Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
7165red
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your trip report. You room at the POP looks nice, I see they made some changes,
Old 12-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #17
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Blah! Sorry for taking so long!! Just business keeping my busy lol. Anywho, here we go!

The Longest Day in Human Existence!!! Or, The Day I Killed My Feet by Doing AM EMH at MK and Staying to Close MNSSHP!

So, after a semi-late night the day before, I was slightly hard to wake up this morning. I think this was the only morning I actually answered my wake-up call. Anywho, I hastily got ready and grabbed breakfast on the way to the buses. Then I was off to MK!!

I got there I think right about an hour before EMH opening. They hadn't started scanning tickets yet. But I got in line for that. Then they let us in, and I got in line to wait for them to do the RD. My feet were so sore. I swore this is the last time I'm wearing Crocs to Florida. Luckily Everything Pop had mole skin or I'd never make it the rest of the week!! Anywho, rope drop happened and for some reason, I assume peer pressure from the lady next to me, I ran down Main Street. Yes, sore feet and all, but I was at the Magic Kingdom for the first time in 10 years!!!!! I came so close to bawling after I turned the corner and saw the castle. But I cried the day before, so no tears today!

I had read somewhere, touringplans.com I think, that Splash and Big Thunder Mountains were open for AM EMH. Nope, not true. So my original plan was scrapped, and since I couldn't bear to walk all the way across the hub to Tomorrowland (Curse you feet), I walked through the castle to Fantasyland. I knocked out Snow White, Peter Pan and Pooh, not literally though. Then, since I knew I wouldn't have another chance this trip, I hopped on the tea cups.

After that, I headed over to Tomorrowland to check out the (slightly) revamped Space Mountain. It had been even longer than 10 years for this ride since I remembered not riding it the last time I was at MK cause it broke while in line. I did like the remodel of the queue, since I could remember being able to kinda see the ride while you boarded. And I don't remember it being that dark either! It was quite awesome!!

After Space Mountain, it was close to regular park opening by a few minutes, so I started heading towards the other side of the park, but rode Buzz on the way. I don't remember the triggers being so hard to push, but maybe it was my car. I think Buzz needs some love, IMO. Then I was off to:

Boy, that was a long walk!! I headed back to Splash and Big Thunder.

Splash was fun, I barely got wet! lol Then I headed to BTMRR, but it was down. So, off I went to Adventureland. Along the way was

I like the addition of Cap'n Jack Sparrow, but the Davy Jones mist wasn't working this ride. Afterwards, the line for Jungle Cruise seemed long so I skipped it for now. Then I went to see if the Dole Whips were open, nope. I then checked my clock and it was like ten till 10am. Egads!! I promised my niece pictures of Tink!!! So I booked it as fast as my poor sore feet could carry me to Toontown.

It was like 5 till ten by then, I think, or 3 till, something. Apparently 10am is just a guide cause Toontown was open. lol So I got in the already close to 2 hour line to meet the fairies.

I do have to say, even though the wait is horrendous, how they handle things after you get behind the velvet rope (thank goodness these aren't Area 54 bouncers, or no one would be getting in the way us tourister dress) is done quite well!

My fairies were:

Fawn

Tink, of course, who was nice enough to make a video saying hi to my niece.

and Vidia!

After that, I think my friends (Matt and Chris) from the previous day had arrived, so I was on my way to meet them over by BTM. On the way I went by the Tom Sawyer rafts to see a familiar face:

Yay! lol He's a good raft captain/driver/person too, so don't be scurred if he's on duty when you go by there. While I was talking to him for a second or two while he loaded the raft, he asked if I had ridden Splash or BTM yet, and I told him only Splash, he slipped me some FPs to ride it. He's a really nice friend lol. Anywho, I found my friends and introduced them to Dainan, and then we were of to BTM! The back row is still the best!!

After we rode that, Matt and Chris were hungry, so we headed to Columbia Harbour House. They had some shrimp there, I waited since I had an ADR at Liberty Inn soon. They headed off to Haunted Mansion while I ate. Liberty Tree was ok. I had the Tricorner sandwich thing and the toffee dessert. Nothing special honestly. Then I met up with Matt and Chris again and we rode the mansion again

Then I believe we headed to Jungle Cruise and got Dole Whips, or I got a Dole Whip. It was close to 3 by then, and they had to get ready for dinner reservations at I believe Coral Reef, so I told them to book it to avoid the parade craziness. I helped them get to the front and took a break at the bakery and watched the parade through the windows while I enjoyed my treat and beverage. It threw me off to see the parade go backwards down Main Street (towards the castle instead of away from it). After the parade, I walked around, rose the Haunted Mansion a couple more times, and saw Philharmagic, and generally just waited for MNNSHP! Oh, and I saw Monsters, Inc. which was actually pretty funny, but I love cheesy jokes. Oh and I rode the TTA, pics:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #18
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Sometime during the day, Dainan had changed jobs and was now working with some animals

We chatted, and I watched the show and sat in the back with him. It was just as I remembered it, but was a lot more fun with Dainan's running commentary. Gotta love fellow Disney nerds! After that, it was Dainan's break time, so I grabbed a burger from Pecos Bill then headed over to Tomorrowland to get my MNSSHP bracelet thing, grabbing a Dole Whip along the way (I had maybe 20 over the course of the trip, they're addicting!!). Then I hung out a bit to wait on Matt and Chris (I had talked them into going to MNSSHP. Maybe I do have a future as a travel agent, lol). OMG, the costumes some people had were amazing! I just about lost it when I saw a couple dressed in the TS3 Barbie and Ken costumes! They were spot on.

So, Matt and Chris showed up, and we made our way back to the Alice trick or treat maze.

We got there just in time to meet the Hatter, since he and Alice were about to switch out

We then went and rode Snow White and Peter Pan, since Matt and Chris hadn't gotten to yet and that was on their must-do's. We also hit as many treat stops along the way as we could. After the rides, I had to go meet my girls

Time goes so quickly when you're having fun, after a couple more treat stops, it was already time to get a spot for the fireworks. Which were just as amazing from the view in MK as the view from Cali Grill.

Then we waited to see the next villain show, cause I had to meet at least the Snow Queen and Cruella!

I found him while waiting! Who knew he was a Disney nerd too?! lol

While we were watching the show and meeting them, Chris had gotten us spots for the parade, right on the curb! Parade shots:

Mat had really wanted to met Maleficent, so we watched the show (a third time), and met her.

By that time, it was almost close to closing, and we had wanted to ride BTM in the dark. So we booked it over there, and I think had a train to ourselves (back row of course). I even think we rode it twice. Then we had a little time left so we rode Splash, which was empty!! We were the only ones in our log and there were 2 empty ones in front of us. After that we dragged ourselves to the buses (if I never have to walk that far again, it will be too soon!!!). After gettin in my room, I promptly showered, then collapsed into an exhausted sleep.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #19
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Awesome update!!! We absolutely love MNSSHP ... and we can totally sympathize with you about your feet ... we've done the all day thing and then the evening thing as well, but that's usually when we do a Universal/HHN day

... Did you happen to get a Ghost Mickey popcorn bucket when you were at MNSSHP??

I also got a travel mug (same size/style as the resort refillable ones) with a Halloween theme at one of the drink booths in Frontierland.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #20
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Awesome update!!! We absolutely love MNSSHP ... and we can totally sympathize with you about your feet ... we've done the all day thing and then the evening thing as well, but that's usually when we do a Universal/HHN day

... Did you happen to get a Ghost Mickey popcorn bucket when you were at MNSSHP??

I also got a travel mug (same size/style as the resort refillable ones) with a Halloween theme at one of the drink booths in Frontierland.
No. I don't really like popcorn and didn't think to ask to buy just the bucket. I only ended up getting a shirt with Vampire Mickey on it that says "I Don't Bite".
Old 12-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #21
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Epcot Day

After the horredously long day and late night of the previous day, I told myself to sleep in this morning, and didn't even set up a wake up call. But that didn't stop me from waking up at 8am. And my feet hated me. Seriously. I hobbled most of the day. So, without question, I took my time getting ready and had a nice breakfast at Everything Pop. Did I mention they have the best breakfast pizza. Soooo good!! Anywho, I got to Epcot I think right around 9. I headed to SE first, since its tradition to do that first. At least on your first Epcot day.

After that, I headed to Innoventions to get my Kim Possible FP thingy. I also did the Sum of All Thrills exhibit, which was amazing!! After that I headed to The Land to get Soarin out of the way before the line got horrendous.

Soarin'.......was the same. My favorite part is still the orange grove, and the ocean fly over. After Soarin I did Living with the Land for the first time ever. I really enjoyed it! The Disney greenhouses are fascinating!! Random pics:

After The Land, I headed over to Test Track to ride that. Along the way I passed Imagination...

...and I noticed something odd. The lake area in front of it was drained. I'd never seen it like that before. And at that time the backwards fountain was off too. It was slightly surreal.

On my way to TT I also ran into the 1st of 3 Aurora's I'd meet this trip. Why 3 I have no clue, just happened I guess.

After TT, I headed to WS to do the Kim Possible thing. I would have gotten more pictures, but I was too busy trying to save the world. And having a margarita, a kaki gori and some hard cider from the UK. Most of my money was spent on food in Epcot. Random pics:

I was supposed to meet Matt and Chris again for a princess lunch at Akershus, and by the time they got to Epcot I was a hot, sweaty, slightly tipsy mess hobbling around China on broken feet trying to catch Lord Monkey Fist or whatever his name is. It was not pretty. But I digress. We headed over to Norway, but were a little early, so we hit up Malestrom. I think we also walked over to Germany. By the time we got back to Norway it was check in time.

We only had to wait a few minutes before we were seated. I think our waitress was Charlotte or someting that ended with an E. She was nice. The cold buffet was delicious, but any time I can get smoked salmon is a good time. All 3 of us ordered the Kjotkakke or however its spelled. It was ok. Not what we were expecting. When I see something described as a dumpling, I somewhat expect some sort of pastry sometimes with a filling of some sort. But the Kjotkakke was more like Swedish meatballs with no noodles. It wasn't bad though. Akershus pics:

#2!!

She was the BEST Snow White ever!!! She had the voice down perfectly, and was super charming. I just wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home with me!

The desserts were amazing! I hadn't expected to like the rice cream, but it was good. Not something I'd eat all the time, but a nice change from the norm. The mouse was my favorite, though the tart wasn't bad either.

After we paid and got our pictures, Matt and Chris had to go to get ready for their Citricos ADR. I just wanted to get off my feet. So I headed to the new CS at Mexico and sat on their new patio area. It was very relaxing and the fans there were cooling enough to where I didn't feel uncomfortable. Before I sat down I had gotten some churros and an aqua fresca. Why the churros so soon after eating, I don't know, but they were super good. The cajeta (a milk caramel) they came with was delicious. I had had a version of cajeta before when I worked at the Churro Factory in one of our local malls, but it didn't compare.

For some reason the skyline of WS really attracted me and I kept taking pictures of it, more so on my 2nd Epcot day.

After a while, Dainan had gotten off of work and came to Epcot to watch Illuminations with me cause its his favorite nighttime show at WDW. So I met him over at Imagination and he introduced me to the cheesy goodness that is Captain EO. Its sinfully enjoyable. After EO, we headed to Club Cool. I really do enjoy the watermelon soda fron China, and the other Fanta flavor that I can never remember the name. Beverly pics!

We then headed to Mission Space to see if another friend of his was working, which he wasn't. We still rode it. I still don't see what the fuss is over the more intense side. I even did everything they told you not to do and still didn't feel like I was going to throw up. I think we might have rode SE also, but I can't remember. Anywho, we ended up with a bench seat in front of Norway-ish right by the lagoon. Mainly cause it was drizzling most of the evening. I didn't feel soaked, well my butt did from the wet bench, but the rest of me was ok. I had gone to the Kringla Bakery to get me something light to eat, but I had no money. Well I had money, but I had been charging everything to my room and only had enough for a drink. Oh well!

Illuminations was amazing!!! I wish I could have seen it again this trip, but didn't get to. Oh well. Once was good enough. After that, I was tired and wanted to go back to the hotel. Dainan was nice enough to drive me and we chatted along the way. I think Everything Pop had just closed when I got there, so I had to go to bed slightly hungry but no biggie. Next up is Animal Kingdom.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #22
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

beverly roxs.......

Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #23
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
and the other Fanta flavor that I can never remember the name.
It's Fanta Kolita from Costa Rica and it's one of our favorites too!! That one and the Mezzo Mix from Germany (which is like ginger ale).

We love Epcot for pictures - especially at night ... if you can ever go to Epcot during evening EMH, it's well worth it to get gorgeous nights shots of an almost empty Epcot!

And yes, you can spend a pretty penny on food and/or booze in the World Showcase at Epcot - especially during the Food and Wine Festival Next time, you definitely need to try the Grand Marnier Slush from the booth in France, the Peach Schnapps Oolong tea and Plum Wine Green tea slush
from China. I also think there is a Bellini in Italy (which I haven't tried yet but want to).

Also, next time if you're in WDW for the Food and Wine Festival, check out some of the tasting seminars in the Welcome Pavilion (behind Ellen's Energy Adventure) - we didn't get to any this year, but last year we went to a rum and a champagne one and they were awesome.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
It's Fanta Kolita from Costa Rica and it's one of our favorites too!! That one and the Mezzo Mix from Germany (which is like ginger ale).

We love Epcot for pictures - especially at night ... if you can ever go to Epcot during evening EMH, it's well worth it to get gorgeous nights shots of an almost empty Epcot!

And yes, you can spend a pretty penny on food and/or booze in the World Showcase at Epcot - especially during the Food and Wine Festival Next time, you definitely need to try the Grand Marnier Slush from the booth in France, the Peach Schnapps Oolong tea and Plum Wine Green tea slush
from China. I also think there is a Bellini in Italy (which I haven't tried yet but want to).

Also, next time if you're in WDW for the Food and Wine Festival, check out some of the tasting seminars in the Welcome Pavilion (behind Ellen's Energy Adventure) - we didn't get to any this year, but last year we went to a rum and a champagne one and they were awesome.
I soooo wanted the Grand Marnier slush, but after the avocado martini and the hard cider, plus the humidity and walking around WS at least twice doing the Kim Possible thing, I wasn't feeling it. And by the time I got back to Epcot, I knew I was close to my budget so really had to watch what I was spending.

Did I mention how in love I am with the kaki gori? The green/melon flavor is the best!!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #25
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
beverly roxs.......
Only you, Mac. Only you!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #26
minniejack
Mouseketeer Thug

fantastic TR love your pics of the princesses and the aristocats

Future District 12
Old 12-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #27
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Animals as far as the eye can see!

I have a lot of pictures from this day so it may take a few posts

Luckily, my first Epcot night wasn't a late one, so I was able to rest up for my AK day. My feet were slightly better since I had gotten some mole skin on them, but they still throbbed some so walking was still uncomfortable. I got to AK around 8 I believe.

After they let us in the gate, I headed over to the right side so I could head to Everest after rope drop. The RD ceremony was cute.

After RD, we were walked over to Everest.

OMG, Everest was sooooo awesome!!! Even though the yeti wasn't moving, since I had never rode it before, I still got kinda spooked. I think I was able to ride it twice and then I grabbed a FP to ride it again later.

After EE, I headed over to Dinosaur.

I had only ridden it once ages ago, so I didn't remember it much. But I did remember it literally scared the pee out of my younger cousin. But I was ok. Not this time! As you can see in my face, I got spooked on this one too!

I went to ride Primeval Whirl or whatever its called after, which was ok. Kinda generic layout though. I ran into Goofy on my way out of Dinoland.

I was excited to finally get to see It's Tough to be a Bug, since the only time I've gone to AK no one else wanted to see it. I love how the queue goes through the roots of the tree of life. Random pics:

I really enjoyed ITTBAB!!! It was just really cool, IMO. After that, I headed over to the Maharajah Jungle Trek, so I could get my tiger fix! The bats were cool too!

It was close to 11 by then, and I guess I either hadn't had breakfast that day or I didn't have a big enough one cause I was hungry! I had heard nothing but good things about Flametree BBQ and knew that it had just reopened after a refurb, so I waited for it to open. Since I was the first one in line I got to do the opening call for the cast members. I even got a certificate!

I got a seat right by this pond area and it was just breathtakingly beautiful and calm.

It was the perfect place to have lunch. And oooooh was the food good!! They were the best ribs I've had in a while, well next to my mom's. The beans and cole slaw were pretty darn good too!

After eating, I sat there enjoying the calm for a bit, and letting my feet relax too. I decided to head over to Camp Minnie Mickey to meet some characters. Pics:

You would have figured they'd have Brer Fox and Brer Bear together, but I was glad to get to meet Brer Rabbit too!

Thumper and Miss Bunny (yes her name is Miss Bunny, lol)

Continued next post (Kilamanjaro Safari)
Old 12-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #28
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

After I met my characters, I booked it out of there cause a showing of Lion King just let out and I wanted to avoid the crowd. So I headed over to the safari

The infamous sausage tree

There was practically no wait for the safari and I was able to get a seat in the front row. Safari pics:

Black Rhino

I love hippos!!

No ticking from these guys.

As we approached this guy he walked right up to our jeep/vehicle/thing

And then after we passed, he crossed the road. lol

Elephants are one of my favorite animals!

Baby elephant!!!!

There's a lion somewhere in there.

Ostrich.....but I guess you knew that already.

When I disembarked from the safari I headed to the jungle trek area ight by it, that I can't remember the name of, lol.

Hello, monkey.

I love meerkats!! This guy was so still you almost would've thought he was a statue

After that trek, I was pooped, my feet were killing me and I just wanted to get out of the heat. So I headed all the way back to EE to use my FP. Along the way, I got to see Devine

I love the owl in this photo. And there are hippos!

So after my last EE ride, I headed back to Pop. When I got back, I headed to the Hippy Dippy pool and swam about a bit. It was just so relaxing and just the break I needed. When I finished swimming, I watched some TV in my room for a bit while I waited to go to my Boma ADR. I left for AKL with enough time to get there and walk around a bit before I ate.

One day I am going to stay here!!

I just love this lobby!

After walking around the lobby a bit, I headed out to the savannah area to see some more animals. I love how close you get to them. There was a castmember outside answering questions about the animals and she was very infomative and really nice. Animal pics:

Zebras!!!!

I then went and ate a Boma. I apparently wasn't all that hungry, cause I only had soup and one plate of food and was full. But I did have enough room for some yummy yummy zebra domes. God bless whoever came up with those!! When I finshed at Boma, I believe I took the bus to DHS to get back to Pop instead of going all the way to DTD.......but I'm not sure, lol. Either way, I got back to Pop and watched some more TV before going to bed.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #29
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

I love Animal Kingdom for pics ... and of course the animals. Too bad you didn't get to see the new baby Gorilla (well in May he/she was still fairly new, by October he/she would have grown quite a bit most likely) ... I took this pic in May ...

Old 12-30-2010, 12:09 AM   #30
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Return to Epcot: The Sequel
This time, its serious!

I was very well rested to day and my feet were feeling much better. I was at Epcot about um.......8am I think. I had my morning pretty much planned, pretty much just hitting the things I hadn't done the previous day and my favorites.

As I headed to the rope drop waiting area, I saw this garbage can blowing bubbles.

The RD ceremony at Epcot was not as cute as AK or MK (even though I never really saw the one at MK, but I heard it twice). RD pics:

After RD, I headed to Innoventions to try out the jet on the Sum of All Thrills cause it was the only vehicle I hadn't done the previous day. I think I did the roller coaster again after. I then headed over to Nemo. I love Nemo, lol.

After Nemo, I decided to do Turtle Talk since I hadn't seen it ever and I always hear good things. Queue pics:

For some reason, I felt like riding Imagination again. I must've been delusional, lol. I noticed the fountain as back on, but the lake area was still drained.

I didn't feel like seeing EO again, but got this pic cause I forgot to when I was there the previous day. Why I didn't take one closer, IDK.

After Imagination, I think I did Test Track again, just to ride it. Then I headed to WS for my lunch ADR at Via Napoli. Pics:

I arrived at Via Napoli a little before they opened, but didn't mind waiting in the A/C to eat.

After a wait, which the lobby got slightly crowded closer to opening, apparently news about the restaurant was travelling fast, I was seated at the big table in the middle of the restaurant.

I ordered salami y provolone for my appetizer which was soooo good!

For my entree I got a small mushroom pizza, which was absolutely amazing! The sauce was very tasty, and the crust was good. Since it was brick fired, the crust was a little burnt tasting as most pizzas cooked like that are, but it wasn't too burnt. I also tried the blood orange aqua fresca which was really good too!

After lunch, I had a small meeting with some other online friends, but they didn't have Disney tickets, so I was meeting them at my hotel to have a drink and talk. Pics on the way out:

Part 2 coming soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: