Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #136
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #137
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
My condolences to you and your family. Keep well and we'll be here....minding your TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
So sorry to hear about your Great Aunts passing, do the laundry , take care of life and yourself we will all be here when you return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Sorry about your great-aunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ali, I'm sorry to hear about your great-aunt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Thanks everyone! The service was fairly uneventful yesterday. The hardest part was watching my 89 year old grandfather (the brother of the deceased) try to hold it together. It was pretty sad. And of course, it wouldn't be an Italian Family Gathering without a family feud....But at least there was no fist-fighting at this one

Update coming up next!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #138
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Chapter 8: EMH til 3am, Pig on Pig Crime, and We're Attacked by a Bear

When I last left you, I was unconscious on the bed back at Coronado Springs.

Lumar and I got back to CSR and fell asleep almost immediately around 1:15.
I know that at some point, Lumar was woken up by someone from maintenance who needed to change the battery in the door lock. He couldn’t fall back to sleep after that so he stayed awake playing a video game and woke me up at 3:30pm. I was so groggy and had such a headache that I had trouble getting up at first. But then I realized that we hadn’t eaten since breakfast and I was starving. So we got ready and headed out the door to DTD around 4:30pm.

We arrived at Planet Hollywood right on time for our 5pm dinner ADR and they seated us right away. We were at the smallest table ever created, on the first floor buried behind another row of tables.

Lumar ordered the Texas Tostadas for an appetizer (basically they’re just nachos) which were OK…he really liked them.

And I had two of these (Used to be the Banana-Rama..now it’s the Spiderman-something-or-other):

For dinner, Lumar ordered the Tuscan Chicken Sandwich:

And I ordered (what else?) the LA Lasagna:

So while we’re eating, I got a text message from Heather asking where we were. The second I finished reading that, I got another text message from Dana asking me the exact same thing (verbatim). I thought it was a funny coincidence. So I replied and said we were at dinner. They both texted me back “OK” with a smiley face. I figured at this point that they were together so I texted them back and said it was creepy that they were both texting me the exact same thing. We decided to meet up at MK later that night when we went back to MK for EMH after Cirque du Soleil.

Lumar wanted to get dessert but since I had two Spiderman-Whatever-It’s-Called, I could have passed. But we order the Brownie Sundae (probably the biggest dessert on the menu…at least it felt that way!)

It was good but I was so full I think I had maybe 4 bites.

After dinner, we ventured over to the Marketplace since we still had a couple of hours left before Cirque started. Either Heather or Dana texted me a pic of Heather’s DH wearing Minnie ears, so we sent this pic back to them:

Finally, it was time to head back to the Cirque tent and find our seats. We had a really good view of the stage and we were on the end next to the aisle so that was good. But there was there was this girl sitting next to me (in her teens, I would guess…maybe 16 or 17?) who would NOT shut up! She talked during the ENTIRE show to her mother! “Was that supposed to happen?” “I don’t understand what’s going on,” I don’t get it,” “What’s he doing?” OMG she just didn’t stop!

So when the show was over, we figured the quickest way back to MK was to take a bus back to one of the MK resorts and use the monorail. The Grand Floridian bus was the first one to arrive, but it was sharing with Wilderness Lodge. I had no idea that the Wilderness Lodge is actually out in the wilderness. You’re just on this dark road, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

We finally made it to the Grand Floridian at 11:15 and found that there was no way to get up to the monorail waiting area from the bus stop. So we went in and asked a CM how to get up to the monorail. He said to me (and I quote) “take the stairs to the 2nd floor.”

WOW! REALLY?? Is that ALL??

Ummmm….obviously I don’t know where I’m going so how about if you tell me WHERE THE STAIRS ARE!

Thankfully, the stairs at the GF is this enormous staircase so after we walked past the front desk, it was right there.

We finally made it to MK at 11:30 and it was interesting because we were the only people heading up main street towards the castle….thousands of people were filing OUT. I texted Dana and Heather to let them know we had finally made it and we decided to meet up in front of HM.

The first thing we did was head to Aloha Isle for Dole Whips! (Except me…I got a vanilla soft serve):

I happened to bring some glow sticks with me, so I started handing them out. These things were kind of old though…I got them about 2 years ago I think and the tube that I had with me had been opened before so we were missing some connectors. It was kind of funny, watching Brad and Lumar get creative with how to wear their glow sticks. Brad ended up with a choker around his neck and Lumar had little circles hanging off of his ears. I know Dana has a picture of it somewhere in her TR!

After glow sticks were handed out, we headed to the Jungle Cruise, then Splash, then BTMRR…all of which were walk-ons. As we were getting into the car on BTMRR, my flip flop actually fell off my foot and I panicked momentarily because I thought there was a gap between the train and the loading platform and I thought my flip flop fell through it. Of course, it was just sitting right there next to the train.

We headed back to ride HM and then IASW, Buzz, and we were going to do Space but that one actually had a line and the wait was 40 minutes.

We headed for the TTA instead and while riding, Lumar decided he was hungry and he wanted to stop at Casey’s. He started talking about the cheese sauce that they serve, but when he said “cheese sauce” he actually acted out the process of pumping it into a little cup. So for the rest of the trip, whenever we talked about cheese sauce, we had to mime it out. I wish I had pictures or a video or something because it was hilarious (or maybe it’s because it was like 2:30 in the morning).

It was even funnier when we got to Casey’s and they were closed.

We decided we go to Main Street Bakery, since it was still open, but first we had to stop for some PP Pics in front of the castle:

We took these pictures….

And after that, we thought we were done. But the guy kept clicking away so we made an “Are We Done?” picture:

So then, Heather and Dana bust out their trip mascots, Piglet and Eeyore:

And the Photopass guy gets this great idea to recreate The Lion King…and we went along with it:

We got some strange looks from the CMs at Exposition Hall later in the week when they saw this one.

So we finally head over to Main Street Bakery. I really wasn’t super hungry but it was either a giant sandwich or something really sugary, so I opted for the sandwich (and a cheese Danish).

It was a ham & cheese sandwich and it was OK but it was enormous and I really could not eat even half of it. So (courtesy of Dana’s TR) I shared with Piglet because it was ironic to feed a pig some ham.

So we finally headed out of MK just a 3:15am and we actually got to watch the “Kiss Goodnight.”

Lumar and I got back to CSR around 25 after 3 or so, and as we were walking towards our room from the bus stop, thinking back to what a great day we had, when something moves in the bushes next to us. It was LOUD. I legimately thought it was a bear or a fully grown alligator or something. Lumar jumped, I screamed like a little girl, and then we ran back to the room. Although we did pause to see if anything came out of there, but nothing ever emerged so we stuck with our story that it was a bear…Although, we do figure out a more likely source later in the trip.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #139
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
When I last left you, I was unconscious on the bed back at Coronado Springs.

Lumar and I got back to CSR and fell asleep almost immediately around 1:15.
I know that at some point, Lumar was woken up by someone from maintenance who needed to change the battery in the door lock. He couldn’t fall back to sleep after that so he stayed awake playing a video game and woke me up at 3:30pm. I was so groggy and had such a headache that I had trouble getting up at first. But then I realized that we hadn’t eaten since breakfast and I was starving. So we got ready and headed out the door to DTD around 4:30pm.

We arrived at Planet Hollywood right on time for our 5pm dinner ADR and they seated us right away. We were at the smallest table ever created, on the first floor buried behind another row of tables.

Lumar ordered the Texas Tostadas for an appetizer (basically they’re just nachos) which were OK…he really liked them.

And I had two of these (Used to be the Banana-Rama..now it’s the Spiderman-something-or-other):

For dinner, Lumar ordered the Tuscan Chicken Sandwich:

And I ordered (what else?) the LA Lasagna:

So while we’re eating, I got a text message from Heather asking where we were. The second I finished reading that, I got another text message from Dana asking me the exact same thing (verbatim). I thought it was a funny coincidence. So I replied and said we were at dinner. They both texted me back “OK” with a smiley face. I figured at this point that they were together so I texted them back and said it was creepy that they were both texting me the exact same thing. We decided to meet up at MK later that night when we went back to MK for EMH after Cirque du Soleil.

Lumar wanted to get dessert but since I had two Spiderman-Whatever-It’s-Called, I could have passed. But we order the Brownie Sundae (probably the biggest dessert on the menu…at least it felt that way!)

It was good but I was so full I think I had maybe 4 bites.

After dinner, we ventured over to the Marketplace since we still had a couple of hours left before Cirque started. Either Heather or Dana texted me a pic of Heather’s DH wearing Minnie ears, so we sent this pic back to them:

Finally, it was time to head back to the Cirque tent and find our seats. We had a really good view of the stage and we were on the end next to the aisle so that was good. But there was there was this girl sitting next to me (in her teens, I would guess…maybe 16 or 17?) who would NOT shut up! She talked during the ENTIRE show to her mother! “Was that supposed to happen?” “I don’t understand what’s going on,” I don’t get it,” “What’s he doing?” OMG she just didn’t stop!

So when the show was over, we figured the quickest way back to MK was to take a bus back to one of the MK resorts and use the monorail. The Grand Floridian bus was the first one to arrive, but it was sharing with Wilderness Lodge. I had no idea that the Wilderness Lodge is actually out in the wilderness. You’re just on this dark road, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

We finally made it to the Grand Floridian at 11:15 and found that there was no way to get up to the monorail waiting area from the bus stop. So we went in and asked a CM how to get up to the monorail. He said to me (and I quote) “take the stairs to the 2nd floor.”

WOW! REALLY?? Is that ALL??

Ummmm….obviously I don’t know where I’m going so how about if you tell me WHERE THE STAIRS ARE!

Thankfully, the stairs at the GF is this enormous staircase so after we walked past the front desk, it was right there.

We finally made it to MK at 11:30 and it was interesting because we were the only people heading up main street towards the castle….thousands of people were filing OUT. I texted Dana and Heather to let them know we had finally made it and we decided to meet up in front of HM.

The first thing we did was head to Aloha Isle for Dole Whips! (Except me…I got a vanilla soft serve):

I happened to bring some glow sticks with me, so I started handing them out. These things were kind of old though…I got them about 2 years ago I think and the tube that I had with me had been opened before so we were missing some connectors. It was kind of funny, watching Brad and Lumar get creative with how to wear their glow sticks. Brad ended up with a choker around his neck and Lumar had little circles hanging off of his ears. I know Dana has a picture of it somewhere in her TR!

After glow sticks were handed out, we headed to the Jungle Cruise, then Splash, then BTMRR…all of which were walk-ons. As we were getting into the car on BTMRR, my flip flop actually fell off my foot and I panicked momentarily because I thought there was a gap between the train and the loading platform and I thought my flip flop fell through it. Of course, it was just sitting right there next to the train.

We headed back to ride HM and then IASW, Buzz, and we were going to do Space but that one actually had a line and the wait was 40 minutes.

We headed for the TTA instead and while riding, Lumar decided he was hungry and he wanted to stop at Casey’s. He started talking about the cheese sauce that they serve, but when he said “cheese sauce” he actually acted out the process of pumping it into a little cup. So for the rest of the trip, whenever we talked about cheese sauce, we had to mime it out. I wish I had pictures or a video or something because it was hilarious (or maybe it’s because it was like 2:30 in the morning).

It was even funnier when we got to Casey’s and they were closed.

We decided we go to Main Street Bakery, since it was still open, but first we had to stop for some PP Pics in front of the castle:

We took these pictures….

And after that, we thought we were done. But the guy kept clicking away so we made an “Are We Done?” picture:

So then, Heather and Dana bust out their trip mascots, Piglet and Eeyore:

And the Photopass guy gets this great idea to recreate The Lion King…and we went along with it:

We got some strange looks from the CMs at Exposition Hall later in the week when they saw this one.

So we finally head over to Main Street Bakery. I really wasn’t super hungry but it was either a giant sandwich or something really sugary, so I opted for the sandwich (and a cheese Danish).

It was a ham & cheese sandwich and it was OK but it was enormous and I really could not eat even half of it. So (courtesy of Dana’s TR) I shared with Piglet because it was ironic to feed a pig some ham.

So we finally headed out of MK just a 3:15am and we actually got to watch the “Kiss Goodnight.”

Lumar and I got back to CSR around 25 after 3 or so, and as we were walking towards our room from the bus stop, thinking back to what a great day we had, when something moves in the bushes next to us. It was LOUD. I legimately thought it was a bear or a fully grown alligator or something. Lumar jumped, I screamed like a little girl, and then we ran back to the room. Although we did pause to see if anything came out of there, but nothing ever emerged so we stuck with our story that it was a bear…Although, we do figure out a more likely source later in the trip.
Great update, Ali. How fun to get on all of those rides with no wait. And I love you feeding Piglet "ham."

But that is mean of you to leave us hanging of what was hiding in the bushes at the CSR.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #140
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I love the La Lasagna too, it is so yummy! The pics infront of the castle are GREAT. I have never stayed for the late EMH but I think I might try it our next trip, if I can stay awake that long

Ok now I have to know what was in the bushes??????

Ps............ on a side note I had to giggle when you mentioned about the family feud and no fist fighting at the funeral, I come from a italian family of professional mourners complete with the loudest wailing and falling to the ground you ever heard and we have had our share hair pulling fights too.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #141
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Ali. How fun to get on all of those rides with no wait. And I love you feeding Piglet "ham."

But that is mean of you to leave us hanging of what was hiding in the bushes at the CSR.
We were REALLY tired by the time we got to the sandwiches!

Don't worry - the revealing of the Bush Monster comes in the update after next! You don't have to wait too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I love the La Lasagna too, it is so yummy! The pics infront of the castle are GREAT. I have never stayed for the late EMH but I think I might try it our next trip, if I can stay awake that long

Ok now I have to know what was in the bushes??????

Ps............ on a side note I had to giggle when you mentioned about the family feud and no fist fighting at the funeral, I come from a italian family of professional mourners complete with the loudest wailing and falling to the ground you ever heard and we have had our share hair pulling fights too.
I swear, my family is always having some kind of argument. And it's funny because the people that shake their heads and say "can't we all just get along?" are the ones who start the next fight! It's insane. When my mom and dad got married, my uncle and my great uncle both got plastered and started fighting each other. For about 3 years or so, my mom and her sister (my aunt) were not speaking.... In this case, my great Aunt Mary (who is the one who passed away) was in and out of consciousness for the last few months, she couldn't recognize people for the most part, had no idea what year it was or anything. She started telling some family members that no one was visiting her - which is totally untrue, but they believed it, and now half the family is not speaking to the other half. It's just stupid and I'm so tired of everyone always battling each other.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #142
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Looks like a yummy dinner...and I love the picture of the 5 of you in front of the castle. The recreation of Lion King worked out well....

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #143
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Looks like a yummy dinner...and I love the picture of the 5 of you in front of the castle. The recreation of Lion King worked out well....
It's amazing what those PP Photographers can get you to do when you're tired enough lol
Old 11-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #144
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up!

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your great aunt.

I loved your AK update, and how you guys got picked to be in the parade, that must have been fun! And free dessert, that's great! Sometimes Brandon and I don't get dessert when we are on the dining plan, I didn't know you could give it to another table, what a great idea!

LOL, it's so funny that you fell asleep in the Haunted Mansion! It's a good ride for a nap, it's so dark!

Your dinner at Planet Hollywood looks good! We went there last year and didn't really like it, it's so loud and crowded and the food wasn't even that great, but that lasagna looks amazing!

One of the things I love most about the WL is how it's out in the middle of nowhere, yet right near MK! It's so quiet, but still in the middle of everything!

Looks like you had a great time at Magic Kingdom EMH's! I love the Lion King picture!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #145
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Found your trip report this morning and I felt like I was reading about some of my melt-downs. I think I am normally easy going but DH likes to point out that I'm only easy going when things go my way. The only time we ever really have fights is at Disney World. But like you, I am over them in about 5 minutes and everything is ok. Love the photopass pics of The Lion King. And very cool about getting picked for Family of the Day at the AK. I would love to be able to ride in the parade.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #146
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm all caught up!

Whew! You're fast!

First, I'm so sorry to hear about your great aunt.

Thank you

I loved your AK update, and how you guys got picked to be in the parade, that must have been fun! And free dessert, that's great! Sometimes Brandon and I don't get dessert when we are on the dining plan, I didn't know you could give it to another table, what a great idea!

I never really thought about it before either, but we ALWAYS get dessert so the very fact that someone would give theirs away to another table would never even cross my mind. It was so nice of them! The parade was fun and it made two days of crying worth it!

LOL, it's so funny that you fell asleep in the Haunted Mansion! It's a good ride for a nap, it's so dark!

And the music is slow for most of the ride, too! I just couldn't keep my eyes open!

Your dinner at Planet Hollywood looks good! We went there last year and didn't really like it, it's so loud and crowded and the food wasn't even that great, but that lasagna looks amazing!

Honestly, we have gone to PH on every trip since 2006 on our arrival night and it became kind of a tradition. Yes it's loud, and no the food is not spectacular...but it was still fun. We decided to skip it this year originally, then added it back in at the last minute and it was a good change! It was just way more convenient to eat at DTD on this particular day, our food was good, and yes it was crowded but it's PH so we expect that. But if I didn't have the $15 meal voucher that came with the WDW package, we probably would have eaten somewhere else at DTD just to try something new.

One of the things I love most about the WL is how it's out in the middle of nowhere, yet right near MK! It's so quiet, but still in the middle of everything!

OMG it felt like it took forever to get there! I don't know if I could ever stay there just because it's so out there.

Looks like you had a great time at Magic Kingdom EMH's! I love the Lion King picture!
We had a lot of fun that night and the Lion King pic is one of my favorites too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Found your trip report this morning and I felt like I was reading about some of my melt-downs. I think I am normally easy going but DH likes to point out that I'm only easy going when things go my way. The only time we ever really have fights is at Disney World. But like you, I am over them in about 5 minutes and everything is ok. Love the photopass pics of The Lion King. And very cool about getting picked for Family of the Day at the AK. I would love to be able to ride in the parade.
Thank you for joining! I hate having meltdowns in WDW and in retrospect, these two were totally unnecessary. But sometimes it just happens and there's nothing you can do about it! I wish there was something specific I could tell you to do to get into the parade but it was literally just some random CMs standing at the entrance to a character line so I think it really is just a "right place, right time" type of deal.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #147
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

You are so funny!
I love the PP pics in front of the castle. Sometimes you get crappy photographers that only take 1 or 2 pics, then sometimes you luck up & get a great one like ya'll did!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 11-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #148
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
You are so funny!
I love the PP pics in front of the castle. Sometimes you get crappy photographers that only take 1 or 2 pics, then sometimes you luck up & get a great one like ya'll did!
I think he was just as exhausted as we were! He did take a bunch of pics though so we had a lot to choose from! I hate it when they take one pic and my eyes are closed!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #149
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I seriously love that Lion King picture

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 11-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #150
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I seriously love that Lion King picture
Me too! I'm printing it out and framing it when I get paid this weekend lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: