Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #166
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Ok HallsofVa - I call upon your stateroom guru expertise.....

We are in 9674. In the aft picture, is it the room with several people in front of it almost in the center, or is it the room to the right of it in the picture with no one in front of it? The space in the wall with no window/door is throwing me off.

Think this should be a good room? (anyone?)

So exciting to get to see our room! I already showed the kids that it was one of the two, but would be nice to know which one. (Of course, being IN it would be even better!!!)
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #167
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Ok HallsofVa - I call upon your stateroom guru expertise.....

We are in 9674. In the aft picture, is it the room with several people in front of it almost in the center, or is it the room to the right of it in the picture with no one in front of it? The space in the wall with no window/door is throwing me off.

Think this should be a good room? (anyone?)

So exciting to get to see our room! I already showed the kids that it was one of the two, but would be nice to know which one. (Of course, being IN it would be even better!!!)
If you're talking about the picture below, the people are standing in front of the three middle rooms, and 9674 is the right middle room behind the two guys in the white hats. The room to the right (as you look at the picture) with no one in front of it is room 9672. You should see 7 verandahs across the back of Deck 9, and your room is the 3rd from the right.

Previous Stops -11/17/12 Fantasy Thanksgiving Eastern to San Juan; 3/31/12 Fantasy MV; 8/21-26/11 WDW Poly;08/16/11 5-nt Dreamy Double-Dip!;8/13-16/11 Universal;09/18/10 14-nt WB Transatlantic; 1/10/10-1/14/10 Bahamas, 1/6/10-1/09/10 AKL, 12/12/09 Western (Cat 3 upgrade); 12/06/08 Eastern (upgraded to the Roy Suite!); 12/03/05 Western (upgrade to Cat 3)
Dream/Fantasy Special Rooms Thread

Last edited by HallsofVA; 11-04-2010 at 01:15 PM.
HallsofVA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #168
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Thank you! This makes it seem so real now Bless you for your help and patience...
Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #169
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Cabanas and Palo!

Here's a picture of the outside of Cabanas (buffet restaurant on Deck 11) and Palo above it on Deck 12).

Previous Stops -11/17/12 Fantasy Thanksgiving Eastern to San Juan; 3/31/12 Fantasy MV; 8/21-26/11 WDW Poly;08/16/11 5-nt Dreamy Double-Dip!;8/13-16/11 Universal;09/18/10 14-nt WB Transatlantic; 1/10/10-1/14/10 Bahamas, 1/6/10-1/09/10 AKL, 12/12/09 Western (Cat 3 upgrade); 12/06/08 Eastern (upgraded to the Roy Suite!); 12/03/05 Western (upgrade to Cat 3)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #170
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

OK - finally put it together after reading every post in this thread that we're on the Fantasy with you in June 2012 --- cool - we are travelling with a guru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsofVA View Post
Your room is the 18th verandah room from the left up on Deck 10. If you look at the picture below, your room should be the 9th verandah from the left on the top row of verandahs. If you look up to deck 12 where the guys in blue are standing, you are under the one guy standing alone, between the two pairs of two men.

My reference point in finding your room on this picture is the verandah on deck 9 with the cardboard or wood against the railing. That is the 10th verandah from the left. Your room is 18 total from the left, so I counted on 8 more rooms from that column.

My continued appreciation to andreas de for his pictures!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #171
tylerandalexsmom

Thanks HallsofVA! And DUH - I knew it was 3 over, but the white wall space area threw me. Never thought to count to see that there are 7 across and that would have clued me in!

Think that's a good room (good/unobstructed view, quiet, not across from laundry or something, decent access to elevators)? What do you think about verandah? Is it going to be one of the deeper ones? I never thought about the overhang of the upper deck - think that will be a problem?

When I was first looking at the category descriptions, I knew I wanted a verandah, but wasn't sure if I wanted the to go ahead and book a verandah just for the plexiglass. So I booked the lowest verandah catagory (hoping for an upgrade!), but thought it was going to have whitewalls -- from what I'm reading/seeing, it looks like it has plexiglass - is that what you're seeing? I hope so! (Watch, it'll be my luck that I'm happy with my original room without an upgrade, and I'll get "upgraded" to one I'm not as happy with.... of course, I'd be happy with an upgrade to a suite no matter where it was! )
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #172
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Thanks HallsofVA! And DUH - I knew it was 3 over, but the white wall space area threw me. Never thought to count to see that there are 7 across and that would have clued me in!

Think that's a good room (good/unobstructed view, quiet, not across from laundry or something, decent access to elevators)? What do you think about verandah? Is it going to be one of the deeper ones? I never thought about the overhang of the upper deck - think that will be a problem?

When I was first looking at the category descriptions, I knew I wanted a verandah, but wasn't sure if I wanted the to go ahead and book a verandah just for the plexiglass. So I booked the lowest verandah catagory (hoping for an upgrade!), but thought it was going to have whitewalls -- from what I'm reading/seeing, it looks like it has plexiglass - is that what you're seeing? I hope so! (Watch, it'll be my luck that I'm happy with my original room without an upgrade, and I'll get "upgraded" to one I'm not as happy with.... of course, I'd be happy with an upgrade to a suite no matter where it was! )
It looks like a pretty good room to me! Quite a pleasant surprise to see that the metal wall on the verandah is only up to shin level, versus the full length walls of the existing ships.

Here's a couple other pictures of your room where there aren't people standing in front of it! In the second picture Deck 9 is at the very top of the picture.

The main uncertainity we have at this time is whether it'll truly be a private verandah or shared with your two closest friends! Still have a deeper than normal verandah, and you're higher than the flagpole.

One potential problem we've experienced from sailing in a similar room on the current ship is people throwing trash down from the buffet restaurant above, and getting extra water on the verandah every night or morning when they wash the deck area above. Not sure if that will be a problem on the new ships or not, but could be a slight risk if the verandah isn't fully covered by the deck above.

Last edited by HallsofVA; 11-02-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #173
zimaaaaah
Mouseketeer

HallsofVA - A big "Thanks" for all the information you are sharing on this thread! I have found it so interesting to see where others are booked and learn why they booked there. I could never have put the pictures and deck plans together in my head like you do. Just a note, I found it interesting also how few non-connecting rooms there were available. It was important to us since our last cruise with noisy neighbors to NOT book a connecting room this time. Can't wait 'til May!

zimaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 AM   #174
goingsouth
I should be Cruising today

some new dream pictures!

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/captain-gr...-disney-d.html

joanne
2012- AKL, BWV
2011-BLT,BCV
2010-Universal PBH, Magic Baltic Cruise
2008-BCV and SSR and DGC
2007-WB 14 day transatlanic Magic
------------------------------------
Next Up:
MNSSHP Oct 2014 GFV
Joanne John Sara & Amanda
goingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #175
momsrule27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Actually they are portholes with an additional covering over them. Underneath that ribbon of plexiglass are 7 portholes on each deck. There is a post on page 8 or so that addresses this, and links to a post where this was discussed during construction.

Take a look at the pictures below. Deck 8 is the top ribbon of windows across the bottom front (Deck 7 being in the middle, and Deck 6 being the bottom row.) Mentally divide the space into 7, to represent the 7 portholes that are hidden behind the false front on each row. 8504 is the corner room and gets the first porthole on the left (as you face the ship), and 8502 is the room next to it, getting porthole #2 from the left (as you face the ship.) We are booked in 8006 which is the corner room on the right as you face the ship, and gets the 7th and last porthole. You can use the same logic to find your deck 6 room. The small picture on the right was the picture captured during construction and referenced in the other thread on page 8.
I was wondering what the view will be like out these porthole windows since they are covered by an additional "window". If anyone has traveled on a ship that had a similiar window and could let me know, I would appreciate it. Hubby wanted a front facing window so he could feel like he was behind the wheel so I am hoping he has a good view.

November 11th, 2006 Magic Double Dip!
August 7th, 2011 Dream Double Dip!

momsrule27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #176
tylerandalexsmom

Yea! Thanks for sharing. I was up late last night pouring over the pictures (who needs sleep?!) Great to see some interior pics. Can't wait 'til January for the first cruisers to come back with full trip reports and pictures!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #177
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingsouth View Post
Great pictures! I'll cross post them to the thread on interior pictures.

Speaking of which, did you all see the video that includes some actual inside the Dream footage?

Here's the main site that had it posted. Search on Das Disney and you should get there. At 3.38 they start showing pictures of the inside of the ship.

http://www.ndr.de/flash/mediathek/index.html
Old 11-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #178
tylerandalexsmom

Quote:
Great pictures! I'll cross post them to the thread on interior pictures.

Speaking of which, did you all see the video that includes some actual inside the Dream footage?

Here's the main site that had it posted. Search on Das Disney and you should get there. At 3.38 they start showing pictures of the inside of the ship.

http://www.ndr.de/flash/mediathek/index.html

I didn't catch a bit of the German, but I guess Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck sounds the same in any language!

Thanks for the link!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #179
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

Ok... feeling confused. HEEELP!
Haven't looked at the Dream or Fantasy yet...
Where is the best place to find out the differences between the verandah rooms?
My head is spinning-LOL

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #180
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

a lot of great info here - thanks for posting all those great pics.

now we just have to wait for the booking window to open for Dec 2012 so we can finally say "We're Cruising on the DREAM"
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream, index, pictures, rooms, spa

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: