Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #31
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I love the animal pictures! Thanks for keeping up with the trip report!

Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #32
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

You know, we totally forgot about Captain EO ... ... maybe we were doing too much food and wining

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #33
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i can remember watching captain eo years.........years .....ago when it first came out.

and as i watched it again this past october, i remembered it all.......

such memories it brought back to me.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #34
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hey howdy hey!! I finally caught up with your report after my little DIS break. I LOVE IT! Oh, it's making me ache for WDW... especially how happy you look in every pic! I'm the same way. (: Update this thing, can't wait for more!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #35
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

So after my mid-day break I headed back to Epcot.....I had an ADR for Le Cellier after all.

I hit up SSE first, since it was right there at the entrance lol.

After that.....I really don't know what I did, but I somehow ended up at Maelstrom. Things you only notice after the DIS:

This is the face of someone who has the doors to the movie at the end of Maelstrom close in your face as you arrive at them:

Since my feet were feeling better, and I had to wait for Dainan to get out of work, I just walked around the WS and played Kim Possible some more, lol.

Belle #2

My bestest friends!

Best character hug ever!!

Japan is the prettiest pavillion, IMO

While I was watching the last showing of the American Adventure, Dainan had texted me to let me know he was on his way to Epcot. So after AA, I headed over to Le Cellier!!! We were seated in the Yukon section I believe.

Following a fellow DISer's reccommendation (hi Lia!) I got the Red Maple, which was realllly good!

OMG!!!! Best soup ever!!!

The fillet was superb.

Dainan's strip steak(?) and fake poutine

Dainan marvelling at the fake poutine cheese. The cheese is real, but the poutine is fake, according to Dainan who has had the real thing.

Smores anyone?

After our wonderful dinner, Dainan drove me home again and I went straight to bed, I believe.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #36
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

We love Le Cellier for lunch ... it's on our must do list each trip ...

Oh, and by the way, I have the recipe for the soup

Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #37
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
We love Le Cellier for lunch ... it's on our must do list each trip ...

Oh, and by the way, I have the recipe for the soup
I have a link to the YouTube video that shows you how to make it.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #38
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

So for my last park day, I ended up going to MK again. Oh well. I did notice how much more crowded it was compared to MNSSHP day. And the crane was gone!

I believe I headed to one of my faves, the Jungle Cruise, and then ended up at the Tiki Room, which I slightly enjoy and see at least once every trip.

Dainan had told me he's be working BTMRR, so I went to bug him.....I mean, say hi.

Apparently, it was also BTMRR's anniversary that day too! After the mountains (Splash being the second one, of course), I headed over to my very favorite ride, HM!

While in the area, I went to go see where Tiana's meet and greet is since she's one of the princesses I still needed to meet. One session had just ended and it was a while till the next, so I continued to walk around a bit. I headed back to Fantasyland and hit up Philharmagic again (Favorite 3-D attraction ever!). Look, a crane!

I also tried out Pinnochio's Village Haus or whatever its called. Wasn't too bad, but not the best. I was craving something sweet so I headed to Main Street to hit up the bakery. They had the best bread pudding!

I continued to walk around. I hit up the HM a few more times (I love how it was pretty much a walk on most of the day).There was one time tho that the line got backed up. Apparently there was a person who was a little on the hefty side and the restraint wouldn't close properly. They tried a couple of times to get them on, to no avail. I was frustrated, but I felt sorry for them too. Oh well. While I was waiting:

After my last ride, I was craving a Dole Whip, so I went to get one. Which I scarfed down, since it was close to Tiana time. lol. I ended up being second in line! She was great, very fun to talk with.

Its not the backside of water.....but its still a great view

Ooh, I see a building forming!

Since I didn't snag an ADR for CRT, but still needed to meet Cinderella, I headed to the character tent in Toontown. I was amazed at how much faster the princess line moves in comparison to the Fairie line!

#3!

Cindy!!

#3! But in realty, its #2 in a different dress. First time that's happened to me!

I heard there was a Snow White wishing well, but I'd never seen it before.

By that time, Dainan was about to get off work. And the MK was getting crowded!! I was going to stay and watch the fireworks, but I was tired and I don't like crowds (I know its a giant dichotomy), so instead of hanging around MK, we waited for Dainan's friend Katie then went to Dainan's place for dinner. We hit up Space Mountain first.....cause its awesome!

Jazz hands.......IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!!

So we headed out. Me and Katie walked over to the Contemporary since Dainan had to get his car from the cast member parking lot.

I think BLT is beautiful

One day I will be staying here!!

Apparently, the sky decided to be very ominous, with the clouds and great convergance of big birds everywhere:

And then we went to Dainan's and laughed and made merry all the evening. And Katie wore some pirate Mickey ears

And then Dainan took me back to my hotel, were we had great big hugs and goodbyes since I was leaving the next day.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #39
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

So, instead of hitting up a park on my last day, I decided to get my stuff together, drop it off at the luggage service desk to hold and went to DTD. I left my camera behind accidentaly so there are no pics.

I got there around 10 or so. Maybe later, and mainly walked around to see what I could get with my remaining money. Which wasn't much. I went to Earl of Sandwich for lunch, which was crazy good. I don't remember what I got tho. I asked the woman if she could charge me for a drink but let me use my mug since I was carrying it already, to make things easier. She said yes, but then never chaged me for a drink. Oh well. Afterwards, I walked around some more. I then went to Ghiradelli, cause I was craving ice cream. I think I got some coffee ice cream thing? Or it was something with a candy bar in it. Either way it was good! There wasn't much to do with no money, so I headed back to Pop not long after.

Ooh, one note on the Pop staff. The day before, I had bought those Tink Mickey ears they have for my niece, and had them delivered to the front of the park. Well I had forgotton them. I know, bad uncle! Well, that morning I talked to the package pick up people to see if there was anything they could do to help. I told them no worried if not, I'd just go use my last day on my ticket to get them and ride one or 2 rides. The cast member told me to check back in a few. When I did, she told me they were going to bring them to the hotel for me! I was so happy. It made my day. Tho I now kinda wish I had gone back to MK, I could've gotten one last Dole Whip! lol

When I was getting ready to get on the ME to go back to the 'port, it started pouring, and I mean POURING down rain! It thought it was slightly ironic since it had only rained one other day of my trip. I lucked out I guess!

I had a pretty uneventful flight home. Car started when I got back to it, thank goodness! Then I went home!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #40
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Oh, and here is my updated Vinylmation collection.....which isn't as up to date anymore, since I just got one from the Disney Store. lol

Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #41
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Ah! I forgot more pictures from my last MK day!!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #42
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
I heard there was a Snow White wishing well, but I'd never seen it before.

That's a Cinderella wishing well ... notice the "C"

I think the Snow White wishing well is at Disneyland ... There's another Cinderella "fountain" directly behind the castle (the one where you bend down and she's wearing a crown)

Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #43
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post

These two pictures are absolutely awesome!!! I especially like the the second one! Well done!!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #44
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Wooohoo, great report!!! Sad it's over!

I love your pics so much. They bring me straight to WDW when I look at them.

The JAZZ HANDS IN SPACE cracked me up!!

Oh and of course I love the shoutout!!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #45
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I also loved your report and especially the pictures! It seems you found the wander over to Disney enjoyable! So, when ya goin' to Universal again? I am just looking forward to your next PTR/TR! Take care

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: