Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
zinderella
Surely they make special allowances for mad Mummys

All the Firsts Trip Report- Day One (more pics added)

Monday 25th Oct

Got up about 7.00, showered and woke the kids up. Went for an excellent breakfast at the French Connection attached to the Premier Inn. Looked like most of the families there were staying there for the same reason as us ......on their way to Disneyland Paris! I have nothing but praise for the staff at the Premier Inn, they were lovely and friendly and really helpful. I think customer service in the South East is a bit more on the ball than where we live, both Mum and I were really impressed.

Our taxi arrived at 9.30 to take us to Ashford international. We found our way to the correct departure gate and Mum noticed the Disney Express desks and asked if we needed to go there. I said no we didn't as the lady on the phone had been most explicit in that we didn't do anything until we had got to the other end. Luckily I listened to my mum and went up anyway,as we were given the kids packs, checked off a list and given luggage tickets to attach to our bags. We were then told to collect park tickets when we got to the other end.

Had a very enjoyable journey..and guess what, half way thru the journey we WERE given our park tickets and hotel easy pass and check in documents!!!! so misinformation all the way!!! Not that we were complaining, it made things so much easier. We collected our luggage from the baggage compartment, left it with Disney Express and OFF WE WENT!!!!!

Needless to say, Mum was just astounded at how beautiful everything was, and just wanted to stroll slowly down Main Street soaking in the atmosphere. I think she was a bit overwhelmed, and never imagined Disneyland was so 'complete' an experience, if you know what I mean. We walked through the Castle and into Fantasyland, making our way through Belle's Christmas Village to Small World which is always our first ride, of course! told Mum not to worry about taking pictures as you miss so much doing that if it's your first time on the ride. Although the park was quite busy, the queue wasn't too long. On the way out eldest DD missed the 'bit at the end' which she used to love , sad to see it go. Then we actually got to go on Casey Jnr le petit train du cirque. hooray! That was the first of our many 'firsts' of this trip. Smallest DD totally loved it, and we all thought it was a good ride even if it could do with being a bit longer!

We had hoped to go on the Storybook ride but it was closed,completely drained and not looking like it was about to open anytime soon:

After that it was the Carousel which was practically a walk on.

We had a bit of a wander around the shops and park and watched the New Generation show at the castle stage, it was brilliant even tho we chose a really silly place to watch it from..had a great side view though and Erin got her hair ruffled by Buzz Lightyear as he was getting ready to go on stage,

Mike was HILARIOUS...he kept tripping over, did really bad dancing....poor CM in that costume, clearly couldn't see a thing but he really did make us laugh!!!!

after that we watched the Parade and headed out of the park.

We had planned to go to the hotel, check in and then eat at the hotel, but decided it would make eating too late for the girls, and Annette's looked quiet so we decided to eat there instead, which was great as it was on my list of things to do, and I got to use my shareholders card discount for the first time. We were seated and served really quickly, had a lovely waiter, very funny and attentive. I had the burger Verde with lovely avocado and Mum had the Spanish burger which was delicious all washed down with 2 beers. No room for dessert for the Biggies, but just as the girls were tucking into their ice-cream the rock n roll show started...and Mum was pulled up to dance, much to the delight of her grandchildren- who refused to go with her!

Then off to the Sequoia Lodge to check in and retrieve our bags, quick smooth check in, nice early breakfast slots and lovely clean room on the fourth floor, nearish to the lifts, with a great view of the Panoramagique balloon. Was very pleased. Mum got the girls ready for bed and I got ready to go out and meet friends and experience my first night time in the park....yay!

First ride was Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, never been on it before , now it's my fave ride for sure. Then a wander around Halloween land which wasn't really busy but very dark and another first, Phantom Manor.Great CM who really made us laugh in the pre-ride bit. Enjoyed PM but not fussed to go on again. Then over to DiscoveryLand which is possibly the best looking part of the park after dark, it looked stunning:

Then on to Star Tours, another first, which I thoroughly enjoyed and can't wait to take DH on at Christmas.

Had a look round Star Tours shop, and go DH an Emperor Pez which I though was hilarious...a dark lord of the Sith as a sweetie dispenser!!!!!

it was nearly 10 so we headed out of the park and into King Lugwigs for a much needed wheat beer which was delicious. Staggered with sore feet to the hotel and snuck quietly into bed.
End of a fabulous first day!

Day 1 First Count=8
1. Being with Mum@ Disney
2. Casey Jnr
3. Annettes Diner
4. Using Shareholders card
5. Park in the dark!
6. Big Thunder Mountain
7. Phantom Manor
8. Star Tours

Trip Report 2010-Day 1 Day 2 Day 3

2007 Halloween- Santa Fe, 2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay, 2010 Halloween- Sequoia Lodge, 2010 Christmas - Newport Bay (the trip we Won!) 2012 June 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge, 2013 May 1/2 term - Newport Bay

Last edited by zinderella; 11-02-2010 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added more pics
zinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

yay you've started your TR
We leave a week today so I'm hungry for new trip reports! Sounds like a brilliant start, loved reading about your mum's reaction to seeing the park for the first time
Can't wait to read more!
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
Skala
Mouseketeer

Wonderful first day - more please
Skala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Quick start to your TR! I loved the description of Disney as a complete holiday and how that surprises people on their first trip.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
zinderella

Yep, had to start it quick as my memory isn't great...it'll all fade otherwise!

2007 Halloween- Santa Fe, 2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay, 2010 Halloween- Sequoia Lodge, 2010 Christmas - Newport Bay (the trip we Won!) 2012 June 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge, 2013 May 1/2 term - Newport Bay
Old 11-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
zinderella

Dunno what's up with my photos, am resizing them in Photobucket to medium to help page loading, but some a HUGE and some, well one (!) is the size I intended. Sorry if this is messing people's browsing experience up!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
hazelj27
Mouseketeer

Great start and the pictures are very cool. My camera is broken and so I used Mum's. It's not wonderful and the 'dark' pictures I took, came out rubbish! Yours are great quality :-)

hazelj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #8
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Really enjoying your TR!

I love that your mom really soaked in the magic!! I took my mom a year ago to WDW and she would just stand there with her mouth open at times taking it all in and it was really special. Enjoy those special memories with your mom! ( I am trying NOT to book a trip to WDW for December for my mom - you know a little self control and restraint - and I but may end up doing it anyway - will wait to get home before I see if she wants to go back).
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:56 AM   #9
zinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover View Post
Really enjoying your TR!

I love that your mom really soaked in the magic!! I took my mom a year ago to WDW and she would just stand there with her mouth open at times taking it all in and it was really special. Enjoy those special memories with your mom! ( I am trying NOT to book a trip to WDW for December for my mom - you know a little self control and restraint - and I but may end up doing it anyway - will wait to get home before I see if she wants to go back).
Thank you! I will try to work on Day 3 as soon as possible! Bet your Mom would luuuuuurve to go back!!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Delighted to have found day 1!!! That's the first time I have read a trip report backwards! Brilliant report.

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #11
zinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfanswicklow View Post
Delighted to have found day 1!!! That's the first time I have read a trip report backwards! Brilliant report.
Thank you!

Still haven't finished day 3 or even done day 4!!! world of work has sucked me back in!!!!

Old 11-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

aw you can't leave us waiting too long!!!!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #13
zinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfanswicklow View Post
aw you can't leave us waiting too long!!!!
have now finished day three and added cafe Mickey Pics!

Old 09-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
tinks_1989
need a like button

/Where abouts in Somerset are you? x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #15
tdgarrett
Earning My Ears

Very nice thread, thanks for sharing.
tdgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread