Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Bella O
Mouseketeer
 
Bella O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 230

Hotel close to Sea World

Hi,

Doing a spur of the moment trip - just to spend a couple of days at Sea World....I've only stayed at the on-site WDW resorts in Orlando. Can anyone suggest a favorite close to SW? Thanks
__________________

BELLA



Bella O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
Hemlock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 751

If you are looking for something within walking distance try the Renaissance Marriott or the Hilton Garden Inn.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,906

renaissance hotel

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...o-at-seaworld/
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 5,988

If you look around the convention center there's a lot of good hotels and no more than a 5 minute drive to Sea World.
__________________
DOOM1001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:51 AM   #5
The_Banking_Scot
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Falkirk
Posts: 253

Hi,

I stayed at the doubletree resort orlando for 2 nights when I went to SW in early October ( I think it was the plaza previously) which is a 10min walk to the front gate of Sea World;

http://www.doubletreeorlandoidrive.com/

You walk out of the back gate ( key access) walk to along a quiet street, cross the road and you are in the Sea World car park.

The hotel is very good with a 17 story tower surrounded by 2 floor buildings. The landscaping is very good with three large swimming pools, an outdoor chess set and a small putting course amongst other things. The breakfast buffet was very good also.

Regards

PS in the tower ,the end of the corridor faced Aquatica and I think some rooms would have views of sea world

TBS

Last edited by The_Banking_Scot; 10-31-2010 at 05:31 PM.
The_Banking_Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 AM   #6
Havana
DIS Veteran
 
Havana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,977

The Renaissance is right across the street. You just have to walk across the parking lot to the main gate of SeaWorld. When we stayed there our room had a vew of SeaWorld, it was Marvelous!
__________________




Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Bella O
Mouseketeer
 
Bella O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 230

Thanks for all your responses; so helpful,
__________________

BELLA



Bella O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #8
My3SonsandMaya
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 69

we just got back and stayed one night at SpringHill Suites at Seaworld, new hotel, all rooms are suites, free breakfast buffet, across the street from Seaworld, decent price. We liked it alot.
My3SonsandMaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
iloveokw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,592

Talking

The Residence Inn gets our vote!
iloveokw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
Danibelle
DIS Veteran
 
Danibelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havana View Post
The Renaissance is right across the street. You just have to walk across the parking lot to the main gate of SeaWorld. When we stayed there our room had a vew of SeaWorld, it was Marvelous!
One of the best and there is a large pool! We are staying there soon!
__________________
Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
Lewisc

DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,176

I stayed at the SpringHills Suites at Seaworld. It's not really walking distance, particularly if you have young kids. I walked and took the Lynx bus. Last day I realized paying for parking at Sea World made the most sense.

I agree with the PP. The hotel is new and clean. Parking is free. Internet is free. Free breakfast.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #12
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havana View Post
The Renaissance is right across the street. You just have to walk across the parking lot to the main gate of SeaWorld. When we stayed there our room had a vew of SeaWorld, it was Marvelous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveokw View Post
The Residence Inn gets our vote!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danibelle View Post
One of the best and there is a large pool! We are staying there soon!

For those of you who have stayed at the Renaissance, are there laundry facilities? We will be doing a 6 night stay and I was originally looking at the HGVC since they have suites with kitchens and in room laundry, but the Renaissance has much better rates and in DD's opinion, a much better pool. That's very important for an 8 year old We are headed down for a SW/DC/Aquatica vacation next August and I usually do laundry 1/2 way through the trip.

Can you walk to both SW and Aquatica? I don't want to have to pay to park at the hotel AND then again at the parks.

Any tips on the hotel would be awesome!
__________________
Me40; DH39; DD10





Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008

Last edited by bas71873; 10-01-2011 at 06:45 AM.
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
KittenLittle
Minds her manners! ;)
 
KittenLittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: WarEagle Country
Posts: 394

HGVC is what you need

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
For those of you who have stayed at the Renaissance, are there laundry facilities? We will be doing a 6 night stay and I was originally looking at the HGVC since they have suites with kitchens and in room laundry, but the Renaissance has much better rates and in DD's opinion, a much better pool. That's very important for an 8 year old We are headed down for a SW/DC/Aquatica vacation next August and I usually do laundry 1/2 way through the trip.

Can you walk to both SW and Aquatica? I don't want to have to pay to park at the hotel AND then again at the parks.

Any tips on the hotel would be awesome!
Actually,HGVC Seaworld has 3 great pools! We loved the large one with the waterfall with the beautiful lake view! Having an in-unit full size washer and dryer is priceless,especially when it is hot and you are changing clothes a lot and/or swimming everyday.We got a terrific AAA rate,and they are always running specials to be competitive.For 6 nights,I really recommend a suite with full kitchen and washer/dryer. Plus-HGVC has free parking and a free shuttle to take you to Seaworld if you choose not to walk in the heat!
KittenLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #14
Danibelle
DIS Veteran
 
Danibelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
I recommend this one and have stayed there twice. I did walk to SW but I think it would be too far/too complicated to walk to Aquatica. The pool at the Renaissance is very nice and there is a pool bar. The other thing that might be a negative is no self serve laundry onsite.
__________________
Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenLittle View Post
Actually,HGVC Seaworld has 3 great pools! We loved the large one with the waterfall with the beautiful lake view! Having an in-unit full size washer and dryer is priceless,especially when it is hot and you are changing clothes a lot and/or swimming everyday.We got a terrific AAA rate,and they are always running specials to be competitive.For 6 nights,I really recommend a suite with full kitchen and washer/dryer. Plus-HGVC has free parking and a free shuttle to take you to Seaworld if you choose not to walk in the heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danibelle View Post
I recommend this one and have stayed there twice. I did walk to SW but I think it would be too far/too complicated to walk to Aquatica. The pool at the Renaissance is very nice and there is a pool bar. The other thing that might be a negative is no self serve laundry onsite.

The W/D will definately come in handy and it's a big selling point for me with a summer trip, as is the extra space, but right now the rate, even the AAA rate, is WAY beyond what I will pay. Pools are very important to DD and my girl loves a slide. Wish HGVC had a pool with one because then my choice would be much easier. The free parking is a big perk too. Right now the rates at Renaissance are fantastic, but not having self service laundry and a $16/day rate to park is killing me! I'm just going to keep waiting and looking....
__________________
Me40; DH39; DD10





Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.