Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

We stayed at the "Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at Seaworld" once, and I do not recommend it. The hotel was nice, but we paid for a non-smoking room & we were given a smoking room. Even after pleading with the front desk for over an hour, they kept saying that there was nothing that could be done because (according to them) paying for a non-smoking room online is just an unguaranteed request and they had already given away all of the non-smoking rooms. Plus, the only breakfast option onsite was a pricey breakfast buffet with very few options. It was, however, only a couple blocks away from Sea World and we liked being within walking distance of the park.
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013 • Ft. Wilderness Cabins March 2015
NOLA_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
gabzee218
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
For those of you who have stayed at the Renaissance, are there laundry facilities? We will be doing a 6 night stay and I was originally looking at the HGVC since they have suites with kitchens and in room laundry, but the Renaissance has much better rates and in DD's opinion, a much better pool. That's very important for an 8 year old We are headed down for a SW/DC/Aquatica vacation next August and I usually do laundry 1/2 way through the trip.

Can you walk to both SW and Aquatica? I don't want to have to pay to park at the hotel AND then again at the parks.

Any tips on the hotel would be awesome!
They do have laundry machines at the Renaissance. They are coin operated. You can definitely walk to SeaWorld from the hotel since it is across the street but I wouldn't recommend walking to either Aquatica or Discovery Cove. There is a complimentary shuttle to Discovery Cove when you have a reservation. The Renaissance hotel is lovely. They have a WONDERFUL breakfast buffet (they also have a menu you can order off of) with fresh fruits, pasteries, made-to-order omelets, create your own pancakes, create your own juice station, and more. I believe the restaurant is called Tradewinds and it is reasonably priced. The Renaissance tends to book up well in advance so if you need another hotel I would suggest the Hilton Orlando. It is a 5 minute drive (at most) to SeaWorld and its sister parks. It is a brand new hotel (only 1 or so years old). It has a great breakfast restaurant as well and a market with gelato and coffee. They have a great gym and fun pool area with a water slide and a lazy river. Both are great hotels.
gabzee218 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #18
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabzee218 View Post
They do have laundry machines at the Renaissance. They are coin operated. You can definitely walk to SeaWorld from the hotel since it is across the street but I wouldn't recommend walking to either Aquatica or Discovery Cove. There is a complimentary shuttle to Discovery Cove when you have a reservation. The Renaissance hotel is lovely. They have a WONDERFUL breakfast buffet (they also have a menu you can order off of) with fresh fruits, pasteries, made-to-order omelets, create your own pancakes, create your own juice station, and more. I believe the restaurant is called Tradewinds and it is reasonably priced. The Renaissance tends to book up well in advance so if you need another hotel I would suggest the Hilton Orlando. It is a 5 minute drive (at most) to SeaWorld and its sister parks. It is a brand new hotel (only 1 or so years old). It has a great breakfast restaurant as well and a market with gelato and coffee. They have a great gym and fun pool area with a water slide and a lazy river. Both are great hotels.
THANKS. I can handle coin operated, I just want to have access to one. I think it might be time to make a pros & cons list for Renaissance vs. HGVC, although as of today, which is 10 months out, Renaissance has a better price (even w/paid parking) vs. the 2BR at HGVC (I want a 2BR because I really don't want DD to have to spend a week on a pull out and they don't seem to have 1BR w/2 beds )

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote