Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Tink6810
Earning My Ears

8 days and 7 nights on dxdp with 2 kids under 3

Hi,
I wasn't going to do a trip report but I decided why not. I will try to add some pictures. We just came back from a 8 days and 7 nights vacation at the Carribean Beach Resort. We were there from January 21 to the 28th. My family include me, my husband, my 2 1/2 year old son, my 1 year old son and my parents. We were on the deluxe dinning plan( which I love). we also decided a rental car wold be needed. I gunk the real reason I am going to Post this is because so many people told me I was crazy for taking 2 small children to Disney world and for doing the dxdp with them. I ak going to tell you it can be done. You have to know what will work for your kids and to be felixable.

The Restaurants we will be visting:

Old Port Royale
Cinderella's Royal Table
Princess Storybook Breakfast
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Golden Oak Outpost
Hollywood & Vine
Pizza Planet
Coral Reef
Flame Tree BBQ
Restaurantosaurus
Les Chefs de France
Donald's Safari Breakfast
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Chef Mickey's
Kouzzina
1900 Park Fare
Tony's Town Square
Ohana' Stitch's Breakfast
Pecos Bill Cafe

Last edited by Tink6810; 02-01-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: adding
Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Tink6810
Earning My Ears

Day 1 travel day

Our first day was uneventful. We would be flying from the west coast early afternoon. My toddler loved going to the airport he was on an adventure. He had so much fun looking out the windows and seeing the Airplane and even the luggage. He did well on the plane both boys did. We were lucky on our second flight there was extra seats so we were able to place our baby in the car seat and he had is own seat. Just to let you know if your are traveling with a lap child and have a car seat for them if there is an extra seat they will let the lap child have it at no charge(southwest). We got into Orlando about 10 pm. We did have some trouble with the car rental bu we got it sorted out it only took a half an hour. But by 11:30 pm we were onour way to check in. The check in process was a little slow we did online check in I don't thi k I would ever do that again. As I mentioned before we were traveling with my parents and had requested rooms near each other. Well be had room completly opposite of each other. They were able to fix that and get us in the same building. We had reserved perfer rooms and we are so glad we did.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Tink6810
Earning My Ears

Day 2

We started are day early ready for the day that was ahead of us. The hotel room was nice we had no issues with cleanness. The Caribbean Beach Resort is beautiful I would stay there again. I would recommend a preferred room since it is a big resort. For our first meal at Disney World we decided to try the food court at the hotel (Old Port Royale). Between the 6 of us we got 3 Breakfast Steak Quesadillas and an order of Mickey Waffles. It was more than enough food for the 6 of us. The food was pretty good as well the eggs were decent (I am very picky when it comes to eggs).We started are day early ready for the day that was ahead of us. The hotel room was nice we had no issues with cleanness. The Caribbean Beach Resort is beautiful I would stay there again. I would recommend a preferred room since it is a big resort. For our first meal at Disney World we decided to try the food court at the hotel (Old Port Royale). Between the 6 of us we got 3 Breakfast Steak Quesadillas and an order of Mickey Waffles. It was more than enough food for the 6 of us. The food was pretty good as well the eggs were decent (I am very picky when it comes to eggs).
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Tink6810
Earning My Ears

Day 2: Hollywood Studios

After breakfast we went to Hollywood Studios we got there a little before 9am although we missed the EMH it was not the busy. We headed straight to Toy Story Mania which only had a 30 min wait. This was one of the kids’ favorite rides. Our Oldest loves Toy Story so we look around at all the decorations there. Unfortunately, Woody was not there yet so we did miss him this time. We then headed the Magic of Disney Animation where they got to meet Mickey Mouse. Then off to Playhouse Disney Live on Stage this is one of the best shows for toddlers it is so interactive. Both of my sons had a lot of fun during this show.* After the show it was time for lunch at Hollywood & Vine with the playhouse characters.
Hollywood & Vine: This is one of the best Lunch Buffets I have had in awhile. There were few items that I just had to keep on going back for they were so good. The service on the other hand was not so good it took us over 20 min to find our waitress to get and pay for our meal, it put a small damper on our lunch. The character interaction was great, Handy Manny and Agent Oso were the best. My older son loves these characters and they did not disappoint. They sent so much time with my boys. During the parade Manny had my son join them and walked all the way around with him then Manny brought him back to us and they were hand in hand. Our whole trip was worth that one moment with Handy Manny, to see our son light up like he did.
After lunch we headed over to the Star Wars Store just too look before we left for the day. My husband and son had a field day in that store, they both love star wars. They both go a tee shirt and our son got a Jedi Robe with Mickey Ears (it is a little big but he will grow into it)
We then headed back to the hotel for a mid afternoon nap. This did not go as plan since they did not want to sleep. But they got to relax in the room for about an hour and a half.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Tink6810
Earning My Ears

day 2 epcot

Off to Epcot for the night. When we got to Epcot we met up with my parent in France and from there we started touring the world showcase. We though our son would have fun collecting the pennies from the penny presses and going to the kidcot fun stations.* So we started in France and he colored his Duffy Bear and received a stamp from France and got his penny. We did this for Morocco, The American Adventure, Italy, Germany, China, Norway and Mexico. Unfortunately, we could not find the Kidcot station & Penny Press in China. We also did not have enough time for Canada, United Kingdom and Japan. I guess we will have to get those next time. Now it was time for Dinner.
Les Chefs de France:
We went to Dinner around 5:45pm, it took about 15 min to be seated but that was ok since our reservation was not until 6:10 pm. We had no issues with the waitress service was good. We had a Few dishes that were great and a couple not so good. Between 4 adult we are able to get a few different menu choices. For our starters we got Assiette de fromages de France- This was a cheese plate, 3 out of the 4 were pretty good. We were a little disappointed with the brie not a creamy as I would have liked. The other was it did not come with crackers, bread, or relishes. It was just cheese on a plate with a little bit of salad. We also got Onion Soup this was good but not an OMG. Then we order a Flatbread the a la flame Alsacienne, I loved this I thought it was the best starter out of the 3. For our entrees we got the Gratin de Maccroni, Filet de Boeuf Grille and the Brochette de fruits de mer aux Herbes. The best hands down was the Gratin de Maccroni it was so good. The worst was the Brochette de fruits de mer aux Herbes I cannot say anything good about this entrée. For desserts we got the Crème Brulee, Crepe a la Pomme, Profiteroles au Chocolate, and Croustillant Feuillantine. They were all ok nothing to die for. During dinner the boys did great the little one just ate and ate and the older one fell asleep on the bench.
After Dinner we decided it would be best to take the boys back to the Hotel. They were tired and not really up to stay out late. So we were unable to the Fireworks which I was a little disappointed. But with kids you have to go with what they want/need. On our way to the car we were able to see some of the fireworks from MK.

Last edited by Tink6810; 02-02-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: