Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!

I really REALLY shouldnt be doing this....

...because I still havent finished my last TR from our trip in March.
But I will, because im a sucker for punishment! LOL

Our trip this time will consist of these key players...

Me, Cathy. My DH, Monte. My DS, Luke(15) and my DD Katelyn(8)...my DS Jake(13) wont be joining us on this trip, he will be staying with his dad, due to prior commitments and school.

We will be leaving Oregon on Halloweeen at 4 a.m. and should be arriving at the La Quinta Inn and Suites at around 4 p.m. We booked a 3 room suite, which consists of a front room, 1 room with a king bed and a room with two full sized beds, and two bathrooms. We have booked our ART passes and will be spending the 1st thru the 6th at the DL/DCA parks.

The first two days (monday and tuesday) we will be just us, the family and then on weds my BFF and her BF will be joining us, she doesnt know it yet, but he is going to propose on friday

Our PS reservations have been made...here they are...

Monday Nov1st 1 p.m. Carnation Cafe (for4)
Tuesday Nov2nd 2p.m. Big Thunder BBQ (for4)
Weds Nov3rd 12:50 Cafe Orleans (for 6)
Thurs Nov 4th (BFF's Bday) Ariel's Grotto (for6)
Friday Nov 5th 9:40a.m. Carnation Cafe (for6 for breakfast)

Other than these plans we have none! We know that were going to try and do WoC on Thursday but other than that we are flying by the seat of our pants!

Only a few days left before we leave, I havent even started packing yet! Ive been so busy with work that I havent even started ANYTHING!
Wish me luck as I try to juggle everything!! lol

TIA for all who read this, and hopefully I can finish this TR!!!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
Littleprincess2010
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Yum. I LOVE when people(other than me) have all their dining done for the first post. It's a nice way to draw people in... I think I plan where we want to eat MONTHS in advance.
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
stich626
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great trip so far. Did you have any help in planning the proposal?

Is it October yet?

stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
APX
Mouseketeer

I say you take a video of it, people love watching proposal videos from Disneyland for some reason.
APX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I agree you should shoot a video of the proposal. We'll be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary at Disneyland. We got married at WDW back in 2001. I've been thinking of doing a surprise/intimate vow renewal while we're on our trip, but not sure if I can pull it off.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleprincess2010 View Post
Subscribing!!!
Yay! thank you, I started another trip report after my march trip, but have yet to finish the last day, the link is in my siggy so check it out if you want an idea of how I do my TR's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
Yum. I LOVE when people(other than me) have all their dining done for the first post. It's a nice way to draw people in... I think I plan where we want to eat MONTHS in advance.
I think we base our whole trip around what we want to eat, its actually kinda funny....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
Sounds like a great trip so far. Did you have any help in planning the proposal?
Not really, Im going to get them to post in front of the pic, I'll pretend to be taking a picture but really I will be recording it with my camera....hoping I can get a photopass guy there to capture everything with his camera! should be pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APX View Post
I say you take a video of it, people love watching proposal videos from Disneyland for some reason.
Planning on it! cant wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I agree you should shoot a video of the proposal. We'll be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary at Disneyland. We got married at WDW back in 2001. I've been thinking of doing a surprise/intimate vow renewal while we're on our trip, but not sure if I can pull it off.
Of course you can pull it off and when you do I will read all about it on YOUR TR!!! yay! good luck and I cant wait to hear all about it!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Old 10-26-2010, 02:23 AM   #8
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
I think we base our whole trip around what we want to eat, its actually kinda funny....lol
Oh we do that too. Then it helps you figure out what area of the park you will be in at what time of day
Old 10-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #9
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
Oh we do that too. Then it helps you figure out what area of the park you will be in at what time of day
It's nice to know im not the ONLY food obscessed person around here

LOL Cant wait to try a few new things this time!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Old 10-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Well my folks, we dont have much time left!!! We got alot of stuff done today, packing and last minute shopping. I even got my roots touched up so the sun wouldnt bounce off my grey hair, lol

Not much more to do, which is great because my husband and I both work until the day we leave so today (Our only day off together before we leave) was basically the day to do everything except stick the luggage in the car! really really excited now!
Wish us luck that the weather report is right because this cold Oregon rain and wind is starting to bum us out!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Old 10-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
Littleprincess2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
Well my folks, we dont have much time left!!! We got alot of stuff done today, packing and last minute shopping. I even got my roots touched up so the sun wouldnt bounce off my grey hair, lol

Not much more to do, which is great because my husband and I both work until the day we leave so today (Our only day off together before we leave) was basically the day to do everything except stick the luggage in the car! really really excited now!
Wish us luck that the weather report is right because this cold Oregon rain and wind is starting to bum us out!
Holy crapolas!! 4 Days!! Im so excited for you Its been pretty dreary up here too so I feel you on needing some sunny SoCal weather to get through the winter Have fun and post back when you can
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #12
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

WOW! I cant believe its already friday and we are leaving bright and early Sunday morning! Only 1 1/2 more days of work, come home, finish packing, put luggage into the car, fill up with gas, sleep and were off!

OMGoodness im getting giddy! how will I be able to work when all I can think about is Disneyland?!?!?
It will be tough but I think I can do it!

yay!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Old 10-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Yay yay yay! The last few days are always so tedious, but I still wish that I was as close to going as you are!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #14
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

LEAVING IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Old 10-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #15
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Well we packed up the car at 4 this morning to head out for our vacation. Stopped in Corning for Breakfast at McDonalds, Kettleman City for In n Out for lunch, got to the hotel right around 4pm, checked into our room and were happy with the accomodations. It is beautiful here in Anaheim and the weather is great so we went and used the pool. Came back, got ready and had dinner at Buca Di Beppo where we had some AMAZING chicken carbonara (dont worry I took pics! will post when I return....)
Just wanted to drop a few notes to let you all know I made it....If anyone is reading, then thank you very much and talk to you soon, gonna go watch the Giants kick some Texas baseball bootie.....Tomorrow were getting up early and heading to our first day at DISNEYLAND!!!! YAY!!!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: