Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 PM   #31
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Count me in too!!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #32
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Just looked at my pics....3905!
That's on the ground floor right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
lovely first evening!

It's great when customs line is short isn't it.. last December, my sister & I weaved our way through the slow-moving families so that we didn't have to wait long at immigration! whereas when I went with DF's family.. we were in row 50 on the plane so had over an hour to queue through immigration ... learned to book seats as close to front as possible!

Polynesian looks beautiful.. I'm so looking forward to visiting there for our ADR at Kona Cafe... in 6 weeks time!

Emma x
Thanks for making it over

The past two times we have been Customs has been manic, so sitting closer to the front if you can is a must. As your in the Bubble they should let you off first after UC.

Ah Kona Cafe, felt liked we lived there on this trip, you'll see why later on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here! That's crazy about the guy in front of you! I totally may have said something.

Can't wait to here more.

It was horrible, I thought I was going to be sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Yeha you've started! arrival day seemed great! cool that you got your room request! I might go put on my Disney planning DVD now before bed, you've put me in a polynesian loving mood! can't wait to read more...
Hey stranger thanks for making it over

The Poly is just beautiful, the planning DVD doesn't do it justice I tell you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Hi! I am in! Need to go back and read, we are just back in our hotel room from the Halloween Party at DLRP!
Hey you thanks for stopping by, how is DLRP? I keep obsessing over it at the mo, but everytime I price it up I stop myself. Can you believe that it is the Eurostar that is making the price go up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
I'm in!!! Great update so far, I want to stay at the Poly SOOO badly! Can't wait to read more!

The Poly is an awesome resort and so convenient, you must try and stay there. I guess it helps that both our fav parks are Epcot and MK, so it really is a dream resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Count me in too!!

Lots more to come so stay tune
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #33
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the stinky man on the plane

How great of the ME bus driver to slow right down for the pictures!

Relaxing on the beach, what a great first night. Can't wait to read more!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #34
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

He was really disgusting, I really wanted to tell him to go to the bathroom and do something about his stomach but I don't think it's a great idea to get confrontational on a plane lol. Especially if you are stuck with them for hours and hours.

The driver was very cool about it, he practically stopped near the sign as we were going snap happy so that was cool. We haven't been able to get our own pics of the signs before as we have either sat too far back on the coach or it was pitch black out by the time we got there. Those love bugs were the only thing the cameras would focus on but we worked around it in the end

Dragging our selves down to Captain Cooks and then the beach was the perfect thing to do, we usually would order room service and just chill out because the flight does exhaust us. It was amazing just to stroll up and watch it, then walking just a few minutes to our room, this is where the fascination with the fireworks started

Last edited by Soopafly; 11-01-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #35
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
That's on the ground floor right?

No! Third floor, silly! Just down the other end, past the elevators...
Old 11-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #36
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know where you mean I like the little seating area outside the elevators, its like a mini concierge lounge, but without the food and drink options. We loved our location, we wouldnt change it for the world and believe me, there was a reason to change it coming up in the next few days
Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #37
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Sorry about the stinky man on the plane

How great of the ME bus driver to slow right down for the pictures!

Relaxing on the beach, what a great first night. Can't wait to read more!
I don't know what it is about me/us but we are jinxed when it comes to having to sit near people, we either get kickers (behind us) or weirdo's

He was going so slow he nearly stopped the vehicle, got a few horns from other drivers, but we didn't care we were experiencing the first part of arriving at Disney

It was quite pleasant that night, if not a little chilly, but a perfect end to it

Quote:
Oops, guess I was going by what a CM was telling us about layouts. That really is cool that you were down one end and we were the other
Old 11-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #38
Stefy

Title Explanation

Hey All

How are we doing today? Start of a new work week and month, be Christmas soon

Don't know if anyone was wondering about the title of this TR, but I thought I would explain a little.

This trip was so Halloween and firework tastic that we have decided it is our favourite time of year to visit. So much so that we are MNSSHP addicts and can't wait to do another party next year (hopefully). All throughout this trip we had a certain song stuck in our head. The Hallowishes one and the particular part that was constantly playing over and over was Ursula's song. We heard it whenever Hallowishes was playing, when someone else was humming/singing it behind us, just generally in our heads and even in World of Disney when they were playing that scene from The Little Mermaid. We couldn't escape it

So that's the story behind the title, nothing too interesting but something we wanted to share
Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #39
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I'm here, I'm here!

Great start to your trip- so glad that your Poly arrival was all it should be!

Can't wait to read the rest!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #40
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

OK I'm a bit late, but I have a decent excuse. I was in Disney World. Great start. Sounds like a good 1st night and a perfect way to deal with jet lag! Can't wait for more
Old 11-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #41
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I'm here, I'm here!

Great start to your trip- so glad that your Poly arrival was all it should be!

Can't wait to read the rest!
Yay, thanks for making it over

Update coming right up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
OK I'm a bit late, but I have a decent excuse. I was in Disney World. Great start. Sounds like a good 1st night and a perfect way to deal with jet lag! Can't wait for more
I guess you're excused Thanks for making it over
Old 11-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #42
Stefy

Day 1 - Thursday September 30th

Today was our first full official park day and boy were we excited, so much so we were up by 5:30am!!!

All dressed and ready to go, off we went to catch the Monorail to Magic Kingdom. This has always been a tradition to do MK first on our trip. It was an EMH morning, opening at 8am and we just about made rope drop. Which is now something we have to catch at least once every trip as I loooooooooove the Welcome Melody song. Dave had such a huge grin on his face bless, he was like a big kid

Once the park was opened we made our way inside. This has never happened before, but we were so excited to be there we didn't know what to do first. I spied the tram and said to Dave, it looks empty shall we go for a ride?

On we hopped for a nice leisurely ride down Main Street.

Just love Disney decorated for Halloween, looks so warm and colourful.

How cool is Stitch all dressed up as Woody. So wish we could have bought him home

These guys decided to jump on board and serenade us, which was really cool.

We made it to the Hub, thanked our driver (Wish I could have given him a sugar lump).

The Dapper Dan's very kindly posed for pictures.

They even sang A Very Merry Unbirthday to Dave, as it wasn't his birthday just yet

Up Next...Where did we go next?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #43
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

looks like a great start to an MK morning!

I've never been on the tram.. and with the Dapper Dans?! .. magical moment!

ps - I like why you chose the name for this TR! That's one of my favourite Disney songs... I love ones that 'tell a story', and Ursula is such a fab villain!
When DF & I are ever in the World of Disney store.. we always seem to here the 'Hawaiian Rollercoaster' song from Lilo & Stitch.. so that song reminds me of DTD!

Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 AM   #44
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
looks like a great start to an MK morning!

I've never been on the tram.. and with the Dapper Dans?! .. magical moment!

ps - I like why you chose the name for this TR! That's one of my favourite Disney songs... I love ones that 'tell a story', and Ursula is such a fab villain!
When DF & I are ever in the World of Disney store.. we always seem to here the 'Hawaiian Rollercoaster' song from Lilo & Stitch.. so that song reminds me of DTD!

This MK day was a really good one and started the trip off really nicely

We experienced lots of new things like the Dapper Dan's. Was really cool when they hopped on board and then sang to Dave

Man that song was in our heads throughout the entire trip, but we love it Ooooh Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride is our fav Lilo & Stitch song
Old 11-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #45
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Steffy, I love your start at the MK. And how cool that you got to ride the trolley car and then have Dave be serenaded.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: