at Cali Grill looks great, especially that cake for Dave's birthday.

Your news for the trip to Disneyland Paris is wonderful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: