Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #151
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Spiderman has a pink cocktail named after him?

Dole whips. Drool. I wish I had one right now.

WL truly makes you feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere when you're actually across the lake from MK. That's my favorite hotel, I stayed there last year.

I love the Lion King shot in front of MK!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #152
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Love the Lion King picture!!

Cirque is great, but I HATE when people talk during shows...I always shush DBF if he tries to talk in the movies even
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #153
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Spiderman has a pink cocktail named after him?

Dole whips. Drool. I wish I had one right now.

WL truly makes you feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere when you're actually across the lake from MK. That's my favorite hotel, I stayed there last year.

I love the Lion King shot in front of MK!
It's a strawberry-banana smoothie but I see your point. I liked "Banana-Rama" better

I wish I had a Dole Whip right now, too.

I don't know how I feel about the WL. The pics I've seen of it are beautiful but I don't know if I could do a 20 minute bus ride through the woods get to DHS and AK.

I think the Lion King picture is going to define this trip. It might be on the cover of the scrapbook this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Love the Lion King picture!!

Cirque is great, but I HATE when people talk during shows...I always shush DBF if he tries to talk in the movies even
OMG Lumar does that all the time! Whether we're at the theater or watching a TV show or movie here at home...he insists on talking during whatever we're watching. And then he gets mad when I shush him! It drives me nuts!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #154
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I don't know how I feel about the WL. The pics I've seen of it are beautiful but I don't know if I could do a 20 minute bus ride through the woods get to DHS and AK.
It's not through the woods, lol. The WL is surrounded by trees, no doubt about it but once you go by the security gate, you're back to civilization. I love WL because it's quiet and doesn't feel like you're in the middle of WDW. You really do feel like you're in a national park or something. It's nice to come back to after a day in the parks.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #155
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
It's not through the woods, lol. The WL is surrounded by trees, no doubt about it but once you go by the security gate, you're back to civilization. I love WL because it's quiet and doesn't feel like you're in the middle of WDW. You really do feel like you're in a national park or something. It's nice to come back to after a day in the parks.
When we were on the bus that night headed over there on our way to the GF, I felt like we were surrounded by trees!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #156
2princesses2princes
Tav

I laughed so hard reading your latest report. I know those times, when it's so late you say do the craziest things. Great memories though. I loved all the pics, they are so fun. Love the crown on Lumar, great one. A bear in disney? it's your story and your sticking to it huh? Too funny.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #157
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princesses2princes View Post
I laughed so hard reading your latest report. I know those times, when it's so late you say do the craziest things. Great memories though. I loved all the pics, they are so fun. Love the crown on Lumar, great one. A bear in disney? it's your story and your sticking to it huh? Too funny.
Well I stuck to it for a few more days, until we found a CM who gave us a more reasonable explanation!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #158
norybell
DIS Veteran

Oh my, I would really like to eat everything pictured from your dinner. Right now. Please?

(Apparently I'm really hungry.)

MK EMH looks like it was really fun...I wasn't there for any when I was there in October, sadly -- that's the problem with short trips!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Ali, just stopping by to wish you and Lumar a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #160
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Oh my, I would really like to eat everything pictured from your dinner. Right now. Please?

(Apparently I'm really hungry.)

MK EMH looks like it was really fun...I wasn't there for any when I was there in October, sadly -- that's the problem with short trips!
I know! I'm sitting here eating Subway and thinking that I could really go for some WDW food instead!

Funnily enough, when we used to go to WDW for only 1 week, we would never do EMHs either! We literally had to extend our trip to 10 days to be able to enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ali, just stopping by to wish you and Lumar a wonderful Thanksgiving.
To you and Mark, as well!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #161
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Chapter 9: Time Spent in Lines Today: 205 minutes

That breaks down to about 3 hours and 42 minutes just WAITING.

Side note: Sorry folks, for that long hiatus! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Lumar and I spent yesterday cleaning the apartment so we could get the Christmas tree up, but by the time we finished cleaning we were exhausted. Today, we weren’t home most of the day (went to see the new Harry Potter movie!!) so it will get put up tomorrow.

As far as my trip report goes, when I last checked in with you guys, Lumar and I had just narrowly avoided a bear attack and fell asleep sometime around 3:30am.

On the morning of Sunday the 24th, the alarm clock went off (after only 3.5 hours of sleep) at 7am. We were supposed to be going to breakfast at Cape May Café.

That did not happen.

Pretty much, from today on….you can just throw out the itinerary I had posted in my PTR. What ends up actually happening is similar to the original itinerary…but not really.

OK so we finally get out of bed at 9am, decided to skip breakfast, and headed to DHS at 10am. We stopped for lunch at Rosie’s All American, where I had a cheeseburger and fries and Lumar ordered chicken nuggets and fries. I was so hungry that I actually forgot to take pics. But I’m sure you can imagine a cheeseburger, nuggets, and fries.

Fair warning…for some reason, I never takes pics at DHS and today is no different, so bear with me.

After eating, we headed over to ToT but it had a 40 minute wait so we decided to wait and come back later in the day. RnRC had an 80 minute wait so we got FPs for it. Truthfully, even though we still hadn’t gotten to ride TSMM on this trip, my only goal for today was to see Fantasmic. Other than that, I didn’t really care what we did. So we did a lot of mindless wandering and some shopping.

Around 1:30, we finally made it over to Pixar Place and this is what was waiting for us:

We decided to get in line to meet Buzz & Woody, to see if the line would clear up a little bit.

Now, tell me truthfully if this has ever happened to you…..You say something that’s common, everyday, terminology…but as it’s leaving your mouth you know it’s wrong and your brain just can’t figure out why it’s wrong. That’s what happened to me here. This was our conversation:

Me: Wow…100 minutes…..I really don’t want to wait that long.
Lumar: No, me either….but what else are we gonna do?
Me: (Looking around) Well we could go in here (points to the Meet & Greet building across from TSMM)
Lumar: For what?
Me: To meet Buddy and Wooz
Lumar: (Blank stare)
Me: What?
Lumar: To do what?
Me: To meet Buddy and W…. ohhh….I mean Woody and Buzz. I KNEW that sounded wrong coming out but I couldn’t figure out why!
Lumar: Uh….huh…..

So we get in the 15 minute line and when we get to the front, we discover that it’s only Buzz, but that’s acceptable because we’ve never met him before.

By the time we got out of the Meet & Greet, the line for TSMM increased to 110 minutes. So we kept wandering, eventually stopping at Studio Catering just so we could sit down and I could take some notes.

When I was done, we headed back to ToT, which had a 20 minute wait. So we got FPs instead and headed to The Sorcerer’s Hat for some pin trading. The parade was starting, so we decided to try TSMM again to see if the line would be any shorter. It was still 110 minutes. We really didn’t want to stand in a line for that long but we figured if it took the full 110 minutes, we would get out of there around 4:45 and our ADR at Sci-Fi was for 4:50, so we decided to just wait. It ended up being only 80 minutes, but probably because a lot of people kept leaving the line. I was winning all the way until the last two levels and then Lumar pulled ahead and won:

We checked in at Sci-Fi at 4:40 – a full ten minutes early which is phenomenal by our standards. Of course, THEY were running behind, so we were seated at 5pm. I have no complaints about the food in general…but their menu is just so limited. I wish they would either change it, expand it, or both.

I had the ribs and a fantastical Oreo milkshake:

And Lumar ordered two appetizers as his meal; the onion rings and 7 Bean and Beef Chili:

For dessert, we had the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cake (which was probably the best part of the meal, aside from my Oreo milkshake):

Again, not terrible and the food was fine….but it’s just not my favorite place to eat.

Moving on….. After dinner, we used our FPs to ride RnRC then used our FPs for ToT. By then it was 7:25 and since I was determined to get into Fantasmic tonight, we headed to the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater to get in line for the 9pm show. We were talking about how crazy it was to line up 90 minutes early for the show, but when we got there, we found that there were already a few groups of people waiting. I made Lumar stay with the mob while I went to Hollywood Scoops for my favorite: Mint Chocolate Chip Cone (it just tastes better in Disney World!)

They finally let us into the theater at 8:30pm and we got PERFECT seats! Right in the middle of the Mickey section (center stage), no poles, no overly exaggerated tall people in front of us. Just perfect…Disney perfect!

So between the 90 minutes for Fantasmic, the 80 minutes for TSMM, the 15 minutes for Buzz, and the 20 minutes to be seated for dinner...we waited for 205 minutes. I don't know if that's good or bad but it's an interesting way to look at things. Or maybe I'm just exhausted and need to go to sleep....

So, aside from missing breakfast at Cape May (which I’m still sad about because I really wanted to go there, we did everything we set out to do and had a great Disney day!

Coming up next: Back to Epcot, and we finally solve the “Bear Mystery!”
Old 11-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #162
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Ali. Sorry you missed Cape May for breakfast (it is our second favorite character breakfast). Your food looks yummy at Sci Fi (I love the onion rings that Lumar ordered). I love the picture with Buzz!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #163
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Just make sure that you guys go to Cape May next time!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #164
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG that is so weird you said Buddy and Wooz...I said the same thing when we were there, every time we walked by their little meeting area I thought about meeting them but it looked like the line was so long and one time my brain got all messed up and I said that too! I wish we waited to meet them...I'm seriously dedicating a whole day on my next trip to character hunting!

Your Sci Fi dinner looks good, we ate there for the first time and I tried that Oreo milkshake, SOOOO good!

ps-I started my TR you know, come on over!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #165
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I blame Buddy and Wooz on lack of sleep.

We ended up waiting nearly 2 hours for TSM but ended up missing our ADR at Sci Fi because the sign only said 70 minutes. Pretty much the opposite of your experience!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: