Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #1441
LorieDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I was wondering how Poly CL compares to GF SL and RPC? We are booked for SL in October, but my DH and DSs want me to switch to the Poly. We've stayed at the Poly before but not CL. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if the food offerings are comparable between there and the GF or if they are completely different. TIA .
We stayed at SugarLoaf once. We really prefer the Polynesian over the GF mainly due to the location of the Hawaii bldg, the great views from that building and from the pool area. And we also like the staff that works there.

However, I would say that the food offerings at SugarLoaf are more substantial than at the Polynesian. I remember there being MUCH more for the 'afternoon' hours. And the breakfast foods were more elaborate.

One thing we found annoying at SugarLoaf was the noise factor. The noise from other rooms carried .... in the morning we could hear the toilets flushing from all over the building and normal level conversations in the halls. Just seemed much noiser to us. And the views from SugarLoaf are nothing spectacular.

Planning our 1st trip as DVC Members after years of staying at the Polynesian Resort!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #1442
nroush313
Mouseketeer

Boardwalk Inn

Just got back from a club level stay at the Boardwalk (May 13-16) and it was awesome! We had a standard room (4244) and it had a lovely view of the courtyard over the cottages. Also it was only about 3 doors down from the lounge Awesome for those mornings and evening desserts! The room was very clean and I would recommend it to anyone! The cast was nice and the lounge was clean and well stocked as well. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will do the best to answer them!
Yeah for club level stays

Also, thank you to CR Resort Fan 4 Life for the information about the checking in and bellhop procedures. Made me feel more prepared.

Me/DW: 27 DH: 30 and our traveling partners: Dad: 57 Mom: 53
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #1443
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nroush313 View Post
Just got back from a club level stay at the Boardwalk (May 13-16) and it was awesome! We had a standard room (4244) and it had a lovely view of the courtyard over the cottages. Also it was only about 3 doors down from the lounge Awesome for those mornings and evening desserts! The room was very clean and I would recommend it to anyone! The cast was nice and the lounge was clean and well stocked as well. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will do the best to answer them!

Also, thank you to CR Resort Fan 4 Life for the information about the checking in and bellhop procedures. Made me feel more prepared.
It's great that you enjoyed staying there and I was happy my information helped you with the check-in process.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #1444
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!
We just walked in the house about a half hour ago from the BWI! We were there from the 14th until today.
We had a Deluxe Club Level room booked. Traveling with me was my DH, DD20, DD17, DD9, and my mom. We were so excited to stay in this room...then at check-in we were told we were upgraded to the two bedroom Sonora Suite!!!!! It also had a Boardwalk view! It was absolutely incredible to say the least. We were totally spoiled. The BW cast members were just phenomenal. We loved going to the lounge and chatting with them. The lounge offerings were great, and to the person that asked about the wine...merlot was the only red wine that I saw.
We will be returning again in October, Deluxe Room. I can't wait! It was truly a magical trip.
By the way, if any of you are planning on or thinking about doing an Illuminations cruise, it cannot be missed...it was fantastic! We (the boat) got cleared to go extra close on Sunday night, and the view was stellar, as was our driver!
Any questions about anything??
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 05-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #1445
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Just an example of Poly CL offerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I was wondering how Poly CL compares to GF SL and RPC? We are booked for SL in October, but my DH and DSs want me to switch to the Poly. We've stayed at the Poly before but not CL. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if the food offerings are comparable between there and the GF or if they are completely different. TIA .
Breakfast-oatmeal (they have bowls of different dried fruit and brown sugar)
danishes, mini croissants, bagels
different cereals
fresh fruit
ask for yogurt, chocolate milk, box juice drinks

Noon -popcorn, cookies, gummy candy, yogurt raisins, soda, juice,water

5 pm(the hot appys change daily)-mini pulled pork sammies, spring rolls, sushi, chicken wings, lots of different cheeses and crackers, fruit, very yummy hummus, pb&j uncrustables (actually quite good)
sangria, wine, beer, soda, water,juice

7pm-9pm(also daily change)- little dessert shooters and mini brownies, and pies, cookies, cordials, wine and beer, soda, water, juice

I didnt have anything I didnt enjoy, while the breakfast offerings bother DH after awhile, he is a bacon and egg guy, I was fine with fruit, yogurt and oatmeal.

Soda is always available, as well as juices and water
You ask for beer, they put wine and sangria and cordials out.

They will go out of their way to accomidate you, if they have it, you can ask for it!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 05-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #1446
nroush313
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
different cereals
fresh fruit

5 pm(the hot appys change daily)-mini pulled pork sammies, spring rolls, sushi, chicken wings, lots of different cheeses and crackers, fruit, very yummy hummus, pb&j uncrustables (actually quite good)

7pm-9pm(also daily change)- little dessert shooters and mini brownies, and pies, cookies, cordials, wine and beer, soda, water, juice

I didnt have anything I didnt enjoy, while the breakfast offerings bother DH after awhile, he is a bacon and egg guy, I was fine with fruit, yogurt and oatmeal.

They will go out of their way to accomidate you, if they have it, you can ask for it!
So they do not set the beers out at the Poly? You have to ask a CM each time you want one?

Me/DW: 27 DH: 30 and our traveling partners: Dad: 57 Mom: 53
Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #1447
LorieDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So they do not set the beers out at the Poly? You have to ask a CM each time you want one?
Yes, you do need to ask for the beer.

The bottles of wine are left out for you to pour your own glass. Same with the liquors later in the evening.

Planning our 1st trip as DVC Members after years of staying at the Polynesian Resort!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #1448
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome. I hope you don't think I was pushing you off onto another thread, but I just think the GF thread is very helpful and friendly and they would help you if your question isn't fully answered here.
Oh no, I didn't think that at all.....you have been very helpful . I appreciate the links to the Poly CL offerings as well as the GF thread .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieDisneyLover View Post
We stayed at SugarLoaf once. We really prefer the Polynesian over the GF mainly due to the location of the Hawaii bldg, the great views from that building and from the pool area. And we also like the staff that works there.

However, I would say that the food offerings at SugarLoaf are more substantial than at the Polynesian. I remember there being MUCH more for the 'afternoon' hours. And the breakfast foods were more elaborate.

One thing we found annoying at SugarLoaf was the noise factor. The noise from other rooms carried .... in the morning we could hear the toilets flushing from all over the building and normal level conversations in the halls. Just seemed much noiser to us. And the views from SugarLoaf are nothing spectacular.
For our first stay (and only stay so far) at the Poly, we were in Samoa and we loved being right by the volcano pool, as well as just a few steps from the GCH, Captain Cooks, and the beach . That's one thing I would love about CL.....you're guaranteed being right by the pool and in close proximity to everything else .

Quote:
different cereals
fresh fruit

Thank you for this . My DH and DSs could handle a breakfast like this for a few mornings, but they also need their eggs and bacon . I, on the other hand, am fine with these offerings every day .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #1449
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That sounds fantastic! BWI CL does get great reviews

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #1450
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is Merlot still the only red wine offered?

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
Old 05-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #1451
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieDisneyLover View Post

I really agree with this. The afternoon food at the Poly consisted of goldfish, chips and a few cookies, not at all like what we had at the GF. And the breakfast was less substantial than the one at the GF as well. The evening food was plentiful and "fun" -- not as fancy as at the GF, but quite good.

However, we love the location of the Hawaii building, the views from there over the lagoon towards the castle, etc. And getting to watch the fireworks from our balcony while munching on dessert from the CL lounge was fantastic.

I like them both, but they are quite different.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #1452
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Thumbs up AWESOME 7 night stay on CL with MKV!

Oh my gosh.....we had a wonderful time in April at WDW! I promised to report back here and on the the CR site. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I am going to post this on both pages to hit everyone who knew were were going and asked for a report.

We flew down and stayed at the Swan for 3 nights. We liked the look of the hotel and enjoyed walking around to see the buildings and fountains - especially in the evenings. The boat shuttles were a fun change from the busses. We stayed in a suite there and enjoyed settling in for our vacation.

Then, on Day 4 we moved to the CONTEMPORARY for 8 more days. What can I say except WOW?!?!? Everyone on the 14th floor was wonderful. We think it was one of the best trips we have ever had down there.

The rooms were very clean, but were getting ready for a huge overhaul starting this month. So, the design and layout will totally change - and price will probably go up a ton!! We had a bedroom and bathroom, another living room with a sofa bed and another full bathroom AND a kitchen with a full dining room table. Our balcony was HUGE and there were several sliding glass doors on it. We sat out there a few nights and enjoyed the fireworks. Our kids are older, so we were at the parks late a lot of the nights.

The food and drink offerings were always nice and available. We had 3 small refrigerators in our room (2 in the kitchen and one in the bedroom). We drink a lot of water, and they filled them up with those for us. We do not drink alcohol, but there was always plenty of that in the lounge if you need it.

The only thing that bugged me all week were the little kids who would run up, grab at the food and eat it standing there. Of course they were licking their little fingers the entire time. We even saw them pick food up and put it back. YUCK! What is wrong with parents these days?! We would just ask one of the CMs up there to remove it, and they would. They would bring out a new tray within a minute that was totally wrapped and ready to open (so it was CLEAN food!) I told my kids to always get their food from the BACK of the tray if they wanted anything off of a half eaten tray. Seriously, almost every day parents (different families too!) would be out on the balcony or talking to the CM at the desk around the corner from the food and their kids would run WILD around the lounge. Rude. But, then you run into rude people everywhere. Parents don't know how to parent anymore.

We did see one woman come in her pjs one morning - kind of late, maybe around 9:30 a.m. The CM went up to her and talked to her discreetly. She took her food and left. I never saw people again in their pjs over the 8 days we were there. Whew!

CMs were very helpful getting us reservations to things we wanted to do, places we wanted to eat and they even reserved a pool cabana for us a couple of afternoons. Now that is a nice way to enjoy the afternoon after a full morning at the park and a full night ahead of you for the evening.

Some of the places we ate.....Shula's, Le Cellier, Cape May, Il Mulino, California Grill (2 nights!!), The Wave (excellent lunch buffet with really fresh salads and sandwiches), Yachtsman, Grand Floridian, etc.

If you have any questions about the suite (we stayed in 4914) or anything, please ask. If you are planning a stay there, you will not be disappointed!! I can't imagine ever going back and staying anywhere other than that floor again. We are spoiled!
tween son

Last edited by clemsondisneyfan; 05-19-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #1453
pas130
DIS Veteran

clemsondisneyfan Thanks for the review. I was waiting to see how awesome your Suite stay would be Any pictures to be posted?

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #1454
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondisneyfan View Post
Oh my gosh.....we had a wonderful time in April at WDW! I promised to report back here and on the the CR site. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I am going to post this on both pages to hit everyone who knew were were going and asked for a report.

We flew down and stayed at the Swan for 3 nights. We liked the look of the hotel and enjoyed walking around to see the buildings and fountains - especially in the evenings. The boat shuttles were a fun change from the busses. We stayed in a suite there and enjoyed settling in for our vacation.

Then, on Day 4 we moved to the CONTEMPORARY for 8 more days. What can I say except WOW?!?!? Everyone on the 14th floor was wonderful. We think it was one of the best trips we have ever had down there.

The rooms were very clean, but were getting ready for a huge overhaul starting this month. So, the design and layout will totally change - and price will probably go up a ton!! We had a bedroom and bathroom, another living room with a sofa bed and another full bathroom AND a kitchen with a full dining room table. Our balcony was HUGE and there were several sliding glass doors on it. We sat out there a few nights and enjoyed the fireworks. Our kids are older, so we were at the parks late a lot of the nights.

The food and drink offerings were always nice and available. We had 3 small refrigerators in our room (2 in the kitchen and one in the bedroom). We drink a lot of water, and they filled them up with those for us. We do not drink alcohol, but there was always plenty of that in the lounge if you need it.

The only thing that bugged me all week were the little kids who would run up, grab at the food and eat it standing there. Of course they were licking their little fingers the entire time. We even saw them pick food up and put it back. YUCK! What is wrong with parents these days?! We would just ask one of the CMs up there to remove it, and they would. They would bring out a new tray within a minute that was totally wrapped and ready to open (so it was CLEAN food!) I told my kids to always get their food from the BACK of the tray if they wanted anything off of a half eaten tray. Seriously, almost every day parents (different families too!) would be out on the balcony or talking to the CM at the desk around the corner from the food and their kids would run WILD around the lounge. Rude. But, then you run into rude people everywhere. Parents don't know how to parent anymore.

We did see one woman come in her pjs one morning - kind of late, maybe around 9:30 a.m. The CM went up to her and talked to her discreetly. She took her food and left. I never saw people again in their pjs over the 8 days we were there. Whew!

CMs were very helpful getting us reservations to things we wanted to do, places we wanted to eat and they even reserved a pool cabana for us a couple of afternoons. Now that is a nice way to enjoy the afternoon after a full morning at the park and a full night ahead of you for the evening.

Some of the places we ate.....Shula's, Le Cellier, Cape May, Il Mulino, California Grill (2 nights!!), The Wave (excellent lunch buffet with really fresh salads and sandwiches), Yachtsman, Grand Floridian, etc.

If you have any questions about the suite (we stayed in 4914) or anything, please ask. If you are planning a stay there, you will not be disappointed!! I can't imagine ever going back and staying anywhere other than that floor again. We are spoiled!
It's great you enjoyed your stay up there.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #1455
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
clemsondisneyfan Thanks for the review. I was waiting to see how awesome your Suite stay would be Any pictures to be posted?
How do I post pictures? Is there a link telling me how to do it?
tween son
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: