Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #136
Iluvtink1327
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR!!! I'm getting super excited for our upcoming trip! DH and I are Steph and Dave too!

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #137
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Sounds like a full day! Your AK time looked fun. We need to get back to Rafiki's. Sorry you had to miss your Boma dinner, but you probably made the right call. No reason to force yourself to sit through a meal you don't feel like eating when you are on vacation! Hopefully you got a good night's rest and are feeling great for Day 3
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #138
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

looks like a lovely AK day! I like all the scenery photos you took.. it's such a photogenic park!

Is Dave's tshirt from Uniqlo? It's a bit like the one I've got DF for our upcoming trip!

Hope you're having a good weekend

Emma x
Old 11-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #139
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wow! You really made great use of FPs that day!! LOVE Dave's shirt! I remember when you posted that in your PTR! So awesome! Where did you find it again? Tom would LOVE one!

MMM, Pina Colava! I don't know HOW you had room for dinner at Boma after that giant lunch! Those wings looked like enough for the whole meal!
Thanks Dave's tee is cool. We got it from Uniqlo when they were going Disney crazy with their clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Just read through your whole report and am enjoying it immensely. What a great time you guys are having.

Congrats on the trip to DLP in December. What a dream trip.

Loved the looks of your dinner at CG. Your lunch at LTT looked good, except for the turkey, not a turkey fan, but the burger looked delish. And your lunch at Kona looked heavenly. I just told my DH that we need to go there in March again when we are back. Yummmmo.

Please keep up the great job.
Thank you and

We can't wait for December, so excited to be going to Disney at Christmas.

The food options for lunch at LTT are great, you will love it there :thumsbup2

Kona Cafe is awesome for both breakfast lunch and dinner, so defo try it out next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great job on getting all the fast passes and avoiding long lines everywhere. You got some great scenery shots at AK--something I forget to do a lot of the time.

Your lunch at Kona looks really good.
Thank you, AK is a beautiful park to snap away in esp with Everest in the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great new update, Stefy!

I love how much you were able to do in one day and your use of FP! Love to hold more than one set myself!
Great photos of AK!

Wonderful food photos of Kona! But I am stunned you managed all that food!

Sorry about the headache, but what a good idea to just go back to the resort and relax!
Thanks I must confess that it was a plan we stumbled on for the FP's, we grabbed them when we could and were planning on eating lunch and staying there the whole day, but the crowds were just too much. When we came back it was awesome to be able to use our FP's and ride whenever we wanted, made the crowd levels more bearable then.

We still missed out on alot, like FotLK and the trails and alas we never went back again on this trip

It was alot of food, but because of all that walking around in AK we worked up an appetite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Your system for fastpasses really did work well. I'm going to have to try that myself sometime.

The food at Kona looks so good. I have to admit that I've only ever eaten there for breakfast, never for lunch or dinner. Looks like something I may have to try in the future.
Yes we will defo do the same if its get's busy again like that. Really worked out.

You must try Kona at least once for lunch and dinner, it really is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Great update Stef! You really made great use of the FP system. I can never get it right! Looks like you had an awesome day at DAK. I have never ridden Kali so next year, it is a must!

I'm sorry that you didn't feel well.
We must go on Kali next year then, esp if it's hot

It sucked getting a headache so early on in the trip, lucky we bought Nurofen (painkillers) along with us, so those helped. But Boma is back on our list for next year having missed out this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
You got some really great pics at AK. I like the park but it always seems so hot there and crowded that we never stay more than a few hours. The food at Kona looked tasty, that is one of the places I plan on trying our next trip.
Thank you It really was crowded this year, which was disappointing as I was prepared for them, but not for so many people. I was getting visions of it being like our Christmas 08 trip all over again

Defo try Kona, great service and great food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvtink1327 View Post
Loving your TR!!! I'm getting super excited for our upcoming trip! DH and I are Steph and Dave too!

Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you and

How spooky that we both have the same names

Not long now til your next trip, where are you guys staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Sounds like a full day! Your AK time looked fun. We need to get back to Rafiki's. Sorry you had to miss your Boma dinner, but you probably made the right call. No reason to force yourself to sit through a meal you don't feel like eating when you are on vacation! Hopefully you got a good night's rest and are feeling great for Day 3
Rafiki's was cool, but we spent most of time lining up for one character, was so crazy. We saw Pocahontas and Rafiki too, but their lines were super long.

I tell you, my headache at the time and my legs were killing me and to top it off there were no seats in the waiting area, I had to perch on the arm of one them. It was a shame we missed out on Boma, but like you say there was no point in going in if you weren't going to enjoy, is cool though as we will defo do it next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
looks like a lovely AK day! I like all the scenery photos you took.. it's such a photogenic park!

Is Dave's tshirt from Uniqlo? It's a bit like the one I've got DF for our upcoming trip!

Hope you're having a good weekend

Emma x
Thanks. It was fun taking all the pics of AK, such a beautiful park

Dave's tee is from Uniqlo yes, we bought so many from there this year

Our weekend is going great thanks. Been lazy bears for most of it, catching up on this and that. Been watching lots of films too, so far we have watched Clash of the Titans and Killers, still got Law Abiding Citizen to watch, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia too. How's yours going?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #140
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Thanks. It was fun taking all the pics of AK, such a beautiful park

Dave's tee is from Uniqlo yes, we bought so many from there this year :laughing

Our weekend is going great thanks. Been lazy bears for most of it, catching up on this and that. Been watching lots of films too, so far we have watched Clash of the Titans and Killers, still got Law Abiding Citizen to watch, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia too. How's yours going?
ooh is that the Blurays of B&tB and Fantasia? they are on my Christmas list lol
Mine has been ok... got some more studying done, ordered bridesmaid dresses & out for a meal last night for FMiL's bday!
xx
Old 11-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #141
Stefy

Yep, can't wait to see how BatB look and have never seen Fantasia before so looking forward to watching that too

Sounds like your having a good weekend too, I saw on your thread that you have ordered your bridesmaid dresses, not long to go now
Old 11-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #142
Stefy

Day 3 - Saturday October 2nd
Shopping day today!!! I woke up early this morning and decided to let Dave sleep in a bit, so I sat on the balcony for a little while. Was lovely and peaceful, if not a bit chilly, to just sit and relax.

Dave woke shortly after and went out to get breakfast.

Tonga Toast and a Mickey Waffle. Dave says the TT was awesome, but soooo filling. My MW was awful, tasted like it had been cooked 2hrs ago

We got ourselves ready and hopped on a bus down to DTD to catch a cab to Mall at Millenia. A shorter ride than the last time we cabbed it. Really does pay to catch one from DTD.

We arrived at MaM shortly after opening, Dave had to brace himself as this mall was mostly for me and he knows what I am like when I am in my shopping element

We hit Macy's first where I picked up some Baby Phat jeans, then on to Ed Hardy where Dave scored a few tee's on sale. We hit up alot of shops that day, but my main purchases were a Juicy tracksuit, jeans from American Eagle, a charm from Pandora and some gorgeous hoop earrings from Swarovski.

We had lunch in the food court from the same place as last time, yummy.

Then it was on to Prime Outlets for Dave, where he did quite well. Scored some jeans from Calvin and a few tees from Ralph and Tommy. We also treated ourselves to a strawberries and cream frappa from Starbucks.

After shopping we went back to the resort for a short siesta before getting ready to go to dinner at MK.

Dinner tonight was at...

We were a bit early and couldn't check in just yet, so Dave went off to take some pictures.

Finally we were called and given our invitation to diner with Cindy.

We had our photo taken, Cinderella loved my top and was very happy that I wore it. We got the photo here and I will scan it when I get a chance.

Cntd...
Old 11-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #143
Stefy

...cntd

After we had our picture taken we sat down in this cute little alcove to wait for our name to be called.

Our name was called and up the stairs we went.

Our table was in the best spot ever!!! Right next to the window overlooking the carousel.

Our cute menu

Our server was lovely and told us a great idea for a scrap book memory. She told us to get the princesses to sign our invitation. Awesome idea and we got siggies from all of then.

We ordered our food and then the princesses came out for their meet and greet.

First up was Snow White, she was really nice and cute.

Then Aurora, she loved my shirt too

Then Ariel stopped by, she was too cute giggling away and playing with her hair.

and last, but not least, my fav princess Belle

Then our server came out with our drinks and some bread, or that could have been beforehand, can't remember now.

Our photos were also dropped off and came in this cute little presentation frame/booklet.

Starters

Dave went for the cheeseboard and loved every bit of it. Which is strange for him as he's not really a cheeseboard kinda guy (that all changed after this meal).

I went for the salad, but there was a weird dressing on there that I didn't like, tasted like cumin or something (like liquorice which I hate!)

Cntd...
Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #144
Stefy

...cntd

Then the lights dimmed and Wishes began. I didn't expect to be able to see the fireworks at all being that it goes on above you, but let me tell you if you ever score this table you are in for a real treat. We saw the fireworks go off from the sides and above the carousel. Best view ever!!!

I had to show this one as it shows how bright it was.

These ones are from my phone.

Then out came our main course. Dave went for the roasted beef tenderloin.

I went for the fried chicken and substituted the macaroni for mash.

The chicken was delish and went really well with the mash (god I love Disney mash). The beef tenderloin I am told was very good, but a bit on the lukewarm side.

Our plates cleared, our server came back with a big silver dish, placed it front of me and this was what was underneath.

I was so surprised, it was beautiful and on the bed of roses so romantic, it's also engraved with the words "Dave & Stef Together Forever". My baby knows how to make me smile bless him But the surprise didn't stop there, she came back with this...

The lovely Sophia and Joe had also bought us a Cinderella Slipper Dessert on a sponge bed. I was so surprised, I loved it having always wanted to try one of these bad boys. Thank you again for this, you were very naughty, but it was sooooooooo good, chocolate, sponge and strawberries, Yum-Mee!

We also still had our meal desserts to come, so we asked our server to box up the slipper as I wanted to savour each bite of that slipper.

Cntd...
Old 11-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #145
Stefy

...cntd

For dessert Dave went for the Creme Caramel.

I went for the Chef's Dessert Trio

Dave wasn't a big fan of his dessert, but I think its because he didn't really know what creme caramel was bless him. Mine was delish and just right being on the itty bitty side

This night was so special and by far the best meal of the whole trip (IMO). We asked our server to take a pic of us.

It was an EMH night and we were excited to experience MK late at night. We stopped off at Sir Mickey's and I picked up my black sequin Minnie Ears I had seen earlier. Love those ears, can't wait to get more next year and see what they got in DLRP

Took a few night pics before wandering over to Frontierland

Our table from the outside.

We caught a little bit of the MEP. I must confess that we never actually watched the MEP

It was sooooooo busy that night and I was started to droop. So Dave said to call it a night. Took a few more pics on the way out.

I can't believe how busy it was.

Isn't he just goofy

All in all we had a fantastic time that night, CRT was an awesome dining experience, made even more special by the fact that we got an awesome table and those wonderful surprises from Dave and Sophia and Joe. Can't wait to go back and see if we manage to score the same table
Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #146
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Your dinner at CRT sounds like it was amazing. That was so sweet of him to do that with the glass slipper!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #147
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

We had the exact same seat at CRT in 2007!

Taken from our seats...

So mad the person who took this pic decided to squat!! Grrr, I wanted the background, silly!

Anyway, glad you were able to see the fireworks! That looks soooo awesome! And did Dave have that glass slipper arranged for you!?!? How awesome is he?!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #148
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Awwww, you have a glass slipper! How very sweet, I had no idea you could do that! Ariana was reading your update along with me and she absolutely loved the fireworks over the carousel.

What a wonderful CRT dinner! That's the first time I've seen Ariel there. I'll have to remember that tip about getting the signatures on the invitation - that would be a lovely keepsake.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #149
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stefy, what an AWESOME update. What a nice surprise from Dave. And how sweet of Joe and Sophia for their lovely surprise too. We've never eaten at the Castle and I'm not sure we will, but I sure enjoyed seeing your photos with the Princesses and your meals. Your firework pictures are terrific...what a great table you got.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #150
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

What an amazing view from your table!!! I can't wait to eat there next month!!! I will have to remember to get the signatures on the invitation. That is a great idea!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: