Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #76
acejka
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a good day, minus the bickering and the barf... I hope that is the only barf you encountered this trip...
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #77
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Honestly, that CM was right... People throw up at WDW (and definitely at Epcot) more than you'd think. Overexertion + too much food + alcohol (at Epcot) + spinny/coaster rides = upset stomachs and lots of Voban.

But yay for a good day besides the bickering, "lost" camera, and the protein spill! Your Illuminations pics are awesome!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #78
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Ali. Your pictures of Illuminations are terrific (I'm very jealous). Lumar is going to have to have a contest with Grumpy for hat poses.

That is just SICK about the woman losing her "wine" right by you. I don't even know what to say about that.

Can't wait to hear about your Studios day (and another meltdown???).
Thanks, Kathy!

Lumar loves to put on silly hats...I actually HATE hats so it has to be something REALLY good for me to take part!

Thankfully, this will be the last meltdown (I guess instead of having them at the end of the trip like normal people, we did things a bit backwards!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymouse1 View Post
Great update! Gross about the vomit

Really, a guest strangled and bus driver??? That nuts!
yup...here's a link...it was on the news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pThw9MfDfN8&feature=fvst

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
YUM!!!!

(The food....not the vomit)

And I love your Illuminations shots.
The food was VERY yummy! The vomit...probably not so much! And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update!!

I'm surprised you didn't really like the orange slushie from France...I didn't know there was vodka in it! I can't do vodka by itself but if it's in a drink I don't mind it!

San Angel looks good, Brandon really wants to eat there but I'm nervous about it for some reason! Maybe our next trip!

Your Illuminations shots are beautiful! How did you get such great pics? Mine are always terrible!

Ew...that girl puking is just gross...you have to pace yourself in Disney!!! I'm fully prepared to be seeing things like this when I'm there this Saturday, since it's the last weekend and I'm sure people will be getting crazy!
I actually didn't like the margarita I got a couple years ago in Mexico, either!

San Angel is one of our favorites! Give it a shot! You won't be disappointed! It's definitely not Tex-Mex though!

I have a firewords mode on my camera that I finally learned how to use! More of them would have come out better if I had a mono or tripod but I'm OK with what I got!

Yeah the puke WAS gross. Although, I've been to the F & W Festival three times, multiple days each trip, and this is the first time I actually saw someone lose it. Hopefully you won't have to witness it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink813 View Post
Thanks for posting such a detailed trip report..thanks for sharing!!
I hope that wasn't sarcastic! Thanks for joining me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejka View Post
Glad you had a good day, minus the bickering and the barf... I hope that is the only barf you encountered this trip...
Sadly....no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Honestly, that CM was right... People throw up at WDW (and definitely at Epcot) more than you'd think. Overexertion + too much food + alcohol (at Epcot) + spinny/coaster rides = upset stomachs and lots of Voban.

But yay for a good day besides the bickering, "lost" camera, and the protein spill! Your Illuminations pics are awesome!
Ugh, seriously, I gained so much respect for the sanitation CMs on this trip. Probably the least magical job you can have at WDW and he was just so nice about it. You guys are appreciated!

Overall, it was a good day! And it get's WAY better!!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-08-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: fixing random typos =)
Old 11-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #79
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Ugh, seriously, I gained so much respect for the sanitation CMs on this trip. Probably the least magical job you can have at WDW and he was just so nice about you. You guys are appreciated!

Overall, it was a good day! And it get's WAY better!!
It was only non-magical when I had to clean up puke or blood. Aside from that, it was fine

Okay, I have to ask how much better! How much better?!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #80
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Your Epcot day sounded great until that girl had her accident

Sounded like something that would have happened to me.......btw DH and I are 99% sure we are changeing to Oct 23 to 30 next year, the weather does not seem all that much warmer than in November and crowds seem to be not bad either.

Loving your TR

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #81
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

just found your report. that is so good you found your camera. I would hate to lose mine while on vacation.

Ok the vomit story is gross.

Looking forward to more.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #82
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
It was only non-magical when I had to clean up puke or blood. Aside from that, it was fine

Okay, I have to ask how much better! How much better?!
Lots better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Your Epcot day sounded great until that girl had her accident

Sounded like something that would have happened to me.......btw DH and I are 99% sure we are changeing to Oct 23 to 30 next year, the weather does not seem all that much warmer than in November and crowds seem to be not bad either.

Loving your TR
The whole month of October used to be pretty quiet but now it seems that the secret is out! I will still go because it's my favorite time to visit and it's still not as bad as the summer time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
just found your report. that is so good you found your camera. I would hate to lose mine while on vacation.

Ok the vomit story is gross.

Looking forward to more.

Losing the camera was so nerve wracking! It's one of those times when you just keep thinking "this can't be happening!"

It WAS gross!

Lots more to come! Hopefully I can post another update tonight!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #83
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Let me just say 'ewwwww' for the drunk story. That would have made me throw up. And whoever saw me would've thrown up. We're talking chain reaction here!

How did you like San Angel Inn? I used to love it there until I went last year. We had terrible service and the food was meh. I'm wondering if they improved at all since then.

Nice hats!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #84
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Let me just say 'ewwwww' for the drunk story. That would have made me throw up. And whoever saw me would've thrown up. We're talking chain reaction here!

How did you like San Angel Inn? I used to love it there until I went last year. We had terrible service and the food was meh. I'm wondering if they improved at all since then.

Nice hats!
I'm surprised it didn't cause a chain reaction because I have a bit of a weak stomache, but I think I was just so surprised by the whole thing I didn't have time to be disgusted.

We've actually been going to San Angel since 1997 and have never had a bad experience.

Thanks lol
Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #85
2princesses2princes
Tav

That is disgusting!!!! But I can definitely see it happening. I am suprised I didn't see anyone sick while we were there. I have to admit my stomach feels sour just thinking about drinking and riding rides. Eeewww.

Your shots of illuminations are awesome, thanks for sharing them.

We have never eaten at SanAngel Inn, have considered it many times. There are just so many choices, we have our list and we slowly eliminate them until we get it down to 3. I could spend an entire week eating at Epcot and never get bored for sure.

Excited to hear your next day's report.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #86
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

I still LOL'd at your vomit story.

AND, I still love, love, love your first photopass pic!! I think it's perfect!

Looking at your pictures realllly makes me miss you guys.

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #87
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princesses2princes View Post
That is disgusting!!!! But I can definitely see it happening. I am suprised I didn't see anyone sick while we were there. I have to admit my stomach feels sour just thinking about drinking and riding rides. Eeewww.

Your shots of illuminations are awesome, thanks for sharing them.

We have never eaten at SanAngel Inn, have considered it many times. There are just so many choices, we have our list and we slowly eliminate them until we get it down to 3. I could spend an entire week eating at Epcot and never get bored for sure.

Excited to hear your next day's report.
Thank you! I love taking pics of fireworks but I wish I could get more good ones!

You and me, both! And especially during food & wine! So many things to choose from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
I still LOL'd at your vomit story.

AND, I still love, love, love your first photopass pic!! I think it's perfect!

Looking at your pictures realllly makes me miss you guys.
That poor girl...I was SO mad at first, and then totally grossed out, and then I felt really bad.

LOL I was literally crying like 2 hours before we took that! It's funny in retrospect but at the time I was so NOT in the mood to take that pic.

We miss you guys, too!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #88
norybell
DIS Veteran

What great Illuminations pics!

I must admit, once I threw up from drinking while at WDW. However, it was (a) many years ago; (b) directly after learning my little sister was engaged, while my BF (now DH) and I were having issues; and (c) in the toilet of my hotel room, so it didn't inconvenience anyone other than myself. Still, I'm not proud. Disney World is not a place for such things!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #89
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
What great Illuminations pics!

I must admit, once I threw up from drinking while at WDW. However, it was (a) many years ago; (b) directly after learning my little sister was engaged, while my BF (now DH) and I were having issues; and (c) in the toilet of my hotel room, so it didn't inconvenience anyone other than myself. Still, I'm not proud. Disney World is not a place for such things!
No need to justify it! It happens!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #90
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Update 11/10: The Meltdown at DHS

So on our 2nd official day at WDW, we woke up at 8am and prepared to for our day at Hollywood Studios! I actually had been slightly awake almost all night and when I finally fully consciousness, I found out why....

Between my feet and my legs, I had 6 mosquito bites! Three of them were on the very side of my right heel...like right where the foot meets the floor. I don't understand how I got bit there ONCE, nevermind THREE TIMES. But I could not stop scratching!!

Before we left, I cleaned up the room a little bit so that Mousekeeping could come in, and then we headed down to the Pepper Market around 9:30am. I had wanted to leave the room by 8:30 so we could get to DHS around 9:30 and head straight for FPs for TSMM....clearly that didn't go as planned. So even though I was a little bummed, I decided "you know what, this is vacation and I'm going to relax!" So we split our French Toast breakfast then headed to the bus stop.

We waited pretty much exactly 20 minutes for a bus (which was freaking me out internally since we were already "behind schedule), and we were finally on our way at 10:27am. I apologize in advance, but for some reason I hardly take any pics in DHS! I don't know why it works out that way but it happens on every trip!

Needless to say, by the time we got to DHS, all of the FPs for TSMM were gone for the day and the stand-by wait was 70 minutes. We decided we would just make sure we got here early when we came back to DHS later in the trip. Instead we made our way to Sunset Blvd for RnRC and ToT:

We got FPs for RnRC with a return time of 1:25pm and then waited in the stand-by line for about half an hour for ToT.

After our 13 story plummet, we headed to the Animation Studio for some drawing!

The character du jour was Stitch and I did save our drawings but I'm pretty sure they are still in my backpack....

By the time we got out of there, it was about 1pm so we decided to head to Pizza Planet for lunch. It was PACKED. I ordered 2 Pepperoni Pizza "Combo Meals." I was surprised to find that the "combo" does not include a drink.... It does, however, include a salad. In the past, it's always been a pretty yummy garden salad, and they had several types of dressing available. We were actually really looking forward to this whole meal, and it was kind of disappointing to find that the garden salad has been replaced by a Caesar salad. I HATE Caesar dressing and I wasn't sure what Lumar was going to think of it, so I got us chocolate chip cookies too.

Of course, we couldn't leave without playing some PoTC Pinball!

Lumar stopped at the cart outside so Lumar could buy this:

::Meltdown Alert::
After eating lunch, we began the trek back towards RnRC to use our FPs. I mentioned to Lumar that I had to use the restroom. He mentioned something about there being one near the Sorcerer's Hat or something and I have no idea why...maybe it was the heat...who knows...but I just kind of grumbled that I didn't care I needed to pee. I guess he didn't hear me so he asked "what?" and me, just thinking it wasn't important, said "nothing." He took that to mean that I said something negative towards him. I told him I was going to the bathroom and I turned to go in and he was mad about what he thought he I said so he just kept walking! I got out of the bathroom and he was no where around. He called me a few minutes later and told me he was at the restroom by ToT. I was so mad that he left me and kept going without me that I hung up on him. He finally finds me, we sit down on a bench and I burst into tears. I'm bawling because he "left me in a bathroom the middle of Disney World and that's not supposed to happen on vacation." So after about 15 minutes of this, with various elderly couples sitting down next to us only to get up awkwardly a few minutes later..., we finally collect ourselves and continue on with our vacation! Thankfully, this is the last all-out temper tantrum for this trip! Whew!

So it was 3:30pm by the time we finally headed over to RnRC to use our FPs. We still waited about 20 minutes to get on but it was way better than the 80 minute stand-by!

We stopped randomly for some Pin Trading at the Sorcerer's Hat before heading over to our favorite hidey-hole, The Writer's Stop. After hearing so much about it on The DIS, we needed to try a Carrot Cake Cookie:

It was AMAZING! And it's enormous! We were actually able to split it into 4 pieces and save 2 for later! Oh, and Lumar's crazy self got coffee! It was like 90° and he's drinking coffee! We actually hung out there flipping through books (and writing TR notes) until about 6:15pm, then headed over to Mama Melrose's for our 6:30pm ADR!

We actually checked in at 20 after and we were seated right away. I seriously LOVE this restaurant!

I kept taking random pics of Lumar while he was talking but I promised I wouldn't post them. But this is the Angry Face he gave me for taking them:

He tried to get back at me but it didn't work out so well:

For dinner, Lumar ordered the Oak Grilled Porkchop and I had the Carne d'Italia Flatbread:

After our fantastic dinner, we thought that maybe since everyone was going into the 7:30 Fantasmic show, that maybe the line for TSMM may have diminished a bit.

On our way there, we passed a CM who had drawn a Hopscotch board on the sidewalk. He told us if we could complete the board, we would win a sticker and a cookie. We know Lumar can't pass up an offer like that!

We finally make it to TSMM, to find that the wait is still 90 minutes. Defeated, we stop at the restrooms and relax at a table near the HISTK playground so I could make some notes. The plan was to get in line for the 9pm showing of Fantasmic around 8:15pm. Of course, when we got there the line was unbelievable. The street was reduced to one "lane" because the crowd took up the other...and it extended all the way down Sunset. So obviously, we weren't watching Fantasmic tonight!

We decided to head out but first, Lumar got a Pineapple bar and I stopped at Hollywood Scoops for a mint chocolate chip cone:

I took these before heading out:

Up next: The Best Day Ever!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: