Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #151
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

What an amazing experience at CRT!!! Sounds like a lovely evening! I can't believe your luck with that table... perfect!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #152
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

You guys sure did luck out with that fantastic table by the window and your pics of the fireworks came out so good too !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #153
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Your dinner at CRT sounds like it was amazing. That was so sweet of him to do that with the glass slipper!
Thanks The slipper was a total surprise and really sweet and he chose the perfect time and restaurant to give it to me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
We had the exact same seat at CRT in 2007!

Taken from our seats...

So mad the person who took this pic decided to squat!! Grrr, I wanted the background, silly!

Anyway, glad you were able to see the fireworks! That looks soooo awesome! And did Dave have that glass slipper arranged for you!?!? How awesome is he?!
Its such a great table right, secretly I think all the two tables are in the best locations (as you will see later on in the report).

The fireworks were awesome and to see them up close was amazing. Disney fireworks are like my new favourite thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Awwww, you have a glass slipper! How very sweet, I had no idea you could do that! Ariana was reading your update along with me and she absolutely loved the fireworks over the carousel.

What a wonderful CRT dinner! That's the first time I've seen Ariel there. I'll have to remember that tip about getting the signatures on the invitation - that would be a lovely keepsake.
Me either, was a wonderful surprise Watching the fireworks over the carousel was pretty cool and it was also cool seeing where some of the fireworks are actually set off too.

That's the first time we have ever seen Ariel for a picture. Defo use your invite for signatures, is a really cool souvenir to take home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stefy, what an AWESOME update. What a nice surprise from Dave. And how sweet of Joe and Sophia for their lovely surprise too. We've never eaten at the Castle and I'm not sure we will, but I sure enjoyed seeing your photos with the Princesses and your meals. Your firework pictures are terrific...what a great table you got.
Thanks They were lovely surprises and that cake and slipper was delish, although I almost didn't want to eat the slipper it looked so perfect

You should defo try CRT, the food is average for what it is (but still good all the same), we just really wanted to eat there for the experience of being inside the Castle and it was fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
What an amazing view from your table!!! I can't wait to eat there next month!!! I will have to remember to get the signatures on the invitation. That is a great idea!
It really is worth the 2TS, just to be able to eat inside the castle is amazing and if you snag a fireworks time adr even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
What an amazing experience at CRT!!! Sounds like a lovely evening! I can't believe your luck with that table... perfect!
Thanks We really lucked out with the table. Wonder if our luck will stay the same for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
You guys sure did luck out with that fantastic table by the window and your pics of the fireworks came out so good too !
Thank you, can't wait to go back again
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 AM   #154
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

We were about an hour into the meal and there was no sign of the slipper so I was starting to freak out lol. Sophia was the one who helped me order it and I know she was told it would be there when we got to our seats, so when it wasn;t I panicked!

I 'excused' myself and ran downstairs (yes, ran) to the check in desk and asked about it, they told me it was on the reservation and they would remind our server (who was brilliant by the way, she was friendly, helpful and very good at making us feel relaxed. I just can't remember her name now). I didn't think I would enjoy myself at all but the meal was good, the experience was great and I got a cool sword to keep as well :D
Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 AM   #155
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Hey guys, good morning from disney world! I'm sitting out on the balcony right now with a cup of coffee (waiting for everybody to get their butts out of bed) and just got all caught up. The glass slipper was so awesome and I would have been loosing it if it wasn't there too but the way they brought it out looks like it couldn't be more perfect. I can't wait to see more updates! You guys are making it easier for me to not skip out on a bus by myself and wait for everybody else to catch up at the parks :0)
Old 11-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #156
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

What a wonderful night!! - made extra special by the fireworks and romantic touches I ordered the chocolate slipper for DGrDs b'day lunch and she LOVED it.
We have lucked into that table (and the one next to it) many times - in fact when the kids and I were seated in the back corner last summer, we didn't complain for a moment - we reminded ourselves how much the families at 'our' window tables were loving their view.
I'll have to remember about that engraved glass slipper - DSon-in-Law is also very romantic and would love to surprise DD with a gift like that. You two remind me of them - too cute!! Loving the TR and the pics.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #157
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNLogansDad View Post
Hey guys, good morning from disney world! I'm sitting out on the balcony right now with a cup of coffee (waiting for everybody to get their butts out of bed) and just got all caught up. The glass slipper was so awesome and I would have been loosing it if it wasn't there too but the way they brought it out looks like it couldn't be more perfect. I can't wait to see more updates! You guys are making it easier for me to not skip out on a bus by myself and wait for everybody else to catch up at the parks :0)
Hiya how is the World? Bet it looks beautiful all decked out for Christmas

I would have been the same too if it was the other way round, but then knowing me I would ring the day before to make sure that everything was going ok being all control/planning freaky

Hope you are having a great time, make sure you let me know when you start your TR when you get back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
What a wonderful night!! - made extra special by the fireworks and romantic touches I ordered the chocolate slipper for DGrDs b'day lunch and she LOVED it.
We have lucked into that table (and the one next to it) many times - in fact when the kids and I were seated in the back corner last summer, we didn't complain for a moment - we reminded ourselves how much the families at 'our' window tables were loving their view.
I'll have to remember about that engraved glass slipper - DSon-in-Law is also very romantic and would love to surprise DD with a gift like that. You two remind me of them - too cute!! Loving the TR and the pics.
Thank you It really was a special night.

Your DSiL should defo look into getting the slipper engraved for your DD, she will love it and its so romantic
Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #158
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Looks like you guys had just an awesome experience at CRT. The photos you took of the fireworks are just amazing. I have never seen any like that before so they were just Wow! What a great time it must have been.

Loved the slippers. How romantic.

Thank you for sharing this special night.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #159
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Looks like you guys had just an awesome experience at CRT. The photos you took of the fireworks are just amazing. I have never seen any like that before so they were just Wow! What a great time it must have been.

Loved the slippers. How romantic.

Thank you for sharing this special night.
Thank you and thank you for reading along

The firework pics came out quite well, we don't have a SLR yet but the setting we used came out pretty well. I think at one point though the restaurant put the lights back on and we got a glare, but it wasn't too bad.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #160
Stefy

Disneyland Paris

Hey All

Hope we are all doing ok.

So I thought that I would incorporate a PTR for DLRP into the thread. Have just got off the phone with dining and made our reservations. So excited

I'll do dining first and then let you know day by day what we are hoping to do.

For arrival day dinner will be at

Walt's American Restaurant

Quite looking forward to eating here as it's in the Disneyland Park (MK) and apparently you can get a good view of the parade if you are seated near the window.

Next up for Day 2 is

Inventions

A character buffet with an amazing array of food. Dave showed me some pics from someone's review and the food looks soooooooo good!

Last up for departure day is a personal favourite of ours

Cafe Mickey

Looking forward to eating here again and also seeing what new characters will be wandering around.

So that's dining all sorted out. We added a meal plan on in the end as when we worked out for paying OOP it was too expensive, although either way is, at least we save some money with the plan

Will try and get a day by day plan down for you soon

Last edited by Stefy; 11-15-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #161
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stefy, the plans look great for your meals. Can't wait to read your plans for your mini trip to Paris.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #162
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Eek, I'd be so nervous an hour in and nothing arriving yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
..... and I got a cool sword to keep as well :D

I'm so excited for your Disneyland Paris trip and can't wait to hear more!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #163
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Eek, I'd be so nervous an hour in and nothing arriving yet!

I'm so excited for your Disneyland Paris trip and can't wait to hear more!
I was pretty happy I got a sword lol, I didn't think I would get one :D

I am excited for Paris now because I have just been looking at character hunt type websites and they have Angel from Lilo & Stitch cartoon series in the parks!!! She looks awesome so we will try to grab her for a picture. Oh and they have Elvis Stitch, Dance party stitch (headphones etc), Cowboy Stitch and Santa Stitch

They have loads and loads of Stitch merchandise so I am thinking we need bigger suitcases as we were just going to take our Disney World ones, but seeing what I have seen, we will need lots more room :D

Also Robin Hood as well, been waiting aaaaages to get a pic with him
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #164
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Finally had a chance to get caught up- your trip is going so well!

Hadn't given much thought to CRT before, but now you've got be thinking I should give it a try!

I don't know anything about DLRP, so it's very interesting to hear details of your trip planing!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #165
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Hey All

Hope we are all doing ok.

So I thought that I would incorporate a PTR for DLRP into the thread. Have just got off the phone with dining and made our reservations. So excited

I'll do dining first and then let you know day by day what we are hoping to do.

For arrival day dinner will be at

Walt's American Restaurant

Quite looking forward to eating here as it's in the Disneyland Park (MK) and apparently you can get a good view of the parade if you are seated near the window.

Next up for Day 2 is

Inventions

A character buffet with an amazing array of food. Dave showed me some pics from someone's review and the food looks soooooooo good!

Last up for departure day is a personal favourite of ours

Cafe Mickey

Looking forward to eating here again and also seeing what new characters will be wandering around.

So that's dining all sorted out. We added a meal plan on in the end as when we worked out for paying OOP it was too expensive, although either way is, at least we save some money with the plan

Will try and get a day by day plan down for you soon
I love your plans for dining! I didn't get to do any sit down restaurants while we were there except for the two that were in our hotel. Every time we passed Cafe Mickey, they were jammed full of people! Definitely taught me that I need to prepare better the next time I visit. I was very out of my element having never been there before.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: