Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #1516
goofygurlie
Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they put you outside.

Does anyone know of a site that will show the room location from the outside of the ship? We will be staying in 9086 on the Dream in January and I am trying to get an idea of the view from the veranda. Thanks so much!

~Laura Lynn

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #1517
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygurlie View Post
Does anyone know of a site that will show the room location from the outside of the ship? We will be staying in 9086 on the Dream in January and I am trying to get an idea of the view from the veranda. Thanks so much!

~Laura Lynn

You are posting on said thread. Check out page one. Scroll to top of this page and click on page 1(First). Look at photos and find 9586 which is the mirror cabin, yet on the opposite side of ship.

My opinion is 9586 looks good on the outside, therefore 9086 should be similiar. No obstructions. You are one cabin forward of outer skin cabin 9088. If this is incorrect please report back and let us know. I'm confident you are good to go externally.

HTH

Enjoy
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #1518
giselatoro
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102
Also, my travel agent said cat 4E Does have rooms that sleeps 5? Would anyone know which rooms they are or have the rooms numbers? I am trying to play around on the disney cruise line website, but they all must be booked i can not view where there is a cat 4E room that sleeps five! I am trying to be prepared when i book my 2014 cruise!! Any help would be great thanks!!!
Mariellen we have room 5540 on the dream that's category 4E. It's 299sqt ft. Will let you know how was is. We sail 4 nov.
giselatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #1519
goofygurlie
Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they put you outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412

You are posting on said thread. Check out page one. Scroll to top of this page and click on page 1(First). Look at photos and find 9586 which is the mirror cabin, yet on the opposite side of ship.

My opinion is 9586 looks good on the outside, therefore 9086 should be similiar. No obstructions. You are one cabin forward of outer skin cabin 9088. If this is incorrect please report back and let us know. I'm confident you are good to go externally.

HTH

Enjoy
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you kindly!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #1520
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giselatoro View Post
Mariellen we have room 5540 on the dream that's category 4E. It's 299sqt ft. Will let you know how was is. We sail 4 nov.
do you have 5 people in your room or 4?
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #1521
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102
Also, my travel agent said cat 4E Does have rooms that sleeps 5? Would anyone know which rooms they are or have the rooms numbers? I am trying to play around on the disney cruise line website, but they all must be booked i can not view where there is a cat 4E room that sleeps five! I am trying to be prepared when i book my 2014 cruise!! Any help would be great thanks!!!
I emailed DCL about this. I think I may have responded to a question you had on another thread .

According to the rep who emailed me back, ONLY 4A-Ds are family staterooms. She did NOT include 4Es in the list of family staterooms. I had specifically emailed about 4Es, because on our last cruise our 4E was not a family stateroom and if you look on the deck plan they are all the same size. So I don't see how any of them could sleep 5. And they certainly aren't 299sf, as listed on the Web site. The rep didn't mention that part, even though I asked why they would incorrectly advertise them as family staterooms on the site. Oh well. I feel bad for any cruisers who think they booked a family stateroom and end up with a regular one!

If anyone does end up with a 4E that actually is a family stateroom, I'd love to hear of it! I'd book one next time! I even asked if there were any such rooms and the rep ignored that part of my email, too. I took this to mean no, there aren't any .
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #1522
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
She did NOT include 4Es in the list of family staterooms. I had specifically emailed about 4Es, because on our last cruise our 4E was not a family stateroom and if you look on the deck plan they are all the same size. So I don't see how any of them could sleep 5. And they certainly aren't 299sf, as listed on the Web site. The rep didn't mention that part, even though I asked why they would incorrectly advertise them as family staterooms on the site. Oh well. I feel bad for any cruisers who think they booked a family stateroom and end up with a regular one!
I was curious about this, but then I remembered that the square footage listed usually includes the verandah on rooms with one, so I - just now - opened up the DCL website and looked into booking a stateroom.

The 4E's are listed on the DCL Website as being 299 sq. ft. including verandah.

They are also not listed as "family staterooms."

I feel bad if anyone thinks they booked a family stateroom and ends up with a regular one, too, but I definitely don't think they are incorrectly advertised.
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #1523
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKwatercraftPilot

I was curious about this, but then I remembered that the square footage listed usually includes the verandah on rooms with one, so I - just now - opened up the DCL website and looked into booking a stateroom.

The 4E's are listed on the DCL Website as being 299 sq. ft. including verandah.

They are also not listed as "family staterooms."

I feel bad if anyone thinks they booked a family stateroom and ends up with a regular one, too, but I definitely don't think they are incorrectly advertised.
That's weird. Where exactly are you looking? When I look the 4E up to book it, it's still showing as a family stateroom on the DCL site. Its description is also identical to that of the other 4s. Including the square footage, which should be 246 including verandah, and it says they have a wall pull-down bed (which would be impossible). However, it does say it only sleeps 3-4. At least that's accurate!
Are you seeing something different when you go to book?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #1524
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That's weird. Where exactly are you looking? When I look the 4E up to book it, it's still showing as a family stateroom on the DCL site. Its description is also identical to that of the other 4s. Including the square footage, which should be 246 including verandah, and it says they have a wall pull-down bed (which would be impossible). However, it does say it only sleeps 3-4. At least that's accurate!
I went to disneycruise.disney.go.com, then used the small box on the left side of the screen to select a month, destination and departure port (I just used the one I'm going on in December, to the Bahamas from Canaveral), 2 adults... and clicked "find cruises"

We're both correct, it looks like.... it does still say "Family" stateroom, so I am wrong about that and I apologize.

But the square footage is right... as long as you assume that the size of the "extended verandah" is exactly the same size as the jump from "regular" stateroom to "family" stateroom...

For example, if the Regular Verandah Stateroom is, say, 200 sq. ft. (just to pick a round number) and the verandah is 46 sq ft, it's 246sq. ft. total.
200 indoor + 46 Outdoor = 246 total.

If a Family Verandah Stateroom is 253 sq. ft. and the verandah is 46 sq. ft., it's 299 sq. ft. total.
253 indoor + 46 Outdoor = 299 total.

Presumably, in the 4E's, the stateroom is your typical 200 sq. ft. but the verandah is 99 sq. ft. Therefore, the total, including verandah, is 299 sq. ft. even though the room itself is still 200.
200 indoor + 99 Outdoor = 299 total.

They do definitely need to remove the "Family" from the designation, but I suppose they've covered themselves with the wall pull-down bed by saying it's not in all staterooms....
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #1525
CaptainJacq
10 minutes from WDW, Orlando, Florida!

Bookmarking to check out later.
CaptainJacq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #1526
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:
I am headed out on Dec 16th and have a 4E as stated on our DU reservation. On our DCL paperwork it is listed as a "Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda". Online the 4E category is stated as "Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Category 04E". Now I have to look at my notes to see what we had requested from DU as I remember seeing the room with the extended veranda available and requesting 5542. Am I missing something here?
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #1527
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
I am headed out on Dec 16th and have a 4E as stated on our DU reservation. On our DCL paperwork it is listed as a "Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda". Online the 4E category is stated as "Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Category 04E". Now I have to look at my notes to see what we had requested from DU as I remember seeing the room with the extended veranda available and requesting 5542. Am I missing something here?
Well if you are addressing the stateroom description as the anomaly, we know why.
At some point, perhaps two years ago now, DCL recategorized many cabins. DCL and some Ta's felt it wasn't necessary to update ALL the info. You will get a cabin on deck 5, it will be an oceanview veranda cabin, 203 square feet inside, with a veranda that is generally 4 times the size of a regular balcony.(38 sq ft, regular)

The description word "family" describes the larger cabins in each category. A Cat 4e is not a family veranda. A family veranda has 256 square feet of space inside and 38 on the balcony. It is just an annoying oversight on several websites not to update, and the fact DCL changed the game a year into it. However I believe all cat 4 cabins are family cabins except the newly designated 4e's. DCL decided to place these cabins in the cat 4 price range due to their desirability, due to the large balcony, yet failed to update the details.

I feel that is where the confusion lies, literally. And I feel for everyone reading the inaccurate descriptions online on many sites. Although the balcony size may make up for the few less feet inside. But again, check beds and capacity, because they are less than a true family cabin.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Ma...Disney+Fantasy

You do not have a family veranda if you have a 4e. You also should call DCL to verify exactly what bedding is in said cabin.
You could look here too. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

HTH

ETA; There was a recent thread about this category, concerning the descrepencies, yet I failed to locate it. Perhaps others will help.

Last edited by Bear3412; 12-05-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #1528
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Why don't you go to the website and pick a low-season dummy date and try to book 5 people into a stateroom and see if that category is offered. Then you'll know for sure if any have bedding for 5.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #1529
jahber
DIS Veteran

Bear3412 is right. It's DCL's fault for not bothering to correct their site. Unfortunately, their oversight has resulted in a misleading (I think deceptive) situation. If you intended to book a family stateroom, you should have your TA take it up with DCL. It's not the number of people you were booking for that's the question. It's the class of room. If you asked for a family and the room is listed as a family on the site, but you were actually given a regular room, that's where the problem lies. And a 4E is definitely not a family stateroom.

For some reason this really bothers me. I guess because it would be such an easy fix for DCL to correct. I've contacted them and gotten a canned response, so I guess they don't care. Maybe I shouldn't either, but I would hate for other DCL customers to be surprised like we were!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #1530
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Bumpity bump as it's such a great thread.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream, index, pictures, rooms, spa

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: