Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

A trip report...1year old takes on Disney!

to my trip report its my first hopefully not the last. I did do a ptr with rather few readers but no matter. this is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2463506 if anyone wants to check it out...on with show!!
I,Shunica 24,along with some of my family took my son, devyn, and my nephew to disney for the 1st time. we stayed at pop century october 7-10th. I am a single mom and full time student studying respiratory therapy and i work( hence no time) and so i needed this break and i turned it into a 1st birthday celebration for my son, devyn. He is my joy and after five months of bedrest he is truely a blessing. here we are

I still havent downloaded all my pics yet cause i had to get right back into school mode after the trip but i will tomorrow.. i will mention my spelling can be off and i tend to write shorthand but i will try not to but if not excuse me beforehand
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010

Last edited by leshunlenese; 12-29-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Dina Monster
Mouseketeer

It's all good! I'm one board can't wait to read how your trip went! Where are you from in GA? I used to live in Warner Robins, which is 30 minutes outside of Macon for 7 years.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina Monster View Post
It's all good! I'm one board can't wait to read how your trip went! Where are you from in GA? I used to live in Warner Robins, which is 30 minutes outside of Macon for 7 years.
HEY!!I know where that is. i live in atlanta area and i actually drive an hour everyday to school in macon and i have done clinicals at houston medical!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

the day before travel

I guess its best to start the day before. anyone that looked at my PTR knew that the day before was very busy. I had a test and a paper due the day before. Imagine sitting in a mechanical ventilation test and trying to concetrate but all that geos through your head is "at this time tomorrow, i will be home!" Its kind of hard but i managed to pull a B off the test. After school i decided to pick up devyn from daycare early and finish packing and my little one was a big help

I havent flown but once in my lifetime and i remember calling my sister because at the age of 28, she has never flown before and she told me she had it under control but later i will tell you how much? we went to sleep early ,or i tried but to excited to sleep, ready to get up at 6 am for the flight!!
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Travel day

We woke up bright and early. I, of course, was the first one up and devyn followed. we got dressed and did last minute packing. i put devyn on this shirt. Thanks to marion here on the dis for making it.

Our dirve to the airport was uneventful but long. anyone here in atlanta knows how the morning traffic is so a regular 40 minute drive turned into an hour and a half which wasnt tooo bad. two people in our party had a earlier flight but we, mom, dad, devyn, and I, met Dsis and nephew at the gate. we did online check in for our flight so we just checked some bags and went through security. This is where i mentioned as well as my mom several times about the 3 oz rule for carryons. keep in mind Dsis is in her late 20's and has never been on a plane or pass security in an airport. we even gave her the website for security and she swore she looked through it. Devyn did well at the airport through security. he was just looking at everything.As im talking to the lady caude i had baby food and milk for DS, Dsis is being pulled to the side and i see regular sized toothpaste, lotion, a big tube of coco butter, face cleanser, and hair products being pulled out and i look over and tell the lady, i thought i told her she could NOT bring those. If i had known she had them i would have put them in my suitcase before i checked it. It was not funny because she was like in shock becasue it was all new, she just bought that stuff the day before and never used them. We quietly watched them take it away and as we walked towards the gate.
We had a while before our flight so we got some breakfast and got a few pics

look at papa with his boys. its funny my dad had girls and all of us had boys

you will find that took many mini photo shoots of devyn, more than i should.
Next: we finally make it to the sunshine state!
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

Old 11-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Dina Monster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
HEY!!I know where that is. i live in atlanta area and i actually drive an hour everyday to school in macon and i have done clinicals at houston medical!
You go to Macon everyday for school?? That's crazy! I don't think I could do that! I hate my 1/2 commute to work everyday. It's an hour in total. But good start so far! I love air ports! I have flown on a plane more times than I can count. I think my first ride was when I was 3 months old. My last plane ride was in May to the World. :P

I can't wait to hear the rest of your TR I hope your baby took to the plane well!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You go to Macon everyday for school?? That's crazy! I don't think I could do that! I hate my 1/2 commute to work everyday. It's an hour in total. But good start so far! I love air ports! I have flown on a plane more times than I can count. I think my first ride was when I was 3 months old. My last plane ride was in May to the World. :P

I can't wait to hear the rest of your TR I hope your baby took to the plane well!!!
its not to bad unless i have to drive to houston medical then i dont like it. we have 2 other in my class and few others in the other classes that drive from atlanta too. i only have one semester left and im hoping i can do an externship closer to home.
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Dina Monster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
its not to bad unless i have to drive to houston medical then i dont like it. we have 2 other in my class and few others in the other classes that drive from atlanta too. i only have one semester left and im hoping i can do an externship closer to home.
Oh that will be great for you then! I hope it works out! I haven't been to the houston medical center only on base. I lived there for seven years an air force Dependant for a bit then joined myself and they sent me to Japan, then I ended up here in Tucson.

But with only one semester left there is light at the end of the tunnel haha! What exactly are you doing with you degree?

I am trying to get into the medical field too. I'm studying to be a Dietitian.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

We made it!!

our plane ride was uneventful. Devyn did not start out to well but quickly went to sleep and stayed the whole flight. the way back was the same but better because he was sleep before we left and after. i think i tired him out this weekend. We found magical express and people were everywhere.

We were in line and i would think we were almost there and this curve came out of nowhere and swoop the line the other way.

but we soon saw this wonderful sign

brings me to tears of joy everytime. we made a stop at the caribbean resort until we made it here......

no one was in the online check in line. It was super quick and we found out we were in the 90's building but we were told only one room was ready. The room for devyn and i , wa were told, would not be ready till 4pm!!!are you kidding me?? nope but she told us the rooms were connecting. We go into the other room and see the connecting doors were open and it was cleaned and our key was already working so we went on in. It was about 2pm, so we ate lunch at the resort. i had the cheese steak wrap and it was sssooooo good!!!sorry i have no pics. im afraid my food pron pics are a bit minimal. After lunch we change a few shirts and made our way to Mickey's not so scary halloween party!!
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #10
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

almost MNSSHP time!

We made our way to the bus stop to MK but not before we put on these t-shirts. thanks to Milliepie!! people loved it and thought i had got it in a store personilized. Its a bad pic, dev is not looking and well we know what happens to hair in FL.

we had to stop at will call and there was no line. it was just about 4:30pm.. This is the one season i have never been to disney and i must say that it has become my favorite. I love the weather when i can put on jeans and a tshirt and not worry about any jacket. anyway, we walked in and the decorations for halloween, i LOVE! and heres my baby looking at the castle for the 1st time!

lets not forget my nephew's 1st time. i promise i have never seen him so well behaved than while were here

walking through MK, we made our way to the 1st ride for the kiddos and we all know what it is?

right?

Dumbo!!of course!!

and

we were able to ride a few rides...snow white, pp, speedway cars, buzz until 6 pm came. I was on a mission..a mission to find the line for hte 7 dwarfs

Next.....MNSSHP begins!!!
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #11
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh that will be great for you then! I hope it works out! I haven't been to the houston medical center only on base. I lived there for seven years an air force Dependant for a bit then joined myself and they sent me to Japan, then I ended up here in Tucson.

But with only one semester left there is light at the end of the tunnel haha! What exactly are you doing with you degree?

I am trying to get into the medical field too. I'm studying to be a Dietitian.
yes i hope so too but i have a lab final i must pass with a 90 to stay in the program but im studying respiratory therapy. i had a cousin in japan a few years back. i would love to go to another country. i was in cyprus and isreal one summer but i would like to travel more. Dietitian is good, i knew somone in a program at georgia state. good luck to you!!
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

Old 11-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
disnic75
Joe Rohde is so cool!

We attended the same MNSSHP! Can't wait to see your pics! May and October are my fave months to go.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #13
Dina Monster
Mouseketeer

How exciting! I'm glad you guys got to go to that! I've only been to Disney a Halloween once and it was in Japan. They have Night Before Christmas decorations and stuff it was cool. I want to go someday. I wonder were the lines pretty long around that time of year? I think the next time we go it might be an anniversary or other celebration. We'll see.

How was Devyn taking it? Did he get scared of any of the Cast Members on that day? He looked so happy!!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #14
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnic75 View Post
We attended the same MNSSHP! Can't wait to see your pics! May and October are my fave months to go.

yah! did u dress up or anything? i think if i ever go again i would where a costume. I agree, i now love october, im going to start and try to avoid the summer

Quote:
How exciting! I'm glad you guys got to go to that! I've only been to Disney a Halloween once and it was in Japan. They have Night Before Christmas decorations and stuff it was cool. I want to go someday. I wonder were the lines pretty long around that time of year? I think the next time we go it might be an anniversary or other celebration. We'll see.

How was Devyn taking it? Did he get scared of any of the Cast Members on that day? He looked so happy!!
we only went to MK for the party and the ride lines were not long. i think we waited at most 20 min before the party started and that was at dumbo. devyn did pretty well, he had a slight scare at 1st. but i think i maybe tired him out casue he actually slept all night every night we were there and at home he will wake up round 2 or 3. like clockwork
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

Old 11-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #15
disnic75
Joe Rohde is so cool!

We did not dress up this year. We just wore our Saints jerseys. I assume you are a Falcons fan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: