Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #1471
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieDisneyLover View Post
Hmmm .... I wonder if part of the reason the Polynesian doesn't put it in the fridge is because the 'staff' is not always there to watch who is getting it. What's to prevent 'underage' kids from grabbing a beer? At the CR the concierge staff is close by most of the time, I think? But sometimes there isn't anyone around in the lounge at the Polynesian -- especially in the afternoons. The staff is either in the back in the kitchen area .... or downstairs checking guests in.
I never thought of that because the Polynesian is different since they have specifc Cast Members working in the lounge kitchen as you mentioned who put out the food, then they have another set of Cast Members working at the entrance to the Hawaii Longhouse where you check-in, make ADR's and etc. At the Contemporary and Boardwalk Inn the Cast Members who work in the lounge checking in guests, making ADR's and etc are the same ones who also put out the food and drinks out in the lounge.

Now correct me if I am wrong because my only time staying Club Level at the Polynesian was in December 2007, but I thought their fridge was always in view of the Cast Members working in the kitchen area? This way they could always see when it needed to be re-stocked with Coca Cola, Diet Coke and Sprite. Now them not always being there to watch it could be a reason why the Beer is not in there, however at the Contemporary they put the Beer in at 5:00 PM when they bring out the hot food offerings and other food items. So if the Polynesian did the exact same thing couldn't they keep a better eye on the fridge to make sure no one under age takes any Beer.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #1472
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I never thought of that because the Polynesian is different since they have specifc Cast Members working in the lounge kitchen as you mentioned who put out the food, then they have another set of Cast Members working at the entrance to the Hawaii Longhouse where you check-in, make ADR's and etc. At the Contemporary and Boardwalk Inn the Cast Members who work in the lounge checking in guests, making ADR's and etc are the same ones who also put out the food and drinks out in the lounge.

Now correct me if I am wrong because my only time staying Club Level at the Polynesian was in December 2007, but I thought their fridge was always in view of the Cast Members working in the kitchen area? This way they could always see when it needed to be re-stocked with Coca Cola, Diet Coke and Sprite. Now them not always being there to watch it could be a reason why the Beer is not in there, however at the Contemporary they put the Beer in at 5:00 PM when they bring out the hot food offerings and other food items. So if the Polynesian did the exact same thing couldn't they keep a better eye on the fridge to make sure no one under age takes any Beer.
The fridge is within eyesight of cast members if they are behind the counter or in the lounge. However, I can see how it would be quite easy for someone to grab a beer unnoticed if it were in the fridge .... even at the 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. hour. They are SOOOOOO busy I can't imagine them being able to keep an eye on everything. Although, they are often busy going back and forth getting beers for guests! I have often witness them asking for 'id' from guests to be sure they were 21 before handing them a beer.

It would be nice to have it in the fridge though ... it's funny how each resort does thing differently.

Loving our new home at BLT!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #1473
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it's funny how each resort does thing differently.
That's so true. At the Boardwalk Inn Innkeepers Club Level lounge I wish they can have a fridge for the cans of Soda. Over there they keep them in a bucket with ice and it makes them cold, however it's not cold enough like a fridge and eventually the ice turns to water. Now I always get extra ice since they have a bucket of it inside the lounge, so it's never a problem putting the Soda in a glass and adding the ice. Plus I don't think their lounge has enough room to add a fridge so I can't see them ever getting one.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #1474
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have often witness them asking for 'id' from guests to be sure they were 21 before handing them a beer.
At the time when I stayed there I was 22 years old and whenever I asked for a Beer they never asked to see my ID. Although with the exception of a restaurant at the St Pete Times Forum in Tampa Bay and Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville at Universal City Walk in Orlando, I have not been asked for ID when ordering Beer at other restaurants in Canada, the United States. Even at Hockey games in Toronto they never ask for ID and the legal drinking age for Ontario is 19.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #1475
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nroush313 View Post
Just got back from a club level stay at the Boardwalk (May 13-16) and it was awesome! We had a standard room (4244) and it had a lovely view of the courtyard over the cottages. Also it was only about 3 doors down from the lounge Awesome for those mornings and evening desserts! The room was very clean and I would recommend it to anyone! The cast was nice and the lounge was clean and well stocked as well. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will do the best to answer them!
Yeah for club level stays
I was in the room next to you from 5/11 to 5/18 with 2 friends. I completely agree with your review! It was my 3rd BWI CL stay and it was like going home. Love the staff there. Can't wait to return in August.

Hope I didn't wake you crawling back to the room at 1:30am on Monday after EMH at DHS. I tried to be very quiet. I did Star Tours 3 times between 9pm & 10pm and then did Toy Story Mania 5 times before 1am closing. Great night! Then was at rope drop for MK Tuesday. Our flight was delayed last night so I have to say I am exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Hello Everyone!
We just walked in the house about a half hour ago from the BWI! We were there from the 14th until today.
We had a Deluxe Club Level room booked. Traveling with me was my DH, DD20, DD17, DD9, and my mom. We were so excited to stay in this room...then at check-in we were told we were upgraded to the two bedroom Sonora Suite!!!!! It also had a Boardwalk view! It was absolutely incredible to say the least. We were totally spoiled. The BW cast members were just phenomenal. We loved going to the lounge and chatting with them. The lounge offerings were great, and to the person that asked about the wine...merlot was the only red wine that I saw.
We will be returning again in October, Deluxe Room. I can't wait! It was truly a magical trip.
By the way, if any of you are planning on or thinking about doing an Illuminations cruise, it cannot be missed...it was fantastic! We (the boat) got cleared to go extra close on Sunday night, and the view was stellar, as was our driver!
Any questions about anything??
Did you take any photos of the suite? Pete was going to show us the presidential suite but they were doing some repairs so he couldn't. He did show us a deluxe room. Those are nice! From the photos it had looked to me like the area where the queen beds are is about the same size as a standard room with the extra space being where the sleep sofa and extra TV are. After seeing the deluxe room I now see that the area where the beds are is also much more spacious. Great rooms! Would love to stay there someday but my next trip is 12 nights so that extra cost adds up and with the kids being relatively small we can "suffer" with a standard room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondisneyfan View Post
Oh my gosh.....we had a wonderful time in April at WDW!
Thanks for your CR CL review. Enjoyed your photos too!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #1476
nroush313
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I was in the room next to you from 5/11 to 5/18 with 2 friends. I completely agree with your review! It was my 3rd BWI CL stay and it was like going home. Love the staff there. Can't wait to return in August.

Hope I didn't wake you crawling back to the room at 1:30am on Monday after EMH at DHS. I tried to be very quiet. I did Star Tours 3 times between 9pm & 10pm and then did Toy Story Mania 5 times before 1am closing. Great night! Then was at rope drop for MK Tuesday. Our flight was delayed last night so I have to say I am exhausted.
Which side were you on? I may have seen you. I saw a couple reading a book out on the balcony next to us during the day on Friday, I believe. If it was you then hello! And no you did not wake us at all! Glad you had a great time as well! It must have been great getting in all those Toy Story Mania rides.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #1477
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Here is a picture of the fridge from the Atrium Club floor at the Contemporary and you can see it has both bottles of Beer and cans of Soda inside. So do you think the Polynesian can get a fridge like that or update the one they currently have to put Beer in there?

Quote:
Hmmm .... I wonder if part of the reason the Polynesian doesn't put it in the fridge is because the 'staff' is not always there to watch who is getting it. What's to prevent 'underage' kids from grabbing a beer? At the CR the concierge staff is close by most of the time, I think? But sometimes there isn't anyone around in the lounge at the Polynesian -- especially in the afternoons. The staff is either in the back in the kitchen area .... or downstairs checking guests in.
Exactly, the problem (not enough control over the refrigerator). I believe the one used at the Polynesian might even have "Coke" logo on it--either that or I have seen so many Coke products in it, I just thought it did.

That is a really small refrigerator compared to the one at the Polynesian. The entire shelving system would have to change from an open shelf system to a divided type and a much smaller refrigerator built into the cabinetry. I don't see that happening when the system the Polynesian has in place works.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #1478
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Glad you got to experience the new Star Tours!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #1479
pas130
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pictures clemsondisneyfan
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #1480
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love hearing about all the club levels! So what kind of offerings do they have in the afternoon at the GF? I was recently at the BWI and in the afternoons there was also goldfish, cookies, nut mix, chocolate covered pretzels, gummy worms, and chips.

I just returned from the GF RPC and the afternoon offerings were chips, crackers, bread, bread sticks, veggies, 2 or 3 dips, fruit, and cookies . I thought the offerings were plentiful for afternoon snacking .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #1481
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thanks for the pictures clemsondisneyfan
You are welcome. I have great ones from the trip! I just hate putting everything out there on the web!!

We really enjoyed our stay in that room, and the CMs were so nice. We try to stay in different hotels each time. I would love to try the GF next time. It is so great to have these threads to read everyone's reviews!!
tween son
Old 05-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #1482
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which side were you on? I may have seen you. I saw a couple reading a book out on the balcony next to us during the day on Friday, I believe. If it was you then hello! And no you did not wake us at all! Glad you had a great time as well! It must have been great getting in all those Toy Story Mania rides.
We were closer to the lounge. The readers were probably my travel companions. I spent more time in the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
Welcome home! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Glad you got to experience the new Star Tours!
Hi! Star Wars was great! I did it 4 times in total and saw 10 of the 11 elements. Just didn't see one of the ending planets.

Maybe Star Tours will reduce some of the wait times at Toy Story. I was able to do Toy Story 4 times without fast passes between 9am and 10:40am on that PM EMH day. The posted wait times of 50 to 60 minutes were way overstated.

However when we did Star Tours stand by that afternoon the posted 45 minute wait time was understated-it took about 60 minutes. We had dinner at California Grill and then took the bus back to DHS after dinner. We had fast passes to do Star Tours but it was down. My friends went back to the resort. About 9pm I went back over and it was open again. There was both a 9pm & 10:30pm Fantasmic that night. I was able to do Star Tours 3 times with the fast passes between 9 & 10pm. By the time I got off the 3rd time it was after 10pm and they had closed the ride down-not open for EMH.

I headed over to Toy Story and rode it 5 times in about 2 hours so the waits were longer than they were that morning.

We had dinner at Flying Fish on the 2nd night of our trip and all loved it so much that we made an ADR to do it again on our last night. It was great again and no screamers either night.

Last edited by lovesdumbo; 05-20-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #1483
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:
We were closer to the lounge. The readers were probably my travel companions. I spent more time in the parks.

Hi! Star Wars was great! I did it 4 times in total and saw 10 of the 11 elements. Just didn't see one of the ending planets.

Maybe Star Tours will reduce some of the wait times at Toy Story. I was able to do Toy Story 4 times without fast passes between 9am and 10:40am on that PM EMH day. The posted wait times of 50 to 60 minutes were way overstated.

However when we did Star Tours stand by that afternoon the posted 45 minute wait time was understated-it took about 60 minutes. We had dinner at California Grill and then took the bus back to DHS after dinner. We had fast passes to do Star Tours but it was down. My friends went back to the resort. About 9pm I went back over and it was open again. There was both a 9pm & 10:30pm Fantasmic that night. I was able to do Star Tours 3 times with the fast passes between 9 & 10pm. By the time I got off the 3rd time it was after 10pm and they had closed the ride down-not open for EMH.

I headed over to Toy Story and rode it 5 times in about 2 hours so the waits were longer than they were that morning.

We had dinner at Flying Fish on the 2nd night of our trip and all loved it so much that we made an ADR to do it again on our last night. It was great again and no screamers either night.
I am not very hopeful about getting multiple rides on Star Tours since I imagine the waits will be LONG. But we'll see what we can manage.

We are booked for regular dinner at Flying Fish one night, and Dinner With An Imagineer another night. We might need a third night. Some friends of ours from the UK were supposed to be at WDW this year, but they had a death in the family and canceled their trip. That caused some ADR changes for us, so now we have more wiggle room than we started with.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #1484
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to drop in and say we arrived back home from CR CL tonight (stayed from 5/15-5/21). We are now thoroughly spoiled for anywhere else. Everything about the CL experience was amazing, from being met at the door to our car when we arrived, to the friendly and hard-working concierges. It was all just so much better than I'd expected (or hoped).

I'd be glad to answer any questions, if y'all have any.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #1485
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say we arrived back home from CR CL tonight (stayed from 5/15-5/21). We are now thoroughly spoiled for anywhere else. Everything about the CL experience was amazing, from being met at the door to our car when we arrived, to the friendly and hard-working concierges. It was all just so much better than I'd expected (or hoped).

I'd be glad to answer any questions, if y'all have any.
What a great stay at the Atrium Club you had! (Or were you on the Tower Club floor?)

Which side of the Tower were you on and did you get a bounceback offer in your room?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: