Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #2176
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Wednesday US Show SPOILER!!!

Abby realizes she has feelings for Devon but before she can say anything Roxanne returns. Ricky tries flirting with Abby but he fails miserably in his attempts
Paul tells Heather he wants her and Ricky to spend the holidays with him. Paul also tells Heather about Chance being back, that he was working with Ronan
Ronan and Phyllis at Gloworm, she starts flirting with him while he does some flirting of his own. Ronan leaves to get back to work, he has to deal with Colin
Lily and Cane visit Colin in jail, he is confident he'll be out soon. Genevieve pays him a visit, tells him about an old friend who'll pay him a visit once he's deported
Ashley tells Tucker nothing has changed between them, she knows how much he loves her. The two plan their wedding and plan to marry before the holidays

Next - Nick and Sharon face off, Sharon says Nick thinks she deserves to be in jail ; Avery tells Adam she'd have more sympathy for him if he wasn't punishing Sharon ; Chloe has a surprise for Kevin

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #2177
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Updated november sweeps!

November Sweeps

Nikki: Inquiring minds want to know where she snuck off to the night of Diane's murder. Things look bad for Nikki when Diane's killer starts to frame her for the murder! Look for Victor and Nikki's epic romance to be reignited and front burner.

Billy/Cane: The Aussie con man sticks his neck out for for his faux brother. Cane understands the situation Billy is in with Victoria, because it's similar to what he just went through with Lily. Missing Delia, Billy also starts to empathize with what Cane did to protect his twins.

Adam/Sharon/Nick/Victor: Once Sharon gets sprung from jail, her choices stun everyone. Sharon attempts to put all her drama in the past and wants custody of little Faith. She also deals with her feelings for Adam, which may once again derail her other relationships

Ronan/Phyllis/Nick/Avery: Big Red gets to see a side of Ronan no one else has. Meanwhile, her little sister has her sights set on Nick. Nick realizes how similar Phyllis and Avery are, except Avery isn't as volatile, which he appreciates. Will Nick end up doing the nasty with Phyllis' sister?

Paul/Cricket: Ms. Blair hits town to deal with Colin. While back in Genoa City, Paul and Cricket talk about the good (and bad old days), especially Cricket's battle with the unhinged Isabella. Look for flashbacks of Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria in the role of Ricky's lethal madre!

From DaytimeConfidential

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #2178
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuggy View Post
While I still am on the fence if diane is really dead (I was thinking that she was behind the theft of the phone and the meeting the suspects were called to this week), after yesterday's ep, "Mirna" sure looks like Stacy Hudak.....(the last Patty).

While I have watched this soap since year 1, it's just not as good as it was when Bill Bell was alive.....
Agreed.. I've watched from day one too..

About that memory stick.. Did Adam really ditch the only one - or did he make a CD or something that will clear Sharon?
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #2179
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Y&R head writer catching heat for bad storylines

Ratings are sinking. Actors are furious. Stories are fragmented. Fans are demanding that Sony fire Y&R’s show runner Maria Arena Bell. And they’re not the only ones. What the heck is happening over at daytime’s number-one sudser?

First: the good news is that numerous — and we mean numerous — sources are reporting to Uncensored that controversial executive producer and head writer is finally aware of the increasing dissention on both sides of the small screen. “She’s on the warpath,” states a scared source. “She’s trying to find out who the traders are.”

Check the embroidered pillows, I suggest!

After numerous vacations over the summer, and winning her first Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing, Bell came back to find her once-loyal troops revolting against the cold and unimaginative machine she created and further fostered

So what’s really happening? Uncensored did some major digging….

Sony is letting Maria hang herself slowly,” lends one insider. “They’re definitely compiling a case against her.”
Any smart person knows that hiring your wife as your show runner also means (never having to say you’re sorry; but I digress) the possibility of having to fire her one day — why didn’t he realize this before? That is the question.

Yes, in theory, having a Bell in-law running the William Bell’s legacy sounds good on paper… and it did for a while… but now things are out of control.

Meanwhile, the classic sudser is drowning in bad ratings (just like Colleen Carlton) —and critical and fan backlash.

While I’m was a fan of Bell’s initial Y&R tenure and genuine intentions to get this show back in shape after Lynn Mare Latham’s short reign of terror, Uncensored finds more than enough cause to fire Bell just for the fact that she didn’t prepare Y&R in time to absorb orphan AMC viewers after the ABC soap aired its last episode on Sept. 23.

Conversely, Sony’s sibling soap, DAYS, welcomed AMC fans with open arms with big comebacks (Deidre Hall! Drake Hogestyn! Matt Ashford!); stellar, contemporary writing; outside-the-box PR; and improved production. Subsequently, DAYS shot up the demos and ratings. Consequently, Y&R sunk — even though it airs a half-hour opposite AMC’s old timeslot. Sad, because Y&R has more in common with AMC then it does with DAYS since Bill Bell and Agnes Nixon were Irna Phillips’ protégés. Discuss this over coffee at Crimson Lights.

Yes, La In-Law Bell hired AMC Emmy-winning fan fave Debbi Morgan but she didn’t debut on Y&R a week after AMC went off the air. B&B made sure Jacob Young, who played JR on AMC, was on the show before it left the airwaves for good. It seems everyone was prepared to attract AMC viewers— including my dog, Kayla — except daytime’s number-one soap.

Creatively, Y&R should have been sound by the time AMC faded off to the soap heavens, and its super star Melody Thomas Scott (who has been off the show since April) should have returned on the Monday AMC’s lame replacement, The Chew, debuted.

It’s not brain science.

Instead, Y&R fans were greeted with contrived storytelling and universally disliked characters. Where were the Newmans and Abbotts? They should have been front and centre. Apparently, Bell thought opening and closing important Monday and Friday shows with the maligned and boring Sofia/Neil/Malcolm storyline — and showcasing octogenarian Jeanne Cooper in every show (love her; but give her a break!) was the way to go.

How is that working out for you, Ave Maria?

While sources attest that Maria isn’t writing the show (co-head writers Hogan Sheffer and Scott Hamner are with their pre-pubescent tastes), she’s allowing them to run the show into the ground with their copycat mystery and adventure storylines that are in direct opposition with the soap’s history and identity. So she is to blame, because she’s the boss.

“Maria takes credit when the show does something right,” points out another mole. “So it makes sense that she has to take the blame when the show is horrible. And she never does. After all, she’s a character-driven writer. I have no idea what she’s writing other than Gen’s storyline.”

Since it’s dicey to fire a Bell (even one by marriage), Sony would be wise to re-hire Sally Sussman Morina and Jack Smith (who were Bill Bell’s protégés — and won joint Emmys for helming Y&R five years ago) as co-head writers — and keep Maria as an executive producer in name only. Sony can hire someone to co-executive produce, ala DAYS.

If I was Bill Bell Jr., I would say to Maria: “Honey, I love you but I refuse to have you ruin my father’s legacy… just because I pound you every night. And that’s not how you — or I —want to go down in history as the people responsible for destroying a show that has been number-one in the ratings for almost three decades.”

Nelson Branco: Article in Restless Soap Talk Forum

Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #2180
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

I so agree with that article....and talk about repeating stories...we have Patty coming back yet no one has been notified she is missing.....and if its because she did a switch again..well been there done that already also....

And Paul has no idea...the man that would be visiting her constantly....go figure....they are writing as if we are all stupid....

If were bored imagine how bored the actors must be...

As far as the memory stick...Ronan has it in the stuff that was dug up in the stream....that's another thing....they find a memory card and they have not looked at it yet....or is just siting in a locked up room of evidence still not looked at.....how long has it been....

As for the article I may have to start watching Days....use to watch ATWT and GL....loved those soaps for years....also watched B&TB....but when it switched to the morning here I lost interest.

It's one thing to have q story line last a long time and keep you engaged....it's another when they keep the story line long and boring...

just relax Mun :wooho
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #2181
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

if you guys are on twitter Cane (Daniel) is going to be tweeting live during the show at 12.30 EST

should be interesting
Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #2182
TnTsParty
DIS Veteran

I thought the last we saw Patti was when Adam helped her escape in the nun outfit. Didn't she run to Canada or something like that. Did she ever get caught after that?
Disney Races ~ TOT 13k 2007~1:36:12 ~ Minnie 15k 2008~1:49:39 ~ EEC w/DH ~ Disney 26.2 Marathon 2009~5:44:28 ~ Princess 1/2 Marathon ~2:32:15 ~ 2010 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge~1/2 Marathon 2:54:27~Full Marathon 6:02:48 ~ 2011 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge #2 ~1/2 Marathon 2:44:18~Full Marathon 5:46:54

Missing my BEST Brother in Law ~ Erik 04/30/1971~04/30/2009 ~ you're in our thoughts EVERYDAY
Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #2183
doombuggy
DIS Veteran

Great article! Thanks for sharing it, Honny! That woman needs to go and this show needs to get back on track! It's been derailed for years, although I do like the new additions (Genie, Steve, Tristan) but the story lines suck!
1974 - 1983 day trips to WDW*1992 WDW offsite *1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW offsite*1997 Polynesian*1998 DL PAC* 1999 DLH*2000 Port Orleans & Coronado*2001 WDW offsite*2002 DLH*2002 WDW Happy Haunts Ball*2003 Port Orleans/Riverside*2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball* 2004 Star Wars Weekends*moved to Orlando July 2004*2006 DLR * 2007 Pirates & Princess Party*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 DL GCH*2009 BLT *2009 AKV*2010 OKW*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL/Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani
Old 10-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #2184
FLRunna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Ratings are sinking. Actors are furious. Stories are fragmented. Fans are demanding that Sony fire Y&R’s show runner Maria Arena Bell. And they’re not the only ones. What the heck is happening over at daytime’s number-one sudser?

Nelson Branco: Article in Restless Soap Talk Forum
I wonder if she's the reason no one from Y&R paricipates in the new show Dirty Soap.... Has anyone else seen it? It’s a reality show starring soap stars, their personal lives, etc. The goal seems to be to try to hook some of the young reality show viewers, so they can re-create an interest in daytime TV stars and the soaps they’re in. : …It’s on the E! channel. I was wondering why there are no Y&R cast members on there! There’s a B&B cast member, and some General Hosp, and OLTL and DOOL. I thought Y&R might restrict their actors from this kind of thing.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #2185
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRunna View Post
I wonder if she's the reason no one from Y&R paricipates in the new show Dirty Soap.... Has anyone else seen it? It’s a reality show starring soap stars, their personal lives, etc. The goal seems to be to try to hook some of the young reality show viewers, so they can re-create an interest in daytime TV stars and the soaps they’re in. : …It’s on the E! channel. I was wondering why there are no Y&R cast members on there! There’s a B&B cast member, and some General Hosp, and OLTL and DOOL. I thought Y&R might restrict their actors from this kind of thing.
Christel (Lily) wanted to do Dirty Soap but Y&R told her she couldn't based on her contract. She was pissed about it, she said so On Twitter when they gave her their answer.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #2186
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Christel (Lily) wanted to do Dirty Soap but Y&R told her she couldn't based on her contract. She was pissed about it, she said so On Twitter when they gave her their answer.
I saw that too. She said that her life was crazier than a soap opera, which I thought was weird because she's a mom and used to talk alot about religion.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #2187
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
I saw that too. She said that her life was crazier than a soap opera, which I thought was weird because she's a mom and used to talk alot about religion.
alot has changed in her life over the last year. Her husband announced ON TWITTER about 6 months ago that they were divorcing. When their son was born a few years ago, he came off as the deeply religious type, but when they separated, he wasted no time spilling their dirt on Twitter. I felt sorry for her.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #2188
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
alot has changed in her life over the last year. Her husband announced ON TWITTER about 6 months ago that they were divorcing. When their son was born a few years ago, he came off as the deeply religious type, but when they separated, he wasted no time spilling their dirt on Twitter. I felt sorry for her.
Oh wow - I had no idea. That's very sad, especially for their young child.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #2189
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
Oh wow - I had no idea. That's very sad, especially for their young child.
I believe it was all happening when they "killed" Cane off earlier this year. The raw emotion she had was genuine.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #2190
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Thursday US Show SPOILER

Chloe gets Victoria to help her propose to Kevin, she proposes by singing karoke. Kevin accepts
Nick tells Adam that Sharon needs him to be the man she believed him to be. Get her out of jail
Sharon suspects Avery is upto something but Avery won't say what it is. Wants her to have hope
Billy refuses to leave GC, Victor shows him something on the IPAD which changes Billy's mind
Victoria has yet another copy of the divorce papers, she finally makes up her mind and signs them
Nick and Sharon face off, tells her to face reality and is still pissed she let people think she was dead
Avery begs Adam to let her break the confidentiality agreement so they can find the memory card
Heather tells Chance that she still has feelings for him, wants another chance. Chance rejects her
Ronan and Chance fight about Nina, Chance wants him to come to dinner. Ronan gives in, shows up
Adam sees Heather getting drunk at the bar, he joins Heather who keeps getting more drunk

Next - Adam tells Heather to sleep it off in his room ; Sharon asks Victor not to testify ; Ronan and Phyllis have sex

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: