Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

TR: WOW! Take a picture of tha... oh, wait the batteries are dead again.

We completed our January Walt Disney Trip this past Sunday. So, in the absence of exciting things to plan, I will start our trip report. Please check out my pretrip report to find out the... well, pretrip info. It's not long, so it won't take too long to take a peek. Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...72&postcount=1

1.)The Morning Of

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...43&postcount=2
2.)Aiport and Flight http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...85&postcount=3
3.)Arrival at MCO http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...07&postcount=4
4.) Animal Kingdom http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...87&postcount=5
5.) Animal Kingdom and How I May never Be Able to Face My Daughter When the Truth Comes Out http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=15

6.) Back at the Resort http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=16
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
2011- Port Orleans French Quarter
2012- Port Orleans French Quarter

Last edited by lisateaches; 01-24-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

The night before brought lots of anticipation and less sleep than I would have preferred. However, it wasn't the worst night's sleep I've had before a WDW trip. We were a little nervous because the predicted snowfall had started. It didn't seem to befalling as fast as predicted ( this is usual for St. Louis- every snow is portrayed as the next big blizzard- we haven't had one for close to thirty years. )
Four o'clock a.m. dawned pretty darn early. I quickly recovered and hopped out of bed. After getting myself ready I woke up Eve (DD8). We took an excited picture together in the bathroom of all places and went in to wake the little one. Isn't she just a vision of rest? Well, not for long!She looks a little confused, does she not? Take a look at the back of her hair. Now you know what we deal with EVERY DAY!!! After getting the little one ready we were on our way. Luckily, Tom had been clearing off the driveway Here's a look see of the snow coming down. It was a little worse than we anticipated and definitely slowed us down. Only one lane was semi-cleaned on the highway. I told him to relax, we would make it, but secretly I was a little nervous that we would be cutting it close and if the weather didn't deter take off we might be in trouble. Did the flight take off on time? Tune in tomorrow!
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music

Last edited by lisateaches; 01-18-2011 at 08:42 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Airport and Flight

We arrived at airport parking and had to trudge through the snow with our three suitcases, carry- ons, stroller and children. Fun times at 5 something in the morning. We caught the shuttle to the airport and quickly checked our bags and went through security. Luckily, the kiddos were ok with taking off their shoes and walking through the metal detector ( I got to hold the two year old). All set! I stopped
to get DD 2 1/2 some milk for her cup, but I held off on the coffee. We were soon informed that although the airplane was ready, the pilots were not there. Evidently, the snow got in the way of their "pick up". Well, I kept wanting to get my coffee but it was a little far away. I didn't want to risk missing boarding to get a good spot. Finally, I decided those dudes weren't there yet so I should have enough time. Sure enough, as soon as I got the coffee they were boarding the plane. Soon we were boarding as well, an hour late. So much for the hopes to be in Animal Kingdom by 1:00 pm. I decided I'd sit with the girls on the way down to Florida and Tom could sit with them on the way home. Here are a few shots on the plane. That's a shot of Emilia pasting some paper dolls I cut out from my friend's machine. Glue kept her busy, but she normally likes to color-- today she only colored a little-/
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Arrival at MCO

We arrived in Orlando about an hour later than anticipated, around 12:05. We gathered our belongings and headed towards the Magical Express. We had to wait and then we had to wait while the driver dropped some people off at their resorts, but it was still worth it to me. Our original plan was to arrive and head out to AK by 1:00 pm. I knew we weren't going to make it there by 1 and I was ok with that ( which is good because, um I didn't have a choice When we checked in, which was super simple because we did most of it on line prior, we were told our room was ready! We took our carry on luggage to the room and changed into some lighter clothing. Then we were off to AK! I have no pictures of the resort at this pt. because I was juggling Mimi and our stuff and that is just enough. Her business will attribute to my later forgetfulness too.
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Heading to AK

Before I dive into the AK report, let me give you a little background. During our last trip in 2009, I issued a decree- I shall never grace the pathways of AK again. It is hotter than all other parks and we have a perfectly good FREE zoo in St. Louis and my husband and I always seem to argue at this park. Well, fast forward to 2011 and I had agreed to spend a few hours here. My husband likes it and my daughter was dying to ride Expedition Everest. We arrived around two. They still had up the Christmas tree so I was so excited! I sent my husband to get two fast passes for EE, while I took the girls to order food at Pizzafari. I chose to eat here because it got decent reviews, was close to FOTLK, and we WERE STARVING! Mimi is 2 1/2 years old so she wasn't on the dining plan and you never can tell if she will eat or not. Unless it is candy, then it's a pretty sure bet. Evie swore she was not hungry and thought we should share something. We shared the veggie pizza. It was decent and it came with a caesar salad that was pretty darn good. We got some kind of chocolate mousse thing for dessert and she ate it. She did wind up eating a little bit of everything. Since my husband and I were really hungry, I got Mimi a cheese pizza with grapes and carrots. They also threw in a cookie, which I was surprised because I thought you had to request that instead of the grapes. I tossed that in my purse to give the grapes a fighting chance. She loved the grapes and carrots, but I don't think she ate the pizza. My husband got the pepperoni, but he liked my veggie pizza better. When we sat down I also noticed that they gave us two milks! Yeah, because DD 21/2 can drink a lot of milk. One thing about going in January, we didn't even put a dent in our large Diet Cokes. And without lids, they had to go bye bye. Our first lunch here was only interrupted by THREE potty breaks. She has the bladder the size of a pea! We decided to stick her in a pull up in case we were in line and couldn't get to a bathroom. This did not work out well for us when we arrived back in St. Louis. We headed off to Festival of the Lion King. It was getting ready to begin so we took our seats quickly. We were in the giraffe section and I will never forget that because Mimi kept hollering at the giraffe, " Giraffe, can you hear me?" it was so cute and everything was so loud that no one noticed. Everyone enjoyed the show. In fact, Mimi declared it was her turn about five minutes into it and started heading down the bleachers.Luckily, she listened to me and sat back down to enjoy the show. What was next on our plan? Did AK redeem itself? Will I ever darken its doors again? Stay TUNED!
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Nice start so far!! Can't wait to read more!

Old 01-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
francis6306
DIS Veteran

We went in Dec and my DD is 2.5 as well! Love the "never know" if she'll eat a lot or a little, but she isn't extremely picky about what she eats! I MIGHT have put off potty training until AFTER this trip since I knew we'd have lines and possibly not close bathrooms. Can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 01-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #8
wlake
DIS Veteran

Ooh -- snow on the way to the airport! That would make me nervous too. Glad you got there!
Old 01-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
princessbrulee
Mouseketeer

Good start so far!
I'm amazed that even with all the snow you still managed to get to AK by 2! My youngest daughter was 5 when we brought her to Disney, and I still had to contend with constant potty requests JUST as we were about to get on a ride. The worst was Test Track, I thought for sure she was going to get scared and wet herself! Thankfully she made it.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
We went in Dec and my DD is 2.5 as well! Love the "never know" if she'll eat a lot or a little, but she isn't extremely picky about what she eats! I MIGHT have put off potty training until AFTER this trip since I knew we'd have lines and possibly not close bathrooms. Can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes!!
Aren't you smart? I never even thought about waiting to potty train! Although, we really hadn't planned this trip then. I'm queen of last minute (three months) Disney trips.
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=princessbrulee;39649668]Good start so far!
I'm amazed that even with all the snow you still managed to get to AK by 2! My youngest daughter was 5 when we brought her to Disney, and I still had to contend with constant potty requests JUST as we were about to get on a ride. The worst was Test Track, I thought for sure she was going to get scared and wet herself! Thankfully she made it. [/QUOT

My older girl has the bladder made of steel- I guess she went to the bathroom in the parks maybe twice. We weren't drinking a super lot since it was so cold. That little one has the bladder the size of a sweat pea.

I was satisfied with 2, considering the late departure. I had had my daughter list three must dos for AK, and we got those done plus some.
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Princessbrulee- sorry bout the weird response. First, I was given a fatal error and then it showed up like this.
Welcome!
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
Ooh -- snow on the way to the airport! That would make me nervous too. Glad you got there!

This week back has been filled with snow here in St. Louis and the week we left everywhere got tons of snow, so we were very lucky.
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Nice start so far!! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much for the encouragement!
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
Old 01-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #15
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

Animal Kingdom and How I May Never Be Able to Face My Daughter When the Truth Comes Out

Something that I failed to mention, which will happen often here because I do this late at night without any real plan, is that right before FOTLK we saw Pocahontas. There was no one around her and this is someone that my daughter has always wanted to meet! Well, guess what? My husband had just taken the bag with the camera to park the stroller. No problems, I remembered to have a CM give me a photopass so we could buy those. Evie was beyond words and Mimi just loved meeting her. So cute! And then that Photopass was NEVER SEEN AGAIN. And believe it or not this is not the only time this trip that the name Pocahontas will cause some trouble. Well, I'm kind of a coward you see. I still have not mentioned that there is no photo of the beloved character. I'm hoping that pass will show itself. In fact, while typing this I am thinking I will check a pocket on the stroller in case I put it there later. But, I bet it fell out of my pocket during the show. It gets better. Two days after we were home I asked my DD what her favorite part of the trip was. Oh, dear. You guessed it, meeting Pocahontas.
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music

Last edited by lisateaches; 01-23-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: