Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #1426
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
I have just started to read thru this thread and was wondering, when you do CL, do any of you also get refillable mugs?
My brother and I used our mugs when we stayed CL at YC because there are times when the drinks at CL are closed but you are still able to access the drinks from the gift shop/food court area. We never took drinks to our room but I know many people do so I guess if you did that you wouldn't need a mug then!
__________________
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #1427
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse_House View Post
Is it worth it to do the online check-in if you are staying CL? I've never done it before and checking in at CL has always been sooo easy, I just didn't know if it helped in any way. Thanks for any advice.
There's no reason to do online check-in when staying CL unless you're arriving before or after CL is open and even then, at those hours, the front desk would not be busy.
WDWKOOK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #1428
Mouse_House
Earning My Ears
 
Mouse_House's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
There's no reason to do online check-in when staying CL unless you're arriving before or after CL is open and even then, at those hours, the front desk would not be busy.
Great! Thank you so much for all of your help!!
__________________


Wilderness Lodge CL 2013, Boardwalk Inn CL 2012, Wilderness Lodge CL 2011, Grand Floridian CL 2010, Boardwalk Inn CL 2009, Wilderness Lodge CL 2008, Wilderness Lodge CL 2007, Beach Club CL 2006
Mouse_House is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #1429
meredith1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
The CMs were absolutely wonderful! They were very helpful when I needed their help, didn't mind all the questions I asked and the lounge was clean and had a variety of snacks and foods and drinks! I loved one of the wines they had out. I took a picture of the label so I could buy it in the future. I would highly recommend CR CL for those who would utilize it!
We just moved from CR/CL/MK view to just CR/MK view because I didn't think that we would utilize it. I mainly got it to take advantage of the cocktails in the evening once my 3.5 went to bed but, as much as I enjoy wine and cordials, I don't think I would drink 1000.00 in five nights. : )
__________________
Dec, 2011-Contemorary Resort/TPV
Dec, 2013-Grand Floridian/TPV

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #1430
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue
 
Lillian Gracey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 1,549

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
We just moved from CR/CL/MK view to just CR/MK view because I didn't think that we would utilize it. I mainly got it to take advantage of the cocktails in the evening once my 3.5 went to bed but, as much as I enjoy wine and cordials, I don't think I would drink 1000.00 in five nights. : )
I definitely agree. We just didn't utilize it enough to justify the extra money. Though it was great to watch Wishes from the lounge since we had a BL view. I would have done a CR/MK or BL if it were available with the PIN I had, but unfortunately it was not. Oh well. There's always next time.
__________________
Me (Hannah) 24 DH (Corey) 30
Lillian Gracey is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #1431
Christine9125
DIS Veteran
 
Christine9125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
We do not, because the mugs are only good at the resort and they only include soda and coffee. All of that is available in the lounge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
It's available in the lounge from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM.

However let's say you like to drink Barqs Root Beer it might be available at the counter service location and not in the lounge. I mentioned that because when staying Club Level at the Contemporary, Boardwalk Inn and Polynesian, that's one drink that wasn't available in their lounges. However the Contempo Cafe and Captian Cook's had it available at their drink machines if you purchased the mug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
At AKL there is a coffee maker that does single servings, so it is there for guests to use whenever the lounge is open.
We typically make coffee in the room every morning, but DH said he isn't sure we will this year. *I* will tell you YES, we WILL make coffee in the room every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
My brother and I used our mugs when we stayed CL at YC because there are times when the drinks at CL are closed but you are still able to access the drinks from the gift shop/food court area. We never took drinks to our room but I know many people do so I guess if you did that you wouldn't need a mug then!
Thank you all for your answers, we will be spending alot of time at the pool, I am thinking we can try it without the mugs, but if we find it is hassle to go up to the lounge we may get the mugs anyways. Maybe I will have the kids by there own as a souviner with there money we are giving them, that will save DH and I $42 LOL
__________________
1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-POP
Christine9125 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #1432
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Christine9125: You can bring all the drinks you want down from the lounge to the pool (or even store them in your fridge). The sodas are in cans and they will even give you cups to put bottled beer/wine into and I'm not positive, but they might even have canned beer, but I've not seen it.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #1433
Christine9125
DIS Veteran
 
Christine9125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Christine9125: You can bring all the drinks you want down from the lounge to the pool (or even store them in your fridge). The sodas are in cans and they will even give you cups to put bottled beer/wine into and I'm not positive, but they might even have canned beer, but I've not seen it.
Thank You, these boards and the people on them are wonderful!
__________________
1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-POP
Christine9125 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #1434
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
Thank You, these boards and the people on them are wonderful!
I agree with you. So many wonderful people that share their love of Disney and have huge hearts.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #1435
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,160

I was wondering how Poly CL compares to GF SL and RPC? We are booked for SL in October, but my DH and DSs want me to switch to the Poly. We've stayed at the Poly before but not CL. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if the food offerings are comparable between there and the GF or if they are completely different. TIA .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #1436
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Christine9125: You can bring all the drinks you want down from the lounge to the pool (or even store them in your fridge). The sodas are in cans and they will even give you cups to put bottled beer/wine into and I'm not positive, but they might even have canned beer, but I've not seen it.
I have only seen Beer in bottles at the Contemporary, Polynesian and Boardwalk Inn Club Level lounges. So I think if they had it cans they would put them out and they never did. Although that would be an interesting question to ask them the next time I am there.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #1437
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I have only seen Beer in bottles at the Contemporary, Polynesian and Boardwalk Inn Club Level lounges. So I think if they had it cans they would put them out and they never did. Although that would be an interesting question to ask them the next time I am there.
At the poly if you tell them you'd like a beer for the pool they will give you one in a can. I would assume that it would be the same at almost all other resorts as they don't want glass around the pool.
hannahdrewmom is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #1438
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
Thank You, these boards and the people on them are wonderful!
You're welcome and I hope you have a wonderful vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I agree with you. So many wonderful people that share their love of Disney and have huge hearts.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I was wondering how Poly CL compares to GF SL and RPC? We are booked for SL in October, but my DH and DSs want me to switch to the Poly. We've stayed at the Poly before but not CL. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if the food offerings are comparable between there and the GF or if they are completely different. TIA .
Here is the link to the Poly menu that I posted on the previous page:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....582311&page=95



The RPC and SL serve the exact same food and drink, but it isn't the same as the KKC.

K&A&C'smom and others do a great job of answering GF questions on the new GF thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718331

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahdrewmom View Post
At the poly if you tell them you'd like a beer for the pool they will give you one in a can. I would assume that it would be the same at almost all other resorts as they don't want glass around the pool.
Thank you. I knew I read that somewhere and I couldn't remember where, it was the Poly thread.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #1439
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,160

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Here is the link to the Poly menu that I posted on the previous page:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....582311&page=95



The RPC and SL serve the exact same food and drink, but it isn't the same as the KKC.

K&A&C'smom and others do a great job of answering GF questions on the new GF thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718331

Thank you .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #1440
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thank you .
You're welcome. I hope you don't think I was pushing you off onto another thread, but I just think the GF thread is very helpful and friendly and they would help you if your question isn't fully answered here.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.