Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #181
NC State
DIS Veteran

I agree Kurby....this is a rerun story line....BORING

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #182
dvcfamily41801
Has realized you can NEVER have too many DVC points
Would love to be a teachers assistant in an elementary school
Florida Project station takes me to my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
I just don't see why Phyllis cares who killed Skye. Maybe she'll get with Adam since they are both without a mate. It really doesn't matter to me who they are with as long as it's not Nick and Sharon. I'm all for those two staying together.

And where is that hot mess Nikki? Off with her boy-toy Deacon? That one makes me !!
I said from the get go that Adam & Phyllis would be a pretty hot couple. If she isnt going to be with Jack. Which, by the way I love when he calls her Red. Its so cute.

Um was anyone else shocked that Heather could spell let alone type a medication that she saw fall on the floor. Please please tell me her and Ronan are not headed toward something. I want Ronan and Kevin to fight over her.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #183
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

I don't care about anyone fighting over her... I just want her gone!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #184
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

SPOILERS for the week of 11/29

Lauren has a melt down in front of Jill

Nick tries to find Sharon but will it be too late for their relationship?

Diane tries to play house with Jack and Kyle

Victor leaves town with a dark secret

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 11-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #185
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Victor SPOILER!!!

Victor's revenge plot against Jack and Adam is that he pulls out all his money from the Hedge Fund causing both of them to lose all the money they invested.

Michael warns Victor that this could lead to a legal nightmare for him and blow up in his face. But Victor goes ahead with his plan anyway. The writer previewing the story line said that Victor may have won this battle but he could lose the war.

There were also hints that this was only the one step in Victor's plan to destroy Adam.

One of the soap magazines quoted a writer as saying that Victor will also seek revenge against Deacon as pay back for finding him with Nikki. There was no mention if Nikki and Deacon's relationship continues or if Deacon was returning. But the fact that Victor is going after Deacon may be an indicator that Deacon will be back.

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #186
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

just how is Victor supposed to remove the funds from the Newman Fund???

the investment account is in Jacks name

are we honestly supposed to believe that Victor's going to be able to withdrawl money from an account that isn't his????

that's called stealing and for that amount of money it would be called Grand Theift punishable by..................... well in Victors case............. a slap on the wrist
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #187
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Nick & Sharon SPOILER!!!

Sharon Leaves Nick

Last week, Sharon accidentally took a bracelet from Fenmore's without paying for it. Even though she returned the bauble and Lauren forgave her, Sharon realizes her sticky fingers underscore a bigger problem. "That's what clues her in that there is more going on under the surface," Hamner reasons. "Sharon has been in denial about the depth of the feelings that she has for Adam. She feels the only way to consider it objectively is to get away from it all."

Nick and Sharon had planned to officially announce their engagement on Thanksgiving, and he's sucker punched when she says she wants to be on her own for the holiday. "Nick and Sharon have been heading in this direction of reconciliation and marrying again for months," says Hamner. "They have been taking baby steps and moving forward steadily. There's been absolutely nothing to indicate to Nick that he should expect this."

Since Nick remains clueless that Sharon is still hung up on his brother, he wonders if she wants to leave because she regrets accepting his proposal. "It's hard for Nick to really fathom how Sharon could possibly have those feelings for Adam," explains Hamner. "He doesn't get it. The doubts that he attributes to her are more about their own past, the history between them rather than suspecting that Adam is truly a rival here."

After Nick tries unsuccessfully to change Sharon's mind, he later runs into Phyllis at Crimson Lights and reveals that his marriage plans may be off. "Phyllis is at a very interesting point," says Hamner. "She surprises herself. When Phyllis hears this, instead of having a lot of feelings about it, to her, it's just news. There's a feeling of relief, a feeling that she's kind of broken past that point of grieving."

But that doesn't stop Phyllis from blabbing to Adam that Sharon is having second thoughts about marrying Nick. "She's not passing on this news because she believes in the happily ever after for Sharon and Adam," Hamner shares. "Phyllis is more aware that the connection between Sharon and Adam is still strong. Deep down inside, Nick just doesn't believe it, whereas Phyllis does see it."

As Sharon prepares to leave Genoa City, she informs Nick that she doesn't want anyone to know her destination. "She rightfully guesses one or the other of these guys is going to follow her if they know where she is," says Hamner. "She makes sure that Faith is taken care of and tells everyone that she can be reached by cell phone if they need her. Then she's gone."

Next stop: New Orleans.

Thanks to Android at DR for the article

Old 11-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #188
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Friday US Show SPOILER!!!

* Sharon says she won't wear her ring until everyone is told about her engagement. Adam sees she's not excited about her engagement and her trying to convince herself this is the right thing to do. Adam reminds Sharon of everything Nick put her through. Sharon learns Adam's back with Skye, reminds him Skye's using him
* Victor tells Nick why he and Jack are working together, it is to bring Adam down but Nick is upset when he realizes Abby and Victoria were right. Victor is using funds from Nick, Victoria, Abby's trusts to fund what he and Jack are doing
* Diane finds out that Jack paid her bill at the Athletic Club for her stay there, he knows she is tight with money right now and wanted to help. They make plans to spend Thanksgiving together. Later, Jack goes back to Phyllis, they are back together
* Sharon returns the bracelet to Lauren and admits that she does not know if this was an accident or her stealing again. Lauren advises Sharon to get away, it is good for the soul to step back and get a perspective. Later, Sharon takes Lauren's advice and tells Nick she is going away by herself
* Nina wants Ronan to spend Thanksgiving with her but he says he has to work. Heather is offered a job by Michael to lessen his workload, she accepts. She sees Ronan, threatens to expose his illness to Nina if he doesn't spend Thanksgiving with Nina (Neither Heather or Ronan know that Nina is trying to play cupid)

Next - Nick asks Sharon if she regrets accepting his proposal; Jack is upset with Victor over something he did; Skye is pissed off with Adam, looks like he may be leaving her again

Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #189
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) TV Guide Interview

Young and the Restless' Michelle Stafford: Still Keeping Phyllis Crazy After All These Years
Nov 18, 2010 01:12 PM ET
by Michael Logan

It's been 16 years since Michelle Stafford hit The Young and the Restless as scheming rock groupie Phyllis Summers - and two Emmys and eight nominations later she's still playing it bad to the bone. These days Phyllis is a hotshot magazine editor with a poisonous blog that's pissing off half of Genoa City. And she's always on the lookout for smarm! On November 29, the flame-haired nutjob will head to New Orleans to get the scoop on Adam Newman (Michael Muhney) after the mysterious disappearance of his wife, Skye (Laura Stone). While there, Phyllis also finds her ex-husband Nick (Joshua Morrow) and archenemy Sharon (Sharon Case). Y&R shot four episodes in the Big Easy (they begin airing November 24) with locations ranging from the French Quarter to the allegedly haunted Lafayette Cemetery. TV Guide Magazine had a chat with Stafford who was - as always - funny, spicy and testy as hell. The big surprise? She's actually okay about becoming a TV granny!

TV Guide Magazine: What is it with Phyllis? When Y&R went on location to Paris, she coincidentally popped up there and caught Sharon and Nick kissing. Now she's coincidentally in New Orleans to stalk them some more.
Stafford: Obviously they can't live without the Stafford and they've gotta bring me on these location shoots! [Laughs] Hey, it's a free trip. And I'm not one to turn down a free trip.

TV Guide Magazine: So give us some New Orleans story scoop, babe!
Stafford: Phyllis thinks Adam killed Skye so she follows him to New Orleans to get the story. But then it gets juicier. Phyllis runs into Nick and Adam and finds out that Sharon is also down there, so this gets Phyllis wondering if maybe Sharon is in on the murder, too.

TV Guide Magazine: Can't the gal give it a rest? Why does Phyllis remain so obsessed with Sharon?
Stafford: She is not obsessed with Sharon!

TV Guide Magazine: Oh, stop! Of course she is.
Stafford: No. I don't really see it like that.

TV Guide Magazine: You're kidding, right? What show are you watching?
Stafford: I never play it like Phyllis is obsessed with Sharon. They'll certainly write it that way, but I don't play it that way because it's ridiculous. Sharon went after Nick and he keeps going after Sharon but Phyllis has to let all that go because she has to get some self-respect here. She can't keep hanging on to all that stuff. It makes her upset but it doesn't make her obsessed with Sharon.

TV Guide Magazine: How come Phyllis conveniently forgets she bedded Nick when he was married to Sharon?
Stafford: Logan, don't we all? As human beings we conveniently forget what we do to others and look instead at what's been done to us. That's pretty much true of every character on Y&R. Anyway, Phyllis didn't really go after Nick. She fell in love with him.

TV Guide Magazine: Jeez, you're so touchy about this stuff.
Stafford: Hey, I can tear it apart and think that all these people in Genoa City need to get a life, but as the character I have to work it out and make it make sense because I gotta play it every day. As Michelle, I feel the same way as the viewers t-hat these two broads are crazy!

TV Guide Magazine: Why does Phyllis think it's perfectly kosher to use her magazine and website when she's got a personal ax to grind? She'd never get away with that in the real world.
Stafford: Oh, my gosh, that so goes on with magazines and news shows all the time, Logan! There's definitely an agenda with the news that's intended to sway the opinions of people.

TV Guide Magazine: Sure, when it comes to politics or religion, but not some personal squabble between two conniving dames who are after the same man.
Stafford: It does happen in news and journalism.

TV Guide Magazine: I can see I'm not going to win this one. You're so interestingly argumentative today.
Stafford: Because I do think it happens in the real world but people are more savvy and covert about it. [Laughs] Phyllis needs to work on that.

TV Guide Magazine: Still, you gotta hand it to her - she does have balls! Most evil bloggers sit home gaining weight in their pajamas while they attack the world. Phyllis is out and proud and walking among the very people she's assaulting.
Stafford: And maybe she's going to pay for that. You never want to win too long in a storyline. You eventually want to lose. Phyllis is sort of winning right now, meaning she's writing these stories and there aren't a lot of ramifications. Eventually, it's got to come back to bite her. That's my guess. And when it does I hope that it's something good - big and good! .

TV Guide Magazine: Speaking of kids, let's discuss that recent situation where Phyllis wrote a nasty-*** exposé on Diane and it really upset Diane's young son, Kyle. Phyllis didn't give a crap about the poor kid's feelings. It was pretty cold.
Stafford: God bless the writers because they actually had Phyllis feeling bad but I wouldn't play it like that. The writers are always trying to preserve any sort of goodness and decency that she has. But I'm like, wait a second! Let's not forget that Diane worked very hard to put Phyllis in prison. Diane burned down the pool house and threw her body under a car. She did all this to get Jack! It was a two-year storyline! When someone who has done all that suddenly comes back to town saying. "Oh, hi! I've changed!" you don't just take it. You're, like, fuhgeddaboudit! So, no, Phyllis wasn't sorry about the effect that article had on Diane's kid. He should know his mother is a horrible person. Phyllis is trying to do something right for this town - at least that's the way she's worked it out in her mind.

TV Guide Magazine: Lately I've seen people on the fan boards and podcasts noting that this current Phyllis - the toxic blogger - is much more like the old Phyllis, the one who tried to run down Paul and Cricket with her car back in the '90s. I'm guessing you're going to disagree with that.
Stafford: To be honest, it kind of annoys me. Phyllis has never stopped being Phyllis. She's been variations of Phyllis - she is broken, she does bad things, she is confidant, she is fiery and strong and then incredibly weak. That's all her. You know what I'm saying?

TV Guide Magazine: Yeah, except we watched as the writers whitewashed your character, putting her into a period of domesticity and mommyhood where she became rather tame. She turned into a bit of a heroine, and during Diane's reign of terror, a victim. I think the fans are just happy to finally have their ***** goddess back.
Stafford: You can't be a bad girl for too long or you're written off the show. To preserve the character you have to make her a heroine sometimes, you know? But I don't think Phyllis was ever really a heroine except for a short time when she was pregnant. She wanted to find Prince Charming. She wanted love, just like most women. I was cool with all of that. I thought it was real. I understand that people want to see a strong Phyllis. Maybe more of that is coming up, but if I'm too bad I won't stay on the show for long. [Laughs] But then I'll just go to another show, right?

TV Guide Magazine: General Hospital is waiting! You're now a mom in real life, and doing it solo. How has that changed you?
Stafford: I can't talk to certain people about my daughter without getting weepy, and it's just embarrassing. I'm, like, Michelle, get a f--king grip! The amount of work it takes being a single mom - the fact that your entire world now revolves around this one person - really changes you. And to not have any more emphasis or attention on your own self is really sort of startling. I now understand the universal importance of parenthood as a job, a job and a responsibility to do right by your kid. I think my kid is spectacular. But I haven't turned into Mother Teresa who loves all kids, even bratty ones who drip ice cream on my shoe. That's a horrible quote, but I never want to turn into that person.

TV Guide Magazine: But I get you. We're now in a world where everyone thinks they gave birth to the next baby Jesus.
Stafford: We are, aren't we? I love that you said that. My own mom is like, "Oh, my God, what's with all this pregnancy s--t? Everybody makes it such a big deal. Back in my day we had the baby and we got on with it."

TV Guide Magazine: Now it's considered a superhuman accomplishment. And we can watch all those rich actresses with hired help on The Talk yapping about how hard it is to be a mom!
Stafford: Some of my girlfriends try to throw that on me. They say "Oh, my husband doesn't help." And I say, "You have got to be f--king kidding me! At least you have a husband! Even if he just sits there watching TV holding a beer with one hand and j--king off with the other one, he's still another body in the shop who can watch your kid while you take a shower!"

TV Guide Magazine: And now Phyllis is going to be a grandmother! How are you adjusting to that recent plot development?
Stafford: One day someone in our wardrobe department, who gets all the story stuff in advance, said, "You're not gonna like this! You're not gonna like this! You're gonna be a grandma!" People think I should be horrified, but I think it's awesome! It humanizes Phyllis and balances out all that funky s--t she does. And I just love that! Most women who are at an age where they can become a grandmother do have an issue with that. So even though they're not really writing it that way for me, I keep playing it as if Phyllis has a big problem with it. I think it's much more realistic. And it's definitely Phyllis.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #190
dvcfamily41801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
I don't care about anyone fighting over her... I just want her gone!
Ooops! I meant that to be Ronan & Kevin fighting over Chloe!!! And boring Chance can come back and take Heather into Witness Protection with him!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #191
Soapnut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby
just how is Victor supposed to remove the funds from the Newman Fund???

…I know the preview says he removes funds but I think what might actually happen is that he shorts the stock that the hedge fund had invested in (that’s why Jack had to get into Skye’s computer that day-so he could get a list of the investments). I think I remember he and Jack discussing doing that.

OKOKOK!!. The best line ever written in soap history!—the best line ever delivered in soap history!--Adam says to Jack—“You know the hole in the middle of your face that keeps making noise?...you should shut it!” I swear I laughed out loud!!

Second best line ever delivered in soap history by a blind guy (the same blind guy who killed the child’s father)!—“Did you see the look on that little guy’s face? How’m I supposed to forget that?!” oh these writers!...they kill me!! Seriously…HE's BLIND!!...did HE see the look on that little guy's face?

Brilliant suggestion by an executive in a multi-billion dollar company (as told to the CEO of that company who is skeptical of a multimillion dollar salaried employee)—“We could run a standard background check…” Ummmm…DUUUH! Come on, Tucker…seriously?? Really??....did Neil really have to suggest that? I’m sure they’d do a background check on the guy making $7/hour in the mailroom!!

So…my predictions
1. Crazy Jana’s gonna kill Daisy!! ….or steal the baby…or do something to redeem herself, impress Kevin and relieve Lauren’s stress!
2. Neil and Sofia are gonna have an affair.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:08 AM   #192
dvcfamily41801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapnut View Post

…2. Neil and Sofia are gonna have an affair.
Oh who didnt see THAT coming!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #193
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Nick & Phyllis SPOILER!!!

Victor pulls all his money out of the Newman Fund early w/o telling Jack, and so Jack and his investor friends lose a lot of money, and it's discovered that Victor and Jack were in cahoots. Jack scrambles to pick up the pieces while Victor gloats having won this round. Again. Jack vows revenge and to recover. Again.

Sharon realizes she stole a bracelet from Fenmore's, and Lauren forgives her, but this signals to Sharon she needs to put the brakes on things with Nick, and take time to herself. She doesn't want to tell her destination so they won't follow and can only be reached via phone. Nick thinks she's pulling back because of their past, but also doesn't realize it could be about unresolved stuff with Adam. He runs into Phyllis and tells her his marriage might be off, and she in turn...finds Adam and makes sure he knows Sharon and Nick's wedding may not happen.

Additional Spoilers

Kevin wants to know if Chloe has feelings for Ronan on the 23rd, and Abby is hurt trying to reach out to Victor.

Skye goes missing on November 24th, and eyes are upon Adam.

From CBS Board

Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #194
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

soap nut - adam isn't blind - he's going blind. but can still see.

it's never been said he is totally blinde. my grandmother had sight like that - eventually he SHOULD go completely blinde but he's got a small circle where he can see clearly but everything around is blurred out.

at one point my grandmothers sight went from that to seeing only shadows to being totally blinde a few years before she died.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #195
Kurby

Originally Posted by Soapnut View Post

…2. Neil and Sofia are gonna have an affair.

Oh who didnt see THAT coming!!!

that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. i can't stand that women. not because she's a big girl but because she's TOTALLY OBNOXIOUS

what on earth would Neil see in her unless it's just to get back at Melcom for sleeping with Drew and being the father of Lily then having the nerve to come back into their lives. if that's the case i say GET OVER IT it was a million years ago
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: