Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

COMPLETED Disney TR by RAPstar (again with the rhyming)

Day 1, pt. 1

So I'm finally starting my TR, sorry for the delay!

The day before I left, I had an uneventful day at work. Well, besides having someone come in like 2 minutes to close to make a payment, after I had my drawer all ready to go. It figures. I then headed over to my honey's and we watched the first season of Glee all nite. I think the last episode I saw before I left for the 'port was Kristen Cheno's 2nd episode, in which she sang "Home" from The Wiz which is one of my favorite songs. I then left for The Parking Spot, which I got free parking for working at AAA (woo hoo).

With my new computer, I was going to do video updates every day so everyone can see the wittiness of my crazy. But that kinda petered out after the like first day, lol. So I'll update with the few I did do.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoL0hbJVWos

So my flight was delayed because at the last minute they switched planes. It went from a 757 to a 767. And I was like "I don't care, you're now making me late!!!". But it was actually in my favor, cause they had to change everyone's seat selections, and mine turned out to be crazy amazing. Since the new plane is the kind usually used for international flights, I ended up being seated in the area the flight attendants use to rest during hte flight. So it was this little 2 seat area, and just me sitting there.

Best pic I could get of the area, because I didn't think to stand up and get a pic. lol

My armrest console. I could lay the seat all the way back. But I still wasn't able to sleep. I maybe dozed off for about 30 mintues?

Clouds!

After we landed, I headed over to the ME check-in. While I was impatient when in line, I don't think I waited more than 20 minutes for a bus to Pop. I was soo excited!!! See:

Video 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7K40fU7CAE

We stopped at Carribbean Beach first,

then it was off to Pop!!

I had done internet check-in and only had to wait a couple of minutes for a front desk attendant to help me. I had gotten all the requests I had wanted, a room in the 70's building on the top floor next to a staircase. And it was one of the new rooms, which are beautiful IMO

I wasn't sure if it was left by the previous people in the room or not, but I found a towel animal in my window

I then called my friend Dainan to let him know I was there casue he was gonna go to DHS with me. Then when he got there we had to wait for our friend Jackie. Then it was off to DHS!!

Continued next post

Last edited by RAPstar; 01-18-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

After Jackie got there we walked over to where they parked and I saw the dead resort/future site of the Disney Animation resort

Then it was off to DHS!

We went to GMR first, cause its always been tradition to do that first. And that's where Jackie and Dainan's roommate worked! We requested her for our tour guide, and we also happened to get the bandit/cowboy scene (fire pretty). After we finished, Jackie had to depart to go to a class. So me and Dainan headed over to ToT/RnRC.

God bless Jim Henson and his crazy genius

It was around 2pm and DHS was kinda empty in the back part of the park, so there was no wait for either ride. We headed to RnRC first

I was very excited to ride it, since I had only gotten to ride it once one of the last times we went (it was its soft opening too). It didn't disappoint

Me and Dainan in line

After that we headed over to ToT

I love ToT! The queue is amazing, the ride is amazing, even the sign is amazing!

After we got off our first ride, we ran into a friend of Dainan's and she back doored us, so we got to ride twice in a row without having to go back through the line! Me and Dainan were both kinda hungry so we headed over to the Backlot Express. On the way we ran into one of Dainan's old managers, who gave us some FP's for TSM! Then we ate, which I was starving. I got some kind of burger.

While we ate, me and Dainan talked and cught each other up on our lives since we last saw each other. It was a nice, relaxing break. We then headed to the Muppets, since it was right there, pretty much.

A net full of jell-o. Or is it Annette Funicello?

About the time we got done, Jackie was on her way back to DHS so we could ride TSM together. It was fun......but not worth the wait it gets, IMO. We then went over to the Animation building cause I wanted to meet Lotso. I was amazed how many characters were out over there!!

Jackie is kinda terrified by characters, but was trying to get over that fear. Lotso didn't help lol.

After the characters we headed out partly cause it was close to closing.
Jackie dropped me and Dainan off at Pop (cause Dainan's car was still there), so we chatted a bit more. Then I got ready to go eat at Cali Grill, and Dainan was nice enough to drop me off at the Contemporary. I got there a little early so I could check in and either get a table a bit early or get a good place on the balcony for the fireworks. I checked in about 8:30 and was let up. I talked to one of the waitress who poitned out where the balcony was. I decided to go out there for a bit, in case I didn't get seated early.

I chatted with a nice couple (I think they were) from the UK, and then got buzzed right at 9 to be seated. I got the most amazing window seat with a perfect view of the MK!

My waitress came and took my order, which I decided on just getting a flatbread and some sushi. The flatbread was the chicken BBQ, and it was delicious!!

The sushi was good too, but I made the mistake of getting the spicy roll, and I'm not a big fan of spicy food. But I still enjoyed it! Hallowishes was amzing, especially when seen from the vantage point you get at Cali Grill. I got some dessert, which I think was some chocolate cake. It was ok. I didn't have much luck with desserts my entire trip, except Dole Whips. *drools*

After I paid, I took the monorail over to the MK to take the bus back to Pop. When I got to Pop, I headed to the food court to get my refillable mug.....and I got a piece of tye die cheesecake, I guess to make up for the dessert at Cali Grill. It was delicious!!!

I then went to bed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Wow, am I first?

Nice score on the plane seat.

Sounds like you got a lot done on your first day. Must have been nice to get the FP's for TSMM.

We stayed at POP last year and I wanted the 70's so bad....but we didn't get it. I was kinda bummed.

Looking forward to reading more.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

second to sign in for andy's report........

Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Yay, i'm here! Love the report. Wow what an awesome first day!! You are such a VIP getting backdoored!

I'm so jealous of the FP you got for TSM too!! I am usually the best at getting on every ride with almost no wait, but TSM gets me every time... I love it so much and it's just so hard to get on. I mean 5 mins after park opening the wait is already 50 mins.

California Grill is one of my favorite places at WDW! SO delicious! I've never had one of their flatbreads though but I'd really like to try one. Maybe next trip. =) That view is just to die for!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

... so far so good ... can't wait to read more
Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Well, it did take you a little bit to get started but so worth the wait! I can't wait to read more!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Wow, am I first?

Nice score on the plane seat.

Sounds like you got a lot done on your first day. Must have been nice to get the FP's for TSMM.

We stayed at POP last year and I wanted the 70's so bad....but we didn't get it. I was kinda bummed.

Looking forward to reading more.
Aww! Maybe you'll get 70's next time. I loved it! lol I liked hearing the disco music during the day and when I woke up. It made me wanna dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
second to sign in for andy's report........
Hi mac!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Yay, i'm here! Love the report. Wow what an awesome first day!! You are such a VIP getting backdoored!

I'm so jealous of the FP you got for TSM too!! I am usually the best at getting on every ride with almost no wait, but TSM gets me every time... I love it so much and it's just so hard to get on. I mean 5 mins after park opening the wait is already 50 mins.

California Grill is one of my favorite places at WDW! SO delicious! I've never had one of their flatbreads though but I'd really like to try one. Maybe next trip. =) That view is just to die for!
If you're jealous of this FP story, wait for the one from my second day!

I loved the view from CG!! And you really should try one of the flatbreads. They'll make you say "whuck" they're so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
... so far so good ... can't wait to read more
Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Well, it did take you a little bit to get started but so worth the wait! I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining!!! Stay tuned, I should have an update next sunday with my second DHS day.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Day 2: Drama at DHS....kinda

So I woke up early, what time I don't remember, but it was before my wake up call. In fact I only actually heard my wake up call once the entire trip. Headed down to Everything Pop for b-fast.

Then I went back to my room, I think just to drop off my mug

I then bused it over to DHS, which it was about....8am I think when I got there approx. So I had to wait a while. Then we had the RD thingy. Ran into my favorite duck.

After which I headed to AIE to audition. Which went horrible. Well, honestly I thought I did well. But the judge didn't. And at that point I had wished I had a park hopper so I wouldn't have to waste another day there. But there was still things I wanted to do, and I was meeting some DIS friends there. So I stayed.

I headed towards TSM just to see how crazy the wait was, and decided against a FP.

Then I went to see TLM, which I still love. And then headed back to TSM cause I decided to get a FP after all.....and they were gone!!! I was shocked. I mean I heard they run out quickly, but it was just now 10am and I didn't think they could go that quickly. Oh well.

I then headed back to the front to find my friends who were just getting there (this turned out to kinda be a theme with them, me getting there at open and them showing up around 10 or so, lol).

We kinda walked around a bit (I honestly can't remember what we did when they first got there), and ended up at the Indy show, in like the first couple of rows!

Me, Matt and Chris

I had made up mind that I was finally going to get picked to be in the show since it was my first time being there and being old enough to be picked. And there was no way I wasn't going to get picked. I'd cut a person. No not really, I didn't want to be kicked out, but I really wanted to be in the show. And I did get picked!!!

We were supposed to look "confused"

After Indy, I was incredibly thirsty and we were all slightly hungry, so I suggested Starring Rolls cause Chris had said he was tired of burgers (they were on the DDP). We all got some sort of sandwich, and I asked if I could get a slice of grapefruit cake......and they got it for me!!!

It was really quite good. Yes, it was slightly bitter, but I found the sweetness of the icing and the cake itself lessend it some. After we ate, we decided to hit up RnRC and ToT. Yes, on a full stomach, we're rebels. lol Even this early in the day, there was barely a wait at either of the rides.

Funny RnRC story. As we were getting off after one ride, on the floor like just where we got off the ride was 3 FP's just lying on the floor, no one looking for them or anything. I go to see what ride the were for. Well they just happened to be for TSM. I grabbed them, cause obviously the Disney gods were making up for the whole AIE debacle. Or at least that's what I told myself. Also, I totally blanked on my ADR for 50's Primetime. Luckily Matt and Chris said I could join them for their ADR at Mama Melrose later in the day (good thing I had gotten that sandwich lol)

Continued next post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

After we rode those 2 for a while, we headed.........somewhere. Actually I believe we did some shopping. We somehow ended up at TLM again.

My diva!

I think we used the FP's for TSM after that. Still kinda fun, but not worth the wait it gets. Then we headed over to the animation building.

I had the most amazing interaction with the Incredibles characters. When it was our turn Frozone noticed the button I got for auditioning for AIE and tried to get me to sing.....which oddly I get shy doing in fron of people unless I'm auditioning. I know I'm crazy. But I did it.

Then, we had gotten a nice woman waiting in line to take our pictures with our camera, and we did some flexing pose, but she had something about not seeing leg . So I of course had to put my leg out, and she said something about it, what I can't remember now, but I replied "Well, I can hitchike with this leg" and Frozone lost it! He was (silently) laughing so hard! It was hilarious.

About that time, it was getting xlose to the ADR for Mama Melrose. I love the interior there, it feels so homey. I got the mussels for my appetizer, which were really good.

Then for my entree I got the chicken parmesan, which was probably the best I've had anywhere. No lie.

They were unfortunately out of the tiramisu, so I had to settle for the canoli cake, which wasn't too bad, I'm just not a fan of chocolate cake.

After we ate, DHS was closed, and empty!! So we headed to the exit.

Matt and Chris invited me to come to their hotel, POFQ, to take the bus to DTD cause I wanted to get my Mickey ears.

We rested a bit there, then took the boat to DTD, lol.

We walked around for a bit, and I got my ears.

I loved these things in the jewelry section at World of Disney:

Then I headed for the bus to Pop cause it was getting late and I knew I'd be up early to go to AM EMH at MK.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Nice update. The judge hadn't had coffee yet, maybe.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #12
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

I finally had time to catch up on your update ...

We totally agree about TSM ... it's fun but not worth the long waits it gets

... and you got picked for Indy ... how cool is that!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Sorry for not updating in a while. Holiday season and office move and what not. Will update soon I promise!!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #14
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
Sorry for not updating in a while. Holiday season and office move and what not. Will update soon I promise!!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #15
debsters41
DIS Veteran

We'll be here waiting! Take care!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: