Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #2146
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Heather's name is disgraced after Adam seduces her and has the scandal on the front page of Restless Style.

Sharon is released and Heather leaves town.
Saw this one coming.....just glad she is almost gone!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #2147
december
DIS Veteran

soapcentral.com has lots of show/character history.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #2148
mafibisha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
I've watched this show since the very first episode - back in the 60's.. How much time do you have? LOL..

I'll bet if you did an online search you could find a synopsis from day one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
Just that some of us smash our heads against a wall in here with some of the storylines

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Got Disney" View Post
Me also I started the first week it was on....

You can also go to YouTube and watch back.....there are lots of people that have come and gone but if you just start watching you will catch on...it does not move very fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
soapcentral.com has lots of show/character history.
THANKS all! This may sound really weird, but I'm really excited about watching this soap! I was a GH fan for years, still am if home but its crazy busy after school during the year. So the timing of Y & R might just make it my guilty pleasure mid-day break!

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #2149
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

Mafibisha, here are a few things to know when watching Y & R. Some of it is really good, but some of it will make you want to scream! They do tend to drag story lines on too long though as if they just couldn't think of anything else to fill the time. One common thread is that no matter who's brother is married to "her", she's ok to be with.

Also, you will need to understand SORAS--when a child is born, it won't be little long, then when it is two (after about six months our time), they go to boarding school and six months later, they come back as 17 year olds.

There are family groups even if they have different last names on the show that always interact and marry over and over again.

The Newmans--Victor, Nikki, Nick, Victoria, Abby, Adam, Noah, Faith, Summer, Reed

The Abbotts--John (as a ghost now), Jack, Ashley, Tracy, Billy, Abby (also listed as Newman-child of Victor and Ashley), Kyle, Keemo

The Chancellors--Kay, Jill, Tucker, Devon, Billy (also listed as Abbott-grown child of John and Jill), Cane (almost), Chance, Phillip, Ronan

The Winters--Neil, Malcolm, Lily, Devon (adopted by Neil but really father by Tucker- he found out last week), Sophia and her new baby, Lily's twins by Cane

The Williams--Paul, Patty, Heather (not for much longer!!), Ricky

There are many more, but that's just a sampling so you get some idea of who is related to who.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #2150
Tinker Bell Fan
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the "who's who" - sometimes it's a little hard keeping track!

I started watching a few years back and got hooked - now it is the only soap I watch and keep up with.

So glad Heather is gone! I liked her on All My Children but not on Y&R.
Me (Michelle) Hubby (Steve) dog (Muffy) cat (RIP - Kaht - 1990-2011) DVC members since 2006 (SSR) Trips: 1976 (off-sight); 1994 (Coronado); 1990 (off-site); 2006 (FW cabin; SSR); 2007 (SSR); 2008 (SSR); 2009 (SSR); 2011 (BWV; SSR); 2012 (BWV)
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #2151
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Friday US Show SPOILER!!!!

Chance and Ronan show up to arrest Colin. Genevieve and Gloria learn that he ordered a hit for both of them, they confront him. Colin has lost diplomatic immunity, will go to jail for a long time!
Lily learns that Cane has been working for a long time to bring down Colin, that this was a huge investigation. Lily apologizes for not trusting Cane and decides she wants him back
Ashley and Tucker want to have a real wedding in front of family and friends, Ashley asks Abby to be her maid of honor. Abby is honored, she realizes Tucker's not a total jerk*and accepts
Everyone meets at the warehouse, Jack gets suspicious and realizes that Ronan may not be behind this after all. A film projector is played regarding Diane. Meanwhile we see "Myrna" at the hospital with Patty's tattoo!

Next - Adam also gets a text but it looks like he is asked to meet at another location ; Victor asks Adam what trouble he got himself into this time ; The film projector still plays for the murder suspects

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #2152
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Billy's SECERT SPOILER!!!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #2153
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

November Sweeps SCANS!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #2154
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

I'm sad that Geoffrey is gone. I was loving Kin Shriner in the role and so hoped he'd become a regular.

Oh well.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 10-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #2155
FLRunna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Chance and Ronan show up to arrest Colin. Genevieve and Gloria learn that he ordered a hit for both of them, they confront him. Colin has lost diplomatic immunity, will go to jail for a long time!
Lily learns that Cane has been working for a long time to bring down Colin, that this was a huge investigation. Lily apologizes for not trusting Cane and decides she wants him back
You know, Lily seems to be a really nice girl, IRL and while in character, but SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY..... HOW STUPID IS SHE?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #2156
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRunna View Post
You know, Lily seems to be a really nice girl, IRL and while in character, but SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY..... HOW STUPID IS SHE?
OMG! I said the exact same thing! Se reminded me of my kids when I would tell them to let the cookies cool before they eat them. That situation always ended with burned fingers and cookie crumbs on the floor! Lily is a total idiot! Cane told her to stay away, it wasn't safe. But she went anyway. I swear that girl has no common sense! I think even if Cane told her what he was doing with Ronan she still would have gotten involved!

Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #2157
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Lily reminds me of when ya pull the peddles off a flower...

I want him back...I don't want him back..I want him back...I don't want him back....UGH already!

I felt sorry for Goria....she really loved that looser....not only did he leave her but took all her money in the bank for the business...I wonder if he had to leave and disappear because of his working with the mob?

just relax Mun :wooho
Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #2158
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

I'm so aggravated! I went home today for lunch so I could see Y & R. I was so excited because I haven't been able to do that in a while but then... the unthinkable happened.... a press conference!! Now, it didn't bother me that he was telling that the troops were coming home. I'm thankful for that for their families. It aggravated me because the news people knew this all day. He didn't just decide that 10 minutes before. This was calculated to happen at that time.... right when I was home to see Y & R!!! Why not do it at 10 am this morning???
Old 10-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #2159
FLRunna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
I'm so aggravated! I went home today for lunch so I could see Y & R. I was so excited because I haven't been able to do that in a while but then... the unthinkable happened.... a press conference!! Now, it didn't bother me that he was telling that the troops were coming home. I'm thankful for that for their families. It aggravated me because the news people knew this all day. He didn't just decide that 10 minutes before. This was calculated to happen at that time.... right when I was home to see Y & R!!! Why not do it at 10 am this morning???
Here's my answer to those pesky press conferences....
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_young_and_the_restless/

This is the link to full episodes on cbs.com. There are no spoilers, just the recently shown episodes.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #2160
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Monday US Show SPOILER

We see the film projector playing clips of everyone fighting with a Diane, an argument breaks out between all the suspects and suspicion is on Adam
Adam gets a text to meet at the pumpkin patch, he sees a scarecrow wearing a nun's outfit. Adam realizes Patty's back in town, tries to contact her
Patty is in the hospital with burns to her body, she cringes as she watches Jack with Genevieve they are hugging and kissing, acting like a couple
After Genevieve tells Ronan about the text he heads to the warehouse, suspicious why everyone showed up and what really happened here tonight
Nick questions Phyllis, thinks she is hiding more than she is telling after seeing her chasing Diane with a rock. Phyllis says when she left Diane was alive
Abby drives all night, she is unable to figure out why she can't remember what happened the night of Diane's murder. The night is a complete blur to her
A package is sent to Adam, someone sent him Ronan's phone! Ronan shows up to see Adam and sees his phone, he doesn't believe it was sent to Adam

Next - Adam is taken to the station for questioning, he says Victor is behind this ; Victor tells Avery she's not obligated to him or Adam

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: