Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #46
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

wow great start to MK Day!we loved the opening show too, DBF couldn't believe how much effort was put into opening the park! trolley ride and dapper dan's singing happy unbirthday, pixie dust must've been in the air!

weird coincidence but one of our quotes of the holiday was DBF Singing in a creepy voice
'never underestimate the importance of ...body language...boom boom boom boom boom' accompanied by a weird shimmy dance! so was happily surprised when i saw your title!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #47
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Reading about your entrance into MK gave me chills! Such a magical way to get down Main Street!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #48
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Steffy, I love your start at the MK. And how cool that you got to ride the trolley car and then have Dave be serenaded.
It was something new and a first. Am really glad we hopped on

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
wow great start to MK Day!we loved the opening show too, DBF couldn't believe how much effort was put into opening the park! trolley ride and dapper dan's singing happy unbirthday, pixie dust must've been in the air!

weird coincidence but one of our quotes of the holiday was DBF Singing in a creepy voice
'never underestimate the importance of ...body language...boom boom boom boom boom' accompanied by a weird shimmy dance! so was happily surprised when i saw your title!
Lol, it is a catchy song isn't it and quite good for a villains one

It was a fantastic first MK Day and the opening is so much fun, it really gets you going ready to take on the park. Defo alot of effort but well worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Reading about your entrance into MK gave me chills! Such a magical way to get down Main Street!
Even though its slow it was a nice ride taking in Main Street and all its sights and smells
Old 11-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #49
Stefy

Day 1 Continued

Where did we leave off, ah yes we just left the Dapper Dan's to head over to...

To grab a FP for SM, snapping a few pictures along the way...

When who should we bump into but none other than...

Our first Character of the trip After catching up with Stitch we grabbed our FP's for Space and then headed on over to Fantasy Land.

Checked out the construction going, can't wait to see how the new Fantasy Land turns out.

First ride of the day was...

Then...

Next up was Dave's fav...

Then on to ride The Regal Carousel, or whatever its called these days.

Hate seeing the attractions all covered up like this.

Next up was Peter Pan, love this ride. So cute flying over London and Neverland.

All of Fantasy Land was walk on and we were done in less than an hour. Gotta love getting there early.

Next up was another walk on for...

Cntd...
Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #50
Stefy

...cntd

Some artsy shots

Had to get a stocks picture, doesn't he look cute

We also bumped into Frontier Donald, but only got pics on Photopass. He looked all cute in his Davy Crockett outfit. We had these Japanese girls behind us who went nuts for him when it was their turn, bless them.

It was time for a rest and something to snack on, so we headed on over to Sleepy Hollow to try for the first time some...

It was delish Although we had to share as it was just too huge for one.

After our snackage we went to check out BTMR which was walk on, we also grabbed a FP for later on afterwards. Then it was on to...

We rode with this old couple who were really sweet and had been coming to Disney for years. We got soaked, but not from the drop noooo, we got soaked from another logs back splash. I don't think you really get wet on the drop anymore, its mostly just before the first climb.

Then it was off to Pirates, but not before hopping in line to get a picture with Pirate Goofy (again on PP), he looked quite cool in his pirate garb. They should have another alternating character dressed up to hang in that spot with Goofy, like Daisy or Minnie as a Pirate Princess. Pirates was a 10min wait after that, but I don't we waited that long, everyone was taking the left hand entrance and we went for the right. Turns out it really is the right entrance to go for as we walked all the way round straight onto a boat

Our FP's were ready for SM so off we trekked to Tomorrowland, catching the Move It Shake Parade along the way.

We didn't take many pictures as we were on a mission to get to Tomorrowland through the big crowd that had formed.

I still don't like Space even after the refurb, I think this time it was worse. I kept smashing into the safety bar everytime we jerked and also kept hitting my arm Dave loved it though, he enjoyed watching the woman in front of us keep lifting out of her chair at certain points

After Space we browsed around the stores in Tomorrowland, I was soooooooo tempted to buy this "little" guy.

I have this pic as my background at the mo. Love it!

I settled on some Silver Minnie Ears instead.

Browsing done, we made our way over to Stitch's Great Escape for our first ride ever. I was a bit sceptical as I love Stitch but am not keen on rides that have things scurrying and such. It was an alright ride, the only thing I didn't like was when the restraints kept moving, it was like it was trying to bore into my shoulders, not very pleasant

Some more piccies

After Stitch we made our way back over to...

To hop on a Jungle Cruise. At some point beforehand we had grabbed a FP for this as the wait was 20mins long, but the line was right out the "door".

Cntd...
Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #51
Stefy

...cntd

After Jungle Cruise we had a hankering for a Raspberry Lemonade Slush, so off we went to Enchanted Grove.

We also had a FP for Buzz that was ready for use, so after our slush we took a spin at being Space Rangers.

My score was quite pitiful, so much so I didn't take a pic, this was Dave's...

Then it was back over to the other side of the park to check in for our Lunch ADR.

Can you tell it was starting to get really hot?

Up next: Where Did We Eat?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #52
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stefy, what a great update. You and Dave got so much done your first morning...I am simply amazed.

I am so happy that your FIRST character was your FAVORITE character (despite it being my least favorite character . The pictures are great.

I'm going to guess you ate at Liberty Tree Tavern.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #53
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Sounds like a stellar MK morning so far!! BTW, grrrr for you finding those ears day one morning. I was looking for THOSE particular ears from the moment we arrived and didn't find them until day 5!!! AND I LOVE the raspberry lemonade slush! My fav (non-alcoholic ) drink in WDW!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #54
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

You did so many things your first morning! I'm very impressed!

Love the Silver ears!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #55
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

looks like a fab first morning!

nice to see you both in one of the many tshirts you bought for the trip

loving those silver ears.. I'm deciding between the red/holly ones and those on my next trip.. might have to copy you and Nikki & buy the silver ones!

Emma x
Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #56
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Loving the updates!! I remember those silver sparkly ears from your FB/Twitter posts.... those are the same ones Ariana tried on!

We should have gotten them for her, they're so cute!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #57
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yay, Magic Kingdom on the first day! That's my favorite thing to do. Good start to the day. Looks like you guys got a lot of things done early.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #58
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stefy, what a great update. You and Dave got so much done your first morning...I am simply amazed.

I am so happy that your FIRST character was your FAVORITE character (despite it being my least favorite character . The pictures are great.

I'm going to guess you ate at Liberty Tree Tavern.
It really does pay to get there early and the crowds are quite manageable until it hits late morning around 11am-12pm ish.

It was cool that Stitch was our first character, he was lots of fun messing around. I asked if he was having a good day and told him to be good when we said goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Sounds like a stellar MK morning so far!! BTW, grrrr for you finding those ears day one morning. I was looking for THOSE particular ears from the moment we arrived and didn't find them until day 5!!! AND I LOVE the raspberry lemonade slush! My fav (non-alcoholic ) drink in WDW!
Lol, I love my ears. Got another pair later on in the trip which I also love. I think the sequin ones are the best, its a shame they didn't really have that many styles in the sequins though, would have snapped them all up

Garden Grove is a fav spot of ours to go to have a quick break. Its normally always quiet and its cool to people watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
Joining in!

You did so many things your first morning! I'm very impressed!

Love the Silver ears!
Thanks for joining in

I love that we were able to do all of Fantasy Land in the space of an hour, although we did miss out on Dumbo this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
looks like a fab first morning!

nice to see you both in one of the many tshirts you bought for the trip

loving those silver ears.. I'm deciding between the red/holly ones and those on my next trip.. might have to copy you and Nikki & buy the silver ones!

Emma x
Thanks Yep Minnie was the first tee of the trip, can't remember what I wore for our second day. But I bought nearly all of my tees on this trip, had to leave a few behind though for overpacking reasons

Oooh the Holly ones sound cool, you should get those because its festive and get the silver ones too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Loving the updates!! I remember those silver sparkly ears from your FB/Twitter posts.... those are the same ones Ariana tried on!

We should have gotten them for her, they're so cute!
Hee hee that was the pic I posted

They really are cute ears, maybe you could get them this year for Ariana

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yay, Magic Kingdom on the first day! That's my favorite thing to do. Good start to the day. Looks like you guys got a lot of things done early.
Thanks, MK on the first day is a tradition for us, kinda gets you all geared up for everything Disney
Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #59
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

What an awesome day one that the two of you had!

I have never ridden the trolly down Main Street and hope to get to do that some day!

It looks like you were able to get a lot done pretty quickly. I remember us texting when you got your funnel cake...I was so jealous!!!

I've not been on SM. For some reason, I just don't care for coasters in the dark. Sounds like I am not missing much?

So, did you have a hard time getting Dave out of Philharmagic? I know he really loves that attraction.

I can't wait to read more.....

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 11-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #60
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Hey Stefy, just wanted to stop in and say hi. Thanks for putting the link to here on your pre trip or I probably wouldn't have found it for another month or so. Been following along via my phone while at work and it's getting me all kinds of hype to go back......NEXT WEEK!

Keep the updates coming!

L8r,
-Rob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: