Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #16
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Finally after 7hr30mins we touched down in Orlando We braced ourselves for the hour long wait at Customs, but to our surprise there was no line at all Think it might have had something to do with getting off the plane first

Off we trotted to our custom agent, together this time as we both live together now. Dave got through no problems, then it was my turn. I think my passport must have broken the computer as it froze somehow. But luckily after 5mins it was up and running and we were on our way.

We decided to collect our bags and keep them, rather than collect and drop, as we thought we got them we might as well keep them, rather than wait ages for ME to deliver it.

Manoeuvring 4 suitcases is not an easy job I tell you, esp when we hit the mob for the fake monorail. Man that place was packed, must have had two plane loads there or something.

After a short ride we made it to the main part of the airport and headed over to the ME desk. Nice short line, checked us in no probs and away we went. I didn't get a pic of the bus, must get that next time, but we did manage to snag the front seat behind the driver. Once everyone was on board we were off.

Awesomely the first stop was the Polynesian, this was where I started to get all giddy and Our driver was really cool he slowed right down to nearly stopping point so everyone could get a picture of this lovely wonder

Note the lovebug infested window, all everyone could get picture wise was them, kept focusing on the little critters. Funny fact for you, we hardly saw any lovebugs on this trip, which was weird. Must have been the heat, to hot to handle!

and then we saw this wonderful sign and knew we were nearly home

Once we arrived at the Poly we hot footed it over to Check In, but got a little confused as to where to go as there were signs for CL and Online Check In. A CM beckoned us over and checked us in. I asked if there were any third floor balcony rooms available and he rang and checked for us, said one was available. Keys printed and map marked we headed off to go find our LH. The CM showed us a nice short cut through Rarotonga. As we were walking along I thought I had better get the keycards out, so I searched and searched and then dumped my whole bag out to discover that I had lost the keys Dave had to leave me standing in the middle of the corridor whilst he ran back to GCH to look for them. Apparently we had left them on the counter and a CM had destroyed them, so they printed another set.

Key crisis averted we made our way to (now we arrived in the evening, this pic was taken on our resort day).

We discovered early on what an awesome location this LH is in. Minutes from GCH and a 5min walk to TTC. Our room was also at the end of the LH near the stairs which was another plus, meant we only had one person on one side of us.

Oblig door pic

Now I must confess, we weren't very forthcoming with the room pics, but let me tell you they are awesome, huge and v comfortable. My only qualm is that the lighting during the day isn't very good.

This was how excited I was, I even took a pic of the TV showing Barney from How I Met Your Mother

So once we were settled, we decided to head down to Captain Cooks to get some food. Gotta admit that I am not a huge fan of the place, doesn't have enough food options to choose from. But its good enough for a resort meal if you fancied it so.

The system was quite easy to use once you got the hang of it. We ended up ordering one meal as we weren't that hungry but thought we should eat something. We got the Aloha Pork Sandwich which was delish

Tummys full we wandered on over to the beach and grabbed a lounger to settle down and wait for Wishes. At this point I wasn't too fussed as I was knackered, but we said we would we watch it on the first night and watch it we did. We are firework converts now and love watching them and the music

We didn't go snap happy as we only had our phones.

Cntd...
Old 10-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #17
Stefy

...cntd

After experiencing Wishes for the first time we went made our way back to our room with big smiles and a warm fuzzy feeling in our hearts, ready for our first full day at the most magical place on earth. But not before stopping off at reception to see if we had any deliveries (Garden Grocer).

They came out with two gift baskets and our groceries, we had to ask them to get bell services to bring them over in the end as it was too much to carry.

They were such a wonderful surprise, we were well chuffed. Was a perfect start to our vacation.

We got a lovely basket from our good friends Sophia and Joe

We had some yummy chocolates, some cheeses, sauces and crackers and sparkling wine which tasted delish. Thank you guys again it was such a wonderful surprise

The other basket was Halloween themed from our other good friends Karin and Tom.

It was rice krispie Mickey overload, but very cool. A perfect way to start off Halloween Thank you again guys, was lovely of you to think of us

Next up Magic Kingdom in all its glory

Last edited by Stefy; 10-31-2010 at 03:39 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #18
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Excellent Welcome back and Im in for the TR! Great so far!
Thanks for stopping by Lots more to come, stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
Woohoo I'm in, can't wait to re-live the trip hehe
Hey you
Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow, what nice friends you have to send you those baskets!!

SCORE on the first seat behind the driver on ME! We always try to get those seats. Makes for the best pictures of the sign!

Can't believe the flight is over 7 hours!! When it showed 2 1/2 hours and you said "almost there," I was like The flight is only 2 hours TOTAL from NJ...well maybe a little more...

Oh Tokelau!! That's the LH we were in on our honeymoon! We had 3rd floor pool view too, but from your pic, I can tell we were further into the building. Wouldn't that have been funny if we were in the same room?!

Sounds like things went very smoothly for your arrival day (minus the key card mini-crisis) and so nice to end the first day with Wishes from the Poly beach!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #20
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the room pics (I do love the Poly) and the pictures from the beach. The best way to watch Wishes in my opinion (no crowds).

Love the gift basket from Sophia & Joe (can't wait until you meet them) and Karin & Tom. Wonderfu, wonderful people -- all four of them.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:44 PM   #21
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wow, what nice friends you have to send you those baskets!!

SCORE on the first seat behind the driver on ME! We always try to get those seats. Makes for the best pictures of the sign!

Can't believe the flight is over 7 hours!! When it showed 2 1/2 hours and you said "almost there," I was like The flight is only 2 hours TOTAL from NJ...well maybe a little more...

Oh Tokelau!! That's the LH we were in on our honeymoon! We had 3rd floor pool view too, but from your pic, I can tell we were further into the building. Wouldn't that have been funny if we were in the same room?!

Sounds like things went very smoothly for your arrival day (minus the key card mini-crisis) and so nice to end the first day with Wishes from the Poly beach!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!
They were naughty sending those gifts, but it made our night I love the Disboards, you can meet so many nice people on here. Weird thing, this place had kinda set a standard for me at Disney this year as I expected people at Disney to be like the Disboard people. Crazy I know

I felt a little bad that we were in the front when people with kids went by, but then I thought we got just as much right to sit there considering what we paid for this trip.

Tokelau is an awesome location. I forgot your room was there. What was your room number?

Everything went rather pleasantly, which is good considering I am a cranky one after plane rides. The duration is long, but its nothing compared to when we used to go Singapore every year, now that was long, 13hrs long to be more precise
Old 10-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the room pics (I do love the Poly) and the pictures from the beach. The best way to watch Wishes in my opinion (no crowds).
It was a nice location to watch them from, but we had some other better locations coming up later on

The Poly is such an amazing beautiful resort, so much so that we are going to switch back to this one from AKL for next year
Old 10-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #23
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that you made it through Customs quickly.

Glad that you liked the gift basket too!...

Looking forward to reading more.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm so glad that you made it through Customs quickly.

Glad that you liked the gift basket too!...

Looking forward to reading more.
We were so stunned that it was empty, if I could have taken a picture I would have. Just have to make sure we are off the plane early each time now
Old 10-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #25
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Just looked at my pics....3905!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 PM   #26
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

lovely first evening!

It's great when customs line is short isn't it.. last December, my sister & I weaved our way through the slow-moving families so that we didn't have to wait long at immigration! whereas when I went with DF's family.. we were in row 50 on the plane so had over an hour to queue through immigration ... learned to book seats as close to front as possible!

Polynesian looks beautiful.. I'm so looking forward to visiting there for our ADR at Kona Cafe... in 6 weeks time!

Emma x
Old 10-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #27
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here! That's crazy about the guy in front of you! I totally may have said something.

Can't wait to here more.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:48 PM   #28
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Yeha you've started! arrival day seemed great! cool that you got your room request! I might go put on my Disney planning DVD now before bed, you've put me in a polynesian loving mood! can't wait to read more...
Old 10-31-2010, 07:13 PM   #29
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi! I am in! Need to go back and read, we are just back in our hotel room from the Halloween Party at DLRP!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #30
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!! Great update so far, I want to stay at the Poly SOOO badly! Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: