Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #106
norybell
DIS Veteran

Wow, what an AMAZING day! I can't believe you got to be in the parade! That's sooooooo cool! And free dessert? Sweet!

How was your food at Y&Y? I've eaten there twice now, and once it was really good and once it was really bad, so I'm totally on the fence with that place.

One of these trips, I'm actually going to go to an AK evening EMH, just cuz it looks so cool at night!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #107
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Wow, what an AMAZING day! I can't believe you got to be in the parade! That's sooooooo cool! And free dessert? Sweet!

How was your food at Y&Y? I've eaten there twice now, and once it was really good and once it was really bad, so I'm totally on the fence with that place.

One of these trips, I'm actually going to go to an AK evening EMH, just cuz it looks so cool at night!
It was an awesome day! Definitely one we won't forget!

We have eaten at Y & Y I think three times now and have always had a good experience. I would love some of that sweet & sour chicken right now! It's definitely one of my favorite places to eat!

AK is amazing at night! I'm so glad we finally got to be there for PM EMH, there was NO ONE there!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #108
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Woho for seeing the pictures of your perfect day after hearing about it weeks ago! (Can you believe it's been weeks already? Yesh!!!)

I'm so happy you had such a special day after a couple of pit-stops prior to that!

Can't wait for more!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #109
KatMark
DIS Veteran

to you and Lumar, Ali. How fun is that. In 20+ visits, we've never been picked for a parade or anything. What a great experience. Mark is sitting here loving the look of those ribs at Yak & Yeti; last time he had the duck, but he has "ribs" on the brain now for the next visit.

That cheese danish at PM looks really good too.

Looking forward to more.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #110
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

That carrot cake cookie is on my list of "must try" because of reading about it on the DIS too. I think if we decide to see Fantasmic we will do the Fantasmic Pkg, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby, but I have to say DH would love that pork chop.
What great luck being picked as family of the day and getting to ride in the parade.
You guys sure had the pixie dust on your trip giving you such very special memories

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #111
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Woho for seeing the pictures of your perfect day after hearing about it weeks ago! (Can you believe it's been weeks already? Yesh!!!)

I'm so happy you had such a special day after a couple of pit-stops prior to that!

Can't wait for more!
I know!!!!! WEEKS!!!! It's so not fair! It's like when you wait in line for 80 minutes to ride RnRC and then it's over in 48 seconds. I need a FP for my next vacation! Only 325 day until we (hopefully) go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
to you and Lumar, Ali. How fun is that. In 20+ visits, we've never been picked for a parade or anything. What a great experience. Mark is sitting here loving the look of those ribs at Yak & Yeti; last time he had the duck, but he has "ribs" on the brain now for the next visit.

That cheese danish at PM looks really good too.

Looking forward to more.
I'm still in shock that we actually got to do it!

Lumar really liked the ribs from Y & Y. We've never had a bad meal there so I'm looking forward to going again next time!

The cheese danish was marvelous! Probably 2 days worth of fat/calories but it was worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
That carrot cake cookie is on my list of "must try" because of reading about it on the DIS too. I think if we decide to see Fantasmic we will do the Fantasmic Pkg, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby, but I have to say DH would love that pork chop.
What great luck being picked as family of the day and getting to ride in the parade.
You guys sure had the pixie dust on your trip giving you such very special memories
The carrot cake cookie is so worth it! So moist and sweet and wonderful!

We tried Brown Derby last year and I was less than impressed. We've eaten at Mama's 3 times now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The menu changes every year but we always find something on it that we like!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #112
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

yummmmmy....that carrot cake cookie looks so good....
so cool about your day full of pixie dust at AK...and great pics from the safari
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #113
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
yummmmmy....that carrot cake cookie looks so good....
so cool about your day full of pixie dust at AK...and great pics from the safari
It was good and it was HUGE! Like I said, we split it into 4 pieces and could only eat 1 each!

Thanks about the pics!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #114
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

joining in & great TR so far!
I am so glad that lady got a few steps in front of you before barfing! That could've been real ugly!
That is so cool that ya'll were able to be in the AK parade!!!! How many people can say they've been in a WDW parade!?!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 11-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #115
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
joining in & great TR so far!
I am so glad that lady got a few steps in front of you before barfing! That could've been real ugly!
That is so cool that ya'll were able to be in the AK parade!!!! How many people can say they've been in a WDW parade!?!

Thank you so much for joining in!

OMG if she would have tossed her cookies (wine) ON ME...That would have been VERY bad!

I am still so stoked that we got to be in the parade! I guess it just takes being in the right place at the right time! I would love to see someone's pics or video from that day so I could see what we looked like to the rest of the park!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #116
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Chapter 7: I Fall Asleep in the Haunted Mansion

We had an ADR for breakfast at Kona Cafe for 9:20, so we got up around 7:30. We actually made it to breakfast on time and were seated right away. We love Kona, and after the fantastic day we had yesterday at AK, we were still feeling silly.

Lumar told me he was exhausted, and I was too but wasn't trying very hard to conceal it so I had to sneak a pic of him:

I told him that today was going to be another great day, and he should put on his happy face, like this:

Our Lilikoi Juice came out and it was delicious, as usual. I wish you could buy this stuff in the grocery store!

Lumar ordered Steak & Eggs:

And I ordered Tonga Toast:

The plan for today was to head back to MK after breakfast and spend a couple hours there, then go back to CSR for a nap. After that, we would be heading to DTD for dinner at Planet Hollywood for 5pm, then going to see Cirque du Soleil at 9. After the show was over, we'd be heading back to MK for PM EMH which were until 3am.

Now, this is how you can tell I was worn out...NO pics from our time at MK this morning. NONE. ZERO. I did, however, take notes.

We arrived back at MK at 10:20 and saw a giant mob of people swarming into the park. I freaked out, thinking that we only had 2 hours to spend here and now we wouldn't get to do anything because of the crowd.

We headed to Pirates first and I was shocked that it was a walk-on. Next, we headed to Splash which was also a walk-on. At this point I'm thinking to myself that I know we just witnessed about 400 people rushing the gates to get in...so where the heck are they? Not that I really cared, but I was just curious.

As we left Splash and headed towards HM, I found the crowd. There was a giant mass of people in line to meet Woody & Jessie, and another line down a little bit further to meet Donald in his frontierland gear (complete with raccoon hat). We arrived at HM and again, walked on. Fight through the crowds was tough, but it seemed like people were just milling about...no one was actually headed anywhere.

So we get on HM and it's dark, and air conditioned, and relaxing....and before I know it, I'm half asleep trying to force myself to stay awake. I know I nodded off during the ballroom scene and I missed the attic scene all together. I woke up again when I was falling backwards into the cemetery.

When we got off, it was exactly 12:30 and I knew that even if we WANTED to stay a little longer, I wouldn't make it. I needed sleep. I think that when you have it in your mind that you'll be taking a nap, it makes your body that much more tired. Like, if I hadn't been thinking about taking a nap all day, I probably would've been fine to keep going.

So we head back to CSR and I fell asleep around 1:15.

Would I be able to get up again in time for dinner?? Stay tuned...
Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #117
jenny105
DIS Veteran

What exactly is Lilikoi juice? And kudos to Lumar for eating steak & eggs. I don't think I could do it that early in the morning!

You fell asleep on HM!!?!?!?!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #118
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

I LOL'd at Lumar's sleepy face.

I'm getting excited for the update about the rest of this day!!

(And, BTW, I need a fast pass for our next trip..which probably won't be until I'm done with school. Yuck, yuck, and more YUCK!!!)

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #119
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
What exactly is Lilikoi juice? And kudos to Lumar for eating steak & eggs. I don't think I could do it that early in the morning!

You fell asleep on HM!!?!?!?!
Orange, Guava, and Pineapple I believe! So freakin' good. I know they serve it at Boma, too but I think they call it Jungle Juice there...although I might be totally making that up!

Yes....yes I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
I LOL'd at Lumar's sleepy face.

I'm getting excited for the update about the rest of this day!!

(And, BTW, I need a fast pass for our next trip..which probably won't be until I'm done with school. Yuck, yuck, and more YUCK!!!)
He makes the best faces, I swear!

I can't wait to get to the rest of it! One of my favorite days!!!!!

I was wondering if you caught that about the FP! Seriously...I have 322 days until we go back (hopefully) which is 7,728 hours...so in Stand-By time, that's a 463,680 minute wait! I need a FASTPASS!!! LOL\

Oh and we looked into the whole DLR thing...it would cost us more money to go to DLR for 1 week than it costs us to go to WDW for TWO!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #120
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Orange, Guava, and Pineapple I believe! So freakin' good. I know they serve it at Boma, too but I think they call it Jungle Juice there...although I might be totally making that up!
They serve something called Jungle Juice at Tusker House too. I wonder if it's the same thing. I know there was definitely orange and pineapple juice in it but I can't remember about the guava!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: