Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #271
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ali, I so enjoyed your Trip Report and meeting you here on the DIS. I will keep my fingers crossed that a trip in 2011 will be possible, along with a house.
Thanks, Kathy! In the meantime, I'll just keep staring at the pics on the CSR thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I would LOVE to go through the guest without bags line. I look at it longingly every time I pass.

How about we be each other's support systems since we'll most likely both be skipping Disney in 2011?

Ugh, NJ is the same way as CT. Everything is so much money here. Rent, insurance, and every 20 miles there's a freakin toll!
We don't have tolls but there is construction on almost every highway. It's horrible

And yes, I agree about the support system! Every day is different...one day I am ready to cry when I think about not going back, and the next day I feel guilty for thinking about going instead of saving the money
Old 01-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #272
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Thanks, Kathy! In the meantime, I'll just keep staring at the pics on the CSR thread!

Or you can come visit on my PTR.
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #273
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Or you can come visit on my PTR.
OMG I certainly will!! I will go sub now!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #274
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry your trip has ended!

That's pretty cool that you're thinking of moving to Myrtle Beach!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #275
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
And yes, I agree about the support system! Every day is different...one day I am ready to cry when I think about not going back, and the next day I feel guilty for thinking about going instead of saving the money
Me too!!!! I know that feeling too well.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #276
norybell
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry your trip has ended! And that there might not be another until 2010. But if there ever was a good reason to skip a year at Disney, buying a house is it!

I'll be starting a new TR (about my October trip that was the same time as yours) as soon as I finish my current one, probably in a few weeks -- I hope you'll stop by and say hello!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #277
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I'm sorry your trip has ended!

That's pretty cool that you're thinking of moving to Myrtle Beach!
Me too! But all good things must come to an end!
I'm pretty sure that we've decided that's what we're doing. Every time I think about it, I get really excited all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Me too!!!! I know that feeling too well.
I know. It sucks to be us lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I'm sorry your trip has ended! And that there might not be another until 2010. But if there ever was a good reason to skip a year at Disney, buying a house is it!

I'll be starting a new TR (about my October trip that was the same time as yours) as soon as I finish my current one, probably in a few weeks -- I hope you'll stop by and say hello!
I'll pretend you said 2012 cuz I know that's what you meant!
Yes, 2012 seems like such a long way away! I'm still in that indecisive phase where I REALLY want to go WDW again in 2011 and I keep hoping we're able to make it...but then I feel guilty. I know that no matter what decision we make, I'm going to regret it for one reason or another.

I will definitely stop by! I'll be perusing the PTR boards in the coming weeks! Since my TR is over now, I can get back to reading about everyone else's lives!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #278
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Hey Ali! Great trip report as always. Not much potty break humor though?? I'm so sorry I haven't been a good disser and kept up as you went, I suck! 2012 isn't that far away. You will have to let me know when you start that pretrip report alright.

Take care!!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #279
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Hey Ali! Great trip report as always. Not much potty break humor though?? I'm so sorry I haven't been a good disser and kept up as you went, I suck! 2012 isn't that far away. You will have to let me know when you start that pretrip report alright.

Take care!!
It's OK, Nikki! Better late than never! And no - not much potty humor this time around! I'll try harder next time!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:21 AM   #280
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Thanks for sharing your trip Ali. I wish we had caught up at the World in October - who know? Maybe some other time.

Good luck with your move to SC. Uprooting can be hard but it is also a brand new adventure.

Blue skies to you!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #281
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip Ali. I wish we had caught up at the World in October - who know? Maybe some other time.

Good luck with your move to SC. Uprooting can be hard but it is also a brand new adventure.

Blue skies to you!

Thank you for reading, Sharon! And yes, you never know! We may be able to meet up at some point on a future trip that you might not be going on!

Yes, uprooting will be tough but I think I've got myself psyched up pretty good for it! I'm so sick of my apartment and so sick of all of this snow that I think I'm more than ready to go!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #282
2princesses2princes
Tav

Sorry I wasn't here for your final day post. It's been sad and crazy over here. You really ended your trip on a good note. I am so excited to hear about the plans to buy a house too. Moving is a difficult thing to do. I could never do it, but I have 4 kids that are extremely attached to their grandparents. But I am luck enough to have my parents and my inlaws within a few miles of me. My baby brother just moved to NC this past summer, so we'll be visiting him on our way home from Disney. It's been tough having him gone, but he's making a good life down there, full time teaching job already too.

Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of an overall fabulous trip to the WORLD, hope you'll stick around for my Trip Report. We leave one week from today!!! DID online check in last night
Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #283
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princesses2princes View Post
Sorry I wasn't here for your final day post. It's been sad and crazy over here. You really ended your trip on a good note. I am so excited to hear about the plans to buy a house too. Moving is a difficult thing to do. I could never do it, but I have 4 kids that are extremely attached to their grandparents. But I am luck enough to have my parents and my inlaws within a few miles of me. My baby brother just moved to NC this past summer, so we'll be visiting him on our way home from Disney. It's been tough having him gone, but he's making a good life down there, full time teaching job already too.

Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of an overall fabulous trip to the WORLD, hope you'll stick around for my Trip Report. We leave one week from today!!! DID online check in last night

Thanks for reading, Tav! And yes, I'm still following your PTR...just been mostly lurking. Yay for online check in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: